kori

i-134.Insufficiant income but assets???HELP.

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Cameroon
Timeline

Hi everybody.

NOA2 in mail and already NEW headache.

My fiance's (self-employed) 1040 form,line 20 shows an income of $3000????.Its bank account shows for almost 2 years deposit of $3800/months and he spend at least $3500/month.He owns 1 house valued to $200 000 that he just started renting this month and he is paying a loan($2000/month) on the house he is living in...His part on this second house is estimated to $150 000.He also have 3 cars beside the one he is driving.

Question one:Am lost as for the tax transcript because, how can someone pay each month $2000 and have an income of $3000 a year?

Question2:As we will have to list the assets,are we obliged to do the appraisal on both houses?Each month he recieved a receipt for the house payment indicating the value of the house ,how much he owns on the house and he has a 7 years old appraisal on the same house.on the house he completely owns,he have the receipt he pays each year for property tax which state the house value.

Question 3;He started renting the house he fully owns this month,how can we include it as an income?

Question4:Do we need to state the value of cars?If yes, What are the documents needed.

Question5:Should we submit Tax transcript or tax return????

BIG QUESTION:How can we proove he will be able to support me?

Thanks for your help.

PS;The household will include him and me.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

To use a house as an asset there must be a recent valuation done by a licensed appraiser. Also the title/ownership must be submitted along with a current mortgage balance statement (if any).

Tax transcripts are preferred. Copies of the complete tax return and all supporting documents can be submitted instead of the transcript.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

1. Because he has many deductions/ expenses

2. Yes, you need a recent appraisal.

3. Show rent receipts/ lease, the bank account the money goes into- since you only got NOA very recently, you'll likely have 2-3 months receipts by the time interview comes around.

4. If you need to use them as assets, yes. I believe Kelly BlueBook values are accepted (plus showing you own them outright).

5. Up to you

7. By documenting revenue streams and assets very well.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

1. Because he has many deductions/ expenses

2. Yes, you need a recent appraisal.

3. Show rent receipts/ lease, the bank account the money goes into- since you only got NOA very recently, you'll likely have 2-3 months receipts by the time interview comes around.

4. If you need to use them as assets, yes. I believe Kelly BlueBook values are accepted (plus showing you own them outright).

5. Up to you

7. By documenting revenue streams and assets very well.

I like the concise answers but they will not care about your answer to 3 above. For the self employed, "income" is not "income" until it appears on line 22 of a tax return. The same goes for 7 above. Revenue is not "income" in this context. For the self employed (business) "income" is revenue minus associated business expenses. No matter how much positive cash flow a rental home is producing today, it is still not "income" until it appears on line 22.

Houses. Appraisal and mortgage statement. State the value as the difference between the two, (equity).

For cars, blue book is OK for value but the same concept applies, only the equity is stated as an asset so if they are owned without loans, you show the blue book value and the free and clear title.

Finally, the US Citizen is usually in the best position to understand the affidavit of support and US tax issues. I suggest the USC, start dealing with all this directly ASAP.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.