Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

1 Follower

About 1800X

  • Rank
    Junior Member
  • Member # 413239
  • Location Atlanta, GA, USA

Immigration Timeline & Photos

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. this just amazes me

    Adil did not sell his apartment in Morocco when he came/ his mom lives in it

    and we have bought a small villa on the Mediterrean in EU that his brother and gf occupy thinking to maybe retire there later

    there is no rule or law that immigration has that says u "have to sell property"  in your home country or any other place in the world 


    Immigration says "so not sell property or quit a job " until u have the visa in hand and that doesn't mean u have to sell or leave your job after the visa/   with a I 551 stamp for spouse visa,  u have the right to return and take care of unfinished business if u need to.  no one in their right mind could imagine that u can sell a house within the few months of getting the visa and coming here / some houses are on the market for years

    and many USC near the Canadian border cross every work day for their job


    the border offficer needs to learn the job and i hope u wrote down his/her name and will report this

  2. Hi Timona. We haven't resolved this yet we have until the 17th of April as far as we can determine. We spent the past few days doing exactly what we planned albeit with the wonder and doubt over our heads. I will go up to our canada house at the end of March and we will fly back to the USA the first week of April.
  3. Hi to all who found this post and are interested. We definately didn't mean to start anything we just thought we'd see if anyone had ever experienced this. Some of you may have seen us on Jim Hacking live and our experience is as we talked about with him. Our two main concerns have been first and foremost getting her to USA as a LPR. Second is and always will be not getting banned from any country at anytime. I truly found my soulmate and would commute for a lifetime if that's what it takes however we have obviously talked with Mr. Hacking as well as consulting  with two other immigration attorneys. All agree, as we do, a CBP officer has the final decision at the time of entry who to allow in and why. This officer determined my wife was not moving on the day she presented at the border, true or not this was her decision and she provided my wife  a B2 visitor visa instead of allowing the IR1. 

     We are not POE shopping as my wife has a valid legal IR1.  We don't agree she should have to resign her job as she can now work remotely and we will continue to lease our house in canada and keep a vehicle there as our youngest adult son will maintain the property and the vehicle so we have a home base to operate from when we go back to Canada to visit her family and our grandson. 

     We have decided to take the legal advice and I will fly to Canada at the end of March to spend some more time with our grandson. My wife and I will then present her IR1 at one of the international airports prior to her expiry date  and fly back to the states to move our belongings into the home we will build together. 

     If we again run into problems she will again take whatever legal entry is offered. If she is unable to get her LPR status then we will start the entire process again after her current IR1expires. We have been informed on multiple occasions it could be more difficult to get if this one expires but it's really out of our hands and we have accepted that. We are in no way trying to game the system, or otherwise circumvent the rules and regulations of LPR status. We just want her to be legal to change careers in the USA if the offer ever presents itself. Again we are not POE shopping and will explain we believe perhaps there was a miscommunication on the 16th of February if necessary. My wife was coming into USA for a week while we look at property and was returning to Canada a week later to finalize the finer points of moving. Perhaps we misunderstood the requirements perhaps the CPB officer did, but we do and always will have ties to Canada and will spend as much time as legally offered with her family.  

     She will be going back to Canada in 6 days. I will go up late March and we will return before April 17 through an international airport. I will post our experience here for those who want to know and or who may one day find themselves in a similar situation. 

     Thank you all for the interest questions and  suggestions. You are all great. 

    1. millefleur


      Please make a post in the forums to update us on the outcome! Wishing you best of luck.

  4. HI boiler thank you for your IQA&S. After the brief conversation with Mr. Hacking we are feeling a little better that we didn't do anything wrong. We have decided to try bringing her in on the IR1 again via Montreal Airport this time. If that goes awry we will be out of time and hopefully can restart the process without penalty. Again than you all for your suggestions
  5. To all who recommended the secondary inspection. Thank You . I went straight to their Atlanta office this afternoon. While the Officer I spoke with seemed sympathetic he unfortunately continuously told me there was nothing he could do. He did look at her IR1 Visa and the Visitor stamp and asked a few questions and repeated this is not a clerical error and this office can not assist. He did suggest we (she) attempt to enter again except this time try by air rather than ground. It is this officers opinion this is not a clerical error but a judgment call and he can not second guess another officer. 

     He did admit the first officer(s) should have let her pass without a problem but again nothing he can do. He also informed me he cannot "look at her file" or assist in anyway other than to suggest she try again from a different port. 

     I think we have decided to do just that. Since my wife was not handed any documentation of any kind and especially nothing stating any restrictions to enter on her IR1 we can not see how attempting again without proof of resignation or lease terminations in hand. 

     We are also contacting another Immigration attorney to get reassured this is not going to cause long term problems. 


  6. Thank You !! We will contact the one in Atlanta this week . Thank You !
  7. Hi and again Thank You for your QSandA's . We are fortunate in that we found each other many years ago but not so long ago as to have started our lives together , just want to finish them together . If I misled anyone into we owned our current homes I apologize, we do not. Currently we have been long long term renters and use our excess income to invest for our retirement as well as for the purchase of "our home" when she does arrive as a LPR. We are not destitute by any means but we are not loaded that's for sure. What is a defered inspetion site if I may ask ?
  8. I didn't think so either we are truly shocked defeated and at a loss at the moment. We will overcome for sure just have to find the path. You all are a great group of people thank you for the interest the questions the suggestions. I have a few calls and emails into different law firms to see if we can retain counsel , just thought I would see if anyone here had ever experienced this while we wait for legal advice. Thank You
  9. HI and thank you for your interest and suggestions and questions. My wife just messaged me that last night during this process she was told " you should have known to land you had to prove you were unemployed and gave up all ties . Then the agent said because of you we have three agents with three computers open because everyone knows anyone coming across on a spouse visa knows they must cross with everything and cant have any ties to Canada . Wanting to find a job before they come over is stupid reason to wait and when she married me she took the plunge to give up everything to get her spouse visa.
  10. I am in USA and well thankfully my wife is on a plane at this moment in the US as well coming to our Atlanta home albeit on a Vistor Visa currently ;
  11. Thank you so much for the advice I am trying to find out who to email actually today Again Thank You.
  12. We are wondering the same thing. I guess our biggest concern now is the agents stern reminder that her file has been flagged and that she will have to prove lease termination and resignation of any and all Canadian employment before she tries to enter on her IR1 and reminded her the clock is ticking. April 17 or start over....
  13. I was in our Atlanta home as flying and crossing has become so routine to us it didn't seem like a big deal. Oh ok wait there may be more to the story . Maybe the problem is the following. Her expiration date on IR1 is April 17. She was previously scheduled to fly down this week so we could go look at some different properties as we want to have an OUR place rather than a previously mine and previously hers but now ours property. Since April was approaching, we decided to take this weeks trip and do the landing IR1 Visa stuff now but she was going back in a week. Could the problem be she tried to enter on an IR1 Visa but returning to Canada in a week to finalize additional steps like clearing out the house , helping the kids decide who gets what etc. and then returning to USA in a few weeks?
  14. We may very well try that thank you. Our Canada residence isn't far from Ottawa maybe .... Thanks
  15. Yes she is in the US now, she is on a plane at this moment out of Syracuse New York after entering USA with a visitor visa stamp last night after a lengthy difficult discussion with 3 border agents at the Thousand Island Bridge POE. I wish there was more to the story and their may be in the way the questions were asked and or answered ? We have maintained two homes for the past 15+ years so there was is no reason for her to transport any belongings we were giving everything to our adult children as we don't want to pay to move things we don't need. Maybe her not claiming anything with her threw some kind of flag ?
  • Create New...