Liltiggster

Online Status Updates

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

So I was wondering how accurate checking your online status was on the USCIS website, for K1 Petition, I have heard some people say that they got theres without there online status changing, does that happen often? Also for email/text alerts?

Just wondering cause ours should be approved anytime now but havent seen a touch or anything in over two months :( But I will keep my head up I know it will be here soon enough.

K1/K2

05/25/2010: Sent off I129-F to CSC

05/27/2010: I129-F Received by CSC

06/02/2010: NOA1 (8 Days)

06/07/2010: Received Hard Copy NOA1

10/19/2010: NOA2 (139 Days since NOA1)

10/25/2010: Hard Copy NOA2 arrived :D And it arrived at NVC :D

10/26/2010: Case Sent to Montreal Consulate.

11/01/2010: Montreal Consulate Received Case, and P3 Sent to US Petitioner

11/08/2010: US Petitioner received P3(20 days since NOA2)

11/10/2010: Sent P3 back through DHL service :D

11/24/2010: Received P4 (14 days since sending P3 Back)

03/08/2011: Interview! (Canceled due to unforeseen circumstances)

CR1/CR2

04/17/2011: Marriage

__/__/2011: Sent off I-130 Package

I have heard some people say that they got theres without there online status changing, does that happen often?

Yes, it happens very often. We are currently waiting for an interview date from the embassy, but our USCIS status still says Initial Review.

K-1

I-129F NOA1 : June 1, 2010

I-129F NOA2 : June 28, 2010

Interview Date : Sept 28, 2010

Wedding: Apr 16, 2011

AOS

Approved : July 25, 2011

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I didn't bother tracking my I-129F online, but for my AOS, I never received any "touches" between a day after my biometrics and the day of approval.

A "touch" just means that someone checked your file out of the repository, swiping it with a barcode reader, and opened it up to do something with it or look at something in it. I-129 and AOS cases typically sit on a shelf from the day they're received until an adjudicator gets to it, and are typically approved after only one short 45 minute - one hour sitting. So you may very well only ever see the "touch" that represents the one sitting an adjudicator will have with it.

DON'T PANIC

"It says wonderful things about the two countries [Canada and the US] that neither one feels itself being inundated by each other's immigrants."

-Douglas Coupland

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

We already have the visa approved.Online it shows we're still in the RFE stage.Not to be bringing you down,but be ready not to get approved so soon.My friend is still waiting for her NOA2 from 18.03 :(

Good luck to you :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

So I was wondering how accurate checking your online status was on the USCIS website, for K1 Petition,

In the past I checked the online status at the USCIS website, but now I do something a little different. Now, I go next door, ring the door bell and have my neighbor punch me in the stomach, then return home. Exact same result as checking the USCIS website. :(

Our I-129F was approved in September 2009 and we got the visa in April and married in June and online it still says initial review.....

England.gif England!

And in this crazy life, and through these crazy times

It's you, it's you, You make me sing.

You're every line, you're every word, you're everything.

b0cb1a39c4.png

ROC Timeline

Sent: 7/21/12

NOA1: 7/23/12

Touch: 7/24/2012

Biometrics: 8/24/2012

Card Production Ordered: 3/6/2013

*Eligible for Naturalization: October 13, 2013*

Filed: Country: Malaysia
Timeline

Looks like the online updates cannot be relied on! I have already got my Packet 3 from the US embassy in KL, but my online status is still "Initial Review". And my case was not "touched" at all. So, no worries - don't focus on the online updates too much :) All the best!

December 2009 -- Visit to Malaysia.

February 2010 -- Applied for B2 visa, approved.

March 2010 -- Visited US.

April 2010 -- Returned from US.

May 2010 -- Sent in K1 Visa application.

July 2010 -- Received NOA2 in 71 days from NOA1.

July 2010 -- Packet 3 received.

August 2010 -- Cancellation of K1 Visa application.

Click HERE for VisaJourney guides.

image.gif?fsize=50&font=Filxgirl.TTF&text= MalaysianGirl &mirror=no&color=0033FF&vcolor=996699&bgcolor=α=yes&output=gif&spacing=4&shadow=undefined&transparent=no

So I was wondering how accurate checking your online status was on the USCIS website, for K1 Petition, I have heard some people say that they got theres without there online status changing, does that happen often? Also for email/text alerts?

Just wondering cause ours should be approved anytime now but havent seen a touch or anything in over two months :( But I will keep my head up I know it will be here soon enough.

We filed our K-1 on April 9th, 2010 and were entered into the system April 12th. We received a "touch" on April 15th saying "Initial Review". For 15 weeks it stayed the exact same, nothing changed and I thought it would never change. I chose the text alert and email alert options. Last Friday - August 6th just after noon Houston time I received a text alert from USCIS that said check your email and online status. I checked my email and there was a message from USCIS that said our K-1 was approved on Thursday August 5th, 2010 and that a letter was mailed. My 50th birthday was Thursday August 5th - the day of the approval. Best B-day present ever...................

I went online and checked the case status and it was updated 08-06-2010 and said the same thing the email said. So in our case, it did work as advertised.

For some it works, for others it does not. Keep the faith. Good news will come either way. By email or by mail letter.

Again, it took 15 weeks of waiting to go from NOA 1 to NOA 2 for us.

Paul & Theresa

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.