Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited


About bdglen

  • Rank
  • Birthday November 21
  • Member # 302524

Profile Information

  • Gender
  • City
    San Francisco
  • State

Immigration Info

  • Immigration Status
    K-1 Visa
  • Place benefits filed at
    Texas Service Center
  • Local Office
    San Francisco CA
  • Country
  • Our Story
    The journey begings. A voyage of one thousand miles begins with a single step.......

Immigration Timeline & Photos

Recent Profile Visitors

427 profile views
  1. bdglen

    Birth Certificate

    Just me, but I think it's always better to be safe than sorry. I'd say follow the instructions and get a certified original and a copy. You may not need them, but why take the chance...
  2. Congratulations to you and your fiance!
  3. bdglen


  4. www.postaffiliatepro.com


    February 2, 2018  First meeting

    May 15, 2018        Knew it was love

    July, 10, 2018        Proposed

    July 10, 2018        He said "YES"

    July 27, 2018        Filed I-129F

  5. Congratulations! Best of luck going forward in all your adventures together. I'm eagerly following your timeline and wishing you the best, you give me hope my own visa process will go as smoothly.
  6. Thanks to everyone who took the time to reply to my question. You all gave great answers and gave me much to consider. As of now my fiance has decided to ride it out in Colombia in the hopes that he can weather the storm until his visa visa is approved. We are holding refugee status in Canada in our back pockets as an option, but decided we wanted to see the process through in Colombia first, rather than disrupting the whole process and adding another few months to our journey to be together. Thanks again for all your help it is much appreciated. Brian
  7. I am experiencing an ever changing circumstance with my K1 fiance application process and hope someone can advise me. My circumstances are that I am a gay male seeking to marry my Colombian boyfriend we have begun the K! application, but things in his city have changed and he is feeling threatened because of rampant homophobia in his city. He is considering seeking refugee status in Canada. Someone in his city told him this is a very real possibility for him, but that it means he could not leave Canada or return to Colombia for 5 years. I do not know if this is true. But my real question is, Hos do we continue the K1 process if he moves to Canada as a refugee? Any and all help will be greatly appreciated. If I could afford an immigration Attorney I would have asked them this question instead of posting it in this forum.