iampatricias

Waiting for our passports from Montreal

Passport wait times  

299 members have voted

1. 1. How long did you wait for your passport after your Montreal interview?

• 1-3 business days
    • 4-7 business days
    • 8-10 business days
    • 11-14 business days
    • More than 14 business days - they were just very slow.
    • More than 14 business days - my circumstances were exceptional.
  2. 2. If your wait was longer than expected, what do you think caused the delay?

• The US Consulate in Montreal caused the delay.
    • DHL delivery caused the delay.
    • All of the above.
    • None of the above. Something else caused the delay.
    • None of the above. I was satisfied with the delivery time.

2,640 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

thank god my visa is finally ISSUED this morning!!!

I-751 (ROC) Approved

08.18.2018 I-751 extended for 18 months (through October 2019)

04.24.2019 Combo Interview (with N-400) approved

N-400 Approved

01.01.2019 Qualified for N-400 application

01.02.2019 Filed N-400 Online

01.22.2019 Biometrics Appointment

03.18.2019 Interview Scheduled (USCIS text notification & appointment letter online)

04.24.2019 Combo Interview (with ROC) approved

05.16.2019 Oath Ceremony

Timeline

Congratulations!!! So happy for you. :-)

I-751 (ROC) Approved

N-400 Approved

03.18.2019 Interview Scheduled (USCIS text notification & appointment letter online)

05.16.2019 Oath Ceremony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

thank god my visa is finally ISSUED this morning!!!

WAHOO!!

Mine is also issued!!

:joy::dance:

Met in June 13th 2014

K1 VISA PROCESS

I-129F Sent : 2015-03-24
I-129f was approved in 34 days from my NOA1 date)
(Interview took 109 days from my I-129F NOA1 date.)

Visa in hand : 08-10-2015
US Entry : 10-19-2015

Marriage : November 25th 2015

AOS PROCESS
AOS Sent : 2015-12-23
AOS NOA text : 2015-12-30 (text message)
AOS NOA letter : 2016-01-05
Biometrics letter : 2016-01-20

Biometrics walk-in : 2016-01-11 (no problem, around 2pm)

I-485, online case : Ready for interview 2016-02-03

Interview set on USCIS website : 2016-02-12

Interview hardcopy mail : 2016-02-13

INTERVIEW : 2016-03-14

EAD received : 2016-03-17

Green card in hand : 2016-03-24

Timeline

WAHOO!!

Mine is also issued!!

:joy::dance:

See, I told you yours will be issued in less than 2 weeks. Mine was hold off for over a week before they create the case and everything.

Either way, congrats!!!

I-751 (ROC) Approved

N-400 Approved

05.16.2019 Oath Ceremony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey everyone,

Congratulations to those who got their visas issued!

I'm new to this but I keep checking CEAC and it says I'm under Administrative Processing (NIV) with a Case Creation of July 30 and Status Update of Aug 3. I had my interview on the 29th with no issues at Montreal; it was approved. Hopefully this visa gets issued soon but I can't help but feel nervous as to why nothing has happened in 3 days. :/ Is it Montreal just being slow?

Hey everyone,

Congratulations to those who got their visas issued!

I'm new to this but I keep checking CEAC and it says I'm under Administrative Processing (NIV) with a Case Creation of July 30 and Status Update of Aug 3. I had my interview on the 29th with no issues at Montreal; it was approved. Hopefully this visa gets issued soon but I can't help but feel nervous as to why nothing has happened in 3 days. :/ Is it Montreal just being slow?

have you read through the thread lately? Yes at the moment Montreal is slow.

Also you've waited for a very small amount of time compared to others. :)

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey Everyone, congratulations to those who got Issued!!!

Just wanted to update you, I went and picked up my passport in London yesterday, (which by the way, it got there in one day!) and activated my visa yesterday evening!!!! :) :) :)

One thing I forgot to do, was to pay the immigration fee before crossing, and now I am wondering, whether I wait for them to bill me, in 45 days, or if I should pay the fee online. If anyone can share some thoughts on this that would be helpful.

The border crossing took 4 hours (ouch!) Got questioned at the gate (mini interview, a bit intense; but the officer was nice about it) and most of the waiting inside, was because people where coming to watch a game.

Today, I went and applied for a SSN: and the officer told me that, my first name, has both of my names; First and Middle (?!) He added, "this is very common, and I can printed this way, and you can fix it later."

I asked, whether this would be a problem in the future. He said not really but, that it would matter for applying for citizenship. Has anyone heard of this type of issue? I still have to get my license, should I fill in the boxes normally, like first name, and middle name separate? Also, what about future applications, credit cards, bank accounts, etc?

The person at the SSN told me to go to the border and try to fix it with them, and so I did today.

And, oh boy... they did not like that one bit! They sent me on my way, and told me that if I needed to change any names on my papers I had to go to the consulate in Montreal??? I felt lost, and didn't want to keep asking them in different ways, I got a little intimidated; they had large guns.

Anyways, that's my report. Montreal Visa system was emailing me all the way through, from the moment my package was picked up from the embassy, to when I, myself went and picked it up.

It looks like is going to be a good week after all here in the forum! Wish everyone else waiting a rapid result, and really thanks a million to those who helped me; NLR, CristinaG, CanAm!!! (F) (L) :star:

Timeline

Just wanted to update you, I went and picked up my passport in London yesterday, (which by the way, it got there in one day!) and activated my visa yesterday evening!!!! :) :) :)

One thing I forgot to do, was to pay the immigration fee before crossing, and now I am wondering, whether I wait for them to bill me, in 45 days, or if I should pay the fee online. If anyone can share some thoughts on this that would be helpful.

The border crossing took 4 hours (ouch!) Got questioned at the gate (mini interview, a bit intense; but the officer was nice about it) and most of the waiting inside, was because people where coming to watch a game.

Today, I went and applied for a SSN: and the officer told me that, my first name, has both of my names; First and Middle (?!) He added, "this is very common, and I can printed this way, and you can fix it later."

I asked, whether this would be a problem in the future. He said not really but, that it would matter for applying for citizenship. Has anyone heard of this type of issue? I still have to get my license, should I fill in the boxes normally, like first name, and middle name separate? Also, what about future applications, credit cards, bank accounts, etc?

The person at the SSN told me to go to the border and try to fix it with them, and so I did today.

And, oh boy... they did not like that one bit! They sent me on my way, and told me that if I needed to change any names on my papers I had to go to the consulate in Montreal??? I felt lost, and didn't want to keep asking them in different ways, I got a little intimidated; they had large guns.

Anyways, that's my report. Montreal Visa system was emailing me all the way through, from the moment my package was picked up from the embassy, to when I, myself went and picked it up.

It looks like is going to be a good week after all here in the forum! Wish everyone else waiting a rapid result, and really thanks a million to those who helped me; NLR, CristinaG, CanAm!!! (F) (L) :star:

"Duvalin"congratulations on a successful POE... even with the added missteps of MTL. There is a link to pay that $165. I haven't done it yet for my hubby because I read on other posts that the site was'nt functioning at 100% since the technical problems.Once I realized he could pay it after I stopped stressing. I am not sure if they send an invoice. My hubby did POE @ Pearson International Airport yesterday (8/7) and was given a form with the site information etc. We'll do that on Monday or sometime next week.I will post any info I find. Wishing you much happiness and success in the USA. If all your names are in the correct order don't stress but if I find any information that may help you I will post it.Decompress and enjoy your post MTL life :)

Timeline

Hey guys, just a quick update.

According to the CEAC website, my visa was issued last Thursday and I got the Loomis email Friday around 9pm.

I checked this morning and it's at Brampton (I picked London).

Now a quick question, how much cash am I allowed to bring over?

Thanks, and good luck to you all!

I-751 (ROC) Approved

N-400 Approved

05.16.2019 Oath Ceremony

Timeline

Let's hope this week brings some good news!

Good luck!

I-751 (ROC) Approved

N-400 Approved

05.16.2019 Oath Ceremony

Timeline

USCIS Immigrant Fee - You must pay the USCIS Immigrant Fee to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) after you receive your immigrant visa and before you travel to the United States. Only children who enter the United States under the Orphan or Hague adoption programs, Iraqi and Afghan special immigrants, returning residents (SB-1s), and those issued K visas are exempt from this fee. Select USCIS Immigrant Fee on the USCIS website for more information. Important Notice: USCIS will not issue a Permanent Resident Card (Form I-551 or Green Card) until you have paid the fee.

You may also pay the fee after you arrive in the United States. If you arrive in the United States and havent paid the fee yet, USCIS will send you a request for payment with instructions on paying your fee. You will not receive your Green Card until you have paid the USCIS Immigrant Fee.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.