KristiAnn

February 2010 Filers!

134 posts in this topic

I see above that some of you guys approved in 55 days and some took 90. Comon USCIS what is your criteria that you go by.

Ok so I don't claim to understand USCIS or NVC....but it is really easy to understand why each case is different.

Some people do not give much evidence...others will give tons!

some will type everything out (very easy to read) some people will hand write (may not be very legible & hard to read).

some will have everything well organized...some throw it in a box.

some will forget to send something....others will send EVERYTHING (including kitchen sink).

some will not send funds quickly...others will send before it is asked for....others will take months because they are short of funds.

Some overnight paperwork...others send via snail mail...some send everything they can thru email.

some can do total electronic filing...others will send paperwork from the country of origin.

some have everything pre-prepared others wait until they receive notice from USCIS or NVC.

some have very good evidence...others have no evidence.

Very easy to see why no two cases can be treated the same.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline

i sort of wish there was a way to speed up petitions from places that have less applicants or something. (doesn't the usa want to promote more minority immigration????)

or just a great separation for complex cases that take forever or easy ones that will go quick. or SOMETHING to speed things up!

USCIS JOURNEY

12-08-09 - I-130 Delivered to Chicago Lockbox

12-11-09 - Notice of Action (NOA1)

02-25-10 - Notice of Action 2 (NOA2) ~CA service center~

03-23-10 - PCC Applied - GET 04/01

Your I-130 was approved in 76 days from your NOA1 date

NVC JOURNEY

03-03-10 - NVC Case Number Assigned

03-05-10 - Email give

03-09-10 - AOS bill; Agent Email Get

03-10-10 - Paid AOS Bill; Email/Mail DS-3032

03-12-10 - AOS Bill Status: PAID

03-15-10 - IV Bill Email Get; Pay IV Bill

03-16-10 - IV Bill Status: PAID; AOS @ NVC

04-07-10 - IV Pack @ NVC

04-12-10 - IV Pack Enters AVR

04-20-10 - Log-in Fail

04-21-10 - Case Complete

04-30-10 - Interview Date Assigned

05-07-10 - NVC Forwards Case to Embassy, Tokyo

Your case was complete in 50 days at NVC

EMBASSY JOURNEY

04-16-10 - Medical Exam ($400) - PASSED

05-10-10 - Embassy Receives Case from NVC

06-28-10 - INTERVIEW - Moved

06-21-10 - INTERVIEW - APPROVED!

06-22-10 - Visa Received

Your interview took 192 days from your I-130 NOA1 date

USA JOURNEY

07-05-10 - US Entry

07-26-10 - Request SSC @ SS office

07-28-10 - Welcome Letter (2nd on 8/9)

08-02-10 - SSC GET

08-12-10 - Green Card GET -38 days

04-05-2012 - File I-751: APPROVED 10/17

nihonamerica.jpg

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline

maybe feb people moved onto the NVC area by now?

USCIS JOURNEY

12-08-09 - I-130 Delivered to Chicago Lockbox

12-11-09 - Notice of Action (NOA1)

02-25-10 - Notice of Action 2 (NOA2) ~CA service center~

03-23-10 - PCC Applied - GET 04/01

Your I-130 was approved in 76 days from your NOA1 date

NVC JOURNEY

03-03-10 - NVC Case Number Assigned

03-05-10 - Email give

03-09-10 - AOS bill; Agent Email Get

03-10-10 - Paid AOS Bill; Email/Mail DS-3032

03-12-10 - AOS Bill Status: PAID

03-15-10 - IV Bill Email Get; Pay IV Bill

03-16-10 - IV Bill Status: PAID; AOS @ NVC

04-07-10 - IV Pack @ NVC

04-12-10 - IV Pack Enters AVR

04-20-10 - Log-in Fail

04-21-10 - Case Complete

04-30-10 - Interview Date Assigned

05-07-10 - NVC Forwards Case to Embassy, Tokyo

Your case was complete in 50 days at NVC

EMBASSY JOURNEY

04-16-10 - Medical Exam ($400) - PASSED

05-10-10 - Embassy Receives Case from NVC

06-28-10 - INTERVIEW - Moved

06-21-10 - INTERVIEW - APPROVED!

06-22-10 - Visa Received

Your interview took 192 days from your I-130 NOA1 date

USA JOURNEY

07-05-10 - US Entry

07-26-10 - Request SSC @ SS office

07-28-10 - Welcome Letter (2nd on 8/9)

08-02-10 - SSC GET

08-12-10 - Green Card GET -38 days

04-05-2012 - File I-751: APPROVED 10/17

nihonamerica.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nicaragua
Timeline

I saw that you sent your photos! When did you get the checklist? Was it 2 days later?

Yep, it was actually 2 days after the AVR stated the documents were missing. Thank you for asking! :star:

I sent them yesterday, it takes 2 business days to get there when you send them from Nicaragua. So they will arrive until tomorrow, from there let's see how it goes. Praying for the best!

Filed: Country: Romania
Timeline

Yep, it was actually 2 days after the AVR stated the documents were missing. Thank you for asking! :star:

I sent them yesterday, it takes 2 business days to get there when you send them from Nicaragua. So they will arrive until tomorrow, from there let's see how it goes. Praying for the best!

Yes, I hope that the processing will be fast!!

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey there! Just posting a hello, as I also filed for my hubby in Feb for the CR1. Hope you're having a great day, and that the process is going well for you.

I-130 Received Date per letter Feb 22, 2010

I-130 NOA1 Notice Date per letter Feb 28, 2010

I-130 Touched March 2, 2010

I-130 Touched March 23, 2010 no e-mail despite e-mail alert on, thankful nonetheless!

Kids Register of Birth Abroad & passport appointment March 31st, 2010 approved.

I-129F NOA1 April 8, 2010 (Let's see what happens with this K3 application) ugh!

I-129F Touched June 15, 2010

I-129F RFE (our atty forgot to complete 2 lines)

I-130 Approved June 23, 2010 121 days from NOA1

I-129F RFE details Received by USCIS July 7, 2010

I-130 Case # at NVC obtained July 8, 2010

I-130 NVC sent affidavit of support and visa bills July 8, 2010

I-129F approved by USCIS and sent to NVC

I-129F confirmed received by NVC and per supervisor, it will be administratively closed

I-129F letter recvd of administratively closed K3 app Aug 2, 2010

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

I Would like to share couple of things for people applying for an Indian Spouse.

- Get your Documents Before NVC request.

- Request Police Report First, and then Police Passport Clearance Certificate (Do not do by Agent, it takes 15 days, do it your self, and you'll get it done in 2 days).

- Do not date apps, and have your spouse sign and send it to you notarized and all that stuff.

- When sending in DS-230, make sure you send all docs in.

My PCC and PR is stuck in Custom for 1 week and will be getting it shortly, which is causing delay in my process.

Hopefully, the case breezes through after i send in DS-230 Package.

USCIS N-400 JOURNEY

2014-01-02 - Mailed N-400 Overnight Express to Dallas, TX

2014-01-03 - N-400 Delivered to Chicago Lockbox

2014-01-08 - Notice of Action (NOA1), Received & Priority Date Se

2014-01-13 - Check Cashed2014-05-16 - Biometrics (Completed)

2014-07-01 - Interview Date Set (Completed)

2014-07-14 Oath Ceremony Date Received (Completed)

2014-07-28 - Oath Ceremony (Completed)

2014-07-28 - Naturalized YAY! (Completed)

Hey all,

I just found this thread. My husband and I also filed our I-130 at the beginning of February. We got our NOAI2 around the 20th April and I (the UK citizen) got a letter from the NVC dated 28th April requesting the DS3032 which I sent back the same day. It said in the letter to wait 4-6 weeks from them receiving my response for our next instructions. I sent it by mail which is how they asked me to, but I am seeing on here that people are replying by email and tracking on a website? How are you doing that-my letter has an email address and tel number but no website and requested postal reply not email! Also I am concerned as my Husband in the States has not received the AOS and it looks like most people have received that at around the same time as the DS3032? As it took 2 weeks for my DS3032 (snail mail) to reach the NVC it will be 6 weeks on Thursday and still no further contact from them. I was going to email/speak to them to query this on Thursday if we have still not heard. Am really disheartened now though to see that others have got the Affadavit at the same time and worry this means my application is going much slower than others? Anyone else applying for a UK spouse? Can anyone tell me how you are tracking your case online? Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks in advance

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

Marriage (if applicable): 2009-07-03

I-130 Sent : 2010-02-02

I-130 Approved : 2010-04-20

NVC Received : 2010-04-28

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2010-05-15

Pay I-864 Bill

Receive I-864 Package :

Return Completed I-864 :

Return Completed DS-3032 : 2010-05-15

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nicaragua
Timeline

Hey all,

I just found this thread. My husband and I also filed our I-130 at the beginning of February. We got our NOAI2 around the 20th April and I (the UK citizen) got a letter from the NVC dated 28th April requesting the DS3032 which I sent back the same day. It said in the letter to wait 4-6 weeks from them receiving my response for our next instructions. I sent it by mail which is how they asked me to, but I am seeing on here that people are replying by email and tracking on a website? How are you doing that-my letter has an email address and tel number but no website and requested postal reply not email! Also I am concerned as my Husband in the States has not received the AOS and it looks like most people have received that at around the same time as the DS3032? As it took 2 weeks for my DS3032 (snail mail) to reach the NVC it will be 6 weeks on Thursday and still no further contact from them. I was going to email/speak to them to query this on Thursday if we have still not heard. Am really disheartened now though to see that others have got the Affadavit at the same time and worry this means my application is going much slower than others? Anyone else applying for a UK spouse? Can anyone tell me how you are tracking your case online? Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks in advance

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

Marriage (if applicable): 2009-07-03

I-130 Sent : 2010-02-02

I-130 Approved : 2010-04-20

NVC Received : 2010-04-28

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2010-05-15

Pay I-864 Bill

Receive I-864 Package :

Return Completed I-864 :

Return Completed DS-3032 : 2010-05-15

Hi lccarri! So you mailed your DS-3032 back in May and have no response? We never filed one because we're using an attorney and we filed a G-28 instead but that's a different story.

In your case, what other people have done is submitting the DS-3032 via e-mail, cuts back the waiting time and things move a bit faster. Here's a little how-to on that matter:

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/Email_DS-3032_form

For the AOS and IV you can pay them online, you go to this website:

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3906.html

Click Online Fee Payment, then you log in using your NVC Case # and Receipt #, log in and see if they're available to pay, I believe they become available after the choice of agent has been received.

If not, I suggest you contact NVC at 603-334-0700 and ask if your DS-3032 was ever received if not just email them following the template given above.

I hope it helps!

Hi lccarri! So you mailed your DS-3032 back in May and have no response? We never filed one because we're using an attorney and we filed a G-28 instead but that's a different story.

In your case, what other people have done is submitting the DS-3032 via e-mail, cuts back the waiting time and things move a bit faster. Here's a little how-to on that matter:

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/Email_DS-3032_form

For the AOS and IV you can pay them online, you go to this website:

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3906.html

Click Online Fee Payment, then you log in using your NVC Case # and Receipt #, log in and see if they're available to pay, I believe they become available after the choice of agent has been received.

If not, I suggest you contact NVC at 603-334-0700 and ask if your DS-3032 was ever received if not just email them following the template given above.

I hope it helps!

Thanks for that! I rang the NVC in the end and they say that they sent the I-864 via mail and email to my husband-but he has not received them for some reason, so they said they would send it again. They generated that and the IV bill letter on June 7th. So hopefully my husband should receive that all soon and we can get things moving! I also gave them my email address so they can send me things via email from now on. The whole process is just so frustrating!

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Timeline

HI,

I am US citizen and I sent I-130 for my wife on february 14 2010. when i login to USCIS case status with my case #

it says:

Initial Review

On February 22, 2010, we received this I130 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on this notice. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or contact our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

I am getting a bit worried since 5 months has passed by and there was no change made to my status nor was any other requests made or mailed to me.

I recently made a address change and it was changed promptly. I called them but told to wait.

Should I be worried? I checked the status of similar date filers and all of them seem to be approved at this time. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thank You, Damian

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.