Bibi and Beebti

HELP: Biometrics failed, need a new one but cant make it!

12 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

I'm so disaapointed right now :crying: we recieved a letter from our local USCIS office that the FBI could not process my fingerprint card, and that I will need to go in for a new biometrics appointment on the 3rd of January.

Problem is I'm travelling back home tomorrow for 2 weeks (for the first time since POE) and although they allow you to reschedule, they don't allow you to choose your later date. Only a choice to reschedule.

Has anyone had to go through this before? how much time do they provide before your next appointment usually ? and also im thinking of just dropping by tomorrow,taking both notices (completed biometrics and new one, plus my flight ticket) to see if they will accept me doing it on the spot :(

has anyone been thru such circumstances...please help with some experiences and/or advice :(

K1 timeline
- K1- I-129F filed.....09/December/2009
POE: New York.....23/June/2010- temporary employment stamped into passport
GOT MARRIED =) .....04/August/2010

AOS timeline
- Filed AOS,EAD, and AP all together.....11/September/2010
- EAD received .... 11/November/2010
- AP in hand 14/December/2010
- AOS approved 01/April/2011
- Greencard in hand 09/April/2011

Removing Conditions

- Filed I-751..... 21/January/2013

- Received NOA- Conditional Status extended for one year.....28/January/2013

- NOA failed Biometrics - re-scheduled for a 2nd time in August (GRRRR).....15/July/2013

- 2nd Biometrics.....08/August/2013

- RFE-Fingerprints non-readable TWICE -need to provide police clearances......17/October/2013

- APPROVED- Finally- no interview, or further RFE's. Submitted request through Ombudsman early January. Approval 15/January/2014

Naturalization

- Filed N-400....15/March/2014

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Slovenia
Timeline

try an early walk in if your flight isnt too early

K1 JOURNEY
Sent I 129 F: Mid January 2010, they received it January 20th
Interview: June 21st...K1 VISA APPROVED
POE in MCO: July 22nd 2010

AOS JOURNEY
Sent AOS, EAD, AP: November 8th 2010
Delivered: November 10th
Check cashed, NOA1s received in text and email: November 16th
Touch: November 19th
Biometrics in Orlando: December 16th
Contacted congressman's office with inquiry to expedite AP: January 12th 2011
EAD approved: January 13th
EAD received: not sure, I was overseas, but I know it arrived between January 24th and 28th
AP approved - no update on USCIS; I was notified of approval by Congressman: January 13th
AP received: January 21st
Started job hunting: February 11th
Interview: March 7th @ 2.35 pm - GC APPROVED!
Received GC in mail: March 14th
ROC: December 8th 2012

ROC JOURNEY
Sent I - 751 packet: February 4th 2013
Packet delivered: Feb 6th
Check cashed: Feb 11th
NOA1 (dated 2/7/13) received: Feb 12th
Biometric appointment: March 14th

RFE dated July 15th received

RFE reply sent to USCIS Vermont Service Center: Oct 9th

GC approved, letter dated Oct 30th

h5m17p.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

I hope you just forgot to update your time line because right now it says you haven't received your advance parole document. If you leave before you receive that you will have to start all over.

Timeline

try an early walk in if your flight isnt too early

thats what I'm going to try and do, my flight is an afternoon flight (4pm), but i'm packed and going to try an make it at USCIS for 10am (however i did notice both appintments given were afternoon appointments- so I wonder if they process other things in the morning :wacko:

K1 timeline

AOS timeline

Removing Conditions

- NOA failed Biometrics - re-scheduled for a 2nd time in August (GRRRR).....15/July/2013

- RFE-Fingerprints non-readable TWICE -need to provide police clearances......17/October/2013

- APPROVED- Finally- no interview, or further RFE's. Submitted request through Ombudsman early January. Approval 15/January/2014

Naturalization

Timeline

I hope you just forgot to update your time line because right now it says you haven't received your advance parole document. If you leave before you receive that you will have to start all over.

Yes I did, sorry, just updated. I do have my AP ,and interestingly my EAD- which has my fingerprint on it- although the 'rescheduled biometrics' notice says its for the purpose of processing both my I485 and I765 cases. So how can they not have obtained my fingerprints correctly, yet issued me with a EAD card...its bizarre.

Im wondering if they genuinely made a mistake :unsure:

K1 timeline

AOS timeline

Removing Conditions

Naturalization

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Yes I did, sorry, just updated. I do have my AP ,and interestingly my EAD- which has my fingerprint on it- although the 'rescheduled biometrics' notice says its for the purpose of processing both my I485 and I765 cases. So how can they not have obtained my fingerprints correctly, yet issued me with a EAD card...its bizarre.

Im wondering if they genuinely made a mistake :unsure:

No mistake. They just put an image of the fingerprint they took on the EAD card. The problem you're having is that the FBI's computer apparently can't properly process that image, but that wouldn't prevent them from being able to print it on a card.

Regarding your earlier question, biometrics are usually processed at a local Application Support Center. Many of these centers do biometrics and not much else. It's unlikely they would be doing something else in the morning. Unless they're really swamped with people they should be able to take you as a "walk in", especially after you explain your situation.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

No mistake. They just put an image of the fingerprint they took on the EAD card. The problem you're having is that the FBI's computer apparently can't properly process that image, but that wouldn't prevent them from being able to print it on a card.

Regarding your earlier question, biometrics are usually processed at a local Application Support Center. Many of these centers do biometrics and not much else. It's unlikely they would be doing something else in the morning. Unless they're really swamped with people they should be able to take you as a "walk in", especially after you explain your situation.

:unsure:

I thought a biometric collection failure meant the EAD and AP could not be processed. Is it a new practice for the Service to issue these documents if the prints are not readable?

One reason I am asking is because I'm wondering (since she has the AP) if the notice the OP has received is in error. Of course, probably the most expeditious way to get that answer is to just go in to the local office or support center (as you suggested).

Our journey together on this earth has come to an end.

I will see you one day again, my love.

Timeline

Thank you, this is a relief to know. last time I arrived to the center, the place was empty pretty much, just us and another 2 couples. I hope it will be the same tomorrow am. I will explain my situation and hope for the best. will update.

Yes I do already have my EAD card and two AP documents.

K1 timeline

AOS timeline

Removing Conditions

Naturalization

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

We showed up at our local USCIS office to ask about walk-in Biometrics due to scheduling conflict with our appointment time. They said they don't have walk-in days. They showed us on the form how to request a re-schedule then proceeded to do May's Biometrics anyway.

----------------K1 Journey---------------

02/01/2010 - Sent I-129F sent to CSC Express Mail

02/03/2010 - Date on NOA1

02/09/2010 - NOA1 Hardcopy arrived in mail

03/18/2010 - NOA2 approval mailed by CSC (per USCIS.org)43 Days from NOA1

03/23/2010 - NOA2 Hardcopy Received

06/18/2010 - Interview Passed PINK!!!! PINK!!!! PINK!!!! PINK!!!! PINK!!!!

07/02/2010 - Visa received!

07/03/2010 & 07/05/2010 - PRISM Seminar & CFO Sticker (We are all set

08/08/2010 - May's POE Detroit, MI USA

09/24/2010 - Received SSN Card

10/08/2010 - Wedding

----------------AOS Journey---------------

12/07/2010 - Submitted AOS/EAD Package

12/14/2010 - NOA1 Received

12/27/2010 - Biometrics Completed

01/20/2011 - AOS Transfered to CSC

01/26/2011 - AOS Received by CSC

02/16/2011 - EAD Approved

N/A - AOS Appointment

02/22/2011 - AOS Appproved

02/26/2011 - EAD Card Received

02/27/2011 - Green Card Received

01/19/2013 - Mailed I-751

##/##/2013 - NOA1 Received

##/##/2013 - BIometrics Appointment

##/##/2013 - Interview

##/##/2013 - 10 Year Green Card Issued

FV%20US%20-%20Reg.jpg

Timeline

We showed up at our local USCIS office to ask about walk-in Biometrics due to scheduling conflict with our appointment time. They said they don't have walk-in days. They showed us on the form how to request a re-schedule then proceeded to do May's Biometrics anyway.

this is encouraging, I hope it will work for us too, we're going to be there early today.

K1 timeline

AOS timeline

Removing Conditions

Naturalization

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

:unsure:

I thought a biometric collection failure meant the EAD and AP could not be processed. Is it a new practice for the Service to issue these documents if the prints are not readable?

One reason I am asking is because I'm wondering (since she has the AP) if the notice the OP has received is in error. Of course, probably the most expeditious way to get that answer is to just go in to the local office or support center (as you suggested).

An I-131 only requires biometrics if the application is for a Refugee Travel Document or Reentry Permit. Biometrics aren't required for Advance Parole.

Biometrics are required for an EAD because the photo and fingerprint are actually printed on the card. I'm not aware of any law that requires the FBI background check to be completed before approving an EAD for someone with a pending AOS petition. There's an entire section of the AFM dedicated to fingerprinting and background checks, but it's been redacted in the public version.

In other words, I have no idea whether a failed biometrics collection should cause an EAD approval to be held up, or whether the OP received the notice in error, but I think the prudent thing to do is to assume that the notice is correct, and go to an ASC for another biometrics collection.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

You have a very good chance of just walk-in and take them before your date as long as you bring the letter with you

because I live far away from the asc I have done both show up before and after the date with no problem.

Good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.