40 posts in this topic

yup ..i was also surprise that thing is happening , all the while i thought having an interview will mean a visas would be issued , unfortunately ###### just happens, and it scares me cause i did finished all the processesing last 12-14, unfortunately was not part of the january interview...i just wait till my case becomes current ...by the way the consul did told her he have to redo her medical exam and resubm,it expired docs...thats painful

mr. blu,

I have been talking to several NVC operator to see if I can get real answer for Visa number has been attached to my case. When i asked, Please can you tell me if Visa number has been assigned to my case yet? then they hold me for couple of munite and reply that SIR YOUR VISA NUMBER IS VAILABLE!! Unfortunately that was not my answer for the question I made. I think they look at computer go for december visa bulletin & answered that visa number available. They cannot provide specific information or they dont have avaialble in their system. I wish i know someone in person who work for SERCO!!!!!

US CITIZENSHIP

12-20-2012: SENT N-400 APPLICATION

12-21-2012: RECEIVED N-400 APPLICATION

12-27-2012: CHECK CASHED

12-28-2012: NOA RECEIVED

01-08-2013: BIO-METRIC COMPLETED

01-14-2013: INTERVIEW IN LINE FOR SCHEDULED

04-10-2013: INTERVIEW SCHEDULE AT 7:30 AM, TAMPA OFFICE...APPROVED:)))

04-23-2013: OATH CEREMONY AT TAMPA 1 PM...FINALLY USC.....

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Albania
Timeline

mr. blu,

I have been talking to several NVC operator to see if I can get real answer for Visa number has been attached to my case. When i asked, Please can you tell me if Visa number has been assigned to my case yet? then they hold me for couple of munite and reply that SIR YOUR VISA NUMBER IS VAILABLE!! Unfortunately that was not my answer for the question I made. I think they look at computer go for december visa bulletin & answered that visa number available. They cannot provide specific information or they dont have avaialble in their system. I wish i know someone in person who work for SERCO!!!!!

ughhh, some of the operators they seemed to be sometimes retarded

F-2A Visa

Priority date feb 16.2010

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Tirana, Albania

Marriage (if applicable):

I-130 Sent : 2010-02-02

I-130 NOA1 : 2010-02-16

I-130 Approved : 2010-09-15

NVC Received : 2010-09-30

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2010-10-01

Pay I-864 Bill 2010-10-01

Receive IV Bill : 2010-10-20

Pay IV Bill : 2010-10-15

Case Completed at NVC :2010-12-9

Failed to sign at NVC web :2010-12-21

Interview 08/02/2012

RFE DNA/ did the DNA test req 8/2/2012

8/3/12 Collection kit was mailed in Tirana embassy (for my brother)

8/13/12 my brother was called at the embbasy. and the kit was mailed out to DNA center in California.

9/7/12 The results mailed out to Tirana Embassy

9/14/12 embassy called my brother to mail his passport to get his visa.

DNA journey lasted 6 weeks

Filed: Country: Haiti
Timeline

mr. blu,

I did asked for mine and the operator told me yes there is one for my husband but she doesn't know if the retrogression will change that

I love my God

I30 sent 01/2010 (can't remember the exact date)

NOA1 January 29,2010

NOA2 February 26,2010 ( yes it was that fast, still Thanking God for that)

Transferred to NVC

March 5,2010, i received my case # and no visa was available

June 4,2010 received AOS bill via email and Paid the same night

June 4,2010 received Visa Application Processing bill Via email and paid the same night

July 15,2010 mailed the AOS form and documents

August 27,2010 mailed DS-230 form and documents

September 30th I thought my case complete but received an RFE later on, still in the process

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

mr. blu,

same boat dude, i called them and asked if Visa number were available or attached to my case , we completed our paper works same day 12-14, well the guy did told me that upon approval NO VISA number yet is available to your case NVC generates visa number and they are assigned to our respective consulates, thus we are line up for visa interview schedule every first 2 weeks of the month, unfortunately i did'nt make it this January...so we are now waiting for february here right....sad to say retrogression takes effect,,,remained approved,visa payments posted , but , he told me have to wait for mos,mos,months ..hope not years , otherwise it would be much painful to us... wait till it becomes current again and NVC will send you letter of appointment for interview....big question...WHEN???? be patient my friend and pray for the BEST

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

same boat dude, i called them and asked if Visa number were available or attached to my case , we completed our paper works same day 12-14, well the guy did told me that upon approval NO VISA number yet is available to your case NVC generates visa number and they are assigned to our respective consulates, thus we are line up for visa interview schedule every first 2 weeks of the month, unfortunately i did'nt make it this January...so we are now waiting for february here right....sad to say retrogression takes effect,,,remained approved,visa payments posted , but , he told me have to wait for mos,mos,months ..hope not years , otherwise it would be much painful to us... wait till it becomes current again and NVC will send you letter of appointment for interview....big question...WHEN???? be patient my friend and pray for the BEST

one more thing ,,,,it is the consulate who gave visa number after interview...NVC just regulates and assign then, plus you have to consider that your case stays active , until you have your visa

one more thing ,,,,it is the consulate who gave visa number after interview...NVC just regulates and assign then, plus you have to consider that your case stays active , until you have your visa

mr. blu,

I realy dont get it. If NVC regulates and assigned the visa number for your case then you good to go. There is nothing do with consulate unless applicant failed at interview. According to DOS website and Visa bulletin, Visa qoata has assigned for each country as per each year. I dont know about portugal US consulate how they calculate visa to their country verses. Also as mine calculation 114,200 visa has been assigned each year for all countries F2 category. on that F2A- 77% for visa number should be available which is 87934 visa plus any unused from F1 category. If you divided 150 countries for F2A= 587 visa per country for each year. So, mine question how the hell they ran out the visa within 3 months??

I am assuiming NVC/DOS has assigned visa number for some cases as per country limit. Thats how they ran out visa number. Please correct me if i am wrong.

US CITIZENSHIP

Deshi bhai

The quota is not like that , I faintly recollect it I think no country can be allocated more than 7% of available in a visa year . You are getting into too depth of the system, but thanks for the research anyway , you can study the family INA Act 219 section b

Deshi bhai

The quota is not like that , I faintly recollect it I think no country can be allocated more than 7% of available in a visa year . You are getting into too depth of the system, but thanks for the research anyway , you can study the family INA Act 219 section b

Deshi bhai,

I got your point, its not on 219 section( We are not trrorist ), Its on INA(201/202). Even it says 2%-7% depend on country demand of visa. Lets say 2%= 1758 wOOw, its more than i thought....

US CITIZENSHIP

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

My priority date is June 2010. I had paid the AOS bill before january visa bulletin was published & thought NVC will not process my case any further after the January visa bulletin out. But I just have received an email notification from NVC for accepting my DS 3032 & invoiced an IV applicant visa fee. So it gives me a hope that NVC is still working on those cases which priority dates will not be current for next several months. Hence I am preparing all my paperworks to submit AOS & DS 230 at NVC & will see how long will it take in current situation to get it completed by NVC. Good luck to everyone.

My priority date is June 2010. I had paid the AOS bill before january visa bulletin was published & thought NVC will not process my case any further after the January visa bulletin out. But I just have received an email notification from NVC for accepting my DS 3032 & invoiced an IV applicant visa fee. So it gives me a hope that NVC is still working on those cases which priority dates will not be current for next several months. Hence I am preparing all my paperworks to submit AOS & DS 230 at NVC & will see how long will it take in current situation to get it completed by NVC. Good luck to everyone.

@tanya,

It is great feelings to pay them all our hard work money for bringing our loved one. Unfortunately, NVC processing is nothing to do with with visa interview or visa approval or even assigned the visa number. I spoke to several lawyers and previous filler with retrogression situation.

In what happened before in BD USEM at same situation, embassy finished everything with interview and just say that come back when your visa is available or they will contact you when visa number is available. I also heard that it is always happened in BD USEM for F4 category...they holding visa issuing for 12-15 months without reason.

My PD is Mar/2008. I am definately be current on february or March 2011, Still Embassy could delay my wife's visa processing since they dont like LPR/F4 category.

People are fortunate with LPR status who'se spouse visa get approved. Even i found at Vj'ers that F2A visa approval is only 15%-25%.

So just pray and hope that Everything will go smooth and making ease for us.

Good luck on you rest of the NVC process, Thanks God, I was outta there.:star:

US CITIZENSHIP

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.