Becky<3Jorim

K-1 Brown Envelope (formerly K-3 medical)

28 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belgium
Timeline

OP did the same as I did, only a month earlier, he is filing for AOS now ( or should be :D )

Yeah we send I-485 + I-765

allready called the desk to get my birth cirtificate translated + certified into full english , not multiple languages as i have it now.

x9ztv9cs3.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I've moved this thread from the K-3 forum to the AOS from a family visa forum as the OP is a K-1 visa entrant who is now applying for a green card. I've also edited the topic title to better reflect the real concern

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Becky <3Jorim,

Welcome to Visa Journey. Immigration can be very confusing with all of the different paperwork involved.

First - you may wish to update your personal profile information here on Visa Journey and change the F-1 to a K-1 as that is what you are a K-1 visa holder, soon to be an Adjustment of Status applicant. :)

You arrived in the US as the fiance of a US citizen on a Fiance - K-1 - visa. A requirement of this visa was to get married within 90 days. Once you get married, you then file another application called :Adjustment of Status". This is requesting permission to become a permanent resident in the US based upon your marriage to a US citizen.

The brown envelope you were given at your interview contained all of your immigration paperwork from the very beginning. You were basically the 'courier' who brought your immigration file to the US. You were supposed to hand it over to the authorities at your Port of Entry - which you did. They would go through it to make sure the information was complete and then sent it on to the USCIS office near where you would be living. Your paperwork is now there waiting for your AOS (I-485) file.

The medical report you received in Belgium is in your file. You don't need to redo your medical but what you do need to do is provide an up to date copy of the medical paperwork that shows all of your vaccinations. You weren't required to have all of your vaccinations completed for the K-1 visa, but you are for the AOS so that is why they are requesting a new medical statement. You will just need to go to an approved doctor (Civil Surgeon) here in the US and bring to him/her the proof you have had all of the necessary vaccinations. You would either include that in with the AOS application or you can bring it to an interview. Since it is unlikely you will have an interview, if you do not send this form in with your I-485, you will receive a request for it from USCIS.

So, you don't need to worry about the brown envelope. It is where it is supposed to be. As soon as you file the I-485, an immigration officer will match up the paperwork from the brown envelope with your I-485 application and make their decision.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline

So i just need to update mine ?

the one in belgium only gave me Titanus shot.

u know when u get cut by rusty old metal... that shot is to resist it.

So the brown envlope is close by in the office where i live than?

but in that brown envlope is allready my whole history of shot records.

i only need tho do is update it in a (civil surgeon) in the US ?

thats cool =)

is there any on the forum that say's how much $$ each shot is ?

or how much shots thy gonne give me more ?

~~Jorim

x9ztv9cs3.png

So i just need to update mine ?

the one in belgium only gave me Titanus shot.

u know when u get cut by rusty old metal... that shot is to resist it.

So the brown envlope is close by in the office where i live than?

but in that brown envlope is allready my whole history of shot records.

i only need tho do is update it in a (civil surgeon) in the US ?

thats cool =)

is there any on the forum that say's how much $$ each shot is ?

or how much shots thy gonne give me more ?

~~Jorim

When you turn in the brown envelope, it goes to a US storage place. In that envelope is all your K1 files--the petition, the interview forms, and your medical results. When you file for AOS, the person opening your envelope will order your brown envelope file (called your A-file) out of storage to be sent to him. He will put everything together in a new file. Then it may be sent to the office near you for an interview OR it may be sent to California Service Center and they will send you a greencard without an interview. They will send you a letter telling you where it is sent.

Shots: Did you get a form from you visa medical called a DS-3025 listing shots? Do you have any more records of shots you have already had from you family doctor? You take everything you have to a Civil Surgeon because all shots must be put on one form and signed by a doctor approved by the USCIS. You could get any shots you need from your wife's doctor, or the Health Department, or a Redi-Cinic in Walgreens, Duane Reade, or a grocery store, or the Civil Surgeon. Find where they are the cheapest. Every place sets their own prices so call and ask. Then all of the different shot papers have to be copied onto one form (I-693) by a Civil Surgeon.

The shots you need are:

Td or Tdap or DT or DTP or DTaP (one of those)

MMR

Varicella (If you had chickenpox as a child, then you don't have to get that shot. Tell the Civil Surgeon.)

Flu shot (because it is now flu season)

You do NOT have to have a whole medical exam done over. Sometimes it is hard to get a Civil Surgeon to ony fill in your shot paper. They sometimes charge too much. Call and ask each one how much to do only your immunization record and not the full exam. Your medical exam will be in your file, so you don't do another. You have also been cleared of TB so don't pay for a TB test. If the doctor office doesn't know this, then hang up and call another on the list.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Timeline

Yeah he did gave me the DS-3025 , with 3 other forms.

1. Was a complete history of shot record.

2. Was just information about me.

nr 3 and 4 i dont remember.

I also neted to have my longs scanned.

So total of medical proof are 4 papers in that brown envelope.

I just wait untill i got a NOA-1 to get shots , i just go around and call/ask for how much and where.

Also i made a apointment to get me my birth cirtificate translated and certified 3day's ago, im going to call again tomorrow to that office.

x9ztv9cs3.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

DS-3025 - usually if you make 2 sets at the original doctor's office in Belgium, each with original signature:

1. one goes in the medical packet - you'll never see it again

2. one goes in your hands - you carry it to USA, give it to a civil surgeon to update the I-693.

Usually.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Then it may be sent to the office near you for an interview OR it may be sent to California Service Center and they will send you a greencard without an interview. They will send you a letter telling you where it is sent.

Is that true? meaning, if the case is transferred to CA there will be no interview? Man, now I feel reading more about it. My wife received a letter stating her case was transferred to CA.

Is that true? meaning, if the case is transferred to CA there will be no interview? Man, now I feel reading more about it. My wife received a letter stating her case was transferred to CA.

I wouldn't have said that if it wasn't true. It happens fairly often to K1s. You can still get an RFE when they look over your file at CSC so don't celebrate yet. Or if your case had something in it the guy at CSC thought needed a face-to-face discussion, he could send it back for an interview, but that probably won't happen.

My husband's last (and only) interview was London 2008, yet he's received his two year and ten year greencards since then. It happens.

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Timeline

DS-3025 - usually if you make 2 sets at the original doctor's office in Belgium, each with original signature:

1. one goes in the medical packet - you'll never see it again

2. one goes in your hands - you carry it to USA, give it to a civil surgeon to update the I-693.

Usually.

The docter i went to in belgium was in Antwerp , he only gave 1 of each for in the brown envelope.

x9ztv9cs3.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

usually if you make 2 sets at the original doctor's office in Belgium

I never referenced 'he only gave '

Please note, is different 'to make' vs 'he gave'.

HUGE difference, always.

Have a good one !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I wouldn't have said that if it wasn't true. It happens fairly often to K1s. You can still get an RFE when they look over your file at CSC so don't celebrate yet. Or if your case had something in it the guy at CSC thought needed a face-to-face discussion, he could send it back for an interview, but that probably won't happen.

My husband's last (and only) interview was London 2008, yet he's received his two year and ten year greencards since then. It happens.

Thanks

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Belgium
Timeline

The docter i went to in belgium was in Antwerp , he only gave 1 of each for in the brown envelope.

you were allowed to open the doctor's envelope to make copies if they only give you one DS-3025

(I went to the doctor in Brussels and opened the envelope in the office just to check everything was inside, there was only one DS-3025 so I copied everything to include in my AOS documents)

Just go to a doctor now and he will help you

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.