MLD

I-693-Civil Surgeon Issue

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

Hi,

Has anyone else had this issue? My Civil Surgeon (Phoenix) won't sign a partially filled I-693 Form. We need this for my wife who is here after receiving her K-1 Visa. I related that the instructions on the form state we only need to complete Part 1 (Name-Personal Info) and the Vaccination Section of Part 2.

I thought we had everything required after getting her medical overseas prior to the interview last month; however, the only paper we had (that wasn't handed over to the Immigration in the packet) was the signed immunization forms. On the paperwork, it did say my wife needed one more shot to fulfill the tetanus requirement.

The doctor is requiring full bloodwork and a physical. He has already charged us $285 for a one-time visit, the tetanus shot, a flu shot and a TB test. He is also requiring her to get a Chicken Pox and MMR shot. Both these shots will cost us another $200. Once she receives those two shots at Passport Health, she needs to have a physical with the doctor before he signs anything. This doctor will also not accept Health Insurance--I now have her on my Aetna insurance.

Any advice? I'm on the verge of scheduling another appt with another Civil Surgeon but it's tough to waste the $285 we have already spent with this one.

Thanks.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

Hi, I am in Phx too. The surgeon we used is located here: 448 E Southern Ave, Phoenix, AZ 85040

We had them do the i693 completely tho.

Hi,

Has anyone else had this issue? My Civil Surgeon (Phoenix) won't sign a partially filled I-693 Form. We need this for my wife who is here after receiving her K-1 Visa. I related that the instructions on the form state we only need to complete Part 1 (Name-Personal Info) and the Vaccination Section of Part 2.

I thought we had everything required after getting her medical overseas prior to the interview last month; however, the only paper we had (that wasn't handed over to the Immigration in the packet) was the signed immunization forms. On the paperwork, it did say my wife needed one more shot to fulfill the tetanus requirement.

The doctor is requiring full bloodwork and a physical. He has already charged us $285 for a one-time visit, the tetanus shot, a flu shot and a TB test. He is also requiring her to get a Chicken Pox and MMR shot. Both these shots will cost us another $200. Once she receives those two shots at Passport Health, she needs to have a physical with the doctor before he signs anything. This doctor will also not accept Health Insurance--I now have her on my Aetna insurance.

Any advice? I'm on the verge of scheduling another appt with another Civil Surgeon but it's tough to waste the $285 we have already spent with this one.

Thanks.

Edited by Amy&Xin

Love is powerful!

Xin&Amy

11/28/2008 --- married in vegas

1/20/2009 --- filed i130/485/131/765

1/21/2009 --- delivered

1/28/2009 --- check cashed

1/31/2009 --- received receipts of i130/485/131/765

2/6/2009 --- RFE received, requesting more tax forms.

2/10/2009 --- did the bio

2/18/2009 --- RFE replied

3/20/2009 --- received email approval from CRIS for my AP. received interview notice and it is scheduled on April 22nd.

3/25/2009 --- received email from CRIS for "EAD card production ordered"

3/27/2009 --- received AP in mail. Why is Robert M. Coman's name on top of my photo?

3/30/2009 --- received EAD in mail.

4/22/2009 --- interview date. We were approved!

4/25/2009 --- welcome letters received

5/4/2009 --- received the greed card in mail, good till 4/22/2011.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hi,

Thanks.

Hello,

Locate another Civil Surgeon in your area, you can go to this link https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=of...office_type=CIV where you can enter your zipcode and find a Civil Surgeon. I'm sure you will be able to find several Civil Surgeons however I suggest to try to call each and everyone and inquire how much will it cost for transcribing the I-693 if your wife already completed the vaccinations supplement.

First we tried to call Civil Surgeons in our area and we were advised to complete my vaccination with our family doctor (expenses was covered my insurance). Some doctors charged $200 just for the transcription, so we tried to search for someone who can offer a cheaper fee. When we found one, we brought the vaccination record to the Civil Surgeon to complete the I-693. We only paid $10 for it.

Have a good day.

Regards,

Shine

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

We went thru the same problem...all surgeons wanted to do the whole form, plus physical, tb, blood work; and most wanted at least 200 plus dollars.

We went with Dr. Arnold in Austin. You call the number, leave a message, and they get back to you with what they need from you; you mail it to them, they mail you back the 693 all for 30 dollars.

Dr. L. E. Arnold

4534 Westgate Boulevard, Suite 114

Austin, TX 78745

Tel: (512) 444-3131

Fax: (512) 447-4699

Edited by ikarus

AOS

2009-01-12===> Sent AOS packet via UPS
2009-01-13===> AOS packet received
2009-01-28===> NOA's received in the mail
2009-02-01===> Biometric appt received in the mail
2009-02-06===> Completed biometric appt thru walk-in
2009-02-06===> Applied for expedited AP thru the phone
2009-02-14===> Received AP in the mail
2009-02-11===> Case transferred to CSC
2009-02-23===> EAD received
2009-05-02===> Green card received in the mail, no interview done.

The doctor is requiring full bloodwork and a physical. He has already charged us $285 for a one-time visit, the tetanus shot, a flu shot and a TB test. He is also requiring her to get a Chicken Pox and MMR shot. Both these shots will cost us another $200.

Didn't you ask them how much it would cost ahead of time? If so, you must have agreed to it, so why complain now? If you did not ask, then you learned a valuable lesson for the future. :blink:

Didn't the $285 include a physical exam? If not, what exactly did that fee cover? Tetanus, flu, and TB test does not cost anywhere near that.

You can get the shots and bloodwork from your primary doctor using your insurance, then bring it back to them to complete the form.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I had the same experience with you guys. I got my I-693 in Foster city medical center that near to where I live. The will perform another medical exam if you can't present the medical result that was done overseas and only have the vaccination record. They will do this because on the I-693 form they should fill out the result and date of blood and urine test, x-ray and physical exam. They will not approve any medical insurance since Immigration stuff is not included in the insurance package. I have blue sheild insurance but they did not approve it. So my husband spent $200. I was lucky I don't need any additional vaccination when the surgeon evaluated my vaccination record. They also do skin test due to increasing number of people infected by TB here in US.

It could be better if you use Dr. Arnold. I regret of not using her.

Dr. L. E. Arnold

4534 Westgate Boulevard, Suite 114

Austin, TX 78745

Tel: (512) 444-3131

Fax: (512) 447-4699

Hi,

Thanks.

K1 Process:
April 22, 2008 I-129F NOA1
Aug. 25, 2008 I-129F NOA2
Aug. 28, 2008 NVC left
Sept. 09, 2008 Consulate received
Sept. 16, 2008 Appointment notice received
Sept. 23, 2008 Filed Jap. police clearance
Sept. 24-25, 2008 Medical exam Done. Thank God I'm healthy
Oct. 03, 2008 Interview date
Nov. 11, 2008 Got a call from Jap. Embassy PC ready for pick up
Nov. 13, 2008 Picked up and submitted the Police clearance to USEM
Nov. 28, 2008 Visa is ready for delivery
Dec. 02, 2008 Visa in transit to Cebu (delayed bcuz Dec. 1 was holiday)
Dec. 03, 2008 Visa received abot na jud tawn Thank you Lord.
Dec. 08, 2008 POE Hawaii, Honolulu
Dec. 09, 2008 Got married (wedding and honeymoon in Hawaii)
Dec. 12, 2008 Newly wed couple flew to SFO, CA

AOS Process:
Feb. 04, 2009 USCIS received AOS docs.
Feb. 12, 2009 NOA received (AOS and EAD)
Feb. 13, 2009 Biometrics appointment received
Feb. 25, 2009 Biometrics schedule (10 AM) San Francisco DONE
March 14, 2009 Received interview schedule
April 11, 2009 Received EAD card
April 21, 2009 Interview (APPROVED) (2 months 17 days from filing)

April 28, 2009 Welcome Letter received
May 2, 2009 GREEN CARD received (2 months and 29 days)
May 22, 2009 Filed SSN
May 24, 2009 Got SSN at SSA
June 11, 2009 SSN Card received in mail

Naturalization

April 30, 2013 N-400 mailed (i used regular mail not express)

May 3, 2013 NOA priority date (received in mail 05/09/13)
May 8, 2013 Check cashed out, received text and email (N-400 accepted)

May 31, 2013 Biometrics

June 4, 2013 In Line

June 6, 2013 Received email and text N400 has been scheduled
June 10, 2013 Received letter in mail
July 16, 2013 Interview @3:30pm SFO

qlko09mo73vl.png

I'm also from phoenix. I just went to our family doctor to complete my immunization requirements. I showed our doctor my immunization sheet and he just completed my required shots. Fee was covered by my medical insurance. Then i mailed my papers to Dr. Arnold for her to transcribe my data to form I-693. Just paid $30 to Dr Arnold.

Hi,

Thanks.

K1 Process:

May 1, 2008 Submitted I-129F to CSC

May 8, 2008 Received by CSC

May 9, 2008 NOA1

May 18, 2008 Touched

October 9, 2008 RFE

October 28, 2008 RFE Reply

October 29, 2008 Touched

October 30, 2008 Touched

November 1, 2008 NOA2 (HardCopy)

November 11, 2008 Letter from NVC (Hardcopy)

November 14 & 17, 2008 Medical (Passed)

November 26, 2008 Interview (Passed)

December 5, 2008 Visa Received

December 23, 2008 US Entry (POE: Hawaii)

February 7, 2009 Private Wedding

AOS Process:

March 9, 2009 Mailed AOS Application via Express Mail (I-485, I-765, I-131)

March 10, 2009 USPS confirmed that AOS application was delivered and received in Chicago

March 18, 2009 Received NOA for AOS, EAD and AP

April 8, 2009 Biometrics Done

April 27, 2009 AP Approved

May 1, 2009 AP received in the mail

May 2, 2009 EAD card received in the mail

May 29, 2009 AOS interview (Approved)

June 29, 2009 GC received

ROC Process

March 1, 2011 Mailed I-175 Application via Express Mail

March 4 ,2011 NOA for I-175

April 05,2011 Biometrics [Early Biometrics March 22, 2011]

April 21,2011 Approval

April 27,2011 10 Year Green Card Received

Naturalization Process

March 6, 2012 Mailed N-400 Application via Express Mail

[/size]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

Hi,

Yes, it was a valuable lesson for me. I should have asked ahead of time but I guess I trusted the doctor. You live and learn.

We did go to a differnent Civil Surgeon yesterday who went ahead and filled out the necessary paperwork for us for a $70 fee. This Civil Surgeon had no idea why the other one (Dr Kitei in Union Hills, Phoenix) required a flu shot and an additional MMR and Chicken Pox. We had paperwork stating she finished her MMR series. This Civil Surgeon was also familiar with K-1, K-3 immigration requirements and process.

Well, anyway, we're moving forward and putting this behind us.

Thanks all for your feedback!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.