beejay

Stand alone I-130 for stepchild(ren)

1,280 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Just checking in, Finally my son is here, we arrive last Monday, after 1 year of this immigration journey.

Thank you everyone for your help.

God bless us all.

And good luck.

Congrats! Really happy for you!

FINNALLLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

done with administratvie processing.. ceac says visa was issued today.. 90 days after interview.. my oldest stepson got his visa right after the interview so we have been in limbo wondering what was going on.. smh.. now that we are so close to the dec break, we are looking to have them come at that time.. just glad this is over finally.. thank you JESUS

Yay! So happy for you! God Bless.

Citizenship Event Date Service Center : Phoenix AZ Lockbox CIS Office : Santa Ana CA Date Filed : 2013-05-15 NOA Date : 2013-05-20 Bio. Appt. : 2013-06-13 Interview Date : 2013-09-03 Approved : Yes Oath Ceremony : 2013-09-27 Comments :

3rs1cazbtpo05.png

Timeline

So my son finally had his interview on the 19th of November. After gathering all the paperwork in the world, the consular officer didn't ask for one single document!!! haha!. Now he's waiting for his passport to come back with the visa affixed on it. I wonder if any of you know how to track it down, or how long will it take? The Consulate requires him to open an account at a site for DHL, but there has been no update on the tracking for the passport.

Take care everybody and good luck to all of you still waiting or starting this journey.

Citizenship Event Date Service Center : Phoenix AZ Lockbox CIS Office : Santa Ana CA Date Filed : 2013-05-15 NOA Date : 2013-05-20 Bio. Appt. : 2013-06-13 Interview Date : 2013-09-03 Approved : Yes Oath Ceremony : 2013-09-27 Comments :

3rs1cazbtpo05.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

I wonder if any of you know how to track it down, or how long will it take? The Consulate requires him to open an account at a site for DHL, but there has been no update on the tracking for the passport.

With my husband two years ago we had to do the DHL thing, and I remember it taking about three weeks to arrive. We picked one of the DHL offices in Guayaquil since that's closest to where he lived and I think we checked the tracking every few days and went and asked at the DHL office each time we passed through.

Edited to add: Just checked my travel journal, and we got the visa 19 days after the interview, we had checked at the 15 day mark and it wasn't there yet, so it arrived in that window.

Edited by keljopy

ALFREDO KIDS

2009-12-10: Met 2013-7-23: Filed I-130
2010-9-29: Engaged 2013-7-26: NOA1
2011-5-31: Filed I-129 2014-1-22 (2 of them), 2014-1-28 (1 of them): NOA2
2011-6-6: NOA1 2014-2-08 (2 of them) 2014-2-14 (1 of them): NVC received packet
2011-10-18: NOA2 2014-3-19 (2 of them), 2013-2-25 (1 of them): AOS fee bill generated
2011-10-26: Left NVC 2014-3-26: DS-261 filed, called for cases to be re-linked since one was
2011-10-31: Consulate received separated from the others to only pay one AOS fee
2011-12-1: Interview 2014-3-27: Cases are linked, paid AOS fee
2011-12-20: Visa received 2014-3-28: IV fees generated, paid
2011-12-27: Entered US 2014-4-1: Fees listed as paid
2012-1-20: Married 2014-4-2: AOS and IV packages sent
2012-1-23: Filed AOS/EAD 2014-4-3: DS-260 filled out
2012-1-27: AOS/EAD NOA 2014-4-4: Packages received by NVC

2012-2-6: Biometrics (appointment scheduled 2-14, but we had a trip 2014-4-25: Got checklist for AOS paperwork (they didn't actually want my

planned then and showed up early, they allowed it). income/his income where indicated on 864/864a, they wanted our
2012-3-26: EAD approval combined income for each, even though that's not what it says and
2012-3-29: AOS Interview and approval makes no sense whatsoever, also must put N/A in residence on
2012-4-2: EAD received 864a even though it says that nowhere and on 864 specifically says
2012-4-7: Greencard received to not use N/A but leave blank)

2013-12-31: Filed I-751 2014-4-26: Sent new AOS forms

2014-1-6: NOA1 2014-4-28: Package received by NVC

2014-1-31: Biometrics 2014-5-23: Told case complete over phone

2014-4-17: Approval 2014-5-29: Received case complete emails

2014-4-23: 10yr Green Card received 2014-5-31: Received interview date

2014-7-14: Interview

2014-7-24: Packets/Passports/Visas arrived at DHL (but tracking never said "waiting for pickup", on US website said "in transit", only found out by calling DHL in Ecuador)

2014-8-13: Entered US

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello, and welcome! I'm glad to have a fellow September filer for Mexico to wait with! If you'd like to see where things are at for USCIS and I-130 petitions, I'd recommend that you check out this topic:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/452116-september-2013-i-130-filers/

The users in that thread are pretty pro-active about running down the latest news about the latest in the ever-changing USCIS processes regarding the petitions. The backlog USCIS has run up is rather extreme, and the basic consensus right now is to just sit back and expect a long wait. At one point they were estimating a 13 month approval wait time (at which point I was like crying.gif). Now I've just read that they updated the site to say 7 months, but honestly, any estimates they give you aren't reliable. I'm just taking a deep breath and praying CONSTANTLY for patience for both myself and my husband while we wait, wait, and then wait some more. ClockWatch2.gif

Out of curiosity, which service center was your petition sent to?

Good luck to you!

I sent the I-130 to Phoenix, and I received the NOA1 from the National Benefit Center in Overland Park, KS.

It looks like I still have to wait a lot for NOA2....ClockWatch2.gif

Filed: IR-2 Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi VJ ever since I've been on this site you guys have helped me a lot and I want to thank you all. you guys are a blessing... now to my story:

My journey started on Feb 22 2013 when my step mom filed the i130, It was approved there after and while at NVC we got a check list because she didn't put the date on the AOS form! Finally it was approved. On the day of the interview, the CO said that everything was OK but just two small problems...My dad put his name on my Birth Certificate 7 years after I was born and so because Jamaica is a High Fraud country he needed proof of relationship.Thank fully he didn't request DNA instead he asked for me to get pictures of me and my dad together. The only pic I had with my dad was when he was holding me when I was a baby, sadly he has been looking for it and cannot find it...The CO also requested that I get a form from my school with my dad name on it... that I have.. he also needed Joint sponsor and that I have.. Right now I don't know what to do... because sadly I don't have the money to do DNA and i'm afraid he might NOT be my dad and then everything would go to waste.. I don't know what to do... I'm depressed ! Thank you all for reading and Have a great journey :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi guys! My husband filed for my son... He is the USC.. If the I130 will be approved what's next? My son is 4 yrs. old he can't do some papers to sign, will the NVC still send the beneficiary some paper works to sign on ?.. Please guide me on this one..

And my mother will be the one to accompany him coming her in the U.S. but she still have to apply for tourist visa.. Is there possible way that they will schedule their interview together? If yes how? Coz for my son it is the NVC or embassy who will schedule it... Thank u....

Febuary 13 - Sent I-129f

Febuary 17 - NOA1

March 15 - RFE

March 16 - Replied RFE

March 21 - NOA2

March 26 - NVC received

March 26 - Got MNL case #

March 26 - Received NOA2 hard copy

March 26 - Paid BPI $350

April 17 - Medical( St. Lukes)

April 24 - Interview (Administrative Review 221g

May 15 - received text from to go that visa is ready for pick up!! (OMG! finally!!)

THANK YOU LORD FOR ALL THE BLESSINGS...

Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline

So my son finally had his interview on the 19th of November. After gathering all the paperwork in the world, the consular officer didn't ask for one single document!!! haha!. Now he's waiting for his passport to come back with the visa affixed on it. I wonder if any of you know how to track it down, or how long will it take? The Consulate requires him to open an account at a site for DHL, but there has been no update on the tracking for the passport.

Take care everybody and good luck to all of you still waiting or starting this journey.

Congratulations on the approval, finally its over.

Thanks.., my sons ssn already arrive, and already apply him a US passport, we actually had to go to San Diego passport Agency, coz i just had a doubt that the people in Post office or Library is not familiar processing, for a child to derive citizenship from a bilogical parent thats already citizen.. Already did, and i already receive my son US passport yesterday... Actually has to pay expedite, and go to San Diego passport agency since the one in LA require that you have a proof of International travel to be able to get an appointment.

For the rest of the parents here thats still waiting, good luck guys.

Timeline

Hi guys! My husband filed for my son... He is the USC.. If the I130 will be approved what's next? My son is 4 yrs. old he can't do some papers to sign, will the NVC still send the beneficiary some paper works to sign on ?.. Please guide me on this one..

And my mother will be the one to accompany him coming her in the U.S. but she still have to apply for tourist visa.. Is there possible way that they will schedule their interview together? If yes how? Coz for my son it is the NVC or embassy who will schedule it... Thank u....

Hi, since your son is 4 years old, i believe he doesn't need to sign.,.after the approval in USCIS , next step is NVC, right now you can start preparing all the documents need for NVC, like passport,

And for tourist visa, you have to go to US Embassy manila website and schedule the tourist visa for your mom,

I had my mom apply for tourist visa and got denied.):, so i ended up going home to attend my sons interview,

Good luck

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Do they send papers for my son(beneficiary) to file and send it to the NVC or embassy?...

So sad your mom got denied? Did she have the special power of attorney? I went to DSWD last june in the philippines to get his passport and it was attached that my mom will be the companion..

Febuary 13 - Sent I-129f

Febuary 17 - NOA1

March 15 - RFE

March 16 - Replied RFE

March 21 - NOA2

March 26 - NVC received

March 26 - Got MNL case #

March 26 - Received NOA2 hard copy

March 26 - Paid BPI $350

April 17 - Medical( St. Lukes)

April 24 - Interview (Administrative Review 221g

May 15 - received text from to go that visa is ready for pick up!! (OMG! finally!!)

THANK YOU LORD FOR ALL THE BLESSINGS...

Timeline

Last Monday I received a text and email that we received an RFE on each of my 3 petitions. The hard copy arrived today and they want a copy of my original marriage certificate with date of registration and the signature of the registrar, I submitted a copy of the certificate with my petitions. The deal is that all the information they requested is on the marriage license. Tomorrow I'm sending them the copy of the long legal paper size that has both the license, certificate and time stamp of when the marriage was entered into public record.

That was not an issue with my wife's AOS so I didn't think to include the license in the kid's petition. At least the USCIS finally spread the paperwork around and there is activity on our 3 petitions.

Timeline

Hi everyone!

So my son is finally here! He arrived in the country on the 28th of November (just in time for the Thanksgiving dinner :) what a blessing!!!!) Now we are waiting for his social security card to arrive in the mail. Does anyone know how long does that take? He wants to get his drivers license and a job, so he can resume his life, and we've been waiting for almost three weeks.

To the rest of you still waiting, hang in there!!!

3rs1cazbtpo05.png

Timeline

Hi everyone!

So my son is finally here! He arrived in the country on the 28th of November (just in time for the Thanksgiving dinner :) what a blessing!!!!) Now we are waiting for his social security card to arrive in the mail. Does anyone know how long does that take? He wants to get his drivers license and a job, so he can resume his life, and we've been waiting for almost three weeks.

To the rest of you still waiting, hang in there!!!

Congratulations!!!!!! I am so happy for you,!

Ive got my son's ssn in the mail on Nov 16, my son arrive in Nov 11, so 6 days, I was really surprise to see it in the mail, i was expecting it to be at least 2-3 weeks,

Good luck

Edited by Worriedmominoc

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

First time posting in this thread (I think), my wife got her citizenship in March 2013 and in May she petitioned (I-130) for her son and daughter (ages 15-16). No word yet, it's been about 5 months. But with the gov't shutdown, I don't expect to hear from them too soon.

I realize everybody is different, but what is the average approval wait for the I-130 lately?

Thanks.

We got the approval today 12/19/13. Got the text that an update was posted. I checked online and it's the approval. 7 months plus a couple of days.

If it will help anybody, here's the timeline:

May 16-petitions received at USCIS.

Nothing until Dec 12

Dec 11-update text, online says cases transferred to another office for processing (but didn't say where)

Dec 12-update text, cases were transferred to my local office (not true, the letter by mail said they were transferred to California).

Dec 19 (8pm)- update text, your alien registration number was changed for the I-130

Dec 19 (10:30pm)- update text, petitions approved

Good luck to all.

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Good day everyone! Just curious which forms I need to file for my daughter. my husband is petitioning me from tourist to permanent resident (AOS). my daughter is still in my country. we just sent all the forms for me I-130, I-485, and the I-765 altogether + 2nd form I-130 for the daughter. All forms have been accepted and got the notice of action except for my daughter which has been rejected and asking for additional form I-485 separately for her. I am just confused the AOS is for adjusting status residing here in the US, correct?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.