M L M

I-129F: Does Manila Accept Co-Sponsorship?

21 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello everyone at VJ! :)

A warm welcome to everyone here at Visa Journey.

We are a little over three months now waiting for our NOA2.

Anyways, does Manila US Embassy accept co-sponsorship for K1?

- My co-sponsor would be my father, and he is well-over the poverty guidelines

- Currently unemployed

- Two-year Associates of Applied Science Degree in Computer Programming

- Worked in 2006-2010, but my annual income does not qualify for the poverty guidelines

- We are both young (18 and 23)

I've heard it's a case-by-case status for co-sponsorship. Is it true? If so, would they accept our situation?

The following documents (listed below) we will provide to the consular:

I-134 Affidavit of Support

Employment Letter (Notarized)

W-2 (07'-10')

Income Tax Return (07'-10)

Bank Statement

Pay Stub

Property

All of your help is happily appreciated.

Keep in touch,

Your friends at Visa Journey! :)

Edited by Mike love Marinor

USEM Manila is strict when it comes to the financials. So far I have noticed that it's usually the basis of denials. They do accept co-sponsors and it's a lot better to do it that way if you yourself can't meet the poverty guidelines. But you being unemployed right now might be a problem. :unsure:

Edited by mrs. carey

W2tim4.png

US Wedding 7/22/2011

0386172.th.jpg0725350.th.jpg0962502.th.jpg0733355.th.jpg0857426.th.jpg

PH Wedding 3/12/2013

http://vimeo.com/61700599

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Unemployment might be a problem, letter explaining college and job hunting (what ever the truth is) with sponsor, might help.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Timeline

Thank you for your responses.

Me and my fiancee are so happy right now because our petition was just approved yesterday!!

We can not explain our happiness. :yes:

I will be attending the interview with my fiancee, and will create a letter about why I'm currently unemployed and I'm confident everything will work itself out.

Keep in touch,

Your friends at Visa Journey!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Thank you for your responses.

Me and my fiancee are so happy right now because our petition was just approved yesterday!!

We can not explain our happiness. :yes:

I will be attending the interview with my fiancee, and will create a letter about why I'm currently unemployed and I'm confident everything will work itself out.

Keep in touch,

Your friends at Visa Journey!

The letter likely won't matter. Sponsorship is strictly a numbers (income) game. Close relatives are more likely to be accepted as a cosponsor.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

The following is an email from the U.S. Embassy Manila to one of our fellow VJers regarding cosponsors for K-1ers:

Date: April 24, 2009

This is in reply to your inquiry of April 24, 2009, regarding your visa concerns.

Petitioners in fiancé(e) (K1) nonimmigrant visa cases are generally expected to provide the adequacy of their own financial resources to ensure that an alien, after admission into the United States, will not become primarily dependent on the US Government for subsistence. While our immigration law does not disallow joint sponsorships for K nonimmigrant visa applicants, the mere submission of an I-134 Affidavit of Support from joint sponsors is not sufficient to establish that the alien is not likely to become a public charge. Accordingly, we make a thorough evaluation of other factors, such as the sponsor's motives in submitting the Form I-134, the sponsor's relationship to the applicant or petitioner, the length of time the sponsor and applicant have known each other, etc. An I-134 Affidavit of Support submitted by a casual friend or distant relative who has little or no personal knowledge of the applicant has limited value. Unlike the I-864 filed by joint sponsors in immigrant visa cases, the I-134 is not legally binding and imposes no legal obligation on the joint sponsor to make good on his or her promises. Please be assured that we look at the totality of circumstances in assessing the credibility of joint sponsorships.

For information about financial sponsorship guidelines, you may visit the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) website at http://www.uscis.gov.

Information regarding fiancé(e) and immigrant visa petitions may be found at our website at http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/ty...types_1315.html or http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html.

Please direct future fiancé(e) and immigrant visa inquiries to this web link: http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3230.html.

• 1 month later...
Timeline

Thank you everyone. I'm going to be attending the Interview with my fiancee in January 2012. I'm still unemployed, and will be using my Father as a Co-Sponsor. I have savings in bank and bonds. My fiancee is only 18, and I'm 23. What does everyone think? Approved? :D

And, I'll also bring an I-864 along (even though it's not required by Embassy; it may help out my case).

Edited by Mike love Marinor

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hard to Call. Manila will accept a Co-sponsor if a immediate famly member from what I have seen. In this case your father which is good.

1-134 for each of you must proven but get to realize you will submit 2011 Tax Documents. Not 2010.

The Currant Income of the Sponsor and Co-Sponsor with supportive proof.

I have seen Co-sponsors accepted before on this Forum. (Philippines)

You are young and so is she. Stay in School if still attending. They want to see INCOME and not what the posibilities are later.

Life is like a draw at a poker table. If the odds are in your favor you will win more times than loose. If in doubt, walk away and play another day.

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY
3/27/2007....We first met on myspace
1/30/10 ......My Honey proposed
8/15/10 ......He visit Philippines(2wks) & met my family
12/17/10 ....USCIS received the Filed I-129F for K1-visa
12/21/10 ....Received hard copy,NOA1
5/25/11.......Received RFE
6/09/11.......NOA2 approved
12/07/11.....Visa fee paid at BPI

6/11/13.......2nd visa fee payment
7/10-11/13.. Medical Exam completed@St.Lukes Clinic
1/15-16/14.. 2nd Medical exam updated
1/21/14...... k1 interview-Visa Approved
8/29/14...... Submitted AOS application
10/03/14.....Biometrics
01/07/15.....Received my EAD card

01/31/15..... I got my SSN from the mail

04/20/15......AOS Interview - Approved :star:

4/24/15 .......Got the Driving Permit Card

4/30/15 .......Green Card Received :) (Exp.4/20/17)

http://youtu.be/BVf45EcdFwQ

The following is an email from the U.S. Embassy Manila to one of our fellow VJers regarding cosponsors for K-1ers:

Date: April 24, 2009

This is in reply to your inquiry of April 24, 2009, regarding your visa concerns.

Petitioners in fiancé(e) (K1) nonimmigrant visa cases are generally expected to provide the adequacy of their own financial resources to ensure that an alien, after admission into the United States, will not become primarily dependent on the US Government for subsistence. While our immigration law does not disallow joint sponsorships for K nonimmigrant visa applicants, the mere submission of an I-134 Affidavit of Support from joint sponsors is not sufficient to establish that the alien is not likely to become a public charge. Accordingly, we make a thorough evaluation of other factors, such as the sponsor's motives in submitting the Form I-134, the sponsor's relationship to the applicant or petitioner, the length of time the sponsor and applicant have known each other, etc. An I-134 Affidavit of Support submitted by a casual friend or distant relative who has little or no personal knowledge of the applicant has limited value. Unlike the I-864 filed by joint sponsors in immigrant visa cases, the I-134 is not legally binding and imposes no legal obligation on the joint sponsor to make good on his or her promises. Please be assured that we look at the totality of circumstances in assessing the credibility of joint sponsorships.

For information about financial sponsorship guidelines, you may visit the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) website at http://www.uscis.gov.

Information regarding fiancé(e) and immigrant visa petitions may be found at our website at http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/ty...types_1315.html or http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html.

Please direct future fiancé(e) and immigrant visa inquiries to this web link: http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3230.html.

:thumbs: I was going to say that the I-134 really can NOT be enforced in a court of law, only the I-864 can be. So for example, your father co-sponsors the fiancee and then she goes to the US and becomes a public charge, they cant make your father pay. But they address this in the letter that Tahoma shared.

Frank and Racquel

04-15-2010 - met online

11-23-2011 - married

12-08-2011 - sent I-130 (Chicago Lock-Box)

12-12-2011 - NOA1 (California Service Center)

Thank you everyone. I'm going to be attending the Interview with my fiancee in January 2012. I'm still unemployed, and will be using my Father as a Co-Sponsor. I have savings in bank and bonds. My fiancee is only 18, and I'm 23. What does everyone think? Approved? :D

And, I'll also bring an I-864 along (even though it's not required by Embassy; it may help out my case).

Your best bet would have been Marrying her there and then using the I-864 from your dad. Then I would say Approval. But in a K1 situation I'll go with a 50/50 approval/denial.

Frank and Racquel

04-15-2010 - met online

11-23-2011 - married

12-08-2011 - sent I-130 (Chicago Lock-Box)

12-12-2011 - NOA1 (California Service Center)

Timeline

Hard to Call. Manila will accept a Co-sponsor if a immediate famly member from what I have seen. In this case your father which is good.

1-134 for each of you must proven but get to realize you will submit 2011 Tax Documents. Not 2010.

The Currant Income of the Sponsor and Co-Sponsor with supportive proof.

I have seen Co-sponsors accepted before on this Forum. (Philippines)

You are young and so is she. Stay in School if still attending. They want to see INCOME and not what the posibilities are later.

Life is like a draw at a poker table. If the odds are in your favor you will win more times than loose. If in doubt, walk away and play another day.

Right, I'll be using 2011. I'm going to explain my case the best I can when I'm at the interview. I'm bringing all of my recent graduate documents including diploma for the last four years. Really, all it comes down to is if our CO will accept my C0-Sponsor. Easily qualified then. I hope the CO will be in a good mood. :D

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Hello everyone at VJ! :)

A warm welcome to everyone here at Visa Journey.

We are a little over three months now waiting for our NOA2.

Anyways, does Manila US Embassy accept co-sponsorship for K1?

- My co-sponsor would be my father, and he is well-over the poverty guidelines

- Currently unemployed

- Two-year Associates of Applied Science Degree in Computer Programming

- Worked in 2006-2010, but my annual income does not qualify for the poverty guidelines

- We are both young (18 and 23)

I've heard it's a case-by-case status for co-sponsorship. Is it true? If so, would they accept our situation?

The following documents (listed below) we will provide to the consular:

I-134 Affidavit of Support

Employment Letter (Notarized)

W-2 (07'-10')

Income Tax Return (07'-10)

Bank Statement

Pay Stub

Property

All of your help is happily appreciated.

Keep in touch,

Your friends at Visa Journey! :)

Most of the exceptions I've seen Manila make are for petitioners who are students about to graduate with good prospects. I would consider your situation to be marginal, at best. If possible, get a job, ANY job paying enough to qualify on your own.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

Most of the exceptions I've seen Manila make are for petitioners who are students about to graduate with good prospects. I would consider your situation to be marginal, at best. If possible, get a job, ANY job paying enough to qualify on your own.

My fiancee's interview is in approximately one-month. I'll definitely do my best for just a recent two-week paystub. Regardless, won't the CO have to accept my Father as a Co-Sponsor anyways? Hopefully the CO will give us a break. We have been through a lot, and these last four years I have been going to college. I was a full-time college student, and working at the same. And between the semesters I have always been working too. The reason I'm unemployed right now is because I was with my fiancee for 10 months; voluntarily quit work so I could be with her.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

My fiancee's interview is in approximately one-month. I'll definitely do my best for just a recent two-week paystub. Regardless, won't the CO have to accept my Father as a Co-Sponsor anyways? Hopefully the CO will give us a break. We have been through a lot, and these last four years I have been going to college. I was a full-time college student, and working at the same. And between the semesters I have always been working too. The reason I'm unemployed right now is because I was with my fiancee for 10 months; voluntarily quit work so I could be with her.

My opinion is that the case for accepting a cosponsor in your case is marginal at best. It's just an opinion. I hope you are successful but you won't know until you know.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.