filipinalover

i need an expert advice

57 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

Hello VJ members

Im filipina living and residing here in Philippines

who was married before in american guy who cheated on me

and he file divorce in USA and it was granted by the court there and he got married to his new wife

never been there anyway

i got it authenticated from Phil Embassy in USA (his new wife did and helped me)

but since we are married here in philippines its not valid and i am not capable to marry someone else since divorce is not recognized by Philippine law

so i didnt marry but have new bf online again as of this moment

and plan to meet this year or early next year depend on savings and vacation leave :) which i understand

back to my ex husband he died last yr of Aug 2011 due to lung cancer at the age of 55

which claims me as widowed here in the Philippines (as far as i know and people think)

since i am still his legal wife here in Philippines but according to his death cert his new wife is the wife as it is

stated in death cert as informant but i have cenomar marriage cert that proves that we get married and under our law im his wife here i have a copy of his death cert that sent to me by his new wife but i asked for a certified copy from his niece and she helped me and my bf in arizona is willing to help me to get it authenticated there..

now my question is this

if my bf file for k1 visa does my cenomar marriage cert and death cert is enough as proof of evidence that i am capable to re-marry someone or do i need to include the divorce paper? to prove that he got divorce in me so he marry someone else.

and regarding with my passport im still using his surname do i need to revert back to my single name

or just as is? (was thinking that could be a proof to that ive been married to my ex hubby)

or do i need to change it back to single name?

i have a daughter from another guy (not my ex husband) but another guy after i got divorce from my ex husband and shes using my single name not my married name since thats not his father and also shes using my last name because his father didnt sign the papers for the process of birth certificate ;) would this cause alot of trouble since we want to bring her with me :)

so heres the current situation

i have passport using my married name to my ex husband which will expire on 2013 of sept

my daughter is using my single name which i want to get her passport soon

i have divorce decree authenticated by Phil embassy in USA

and soon death Cert authenticated by Phil Embassy in USA

i know my current situation is kinda complicated ;)

but i hope you can help me

thanks and god bless us all...

Edited by filipinalover

Filed: Timeline

Hello VJ members

Im filipina living and residing here in Philippines

who was married before in american guy who cheated on me

and he file divorce in USA and it was granted by the court there and he got married to his new wife

never been there anyway

i got it authenticated from Phil Embassy in USA (his new wife did and helped me)

but since we are married here in philippines its not valid and i am not capable to marry someone else since divorce is not recognized by Philippine law

so i didnt marry but have new bf online again as of this moment

and plan to meet this year or early next year depend on savings and vacation leave :) which i understand

back to my ex husband he died last yr of Aug 2011 due to lung cancer at the age of 55

which claims me as widowed here in the Philippines (as far as i know and people think)

since i am still his legal wife here in Philippines but according to his death cert his new wife is the wife as it is

stated in death cert as informant but i have cenomar marriage cert that proves that we get married and under our law im his wife here i have a copy of his death cert that sent to me by his new wife but i asked for a certified copy from his niece and she helped me and my bf in arizona is willing to help me to get it authenticated there..

now my question is this

if my bf file for k1 visa does my cenomar marriage cert and death cert is enough as proof of evidence that i am capable to re-marry someone or do i need to include the divorce paper? to prove that he got divorce in me so he marry someone else.

and regarding with my passport im still using his surname do i need to revert back to my single name

or just as is? (was thinking that could be a proof to that ive been married to my ex hubby)

or do i need to change it back to single name?

i have a daughter from another guy (not my ex husband) but another guy after i got divorce from my ex husband and shes using my single name not my married name since thats not his father and also shes using my last name because his father didnt sign the papers for the process of birth certificate ;) would this cause alot of trouble since we want to bring her with me :)

so heres the current situation

i have passport using my married name to my ex husband which will expire on 2013 of sept

my daughter is using my single name which i want to get her passport soon

i have divorce decree authenticated by Phil embassy in USA

and soon death Cert authenticated by Phil Embassy in USA

i know my current situation is kinda complicated ;)

but i hope you can help me

thanks and god bless us all...

1. I think you need to use the divorce decree. For U.S. purposes that ended your marriage. You could also include the death certificate, but it's extra.

2. If you never asked the court to change your name back, you don't need to revert. Divorced women often keep the same name.

3. Your daughter's name doesn't matter. You need to document your relationship with her using a birth certificate showing you as the mom.

Surnames are not evidence of family relationships, birth certificates and marriage records are.

1. I think you need to use the divorce decree. For U.S. purposes that ended your marriage. You could also include the death certificate, but it's extra.

2. If you never asked the court to change your name back, you don't need to revert. Divorced women often keep the same name.

3. Your daughter's name doesn't matter. You need to document your relationship with her using a birth certificate showing you as the mom.

Surnames are not evidence of family relationships, birth certificates and marriage records are.

will my divorce decree will be enough and no need to file foreign judgement decree from philippine court? since we plan to marry in USA and as far as i know i can marry outside philippines only :)

Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Oo, your case is complicated because of filipino law. First of all, have you met in person your boyfriend from Arizona?

I know that divorce is not recognized be filipino government. This is just my personal opinion and might make things less

complicated for immigration purposes. I would first meet your boyfriend in person and discuss the possibility to marry there

in the philippines then you are elligible to apply for the cheaper IR-1/CR-1 IR-2/CR-2 visas.

Thomas & Cleofe

Oo, your case is complicated because of filipino law. First of all, have you met in person your boyfriend from Arizona?

I know that divorce is not recognized be filipino government. This is just my personal opinion and might make things less

complicated for immigration purposes. I would first meet your boyfriend in person and discuss the possibility to marry there

in the philippines then you are elligible to apply for the cheaper IR-1/CR-1 IR-2/CR-2 visas.

Thomas & Cleofe

ive read in some forum that she is divorce from her japanese husband and her american bf file for K1 visa to get married in USA and CO accepted her divorce decree as proof that she is eligible to marry that guy :) but i dont know in some cases im not sure :)

my bf is planning to visit this yr or early next yr ;)

Timeline

ive read in some forum that she is divorce from her japanese husband and her american bf file for K1 visa to get married in USA and CO accepted her divorce decree as proof that she is eligible to marry that guy :) but i dont know in some cases im not sure :)

my bf is planning to visit this yr or early next yr ;)

To be approved for a K-1 visa you NEED your CENOMAR showing that you are free to marry now.

To be approved for a K-1 visa you NEED your CENOMAR showing that you are free to marry now.

which serves my divorce decree as proof? which is di ko alam

but i have my ex husband death certificate :)

which claims me as widowed here in Php since im still married to him legally..tho im not the wife in his death cert

but im his legal wife here :)

Timeline

which serves my divorce decree as proof? which is di ko alam

but i have my ex husband death certificate :)

which claims me as widowed here in Php since im still married to him legally..tho im not the wife in his death cert

but im his legal wife here :)

Yes....that should make you legally able to marry again. If you have your marriage certificate, your husbands divorce decree and your husbands death certificate. That should be proof enough to the filipino government that you are able to marry again. I would check with the NSO to see if there is anything you need to file to bring all documents up to date.

Yes....that should make you legally able to marry again. If you have your marriage certificate, your husbands divorce decree and your husbands death certificate. That should be proof enough to the filipino government that you are able to marry again. I would check with the NSO to see if there is anything you need to file to bring all documents up to date.

we are not actually planning to get married here in Philippines but in USA but i dont know what or how to do to fix and get my first married void already maybe u got an idea how?

or should i just leave as it is married show divorce paper and death cert as proof..

Edited by filipinalover

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Your ex filed for divorce, this means that YOU need to organise for the divorce to be recognised in the Philippines, which it should be, because he filed for divorce.

Please read here: http://jlp-law.com/blog/judicial-recognition-of-a-foreign-divorce-decree/

The problem arises that you are NOT his wife in the US because of the divorce so while the death decree might free you in the Philippines, the divorce decree freed you in the U.S years before he passed on. It might confuse matters SO personally I would file for judicial recognition of the divorce so that your CENOMAR is clear that way and so you don't need to worry about the death certificate (however I would keep that for your records, doesn't hurt).

Your ex filed for divorce, this means that YOU need to organise for the divorce to be recognised in the Philippines, which it should be, because he filed for divorce.

Please read here: http://jlp-law.com/blog/judicial-recognition-of-a-foreign-divorce-decree/

The problem arises that you are NOT his wife in the US because of the divorce so while the death decree might free you in the Philippines, the divorce decree freed you in the U.S years before he passed on. It might confuse matters SO personally I would file for judicial recognition of the divorce so that your CENOMAR is clear that way and so you don't need to worry about the death certificate (however I would keep that for your records, doesn't hurt).

i never been in the USA im filipino citizen so yes divorce is not valid here so that means by philippine law regarding married he is legally married to me here but free in USA

so which people think that i can be widowed since im still married to him by philippine law/jurisdiction

why should i need to file foreign judgement if the plan is to get married in USA which divorce is accepted?

if i get cenomar and stated as married i have my divorce and death cert as back up i think? :)

Timeline

i never been in the USA im filipino citizen so yes divorce is not valid here so that means by philippine law regarding married he is legally married to me here but free in USA

so which people think that i can be widowed since im still married to him by philippine law/jurisdiction

why should i need to file foreign judgement if the plan is to get married in USA which divorce is accepted?

if i get cenomar and stated as married i have my divorce and death cert as back up i think? :)

You know what I would do if I were you.....bring your marriage certificate, death certificate and divorce decree to your local barangay or city hall and ask them if you qualify to apply for marriage license.

Filed: Country:
Timeline

Since your US Citizen husband was the petitioner in the divorce you need to file for judicial recognition of your foreign divorce. The Philippines will recognize the divorce since your foreign husband was the person who filed it (the petitioner).

When he died, you were no longer his wife, do the paperwork properly or it could come back to haunt you in the future.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

You didn't read the link I posted did you?... You don't need to file a foreign judgement. You file with YOUR GOVERNMENT to have the divorce recognised, which because he is a USC, and because HE filed for divorce, it will be. Read the link I posted previously which explains it to you.

You're right, the US says you're divorced, but you're going to tell them that you're widowed instead? You've got 2 sets of paperwork which mean different things. You were divorced before he died, he was married to someone else.

Again, read the link I posted, file with YOUR GOVERNMENT to have the divorce recognised, and move on. His death isn't relevant to you, you are not his wife under US law, so presenting yourself as a widow is wrong.

You know what I would do if I were you.....bring your marriage certificate, death certificate and divorce decree to your local barangay or city hall and ask them if you qualify to apply for marriage license.

but getting married here in philippines is not the plan my bf wants to get married in USA

do u think its best to get married here?

i have a back up in municipality here since my mayors secretary is my god mother so she can help me

if i want to get married here but my bf wants to marry me in US thats why we are seeking advice

if what to do :) he wants everything settled before he visit me ;)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.