Darnell

NVC Electronic Processing - October 2010

131 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

hey - got pointed questions on NVC Electronic Processing?

Headed to Guangzhou, Montreal, or Cuidad de Juarez?

Review This --> http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Electronic_Processing

and

http://travel.state.gov/visa/visa_4409.html

and if you have any questions -

HEY ! Post HERE !!

Happy to answer , step you through anything you need.

*** note to mods - please keep it here, this is process/procedure questions on NVC EP, not so much on 'progress reports' ***

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: India
Timeline

Thank you darnell :)

Sam

+1 :thumbs:

Loto

CSC - I-130 for Parents (IR5)

10/11/2011 - Sent to Chicago Lockbox

10/13/2011 - Delivered at Chicago Lockbox

10/17/2011 - Email received with Receipt#, Routed to CSC

10/18/2011 - Cleared the checks $420*2

10/21/2011 - Received NOA1

03/30/2012 - Received NOA2

NVC

04/19/2012 - NVC received

05/01/2012 - Case# generated

05/02/2012 - DS-3032 COA emailed

05/02/2012 - I-864 AOS Fee $88 paid

05/05/2012 - I-864 AOS package mailed to NVC

05/07/2012 - I-864 AOS package received by NVC

05/07/2012 - DS-3032 COA accepted

05/08/2012 - DS-230 IV Fee $230*2 paid

05/09/2012 - DS-230 IV package mailed to NVC

05/11/2012 - DS-230 IV package received by NVC

05/17/2012 - Case Completed

Consulate

07/02/2012 - VFS visit in Cochin

07/04/2012 - Medical in Chennai

07/12/2012 - Interview in Mumbai - Success!

09/08/2012 - POE at JFK, NY

Timeline

Thank you darnell :)..Btw...i think am going to Guangzhou in 2 months...maybe earlier to finish some work...

Sam

Sorry, Sam - I really meant 'yer petition is headed to Guangzhou... or Montreal, or CJ.

Yer a Rapscallion !! (and I mean that in a good way)

You should show up at the daily morning line-up outside GUZ IV, just to see the cattle herd line ups... It's not pretty.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
:thumbs: That is great that NVC is doing EP, maybe one day all countries will be able to do this process it beats the snail mail.

My CR-1 Time line

USCIS

05/31/10: Sent I-130

06/04: NOA1 Received

07/27: APPROVED!!!!!!!! via E-mail

08/03: NOA2 RECEIVED!!!!!! APPROVED IN 53 DAYS!!!!!

NVC:

08/17: AOS bill

08/18: AOS payed online

08/24: Sent DS-3032

09/16: IV bill

09/21: IV payed online

10/13: Sent AOS/IV Package

10/14: NVC got AOS/IV Package

10/26: AOS/IV package in System

11/05: Documents reviewed 4 RFE'S was found

11/09: Checklist Recived

01/18: Sent Checklist

01/19: Checklist Recived

01/25: Checklist in System

03/30: Sign in failed

03/31: CASE APPROVED!!!!! 8 Months of Headace

??/??: Interview letter

Embassy

??/??: embasy recived

??/??: medical exam

??/??: interview

??/??: approved

POE:

??/??: Finally my HOOB (Love) is with me forever......................

event.png

• 1 month later...

:thumbs: That is great that NVC is doing EP, maybe one day all countries will be able to do this process it beats the snail mail.

Darnell,

My wife sent out the reqeust email attached with signed DS-3032 to NVCElectronic@state.gov asking for Electronic Processing on 11/02/2010. However, we still didn't receive any confirmation email from NVC yet, although NVCElectronic sent an auto-response right after my wife's email came in.

Do you have any idea about how long NVC will take to confirm our request? Our CR-1 application should be handled by GuangZhou consular, so with E-Processing, do we still need to wait several months for GuangZhou consular to setup interview after NVC processes.

I do appreciate your help!

Timeline

OPT IN will take about 3 weeks, currently

but

don't hold yer breath waiting for 'confirmation email', at all. What yer waiting on, for OPT IN, is that 'acceptance email' - not any 'confirmation email'.

don't despair - as these things run 'in parallel' -

ie -

1 track - OPTING IN and waiting for conversion - is tied to DS-230 / IV fee bill generation

whilst

the other track, AOS fee bill - isn't tied to anything.

HOWEVER -

Pay all the bills ONLINE via the online payment portal , wait for conversion to EP (there will 'the' email about this)

then send stuff in via email.

If you have a moment, please review the first link in post #1 here... from top to bottom, paying attention to the 'speedbumps' section.

Edited by Darnell

Timeline

Our CR-1 application should be handled by GuangZhou consular, so with E-Processing, do we still need to wait several months for GuangZhou consular to setup interview after NVC processes.

Let me dissect this, ah?

Specifically for Guangzhou IV 'stuff' -

NVC handles all for you and yours, including the appointment for the interview.

The DS-230/I-864 intake isn't handled by GUZ IV at all - it's handled by NVC -

and with EP -

all is bundled up, that electronic casefile, into the SAFEFILE system.

Once the final review is finished at NVC, the appointment is set,

then the button is pushed - the electronic casefile is zapped through the ether via SAFEFILE, from NVC to GUZ IV, in a matter of minutes.

do we still need to wait several months for GuangZhou consular to setup interview after NVC processes.

No. Guangzhou Consular doesn't set this interview appointment - NVC does - and usually - it's for 3 to 5 weeks in the future, past the 'appointment setting date'.

There is special 'hidden queue', also, at NVC, for setting this type of appointment - NVC TeleOperators normally don't know about it - so if you hear anything about 'waiting for the 2nd week of the month for scheduling' from NVC TeleOperators - wei - that's wrong also.

Hang in there !!! Pay yer fees, la ! No Fees?!?!? No AOS Fee Bill!!???? Wei - call into NVC again, ask for AOS fee bill to be emailed to you.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

hey - got pointed questions on NVC Electronic Processing?

HEY ! Post HERE !!

Happy to answer , step you through anything you need.

*** note to mods - please keep it here, this is process/procedure questions on NVC EP, not so much on 'progress reports' ***

Hi! Quick question - Is it better to send the i864 and ds230 with all attachments in one email or separately in two emails or does it matter at all? Thanks!

Timeline

i say 2 emails

2 reasons

1. is seperate document sets

2. limit your size of attachments to 10 megabytes

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I found the DS260 last night..how much different is it than the DS230? how do you send the pictures and stuff? scan them in? I haven't looked at it, as my attorney hasn't paid the fee's yet..I'll get on his butt monday to take care of that, as it was just invoiced last night.

Timeline

A DS-260 WITH EP is new to me.

I'll have to do some reading and get back to you.

Prolly write up longish reply on Thursday (work is super busy these days, plus I have a new farm in new city)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.