10 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

The EAD is required to obtain SSN, IIRC.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

The EAD is required to obtain SSN, IIRC.

It is, as per my recent conversation with a supervisor at my local SSA.

Timeline Summary:

K-1/K-2 NOA1 - POE: 9 February - 9 July 2010

Married: 17 July 2010

AOS mailed - Interview : 22 November 2010 - 10 March 2011

ROC mailed - approved: 14 February - 18 June 2013

Citizenship mailed - ceremony: 9 February - 7 June 2017

VJ K-2 AOS Guide

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I thought that the fee is the same as for the k-1, but just read it is 600. Is that old news, and does he need the employment authorization, he is 12 years old. thanks

fee is $600 ONLY if the under 14 K-2 files at the same time as a K-1... otherwise it is $930...

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

It is, as per my recent conversation with a supervisor at my local SSA.

completely incorrect... I got my SSN within weeks of arriving in the US, and almost a year before receiving the EAD

there are plenty of threads on here which tells you what you need to successfully apply for a SSN; an EAD is NOT required

061017001as.thumb.jpg

The Very Secret Diary of Legolas Son of Weenus - by Cassandra Claire

Day One: Went to Council of Elrond. Was prettiest person there. Agreed to follow some tiny little man to Mordor to throw ring into volcano. Very important mission - gold ring so tacky.

Day Six: Far too dark in Mines of Moria to brush hair properly. Am very afraid I am developing a tangle.

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Day 35: Boromir dead. Very messy death, most unnecessary. Did get kissed by Aragorn as he expired. Does a guy have to get shot full of arrows around here to get any action? Boromir definitely not prettier than me. Cannot understand it. Am feeling a pout coming on.

Frodo off to Mordor with Sam. Tiny little men caring about each other, rather cute really.

Am quite sure Gimli fancies me. So unfair. He is waist height, so can see advantages there, but chunky braids and big helmet most off-putting. Foresee dark times ahead, very dark times.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

completely incorrect... I got my SSN within weeks of arriving in the US, and almost a year before receiving the EAD

there are plenty of threads on here which tells you what you need to successfully apply for a SSN; an EAD is NOT required

Please, the topic here is referring to a K-2 and eligibility for SSN, which is quite different than your experience as a K-1 and SSN...

YMMV

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

You probably are referring to a K-1 case, AOS from a K-1

and

NOT AOS from a K-2.

Just a thought.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Timeline

fee is $600 ONLY if the under 14 K-2 files at the same time as a K-1... otherwise it is $930...

Hi....Good Day ! ! !

Were assembling AOS

Im k-1 Visa

My son is K-2 ....he is 5yrs.old

My question is how much for me for the payments ?

How much for my son also ?

What means $930.00 ?

I thought mine is $1,010.00 ?

My son $600.00 ?

Do we need to make a separate money order ?

We dont want to make a mistake coz maybe the excess money not return ?

Tnx a lot for the time

Kiddy

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hi....Good Day ! ! !

Were assembling AOS

Im k-1 Visa

My son is K-2 ....he is 5yrs.old

My question is how much for me for the payments ?

How much for my son also ?

What means $930.00 ?

I thought mine is $1,010.00 ?

My son $600.00 ?

Do we need to make a separate money order ?

We dont want to make a mistake coz maybe the excess money not return ?

Tnx a lot for the time

Kiddy

$930 is the AOS fee. There's also an $80 biometrics fee which has to be paid at the same time, so the total is $1010.

The fee for your son is $600 if you send his application at the same time as you send yours. If you don't send his application at the same time then his fee is $930. There is no biometrics fee for a child under 14.

For some people, there is an advantage to sending a separate check for each application. If there is a problem with an application that results in USCIS not being able to accept the application then they'll return the application along with the check. If you send one check for multiple applications then they'll return ALL applications, since they can't partially cash a single check.

HOWEVER...

Since your son's fee is $600 ONLY IF his application is submitted at the same time as yours, if you send a separate check for his application and, for some reason, they have to return his application (maybe you forget to sign a form), then the fee on resubmission is going to be $930 rather than $600 because his application is no longer being submitted concurrently with yours. In your case, I'd recommend one check for the total $1610. If there's a problem, they'll return both applications, but you'll still get the discounted fee when you resubmit.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.