4 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello everyone, so my wife and I went to a civil surgent to see about getting her final shots and getitng the I-693 form completed and they said that a few of the shots on the old list where no longer needed. One being the HPV shot. I was wondering if anyone knew of this "updated list" because I dont want to go through this pay them the money for the new form and then send it away and it actually be requried. Also they absolutly make it a point that you need to pay physical price about 100 dollars. I explained the you dont need one if its in the last 12 months and they said, "its not a real physical just a couple of questions". I take from that its just a way to get more money which is just dandy right? I mean the rest of this process is just so cheap it only makes since to give more money for something not needed. Anyways, please help if you can. Thanks again everyone.

im also about to have my vaccines done to complete my I-693 form. i suggest that you check the USCIS web site for updated list of vaccines. also, when you see the doctor again make sure that you only tell them you need vaccine and not the full medical exam again.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello everyone, so my wife and I went to a civil surgent to see about getting her final shots and getitng the I-693 form completed and they said that a few of the shots on the old list where no longer needed. One being the HPV shot. I was wondering if anyone knew of this "updated list" because I dont want to go through this pay them the money for the new form and then send it away and it actually be requried. Also they absolutly make it a point that you need to pay physical price about 100 dollars. I explained the you dont need one if its in the last 12 months and they said, "its not a real physical just a couple of questions". I take from that its just a way to get more money which is just dandy right? I mean the rest of this process is just so cheap it only makes since to give more money for something not needed. Anyways, please help if you can. Thanks again everyone.

HPV is no longer required. Here are couple links with the listed required vaccines: http://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/exams/ti/civil/vaccination-civil-technical-instructions.html and http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=3384cc5222ff5210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD&vgnextchannel=6abe6d26d17df110VgnVCM1000004718190aRCRD

There are civil surgeons that try and rip you off by insisting you need a whole new medical. You do not. The physical you had was more than "a couple questions", as you well know. The instructions are clear for the I-693. If you had your medical in the last year, you do not need a new one. You need to make sure your vaccinations are up to date, and you can do this by having a civil surgeon transcribe your vaccines (and give you any that are still needed) onto the I-693. Only Part 1, Part 2-vaccinations section only, and Part 5 are required. Call around and find a CS that will not insist on the medical and overcharging you so much.

If your DS-3025 shows your vaccinations are complete, and you are lacking in any of the ones required by USCIS, then you can just send a copy of your DS-3025 instead. Although some people get the I-693 anyway, just to be safe from an RFE.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

HPV hasn't been required for over a year now. Here's the list: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=3384cc5222ff5210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD&vgnextchannel=6abe6d26d17df110VgnVCM1000004718190aRCRD

All shots are age dependent. See here: http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/recs/schedules/downloads/adult/mmwr-adult-schedule.pdf page 2, table 1. Bear in mind that this list is the CDC list which USCIS uses BUT even though HPV and zoster are on that list, USCIS doesn't require them for immigration purposes... if that makes sense. So look at the USCIS list (first link) and look at the second link for those shots on the USCIS list to determine what you need.

A medical isn't needed. Only part 1, part 2 (vaccination table ONLY) and Part 5 need be completed.

I'm not sure what you mean by them saying you need an updated list. Just because your HPV is listed on the DS-3025 doesn't matter. They only need copy the required shots over to the I-693, it's not rocket science but some CS's seem to behave like it is.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.