iampatricias

Waiting for our passports from Montreal

Passport wait times  

299 members have voted

1. 1. How long did you wait for your passport after your Montreal interview?

• 1-3 business days
    • 4-7 business days
    • 8-10 business days
    • 11-14 business days
    • More than 14 business days - they were just very slow.
    • More than 14 business days - my circumstances were exceptional.
  2. 2. If your wait was longer than expected, what do you think caused the delay?

• The US Consulate in Montreal caused the delay.
    • DHL delivery caused the delay.
    • All of the above.
    • None of the above. Something else caused the delay.
    • None of the above. I was satisfied with the delivery time.

2,640 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Two weeks my CEAC status change to ISSUE then 3 days to get my visa and passport

I have been wondering about this, so in the welcome letter says within two weeks, is that 14 business days, or does that include weekends too?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Any ISSUED update at all this week? I strongly doubt if they all take this week off to make it a super long vacation.

My last update is still from July 24

I-751 (ROC) Approved

08.18.2018 I-751 extended for 18 months (through October 2019)

04.24.2019 Combo Interview (with N-400) approved

N-400 Approved

01.01.2019 Qualified for N-400 application

01.02.2019 Filed N-400 Online

01.22.2019 Biometrics Appointment

03.18.2019 Interview Scheduled (USCIS text notification & appointment letter online)

04.24.2019 Combo Interview (with ROC) approved

05.16.2019 Oath Ceremony

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Any ISSUED update at all this week? I strongly doubt if they all take this week off to make it a super long vacation.

My last update is still from July 24

My visa was issued earlier of this week and I got my passport from Loomis today. It is in my hand now. They were working this week.

Timeline

Update for everyone!

So, off we went to Montreal, with a days notice, drove 14 hours, because flight prices were astronomical and we could not afford it what so ever (talking over $2000 for us to go)...drove in complete darkness through Northern Ontario with the fear of moose and deer jumping out to get us, because that was just our luck.

Thursday morning we went over to the consulate at 730 hoping we could go in early (appointment was scheduled for 910), get the fingerprints done and be back on the road....well I was able to go in at 730, my husband however was not allowed to go into his own consulate because it was too packed...yup....super busy crazy yesterday....so when I get upstairs, I chat with the young girl working and let her know I was just there for the redo of my prints....she goes to the back and I can here her say "The girl is here for finger prints" which leads me to believe I am the ONLY one who needed to go back and get this done because I am "THE GIRL"....I am quickly (for once) ushered into one of the closed off booths and the agent comes over. He was the same agent that we dealt with last time, although I don't know if he remembered me or not. He was very pleasant and sweet, scanned my prints, apologizes up and down for having to make return for this and told me that everything else was done, this was just the last thing needed. So I asked him if my case would be put back into cue with all the other visas that would need to be done or if it would be expedited because of the amount of extra time, extra money and extra stress we had to endure. He started giving me the canned response of "because of the issues we had everyone is having to really patient" blah blah blah and my heart sank....and then the best news "Can you stay in Montreal till 3?" "OF COURSE I CAN" "Then come back at 3 and pick up your package, I'll send it to be printed right now" I WANTED TO BREAK OUT INTO SONG AND DANCE, told the guy I would hug him through the glass panel, and got a good laugh out of him So my hubby and I spent a few extra hours wandering around, having some amazing pizza, and then headed back and they handed me the best present ever!!!! Looking back, maybe the drive to Montreal was all worth it....presented the visa right then and there and we don't have to wait for loomis to deliver (since Monday is a Civic holiday they may or may not be working). Now we are heading back to my home town and will be finalizing things there and will be on the road Monday morning for sunny Florida!!!

I can't wait to start our new lives there and make a home with my man!

Thank you everyone who allowed to and complain, and thank you for all the support you have given us. We will keep you all posted as to how the border crossing goes :D

June 22: CR-1 Interview at Montreal Consulate = Approved

July 6: E-mailed Consulate as status has been 'Ready" since Interview with same date

July 7: Case Status as "Ready" and Date Updated

July 13: E-mailed, no update again

July 13: Case Status as "Ready" and Date Updated

July 24: E-mailed again, no update

July 24: Case Status as "Ready" and Date Updated

July 27: Date Updates by itself still "Ready"

July 28: Get Email from Montreal US Consulate requesting to go back and redo fingerprints

July 28: Drive halfway to Montreal

July 29: Get to Montreal

July 30 (8am): Redo fingerprints, consular officer apologizes for having us comeback for fingerprints, issues us the Visa on the spot

July 30 (3pm): VISA in HAND!

August 3: Florida move!

Timeline

OMG! I can't stop crying! As I was finishing typing the previous post to IN&S, I thought; maybe I should check right now the CEAC, but it is kind of early, hmmm... and I did..... wait for it, wait for it... ISSUED!!!

I can't believe it. On the Friday of the Blue Moon!

Timeline

Update for everyone!

So, off we went to Montreal, with a days notice, drove 14 hours, because flight prices were astronomical and we could not afford it what so ever (talking over $2000 for us to go)...drove in complete darkness through Northern Ontario with the fear of moose and deer jumping out to get us, because that was just our luck.

Thursday morning we went over to the consulate at 730 hoping we could go in early (appointment was scheduled for 910), get the fingerprints done and be back on the road....well I was able to go in at 730, my husband however was not allowed to go into his own consulate because it was too packed...yup....super busy crazy yesterday....so when I get upstairs, I chat with the young girl working and let her know I was just there for the redo of my prints....she goes to the back and I can here her say "The girl is here for finger prints" which leads me to believe I am the ONLY one who needed to go back and get this done because I am "THE GIRL"....I am quickly (for once) ushered into one of the closed off booths and the agent comes over. He was the same agent that we dealt with last time, although I don't know if he remembered me or not. He was very pleasant and sweet, scanned my prints, apologizes up and down for having to make return for this and told me that everything else was done, this was just the last thing needed. So I asked him if my case would be put back into cue with all the other visas that would need to be done or if it would be expedited because of the amount of extra time, extra money and extra stress we had to endure. He started giving me the canned response of "because of the issues we had everyone is having to really patient" blah blah blah and my heart sank....and then the best news "Can you stay in Montreal till 3?" "OF COURSE I CAN" "Then come back at 3 and pick up your package, I'll send it to be printed right now" I WANTED TO BREAK OUT INTO SONG AND DANCE, told the guy I would hug him through the glass panel, and got a good laugh out of him So my hubby and I spent a few extra hours wandering around, having some amazing pizza, and then headed back and they handed me the best present ever!!!! Looking back, maybe the drive to Montreal was all worth it....presented the visa right then and there and we don't have to wait for loomis to deliver (since Monday is a Civic holiday they may or may not be working). Now we are heading back to my home town and will be finalizing things there and will be on the road Monday morning for sunny Florida!!!

Thank you everyone who allowed to ###### and complain, and thank you for all the support you have given us. We will keep you all posted as to how the border crossing goes :D

CONGRATULATIONS "l& ns"!!! So happy for you... and what's more you have your VISA in hand!! I live in S. Florida so welcome to Florida.. (The BEST State. :)

We got ISSUED on Wednesday after over 8 weeks of waiting. Now waiting for Loomis. Praying they send email before the Monday holiday. Hoping to have my hubby home by next weekend!! Safe travels and good luck @ P.O.E.

Timeline

OMG! I can't stop crying! As I was finishing typing the previous post to IN&S, I thought; maybe I should check right now the CEAC, but it is kind of early, hmmm... and I did..... wait for it, wait for it... ISSUED!!!

I can't believe it. On the Friday of the Blue Moon!

Congratulations "duvalin"!!! So happy for you. OK so maybe just maybe MTL has a fire going that will keep going. Fingers crossed for everyone else especially those in the May/June interview group.

Timeline

I contacted NVC today and got the standard response. She told me that I can contact the consulate and I said they would just give me a standard response. She paused for one second and said "anything else". So was completely useless experience. Another useless week.

Unreal!! NVC is hit or miss I think. The person I spoke to on Monday could not have been more compassionate and kind. I had a meltdown like boohoo meltdown because I was so frustrated especially after she told me that even though CEAC had been stuck on READY for 8 weeks my hubby's file was still in AP.... she encouraged me to file a grievance complaint especially when I told her that I was over the 8 weeks and also the 60 days mark.. I wish they had a uniformed consistent approach. Hoping today is a good day for you.

Timeline

Thanks everyone! We just got back from Montreal, what a long trip!

Congrats to everyone else who got theirs this week and hopefully you get yours too CandAm!

Edited by l&ns

June 22: CR-1 Interview at Montreal Consulate = Approved

July 6: E-mailed Consulate as status has been 'Ready" since Interview with same date

July 7: Case Status as "Ready" and Date Updated

July 13: E-mailed, no update again

July 13: Case Status as "Ready" and Date Updated

July 24: E-mailed again, no update

July 24: Case Status as "Ready" and Date Updated

July 27: Date Updates by itself still "Ready"

July 28: Get Email from Montreal US Consulate requesting to go back and redo fingerprints

July 28: Drive halfway to Montreal

July 29: Get to Montreal

July 30 (8am): Redo fingerprints, consular officer apologizes for having us comeback for fingerprints, issues us the Visa on the spot

July 30 (3pm): VISA in HAND!

August 3: Florida move!

Timeline

Thanks everyone! We just got back from Montreal, what a long trip!

Congrats to everyone else who got theirs this week and hopefully you get yours too CandAm!

Quick update hubby just called to say he had received email from Loomis with his Waybill #... If all goes as we think it should he will be home by Friday!!! :)

Update for everyone!

Thank you everyone who allowed to ###### and complain, and thank you for all the support you have given us. We will keep you all posted as to how the border crossing goes :D

Congrats!

I'm very happy to hear that you were at least rewarded well for having to make an extra trip!

Good luck on the big move, you're almost there :)

Spoiler

K1

04/09/15: NOA1

06/10/15: NOA2

09/04/15: Interview - Approved!

09/18/15: Visa received

09/24/15: POE

10/24/15: Wedding!!

AOS

11/12/15: AOS packet sent

11/15/15: AOS packet received

11/16/15: NOA1 for I-131 and I-765

11/18/15: NOA1 for I-485

12/11/15: Biometrics

02/06/16: EAD card in production, AP sent RFE

02/10/16: EAD mailed

02/11/16: EAD combo card received in mail including AP - Service request sent for why case tracker shows RFE

03/16/16: AOS Interview - Approved

03/22/16: Green Card received in mail

ROC

12/18/17: I-751 Filed at VSC
12/22/17: NOA1

02/02/18: Biometrics Appointment

02/04/19: Case approved

02/09/19: Card received

All done, for now. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.