40 posts in this topic

VERY GOOD NEWS FOR THOSE WHO ALREADY RECEIVED INTERVIEW DATE AT OVERSEAS USEM.....THEIR VISA NUMBER ALLOTED TO THEIR CASE NUMBER :dance: ....

PEOPLE WHO DID COMPLETED AT NVC & DIDN'T RECEIVE INTERVIEW DATE OR ON PROCESS AT NVC, IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO SAY, WHETHER THEY HAVE COUNTED YOU OR NOT AND SO JUST WAIT AND HOPE FOR THE BEST!!:thumbs:

US CITIZENSHIP

12-20-2012: SENT N-400 APPLICATION

12-21-2012: RECEIVED N-400 APPLICATION

12-27-2012: CHECK CASHED

12-28-2012: NOA RECEIVED

01-08-2013: BIO-METRIC COMPLETED

01-14-2013: INTERVIEW IN LINE FOR SCHEDULED

04-10-2013: INTERVIEW SCHEDULE AT 7:30 AM, TAMPA OFFICE...APPROVED:)))

04-23-2013: OATH CEREMONY AT TAMPA 1 PM...FINALLY USC.....

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Current cut off date F2A - Current 

Brother's Journey (F2A) - PD Dec 30, 2010

Dec 30 2010 - Notice of Action 1 (NOA1)
May 12 2011 - Notice of Action 2 (NOA2)
May 23 2011 - NVC case # Assigned
Nov 17 2011 - COA / I-864 received
Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA
Apr 30 2012 - Pay AOS fee

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee
Oct 25 2012 - Sent AOS/IV Package

Oct 29 2012 - Pkg Delivered
Dec 24 2012 - Case Complete

May 17 2013 - Interview-Approved

July 19 2013 - Enter the USA

"... Answer when you are called..."

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

hmmmmmm :bonk: :bonk: :bonk: :bonk: :bonk:

STUPID RETROGRSSION

FOR MY WIFE WHICH IS MY LIFE :-)

4/15/08--FILED 1-130

4/19/08--RECIPT

1/20/10--NOA1

8/15/10--TOUCHED

8/19/10--NOA2

2 YEAR 4 MONTHS I130 APPROVAL THANK GOD

9/07/10----NVC CASE # ASSIGNED

9/15/10----AOS FEE BILL AND IV FEE BILL RECIVED

9/18/10----AOS FEE BILL AND IV FEE BILL POSTED

9/27/10----AOS AND DS203 PACKAGE MAILED

10/01/10----ALL DOCS RECIVED BY NVC PER AVR

10/19/10----RFE FOR ORIGINAL MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE IN URDU LANGUAGE ""SHOULD HAVE KNOWN"

11/06/10----RFE SENT AVR NOT UPDATED AS OF 11/09 WAITING FOR CASE COMPLETE

11/15/10----AVR SAYS RFE RECIVED... JUST WAITIN FOR CASE COMPLETE

11/17/10----CASE COMPLETE

08/30/11----INTERVIEW AT 8.00AM VISA WAS APPROVED 8/30/11 THANKYOU GOD AND EID MUBARAK

10/15/11----POE

00/00/11----LIVE HAPPILY EVER AFTER[/color]

What do you think about those that could get their interview schedule this week (if NVC will still schedule them/us)? Any idea when NVC/DOS/consulate assign visa #s to the cases?

I-130

12/22/09: I-130 receipt date (Sent by lawyer to CSC)

8/20:10: Approved/NOA2

9/03/10: NVC # generated, gave e-mail adds

9/08/10: Received IV/AOS fee bill

9/09/10: Paid AOS/IV

9/13/10: Mailed completed AOS, enetered into the system on 9/14

9/19/10: Mailed completed DS-230, entered into the system on 9/22

10/13/10: CASE COMPLETE!!!

04/06/11: Case upgraded from F2A to CR-1

05/03/11: Final review completed

05/17/11: Interview date scheduled!

05/20/11: Forwarded case to USEM

06/10/11: Interview - APPROVED!!!

What do you think about those that could get their interview schedule this week (if NVC will still schedule them/us)? Any idea when NVC/DOS/consulate assign visa #s to the cases?

kim,

I spoke to several lawyers since Visa bulletin came out for Jan 11. All of them assure me that if NVC schedule visa interview then nothing to worry about. Still it is impossible to say, NVC still count those who didn't get interview schedule yet. One thing of sure, Consulate doesn't assign any visa number. It has to be allocated by DOS or NVC. but i am not sure what stage they assign the visa number before NVC process or after comleted NVC process. I spoke several operator, they have no IDEA about assigning visa number to the case, they assure that after NVC completion their next step schedule a visa interview.

US CITIZENSHIP

Poster, I'm somewhat unclear as to what you're saying is good news, can you clarify?

Good news for only those who already receved interview date after completed NVC process. Several lawyer confirmed me that shoudn't have any problem as consulate doesn't assigned any visa number for F2A category. So packet-4 has to be issued by either NVC or DOS. exceptional for IR1/CR1 cases who doesn't require for visa number. They can schedule by USEM overseas.

Edited by Miami_Boy

US CITIZENSHIP

Filed: Other Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

Good news for only those who already receved interview date after completed NVC process. Several lawyer confirmed me that shoudn't have any problem as consulate doesn't assigned any visa number for F2A category. So packet-4 has to be issued by either NVC or DOS. exceptional for IR1/CR1 cases who doesn't require for visa number. They can schedule by USEM overseas.

I want to believe what you are saying is true - but look at this - this is from the immigrant info page on the Dhaka US embassy website:

A Note Regarding Visa Availability

The issuance of family sponsored and employment based preference visas is numerically limited by Congress. Interviews for applicants in these categories are scheduled when the applicant’s priority date becomes current and visa numbers are available. However, priority dates may change, and it is possible that at the time of the interview, visa numbers may no longer be available. If visa numbers are no longer available for your visa category, your interview will proceed as scheduled, but your visa not be issued until the priority date again becomes current and new numbers are available. Applicants should check the Visa Bulletin on the Department of State’s website for up to date information on priority dates for all immigrant visa categories.

http://dhaka.usembassy.gov/immigrant_visas.html

I want to believe what you are saying is true - but look at this - this is from the immigrant info page on the Dhaka US embassy website:

A Note Regarding Visa Availability

The issuance of family sponsored and employment based preference visas is numerically limited by Congress. Interviews for applicants in these categories are scheduled when the applicant's priority date becomes current and visa numbers are available. However, priority dates may change, and it is possible that at the time of the interview, visa numbers may no longer be available. If visa numbers are no longer available for your visa category, your interview will proceed as scheduled, but your visa not be issued until the priority date again becomes current and new numbers are available. Applicants should check the Visa Bulletin on the Department of State's website for up to date information on priority dates for all immigrant visa categories.

http://dhaka.usembas...rant_visas.html

I already raised the question before asked to the lawyer. They dont want to believe that interview wouldn't be given untill visa number available. many of vj'ers haven't got interview date even their case completed 2 months ago. Lets hope for the best!

:time:

US CITIZENSHIP

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline

:thumbs:

VERY GOOD NEWS FOR THOSE WHO ALREADY RECEIVED INTERVIEW DATE AT OVERSEAS USEM.....THEIR VISA NUMBER ALLOTED TO THEIR CASE NUMBER :dance: ....

PEOPLE WHO DID COMPLETED AT NVC & DIDN'T RECEIVE INTERVIEW DATE OR ON PROCESS AT NVC, IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO SAY, WHETHER THEY HAVE COUNTED YOU OR NOT AND SO JUST WAIT AND HOPE FOR THE BEST!!:thumbs:

Uakf.jpgUakfm8.png ]

Flag-Pins-Italy-Egypt.jpg11se9owjpg.gif

Deshi Bhais

you are correct , those who have got appointment at Dhaka Consulate and others will certainly get their visa , as they have been allocated a visa number. Visa Number and Case Number are not the same thing.

I live in New York, so i know lot of Bangla guys who are waiting to bring their wife and their PD is January 2009 and beyond , and they have not been scheduled for any interview yet at Dhaka Consulate.

So it's totally uncertain for us, there will be a slow movement, when some of the GC holder get their citizenship and move from this waiting period. Again, those married GC holder guys with children in Bangladesh are not interested to apply for citizenship as they have to file seperate petitions for all of the children ,that will be extra expenses. They say, they have been waiting 5 years , nothing wrong to wait for another year.

so let us wait for the next bulletin , Immigration Lawyers will never tell the truth to their clients as they will be frustrated

Timeline

Deshi Bhais

you are correct , those who have got appointment at Dhaka Consulate and others will certainly get their visa , as they have been allocated a visa number. Visa Number and Case Number are not the same thing.

I live in New York, so i know lot of Bangla guys who are waiting to bring their wife and their PD is January 2009 and beyond , and they have not been scheduled for any interview yet at Dhaka Consulate.

So it's totally uncertain for us, there will be a slow movement, when some of the GC holder get their citizenship and move from this waiting period. Again, those married GC holder guys with children in Bangladesh are not interested to apply for citizenship as they have to file seperate petitions for all of the children ,that will be extra expenses. They say, they have been waiting 5 years , nothing wrong to wait for another year.

so let us wait for the next bulletin , Immigration Lawyers will never tell the truth to their clients as they will be frustrated

I am not sure how you can be so sure that interview date = guaranteed visa. The embassy website says if the PD is not current at the time of the interview, they can't issue visas. see my post above.

Export Bhai

no visa is guaranteed , but at least those, who have already have their schedule will be attending the visa interview and there is a high possibility that they will get the visa.

Timeline

Export Bhai

no visa is guaranteed , but at least those, who have already have their schedule will be attending the visa interview and there is a high possibility that they will get the visa.

Diar - I didn't mean to emphasize on the "guarantee". What I wanted to say was according to the info on Dhaka embassy website, if the PD is not current at the time of the interview, NO VISA until PD becomes current. It says the interview will continue as scheduled, but the applicant will have to wait until the PD becomes current before he/she can be granted a visa.

Man, my little bro will face interview in Jan (already scheduled, medical done). His PD is in Sept 09. I really hope what you are saying is true and that he gets his visa on the day of the interview.

Edited by Export of Dhaka

Diar - I didn't mean to emphasize on the "guarantee". What I wanted to say was according to the info on Dhaka embassy website, if the PD is not current at the time of the interview, NO VISA until PD becomes current. It says the interview will continue as scheduled, but the applicant will have to wait until the PD becomes current before he/she can be granted a visa.

Man, my little bro will face interview in Jan (already scheduled, medical done). His PD is in Sept 09. I really hope what you are saying is true and that he gets his visa on the day of the interview.

dhaka bhai,

This is standard message from USEM BD website, incase DOS ran out visa number so they can hold the approve petition until visa number get available. It is also depends on country base visa availabilty. I hope BD has enough visa number to issue for F2A category. I also research that NVC never assign any visa number. USEM overseas has process assign visa number for each applicant. Every month DOS issue amount of visa number to the Embassy. Embassy will put the application number to the DOS visa slot. It happen when NVC forward your case to consulate office for final review. I am not a lawyer, but got information from special source :D

US CITIZENSHIP

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.