iampatricias

Waiting for our passports from Montreal

Passport wait times  

299 members have voted

1. 1. How long did you wait for your passport after your Montreal interview?

• 1-3 business days
    • 4-7 business days
    • 8-10 business days
    • 11-14 business days
    • More than 14 business days - they were just very slow.
    • More than 14 business days - my circumstances were exceptional.
  2. 2. If your wait was longer than expected, what do you think caused the delay?

• The US Consulate in Montreal caused the delay.
    • DHL delivery caused the delay.
    • All of the above.
    • None of the above. Something else caused the delay.
    • None of the above. I was satisfied with the delivery time.

2,640 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi Spielerin! That's pretty cool! Its a good sign, I think! I emailed them too, I used the form online, did you too?

Yes, I also gave them all the details about my interview (Date, no additional docs required) etc.My case # etc.

I-751 (ROC) Approved

08.18.2018 I-751 extended for 18 months (through October 2019)

04.24.2019 Combo Interview (with N-400) approved

N-400 Approved

01.01.2019 Qualified for N-400 application

01.02.2019 Filed N-400 Online

01.22.2019 Biometrics Appointment

03.18.2019 Interview Scheduled (USCIS text notification & appointment letter online)

04.24.2019 Combo Interview (with ROC) approved

05.16.2019 Oath Ceremony

Timeline

Any good news?

================

On a separate note, does anyone have a general idea of how long normal AP usually takes (pretty straight-forward case)?

Either of us has any crime record, never been married before, and we cross borders to see each other on weekly basis and never have any problems (I stopped crossing after submission of I-129F petition). I know I've technically only been on AP for ONE business day but it feels so long and I seriously can't wait to move in.

I-751 (ROC) Approved

N-400 Approved

03.18.2019 Interview Scheduled (USCIS text notification & appointment letter online)

05.16.2019 Oath Ceremony

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

5 weeks today, been checking all day and nothing. I checked again just now and our date actually updated to today's date, first time that's happened for us without us sending an email. Hopefully that's a good sign!

June 22: CR-1 Interview at Montreal Consulate = Approved

July 6: E-mailed Consulate as status has been 'Ready" since Interview with same date

July 7: Case Status as "Ready" and Date Updated

July 13: E-mailed, no update again

July 13: Case Status as "Ready" and Date Updated

July 24: E-mailed again, no update

July 24: Case Status as "Ready" and Date Updated

July 27: Date Updates by itself still "Ready"

July 28: Get Email from Montreal US Consulate requesting to go back and redo fingerprints

July 28: Drive halfway to Montreal

July 29: Get to Montreal

July 30 (8am): Redo fingerprints, consular officer apologizes for having us comeback for fingerprints, issues us the Visa on the spot

July 30 (3pm): VISA in HAND!

August 3: Florida move!

Timeline

My visa was issued June 3rd still no sign of loomis email has anyone waited that long after ceac status issued

Hello, I think you should of contacted the embassy pass the 5 day mark after ISSUED. If I am not wrong, there is a message on the CEAC status, that clearly says, to contact them if you haven't received your visa within 5 business days after being ISSUED.

I would contact them again if I were you.

Timeline

5 weeks today, been checking all day and nothing. I checked again just now and our date actually updated to today's date, first time that's happened for us without us sending an email. Hopefully that's a good sign!

I think this is a good sign, INS. I bet you are going to be next! ;)

We didn't received a response from the consulate, would anyone suggest we contact them again, maybe this Friday? It doesn't seem like they got the email or something. It usually the update date changes every time you inquire about your file, correct?

Timeline

I think this is a good sign, INS. I bet you are going to be next! ;)

We didn't received a response from the consulate, would anyone suggest we contact them again, maybe this Friday? It doesn't seem like they got the email or something. It usually the update date changes every time you inquire about your file, correct?

Hi Duvalin, it's not necessary true sometimes they reply. If your status update change and you not getting a reply its a good sign they working on your case.

Timeline

Hi Duvalin, it's not necessary true sometimes they reply. If your status update change and you not getting a reply its a good sign they working on your case.

Hi akazmi! But, my update date didn't change after I sent my email this past Friday! Just did once by itself, 3 days after the interview, two weeks ago.

Any news on your side, do you have your visa yet?, You must be excited!!:)

Timeline

Hi akazmi! But, my update date didn't change after I sent my email this past Friday! Just did once by itself, 3 days after the interview, two weeks ago.

Any news on your side, do you have your visa yet?, You must be excited!! :)

I am still waiting for loomis email notification my Visa issued on the July 24 and they say if you don't received in 5 working days let us know. If your date is changed by itself its a good thing my status update change three times and then it says issued. Your visa will issued soon don't worry.

Timeline

So absolutely frustrated.

Received an email this morning from Montreal saying we had to return to the Consulate to do my finger prints.

It has been 5 freaking weeks since the interview, where the approval was given and we have been emailing them for over 3 weeks asking for updates and NOW they drop this on us! Now my husband and I need to either fly to montreal which will cost us over $2000 or drive 15 hours to Montreal to get there for an appointment that they scheduled with a days notice for us. My emotions are so overwhelmed with anger and frustration at this point. I can't count how many times I have had to fight back the tears, because at this point, tears are just wasted energy. They better issue the visa right then and there when we get there on Thursday. I hope no one else is having to go through this. Thanks for letting me vent.

June 22: CR-1 Interview at Montreal Consulate = Approved

July 6: E-mailed Consulate as status has been 'Ready" since Interview with same date

July 7: Case Status as "Ready" and Date Updated

July 13: E-mailed, no update again

July 13: Case Status as "Ready" and Date Updated

July 24: E-mailed again, no update

July 24: Case Status as "Ready" and Date Updated

July 27: Date Updates by itself still "Ready"

July 28: Get Email from Montreal US Consulate requesting to go back and redo fingerprints

July 28: Drive halfway to Montreal

July 29: Get to Montreal

July 30 (8am): Redo fingerprints, consular officer apologizes for having us comeback for fingerprints, issues us the Visa on the spot

July 30 (3pm): VISA in HAND!

August 3: Florida move!

Timeline

So absolutely frustrated.

Received an email this morning from Montreal saying we had to return to the Consulate to do my finger prints.

It has been 5 freaking weeks since the interview, where the approval was given and we have been emailing them for over 3 weeks asking for updates and NOW they drop this on us! Now my husband and I need to either fly to montreal which will cost us over $2000 or drive 15 hours to Montreal to get there for an appointment that they scheduled with a days notice for us. My emotions are so overwhelmed with anger and frustration at this point. I can't count how many times I have had to fight back the tears, because at this point, tears are just wasted energy. They better issue the visa right then and there when we get there on Thursday. I hope no one else is having to go through this. Thanks for letting me vent.

Geez, this is getting ridiculous! Haven't you guys had the finger prints done already on the day of the interview? I am really really sorry to hear that :(

I-751 (ROC) Approved

N-400 Approved

05.16.2019 Oath Ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.