iampatricias

Waiting for our passports from Montreal

Passport wait times  

299 members have voted

1. 1. How long did you wait for your passport after your Montreal interview?

• 1-3 business days
    • 4-7 business days
    • 8-10 business days
    • 11-14 business days
    • More than 14 business days - they were just very slow.
    • More than 14 business days - my circumstances were exceptional.
  2. 2. If your wait was longer than expected, what do you think caused the delay?

• The US Consulate in Montreal caused the delay.
    • DHL delivery caused the delay.
    • All of the above.
    • None of the above. Something else caused the delay.
    • None of the above. I was satisfied with the delivery time.

2,640 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Quick update hubby just called to say he had received email from Loomis with his Waybill #... If all goes as we think it should he will be home by Friday!!! :)

Awesome, congrats! Seems a couple of us will be getting to Florida this coming week lol :)

June 22: CR-1 Interview at Montreal Consulate = Approved

July 6: E-mailed Consulate as status has been 'Ready" since Interview with same date

July 7: Case Status as "Ready" and Date Updated

July 13: E-mailed, no update again

July 13: Case Status as "Ready" and Date Updated

July 24: E-mailed again, no update

July 24: Case Status as "Ready" and Date Updated

July 27: Date Updates by itself still "Ready"

July 28: Get Email from Montreal US Consulate requesting to go back and redo fingerprints

July 28: Drive halfway to Montreal

July 29: Get to Montreal

July 30 (8am): Redo fingerprints, consular officer apologizes for having us comeback for fingerprints, issues us the Visa on the spot

July 30 (3pm): VISA in HAND!

August 3: Florida move!

Timeline

Congratulations "duvalin"!!! So happy for you. OK so maybe just maybe MTL has a fire going that will keep going. Fingers crossed for everyone else especially those in the May/June interview group.

Thanks CanAm! I am just waiting for email from Loomies. Did you get yours already? Just wondering how long it takes..

Timeline

Thanks CanAm! I am just waiting for email from Loomies. Did you get yours already? Just wondering how long it takes..

We got Issued 7/29 (Wednesday)

7/30 Still reads Issued on CEAC but verbiage changed

7/31 We got email from Loomis with waybill # Our account on Loomis site updated with waybill number.

We should have Visa in hand tomorrow. (Today Loomis is closed/Civic Holiday

Timeline

7/31 We got email from Loomis with waybill # Our account on Loomis site updated with waybill number.

Ok, great! So about 2 business days then.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Congratulations on those who got ISSUED!!! I just checked my status and it was last updated August 2 (working on a Sunday?!) and still shown as AP :( anyone who had similar experience? Is it a good sign or? I mean at least someone was looking at my file I guess?

I really hope mine will be issued by this weekend. Truly can't wait to join my fiancé and our puppy in our new place! Currently I have to crash on my friend's coach and I had to move all my stuff into the storage. (Ugh)

Again, congrats and good luck to you all! Xo

I-751 (ROC) Approved

08.18.2018 I-751 extended for 18 months (through October 2019)

04.24.2019 Combo Interview (with N-400) approved

N-400 Approved

01.01.2019 Qualified for N-400 application

01.02.2019 Filed N-400 Online

01.22.2019 Biometrics Appointment

03.18.2019 Interview Scheduled (USCIS text notification & appointment letter online)

04.24.2019 Combo Interview (with ROC) approved

05.16.2019 Oath Ceremony

Timeline

Just heard from Loomis and also tracked online. Hubby on his way to pick up passport & packet.. Leaving for S.Florida on Friday.. Finally!!! :)

Timeline

Congratulations on those who got ISSUED!!! I just checked my status and it was last updated August 2 (working on a Sunday?!) and still shown as AP :( anyone who had similar experience? Is it a good sign or? I mean at least someone was looking at my file I guess?

I really hope mine will be issued by this weekend. Truly can't wait to join my fiancé and our puppy in our new place! Currently I have to crash on my friend's coach and I had to move all my stuff into the storage. (Ugh)

Again, congrats and good luck to you all! Xo

Fingers crossed for you that you will be issued this week. Yes it seems they worked on Sunday because someone else had their status updated on Sunday..

Timeline

Just heard from Loomis and also tracked online. Hubby on his way to pick up passport & packet.. Leaving for S.Florida on Friday.. Finally!!! :)

Cool! Congrats!!!

I wonder if I should call Loomis, although I still have not received the email, I know they just got back from a holiday weekend... but would they know if my passport is on their manifest for the day?

Timeline

Fingers crossed for you that you will be issued this week. Yes it seems they worked on Sunday because someone else had their status updated on Sunday..

Thanks, I really hope so too.

I-751 (ROC) Approved

N-400 Approved

03.18.2019 Interview Scheduled (USCIS text notification & appointment letter online)

05.16.2019 Oath Ceremony

Timeline

Cool! Congrats!!!

I wonder if I should call Loomis, although I still have not received the email, I know they just got back from a holiday weekend... but would they know if my passport is on their manifest for the day?

Check on CEAC first to see if the verbiage has changed to say " Your visa is in final processing. If you have not received it in more than five (5) working days, please go to http://usvisa-info.com/en-CA/selfservice/us_courrier_informationto track your courier waybill.

The link will take you to your Loomis Applicant Summry page.. If it has been picked up you should see the Wwaybill # and be able to track it. For us we got the email from Loomis first and then about and hour or so later were able to track it on line. Hang in there you're almost at the finish line :) j

Timeline

Check on CEAC first to see if the verbiage has changed to say " Your visa is in final processing. If you have not received it in more than five (5) working days, please go to http://usvisa-info.com/en-CA/selfservice/us_courrier_informationto track your courier waybill.

The link will take you to your Loomis Applicant Summry page.. If it has been picked up you should see the Wwaybill # and be able to track it. For us we got the email from Loomis first and then about and hour or so later were able to track it on line. Hang in there you're almost at the finish line :) j

ya, it all switched on the same day for us, from ISSUED... admin process to ISSUED Your visa is in final processing. I was just wondering if they mailed it on the Friday, and it would be at the Loomis location today or something like that...

Timeline

You should receive your email from Loomis today. They probably didn't pick up on Friday and we're closed yesterday but it can't hurt to call. :-)

Timeline

so my case was updated again this morning, yet still being on AP.

I-751 (ROC) Approved

N-400 Approved

05.16.2019 Oath Ceremony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm also waiting for my passport (with visa in it).

Interview was July 22nd.... Estimate time is 3 weeks to a month, as I can understand from what I read. :unsure:

It's kinda odd that they keep people passport for that long... considering it's the only travel document that you own...

Anyway, thank you everyone for your comments, really help going through the wait. I really thought I was done waiting....

This forum is the best to help fight anxiety! :thumbs:

Met in June 13th 2014

K1 VISA PROCESS

I-129F Sent : 2015-03-24
I-129f was approved in 34 days from my NOA1 date)
(Interview took 109 days from my I-129F NOA1 date.)

Visa in hand : 08-10-2015
US Entry : 10-19-2015

Marriage : November 25th 2015

AOS PROCESS
AOS Sent : 2015-12-23
AOS NOA text : 2015-12-30 (text message)
AOS NOA letter : 2016-01-05
Biometrics letter : 2016-01-20

Biometrics walk-in : 2016-01-11 (no problem, around 2pm)

I-485, online case : Ready for interview 2016-02-03

Interview set on USCIS website : 2016-02-12

Interview hardcopy mail : 2016-02-13

INTERVIEW : 2016-03-14

EAD received : 2016-03-17

Green card in hand : 2016-03-24

Timeline

I'm also waiting for my passport (with visa in it).

Interview was July 22nd.... Estimate time is 3 weeks to a month, as I can understand from what I read. :unsure:

It's kinda odd that they keep people passport for that long... considering it's the only travel document that you own...

Anyway, thank you everyone for your comments, really help going through the wait. I really thought I was done waiting....

This forum is the best to help fight anxiety! :thumbs:

Hi F&B if you were approved at your interview on 7/22 it probably won't take that long. What is your current status on CEAC??

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.