Smoochie1209

I-130 Rejected because incomplete addy....

15 posts in this topic

I just received my I-797C Rejection Notice... very depressing only to see that a small minor detail on Part C of the I-130 for my wife was incomplete. There is no better way to state her current address, it is accurate and correct. It may look odd, her street is Idogan Village. It isn't St, or Way or Ct. it is how it is. She recieves mail with it, i don't understand how it isn't complete. Should i try and find a more sutable address for her or ask the customer service details on why they rejected the I-130?

The other question is, the paper work all have numbers on the side, it looks like they scaned it or had been put into some kind of inventory. Do i have to redo everything or just update the I-130

Oh I also, would they also find new things wrong if i send again? I'm a very upset over this and my wife is having anxiety issues that the visa won't go through. Any advice will suffice. Thank you to all who read and reply

_Nicholas Womack

Edited by Smoochie1209

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

IF the I-130 petition and G-325A are pristine, stellar, no other errors -

and IF you are dead certain the address is stellar, as well -

then write a letter of explanation, send it all back in with the letter on TOP.

Heck - make 2 of them - 1 for the I-130, 1 for the G-325A

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline

yeah maybe just resubmit it with a letter

USCIS JOURNEY

12-08-09 - I-130 Delivered to Chicago Lockbox

12-11-09 - Notice of Action (NOA1)

02-25-10 - Notice of Action 2 (NOA2) ~CA service center~

03-23-10 - PCC Applied - GET 04/01

Your I-130 was approved in 76 days from your NOA1 date

NVC JOURNEY

03-03-10 - NVC Case Number Assigned

03-05-10 - Email give

03-09-10 - AOS bill; Agent Email Get

03-10-10 - Paid AOS Bill; Email/Mail DS-3032

03-12-10 - AOS Bill Status: PAID

03-15-10 - IV Bill Email Get; Pay IV Bill

03-16-10 - IV Bill Status: PAID; AOS @ NVC

04-07-10 - IV Pack @ NVC

04-12-10 - IV Pack Enters AVR

04-20-10 - Log-in Fail

04-21-10 - Case Complete

04-30-10 - Interview Date Assigned

05-07-10 - NVC Forwards Case to Embassy, Tokyo

Your case was complete in 50 days at NVC

EMBASSY JOURNEY

04-16-10 - Medical Exam ($400) - PASSED

05-10-10 - Embassy Receives Case from NVC

06-28-10 - INTERVIEW - Moved

06-21-10 - INTERVIEW - APPROVED!

06-22-10 - Visa Received

Your interview took 192 days from your I-130 NOA1 date

USA JOURNEY

07-05-10 - US Entry

07-26-10 - Request SSC @ SS office

07-28-10 - Welcome Letter (2nd on 8/9)

08-02-10 - SSC GET

08-12-10 - Green Card GET -38 days

04-05-2012 - File I-751: APPROVED 10/17

nihonamerica.jpg

• 6 months later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

i just received my I-979 today with the same rejection reason. very bummed out at the moment.

i just emailed lockboxsupport for clarification but i am not sure what to do until i hear back from them.

i did not indicate a "...last address" that we lived together because we haven't "lived" together except for when i was visiting her. could this have been the hold up? i put N/A.

also, when resubmitting the I-130, do i just submit the application packet the way it is with an updated I-130?

thank you.

Chue

Edited by chuey

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

I just received my I-797C Rejection Notice... very depressing only to see that a small minor detail on Part C of the I-130 for my wife was incomplete. There is no better way to state her current address, it is accurate and correct. It may look odd, her street is Idogan Village. It isn't St, or Way or Ct. it is how it is. She recieves mail with it, i don't understand how it isn't complete. Should i try and find a more sutable address for her or ask the customer service details on why they rejected the I-130?

The other question is, the paper work all have numbers on the side, it looks like they scaned it or had been put into some kind of inventory. Do i have to redo everything or just update the I-130

Oh I also, would they also find new things wrong if i send again? I'm a very upset over this and my wife is having anxiety issues that the visa won't go through. Any advice will suffice. Thank you to all who read and reply

_Nicholas Womack

It depends on exactly how you put that address on the form. If you left the street address space blank and only put "Idogan Village" in the city space, they drew a logical conclusion that the address was incomplete. I would suggest the letter but in these situations I would put "Idogan Village" in both the street and city spaces OR in the top area refer to the space on page two for the complete address. You have to treat them like they don't know anything. Don't make them think.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mongolia
Timeline

i did not indicate a "...last address" that we lived together because we haven't "lived" together except for when i was visiting her. could this have been the hold up? i put N/A.

If you are husband/wife, you must have lived together even if only at a hotel or her parents house or her home. So yes, whatever address you stayed at together should be indicated. I would make sure that you are attentive to her residential history when listing the addy at which you lived together. If the addy listed is inconsistent with her residential history, it could pop up later for clarification.

th_Untitled-3.jpg?t=1294114030

03/2008--Met while working together in Mongolia
06/21/10--Married in Ulaanbaatar on the Summer solstice
USCIS
09/06/10--I-130 package mailed to USCIS Chicago Lockbox
12/14/10--NOA2 hardcopy rec'd, Dec 09 notice date<APPROVED>86 Days
NVC
12/22/10-NVC / IIN Number issued, AOS bill paid
12/26/10-DS-3032 emailed
January4............IV bill paid, discovered error by preparer
USCIS ROUND 2
01/04/11-- I-130 package for stepson sent express with expedite plea
01/11/11---Congressional expedite plea lodged with USCIS
01/20/11--- Notice date, APPROVED 14 days
NVC ROUND 2
01/26/11--- NVC/IIN Numbers issued, DS-3032 Emailed
02/07/11--- AOS/IV packages fedexed to NVC
02/24/11--- Both Cases Completed at NVC
CONSULAR
04/27/11--- Interview passed
05/29/11--- POE ORD
08/2011--- I-551s arrive

heart.gif NEW YEAR'S EVE 2011, WE WELCOME OUR BABY GIRL TO THE FAMILYheart.gif

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

04/18/13--- I-751 mailed

09/25/13---ROC approval

Timeline

good.gif

You have to treat them like they don't know anything. Don't make them think.

USCIS
NVC
12/26/10-DS-3032 emailed
USCIS ROUND 2
NVC ROUND 2
CONSULAR
05/29/11--- POE ORD
08/2011--- I-551s arrive

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

04/18/13--- I-751 mailed

09/25/13---ROC approval

Timeline

If you are husband/wife, you must have lived together even if only at a hotel or her parents house or her home. So yes, whatever address you stayed at together should be indicated. I would make sure that you are attentive to her residential history when listing the addy at which you lived together. If the addy listed is inconsistent with her residential history, it could pop up later for clarification.

Absolutely not correct. When USCIS asks about "living together" they mean "residing". If you are only a visitor in a country, you don't live there, "so even if visiting your spouse's home, you are not "living together". In this situation, an appropriate answer is, "We have visited but have not yet resided in the same country." or something to that effect. If you say you lived together, they might ask you for evidence such as joint lease or rental agreement, business mail etc.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

Absolutely not correct. When USCIS asks about "living together" they mean "residing". If you are only a visitor in a country, you don't live there, "so even if visiting your spouse's home, you are not "living together". In this situation, an appropriate answer is, "We have visited but have not yet resided in the same country." or something to that effect. If you say you lived together, they might ask you for evidence such as joint lease or rental agreement, business mail etc.

In my experience, that is absolutely correct. On my wife's I-130, I listed the last address at which we lived together as her overseas residential address. Furthermore, the petitioner must list the date range at that address which in my case was only 10 weeks. No additional documentation was requested.

Possibly you are right, but the overwhelming evidence we submitted including a joint lease for an apartment we rented during an earlier stay made any question over the last address moot.

if you are speaking from a position of authoritative certainty then I defer to your suggestion as my recommendation was based on personal experience.

USCIS
NVC
12/26/10-DS-3032 emailed
USCIS ROUND 2
NVC ROUND 2
CONSULAR
05/29/11--- POE ORD
08/2011--- I-551s arrive

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

04/18/13--- I-751 mailed

09/25/13---ROC approval

Timeline

In my experience, that is absolutely correct. On my wife's I-130, I listed the last address at which we lived together as her overseas residential address. Furthermore, the petitioner must list the date range at that address which in my case was only 10 weeks. No additional documentation was requested.

Possibly you are right, but the overwhelming evidence we submitted including a joint lease for an apartment we rented during an earlier stay made any question over the last address moot.

if you are speaking from a position of authoritative certainty then I defer to your suggestion as my recommendation was based on personal experience.

The correct conclusion to draw from the actual data you've presented is that to do what you did is NOT problem at all. Even if it were a hotel for a week, there is no consequence for this error. Nevertheless, it is an error. Had you written what I suggested, you would have had the same result. They get that people misunderstand this question frequently and don't make an issue of it.

The issue is one of potential verification. If you "resided" somewhere, it can usually be verified. If you were only visiting, it usually cannot. When they suspect fraud, they verify. When they can't verify, the suspicion continues.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

After looking over Part C again, i did realize that i had incorrectly filled out C.17. it was clarified with a response pushbrk posted on another thread.

For Part C., with the advice given here and after comparing it to the sample I-130 on visajourney, nothing seems out of place with my original answers.

C.2. My relative's address is filled in, in English

C.17. I now have myself listed as the Alien Relative's Husband

C.18. My address is filled in

C.19. My relative's address abroad is filled in, in English

C.20. My relative's address abroad is filled in, in the native alphabet (Kanji)

C.21. I have N/A because we did not have a last date in which we lived together. <--im going to leave it as is

i will be sending the application back with the updated I-130.

question though.

Do i keep the NOA or make a copy for myself and send the original back with the application packet

Appreciated,

Chue

• 3 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.