Jessee&Lilli

I-693 - Report of Medical examination and vaccination report

54 posts in this topic

Hi guys. This is my DS-3025. I'm 24 years old and got confused about my medical. I just remember I didn't get a tetanus vaccine and other one but forgot what was it and the doctor told me that I could get it here in US. We're gathering the requirements for AOS and don't want to get RFE. What is/are my missing vaccines that I need to get. Please help. Thank you.

post-192586-0-36341400-1425138564_thumb.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi guys. This is my DS-3025. I'm 24 years old and got confused about my medical. I just remember I didn't get a tetanus vaccine and other one but forgot what was it and the doctor told me that I could get it here in US. We're gathering the requirements for AOS and don't want to get RFE. What is/are my missing vaccines that I need to get. Please help. Thank you.

Did you read post #5 of this thread? >

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/428381-i-693-report-of-medical-examination-and-vaccination-report/?p=6206232

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

• 2 weeks later...

Okay guys , I'm so sorry to be annoying but I read this entire thread and am still confused. I, like a few others,did NOT receive a copy of the form DS3025 from my doctor. I know I don't have to see a civil surgeon because I had my medical within a year of filing AOS but do I still fill out an I-693 even though I don't have a DS3025? What I DO have is my personal vaccination card that I've had all my life and at the medical I asked them to write all the shots I was getting on that which they did. The problem is, it's just a simple card that's hand written so it may look like silly lol but it has all my shots in it and that's just how we do it in my home country. Anyway, my question is, should I fill out a I-693 and include a copy of my PERSONAL vaccination records or should I just leave everything out altogether and hope that they have the vaccinations from my original K1 package? Please help, thanks.

I'm the Beneficiarydancin5hr.gif

Sept 7th, 2013 = K1 Visa Application Submitted

Sept 18th, 2013 = NOA 1 via e-mail - Case Accepted and Routed to Texas Service Center

Sept 27th 2013= Received NOA1 hard copy

Oct 5th-12th 2013 = Had an AMAZING week together and now back to waiting...ClockWatch2.gif

February 12th 2014 = Five month mark passed. Service request ordered. They said in 27days we should have an answer.

March 15th 2014 = ALIEN REGISTRATION NUMBER CHANGED! FINALLY! dancin5hr.gif

May 31st-June 11th 2014 -Spent a Beautiful week and a half together and got a huge surprise on the day before she left. :D

June 10th 2014 = PETITION APPROVED!!! Hallelujah! :dance:

August 8th 2014 = Medical. Results: Passed

September 23rd 2014= INTERVIEW: APPROVED! so happy!!!!!!!

September 25-28th 2014 = System Error prevents VISA from being issued. :cry:

September 29th 2014= VISA in hand :dancing:

September30th 2014= Entered the USA :thumbs:
December 22nd 2014=MARRIED :)

March 18th 2015 = Filed AOS

April 3rd 2015 = Received NOA1 hard copies

June 20th 2015 = Received EAD/AP card in mail :)

July 28th 2015 = Received Notice of Potential Interview waiver :mellow:

Feb 29th 2016= FINALLY! RECEIVED MY GREENCARD! :dancing:

January 26th, 2018: Filed I-751 Removal of Conditions 

Feb 2nd 2018: Received NOA1

If you have received these vaccinations:

• MMR
  • Tdap
  • Varicella
  • Flu vaccine (if your medical was during flu season)

Then you can take a chance and just include a statement with your AOS application, stating that all your medical files including vaccinations were turned in at POE.

The other option, since you do not have the DS-3025, is to go to a civil surgeon with your personal vaccination record and have the CS transcribe your vaccinations onto the I-693. To clarify, only the civil surgeon can properly fill out the I-693, you cannot. You also cannot simply submit your vaccination record with your AOS application. Those must be on an official I-693 form.

K-1
NOA1: 04/08/2014; NOA2: 04/21/2014; Visa interview, approved: 07/15/2014; POE: 07/25/2014; Marriage: 09/05/2014

AOS

NOA1:  09/12/2014;  Biometrics:  10/06/2014;  EAD/AP Received:  11/26/2014;  Interview Waiver Letter:  01/02/2015;  

RFE:  07/09/2015;  Permanent Residency Granted:  07/27/2015;  Green card Received:  08/22/2015

ROC

NOA1:  05/24/2017;  Biometrics:  06/13/2017;  Approved without interview:  09/05/2018;  10 Yr Green card Received:  09/13/2018

Naturalization

08/09/2020 -- Filed N-400 online

08/09/2020 -- NOA1 date

08/11/2020 -- NOA1 received in the mail

12/30/2020 -- Received notice online that an interview was scheduled

02/11/2021 -- Interview

If you have received these vaccinations:

• MMR
  • Tdap
  • Varicella
  • Flu vaccine (if your medical was during flu season)
Then you can take a chance and just include a statement with your AOS application, stating that all your medical files including vaccinations were turned in at POE.

The other option, since you do not have the DS-3025, is to go to a civil surgeon with your personal vaccination record and have the CS transcribe your vaccinations onto the I-693. To clarify, only the civil surgeon can properly fill out the I-693, you cannot. You also cannot simply submit your vaccination record with your AOS application. Those must be on an official I-693 form.

Okay great, looks like I'll be taking the chance. I hope it works out without an RFE, Thank you!

I'm the Beneficiarydancin5hr.gif

Sept 7th, 2013 = K1 Visa Application Submitted

Sept 18th, 2013 = NOA 1 via e-mail - Case Accepted and Routed to Texas Service Center

Sept 27th 2013= Received NOA1 hard copy

Oct 5th-12th 2013 = Had an AMAZING week together and now back to waiting...ClockWatch2.gif

February 12th 2014 = Five month mark passed. Service request ordered. They said in 27days we should have an answer.

March 15th 2014 = ALIEN REGISTRATION NUMBER CHANGED! FINALLY! dancin5hr.gif

May 31st-June 11th 2014 -Spent a Beautiful week and a half together and got a huge surprise on the day before she left. :D

June 10th 2014 = PETITION APPROVED!!! Hallelujah! :dance:

August 8th 2014 = Medical. Results: Passed

September 23rd 2014= INTERVIEW: APPROVED! so happy!!!!!!!

September 25-28th 2014 = System Error prevents VISA from being issued. :cry:

September 29th 2014= VISA in hand :dancing:

September30th 2014= Entered the USA :thumbs:
December 22nd 2014=MARRIED :)

March 18th 2015 = Filed AOS

April 3rd 2015 = Received NOA1 hard copies

June 20th 2015 = Received EAD/AP card in mail :)

July 28th 2015 = Received Notice of Potential Interview waiver :mellow:

Feb 29th 2016= FINALLY! RECEIVED MY GREENCARD! :dancing:

January 26th, 2018: Filed I-751 Removal of Conditions 

Feb 2nd 2018: Received NOA1

Hello guys,

Vaccines which i must have for my age for Aos are: Td, MMR, Varicella and flushot.

I had my Td last year 12.12.2014 and was tild it ic active 10 years.

VARICELLA i had chicken pox as a kid, so i dont need.

Flushot i dont need because i am having interview after flu season.

MMR i took today, doctors gave me 1 shot explaining 3 in 1. And here i read i have to have anothet shot of MMR after sometime? Should i?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello guys,

Vaccines which i must have for my age for Aos are: Td, MMR, Varicella and flushot.

I had my Td last year 12.12.2014 and was tild it ic active 10 years.

VARICELLA i had chicken pox as a kid, so i dont need.

Flushot i dont need because i am having interview after flu season.

MMR i took today, doctors gave me 1 shot explaining 3 in 1. And here i read i have to have anothet shot of MMR after sometime? Should i?

Only need one in a series marked off on the DS-3025 or I-693.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

You can do that or if your DS-3025 from Knightsbridge is sufficient, use it. Read all this for information. It's some information I have compiled.

Do I need a medical exam?

What if I am a K nonimmigrant visa holder and already had a medical exam overseas?

If you were admitted as a:

A. K-1 fiancé(e) or a K-2 child of a K-1 fiancé(e); or as a

B. K-3 spouse of a U.S. citizen or a K-4 child of a K-3 spouse of a U.S. citizen; and

C. You received a medical examination prior to admission, then:

1. You are not required to have another medical examination as long as your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, is filed within one year of your overseas medical examination, and the medical examination did not reveal a Class A medical condition, or if you did have a Class A medical condition, you received a waiver of inadmissibility and have complied with the terms and conditions on the waiver.

From the I-693 instructions page 4, Section III. 2, c, 2

Even if a new medical examination is not required, you must still show proof that you complied with the vaccination requirements. If the vaccination record (DS 3025) was not properly completed and included as part of the original overseas medical examination report, you will have to have the vaccination report completed by a designated civil surgeon. In this case, you are required to submit the vaccination record and page 1 of Form I-693.

Do you need an I-693 immunization sheet? Is my DS-3025 filled out properly?

Look at your DS-3025. If it has the ALL of the following items, you don't need an I-693 (Adults 19-49 yrs old).

1. Shots marked with a date (at least one of a series)

MMR (two are required but if you have "insufficient time interval" checked, then you get a waiver)

Td or Tdap or DT or DTP or DtaP (One no longer than 10 years ago, ie.have a booster)

Varicella or VH written by it if you had chickenpox

Influenza (during flu season)** see note below because you are most likely okay without it.

2. Everything else marked not age appropriate, insufficient time interval, not flu season...things that allow a waiver.

3. RESULTS section filled in with "incomplete" and "may be eligible for blanket waiver" ticked or "complete" (but complete is rare).

4. Signed and dated by the doctor

If it's not completed EXACTLY like that then see a civil surgeon for the I-693. If it is complete, send a photocopy of your DS-3025. Almost isn't good enough. It needs to be filled out properly.

The USCIS is supposed to have your K1 medical files, but sometimes lose them or fail to match them up with your AOS. Do not get another exam unless you get an RFE that says they do not have results of your medical. It means they lost them, but you are probably stuck with paying for a new exam. Those kinds of RFE's are not about the immunizations or the form I-693; they are because USCIS failed to match up your other medical exam results with your AOS application.

**Note on flu shot: Flu shots are required for adults of all ages (changed Nov 2010) if your visa exam was between (Oct 1 and March 31). But if the AOS adjudicator picks up your case when it is not flu season, you will be excused. And the reverse is true. The adjudicator picks up your case during flu season, but sees it was NOT flu season when you had your medical exam, you are also excused because the date they go by is the date of your exam to determine if you were current on that date. Keep in mind that if you go to a civil surgeon for an I-693, then you are resetting the medical exam date for immunizations and you may have to get second doses of shots or a flu shot to become current on your new immunization date of record.

What if I only had one dose of MMR and it's marked "insufficient time interval"? Do I need to another dose and must I see a civil surgeon before AOS?

NO you do not need to see a civil surgeon unless USCIS loses the whole medical file you turned in at POE. If you were up to date the day that DS-3025 was signed, then you're okay without getting 2nd or 3rd doses. You can get them for your health, or you can not get them ever. It was not medically appropriate for you to get dose 2 on top of dose 1. There's a time interval for doses. So you get a waiver for "insufficient time interval" if that is marked on your DS-3025.

If you are one of the unlucky ones with a lost medical, then you will have to get a full medical again. By then, enough time would have passed for dose 2 so expect the CS to say you need it. Hopefully it won't come to that.

If you just chose not to get a second dose that was due (because it was more than 4 weeks since dose 1) then you wouldn't have that "insufficient time interval" waiver marked on your DS-3025. It was medically fine to have the second dose and you didn't. You aren't complete and have no waiver excuse.

What if I don't have a DS-3025?

If you are positive that you got the needed shots, then actually mailing in a DS-3025 photocopy is not necessary. The original form is with your other medical results and was turned over to USCIS at POE. That's actually the one that counts because it remained in the "chain of custody" so you didn't have an opportunity to alter it. The photocopy isn't really an official copy and is more for a reminder that you got complete at your visa exam. Of course without having a copy, you don't have the opportunity to see if the rest of the form was completed correctly.

Omg, so detailed information i was looking for myself :idea: Thank you very much!!

• 1 year later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline

Hi All, 

I have a question similar to this topic. My husband moved here from Denmark (DK) last month and we got married last week. We are filling out the I-485 sheet, and deciding on whether or not we need to fill out the I-693. He has a DS-3025 in DK (October 2016). We were double checking to make sure he has all of this vaccinations when we saw that he's only missing the flu shot. From what I read online he needs the flu shot if he is applying in flu season (October through March). Right now, I'm assuming we have to make an appointment with a certified panel physician ($200) Is this correct?  Has anyone else applied during this season?

Thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.