Mntjc

AOS with assets only

41 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

everyone who hasnt met the minimum based in employment income has been getting that letter

the embassy makes the final decision

Not true. I was unemployed at the time of filing our I-864 and I used assets instead. I didn't receive any such letter, my I-864 was accepted.

F2A

-----

10/29/2010: I-130 Sent

11/01/2010: NOA1

03/29/2011: NOA2

04/14/2011: NVC Case received

04/19/2011: AOS fee paid

05/07/2011: IV Fee paid

05/13/2011: AOS received

06/21/2011: Case completed at NVC

IR/1

-----

12/19/2012: Became US citizen and request sent to upgrade from F2A to IR/1

01/13/2013: Case completed (again!!)

04/02/2013: Interview (Approved)

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Not true. I was unemployed at the time of filing our I-864 and I used assets instead. I didn't receive any such letter, my I-864 was accepted.

Has been.

As in lately.

You were most definitely not lately.

oldlady.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

What is the total value of the assets you submitted?

What proof did you submit that these assets are worth that much?

We had around twice the minimum amount required in saving acounts, we provided 1 year worth of statements for each account.

We also indicated the value of the house in the US and 2 cars.

CR-1 Spouse Visa, Filled abroad (I am the Beneficiary / Applicant)

2012 USCIS (MSC)

October 15: I-130 NOA1

December 15: NOA2

2013 NVC (BRS) Case number received 5 weeks after NOA2 - DS-3032
February 25: AOS and IV delivered to NVC

March 13: Case complete
April 3: Interview - Visa approved - USCIS Immigrant Fee paid

May: POE (Dallas Fort Worth Airport)

2015 REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 18: NOA I-751 Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence

March 18: Biometrics appointment

August 17: approved

Timeline

Has been.

As in lately.

You were most definitely not lately.

I was hoping it would be a standard message for people using assets.

I'm not sure though if they're waiting for us now or going ahead and forwarding our case to the embassy?

Unfortunately I couldn't call NVC today so I'm not sure what to do. I think I will follow the advice and send an email (using supervisor review).

2012 USCIS (MSC)

Timeline

I was hoping it would be a standard message for people using assets.

I'm not sure though if they're waiting for us now or going ahead and forwarding our case to the embassy?

Unfortunately I couldn't call NVC today so I'm not sure what to do. I think I will follow the advice and send an email (using supervisor review).

No, they forward your info along.

They are just telling you that AS THEY SEE IT you'll be denied.

But it's up to the embassy if they allow it.

I think anyone filing on assets only should attempt to find a co sponsor as a back up just in case

oldlady.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

No, they forward your info along.

They are just telling you that AS THEY SEE IT you'll be denied.

But it's up to the embassy if they allow it.

I think anyone filing on assets only should attempt to find a co sponsor as a back up just in case

:thumbs:

With that much over the minimum you should be fine

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Timeline

First of all, thank you for all your help and advice!

We sent an email, replying to the checklist, explaining that we had submitted assets.

We didn't receive a reply to that email (yet) but did receive the CASE COMPLETE! :)

So, even though I'm very happy about it, I know it's not all done yet as the decision will be made at the interview.

I hope that having twice the amount in cash, plus a house and 2 cars, will be enough!

2012 USCIS (MSC)

Filed: IR-5 Timeline

If you're using ASSET ONLY to prove and meet minium proverty line:

Than whatever current proverty guide line 125% shown X(times) 3 = Total

Required document: Need to prove 1 year of bank statement (checking / saving) not just saving. Asset must be CLEAR SOLID LIQUID.

Keep in mind when using your house or car etc....as asset. You'll need to minus any lien holder outstanding debt and provide all documents unless it paid off and able to convert them within 1 year into CASH. Of course all related documents must be attach at time form is submitted.

If your INCOME DOES NOT meet proverty guide line of 125%:

Example:

Required income for 2 is $19,000/yr

But your current income only $15,000/yr

Formula to calculated subtitute additional asset:

$19k - $15 = $4K diffrences

For IR-1 you would multiply by 3 and IR-5 is by 5.

You would take $4k X 3 = $12

So you would need to show and prove that you have clear liquid asset of $12,000 or more sitting around. I would suggest you shown more than just $12,000 just to be safe and of course CASH is king. For houses and cars you will need to prove it can be convert into cash within 1 year and mention above. Again CASH is king.

FYI -

For houses and cars still have lien holders chance are slim but workable depend on consular at time of interview.

If you're considering using income oversea. This can work too but unless you can prove that once you're in USA that job still rolling in $$$.

It's ok to use intending immigrant asset as mention must be clear liquid. You will need to prove that asset can be taken out of that country (due to some country has cap limit amount of $$$ you may need to get a approval from your country offical to clear this too).

I hope this will help some of you.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

First of all, thank you for all your help and advice!

We sent an email, replying to the checklist, explaining that we had submitted assets.

We didn't receive a reply to that email (yet) but did receive the CASE COMPLETE! :)

So, even though I'm very happy about it, I know it's not all done yet as the decision will be made at the interview.

I hope that having twice the amount in cash, plus a house and 2 cars, will be enough!

Congrats!

Thankful for seeing this thread. Just got the same checklist as the OP

F - FINANCIAL EVIDENCE:______________________________________

The NVC has received the information you have submitted in reference to the Affidavit of Support. Please be advised that

the Affidavit of Support information you have provided does not appear to meet the minimum income requirement

according to the current poverty guidelines to sponsor the intending immigrant(s) for this petition. The consular officer will

make a decision regarding this requirement at the time of your interview. In order to avoid delays, you may wish to submit

an additional Affidavit of Support (Form I-864) for a/another Joint Sponsor to the National Visa Center to assist in

sponsoring the intending immigrants.

We are both living abroad so our incomes will stop when we move. We are using all cash as we've sold all our assets and living with my parents in anticipation of moving (really didnt expect it to take a year). We submitted current bank statements showing a combined total of $135k, anyone know if that would be sufficient for London embassy? Its mostly in my name (beneficiary). We are a household size of 2.

On the other hand we were expecting some trouble proving domicile with just a driver's license, bank statement, credit card statement & plane ticket. No problems with that at all :thumbs:

2012-02-27 We get married while living together in Australia
2012-03-25 She moves back to US, He moves back to UK
2012-03-26 She applies for UK visa
2012-04-06 UK Visa approved (10 days!)
2012-05-10 She moves to UK

2012-05-10 Sent I-130
2012-05-16 NOA1
2013-01-16 NOA2

2013-01-21 NVC Case received
2013-02-12 NVC number & IIN received
2013-02-13 AOS Invoiced & DS-3032 sent
2013-02-25 DS-3032 accepted
2013-02-26 IV invoiced - AOS & IV Paid
2013-02-29 IV & AOS packages sent
2013-03-01 IV & AOS packages arrived
2013-04-02 Case somplete/Interview Scheduled

2013-04-04 Medical
2013-05-28 Interview - Accepted!

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

I have a question how you show your income on the AOS. I will have three years of my taxes but the second year will be below the minimum. My most recently will show I am almost twice about the minimum It is guaranteed income. Will this be a problem or are they really just interested in your close year to the present date.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I have a question how you show your income on the AOS. I will have three years of my taxes but the second year will be below the minimum. My most recently will show I am almost twice about the minimum It is guaranteed income. Will this be a problem or are they really just interested in your close year to the present date.

My middle year was just slightly above the minimum requirement; I included in my cover letter the reasoning for that. I was in school, school fell apart and I found a job at the end of the year, leaving my only income for the year, 3 days in January, some unemployment benefits from September to the end of October, and a job from the end of October to December. My AOS had no problems.

Timeline

The NVC has received the information you have submitted in reference to the Affidavit of Support. Please be advised that

the Affidavit of Support information you have provided does not appear to meet the minimum income requirement

according to the current poverty guidelines to sponsor the intending immigrant(s) for this petition. The consular officer will

make a decision regarding this requirement at the time of your interview. In order to avoid delays, you may wish to submit

an additional Affidavit of Support (Form I-864) for a/another Joint Sponsor to the National Visa Center to assist in

We are both living abroad so our incomes will stop when we move. We are using all cash as we've sold all our assets and living with my parents in anticipation of moving (really didnt expect it to take a year). We submitted current bank statements showing a combined total of $135k, anyone know if that would be sufficient for London embassy? Its mostly in my name (beneficiary). We are a household size of 2.

On the other hand we were expecting some trouble proving domicile with just a driver's license, bank statement, credit card statement & plane ticket. No problems with that at all :thumbs:

Look in your regional forum.

It's possible your country is not difficult to prove intent to domicile with.

oldlady.gif

Timeline

I suggest writing an email with the "supervisor review" line. It loooks like they send this checklist when you don't have enough income, without taking assets into consideration...

Edited by Mntjc

2012 USCIS (MSC)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.