Welome Guest!

Registered members can access many other great features such as finding other local VJ members from their country!


US Immigration from Bolivia

Hot Topics

Showing Bolivia Topics from Forum:

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 Last  (Viewing page 3 of 19 ) - topics in the last 5 years
Parents of US Citizen - Question on Process
8:19 pm May 15, 2019



Read 472 Times
13 Replies

Hi everyone. Any input appreciated.

My wife is a US citizen now, and she'd like to petition both her biological parents to come and reside in the US permanently.

Her mother is currently on a tourist visa, with valid entry/exit stamps in the last 4 years.

Two questions:
1. Can we begin the i-130 proceedings even if her mother happens to find herself in the US at the time? She is here periodically, and goes back home to Bolivia when the time is up.
2. Once we apply and i-130 is approved, what happens? I know her parents would go to the consulate in the home country. Is this the consular processing I read about? Do they get green cards right there and then? Or do they get a visa for entry and then once in the US they have to adjust status (which means $1200+ more money, each!). This is the part that confuses and scares us at the same time.

Thank you Visa Journey fam.


View Topic

Changing of last name
10:08 pm May 12, 2019


Read 1083 Times
17 Replies

Before everyone tells me what I should have done or how easier it would have been or cheaper I decided not to change my wife last name to mine until after green card because the USCIS already knows my wife by her birth name and that s what in their system. If it worked for you to change your spouses last name on I-485 great I didn t and on purpose. I know there are people on here that will say you should have put her new name on the I-485 but I didn t and that s that.

My questions are:

1) now that we are waiting on green card should I wait to change her last name on her current social security card or make a new appointment with the social security Administration now and change her last name on social card? (Remember social security card name is birth name if gotten before wedding) Also wedding certificate recorded in Florida is both persons birth names not Mr. and Mrs. blah blah blah

2) what will the process be to change my wife name on green card once she has it and cost? Yes I know it s going to cost me more money my question is how much?

Just curious of the process to do this after green card and cost.


View Topic

Should I be worried yet?
9:54 pm April 30, 2019


Read 305 Times
9 Replies

Hi VJ friends, I submitted all my AOS adjustment of status forms etc. for my wife (K1) on Saturday April 20 at the UPS store, I realize it didn t get picked up by UPS until Monday April 22. I sent to the UPS/FEDEX Chicago lock box. I have not received and email, text or nothing. When should I panic?

View Topic

Florida drivers license for K1?
1:34 pm April 21, 2019


Read 1249 Times
20 Replies

Hello VJ friends, I m checking to when is the best time and way for my wife to get her Florida s drivers license and I read a lot about doing before the I-94 expires and Florida requires 30 days still be left as valid if the 90 day window.

Correct me if I wrong the Florida drivers license if issued after written and driving test is only valid for the time period of the unexpired I-94?

My question is my wife doesnt have to get her drivers license now it would be great but we still can get her Florida s drivers license after the expired I-94 correct?

I was thinking getting it when we get EAD or even green card I m just concerned that she be able to get it and if I rush to get her drivers license now before the I-94 expires that even then a drivers licensed is expired when the I-94 expires.




Seleccione aqu para Espa ol

Non-immigrants renewing, replacing or applying for a new driver license or ID card in person must submit the following documents before a REAL-ID compliant driver license or ID card can be issued. Please note that the name assigned to the Social Security Number (SSN) must match the name that will appear on the Florida driver license or ID card. Customers who have recently changed their name should update their records with the Social Security Administration before applying for a driver license or ID card.

1. Primary Identification

An original or certified copy of one of the following documents:

Valid employment authorization card issued by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) form I-688B or I-766;

Non-expired proof of non-immigrant classification provided by DHS form I-94 with required supporting attachment(s). If a customer is unsure of the required documentation, they should bring allUnited States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) documentation with them.
I-94s must be accompanied by a valid passport with a date of entry stamp. Certain classifications require additional documentation. Some examples are:

F-1 and M-1 classification must be accompanied by an I-20;

J-1 or J-2 designation must be accompanied by a DS2019;

Refugee, asylee and parolee classifications must be accompanied by additional documentation;

I-571 travel document/refugee travel permit;

I-512 parole letter accepted; or

Immigration judge s order granting asylum or cancellation of removal.


Documents must be valid for more than 30 days from the date of issuance.

Non-U.S. citizens applying for an original driver license will be issued a 60-day temporary paper permit without a photo and a receipt. Non-U.S. citizens applying for an ID card will be issued a receipt. Upon identity and legal status verification, a driver license or ID card will be issued within 60 days and mailed to the address on the driver record. The driver license or ID card will be issued for the period of time specified on the USCIS document, up to a maximum of four years.

If lawful status or identification is not verified, a denial of issuance letter will be mailed to the customer.

2. Proof of Social Security

An original of one of the following documents with complete name and SSN:

Social Security card (with customer s current name);

W-2 form (not handwritten);

Pay check/stub;

SSA-1099; or

Any 1099 (not handwritten).

For customers without an SSN, please click here.

3. Proofs of Residential Address

Customers may not use their current driver license or ID card as proof of residential address. Customers must submit TWO different documents with their residential address (printouts or faxes of these documents are acceptable). Residential address documents include, but are not limited to:

Deed, mortgage, monthly mortgage statement, mortgage payment booklet or residential rental/lease agreement;

Florida voter registration card;

Florida vehicle registration or title (print a duplicate registration at www.GoRenew.com);

Utility bill;

A utility hook up or work order dated within 60 days of the application;

Automobile payment booklet;

Selective service card;

Medical or health card with address listed;

Current homeowner insurance policy or bill;

Current automobile insurance policy or bill;

Educational institution transcript forms for the current school year;

Unexpired professional license issued by a government agency in the U.S.;

W-2 form or 1099 form;

Form DS2019, certificate of eligibility for exchange visitor (J-1) status;

A letter from a homeless shelter, transitional service provider or a half-way house verifying they receive mail for the customer. The letter must be accompanied by a Certification of Address form;

Mail from financial institutions including checking, savings or investment account statements;

Mail from federal, state, county or city government agencies; or

FDLE registration form completed by local sheriff department.

Customers who do not have the above documents in their name may provide two proofs of residential address from a parent, step-parent, legal guardian or other person with whom they reside and a Certification of Address form.

Customers who have legally changed their name by marriage, divorce or court order must have their name changed on their USCIS documents.

Non-immigrants in the country without a work visa are not required to obtain a letter from the Social Security Administration stating that they were never issued an SSN (also known as an SSA refusal letter).

View Topic

K1 AOS I-485 form where to mail?
3:20 pm April 20, 2019


Read 590 Times
23 Replies

I m sending my wife s immigration paperwork today from a UPS store not a USPS (post office). I m a little confused which address to send to.

I thought it was the first address shown below (Lockbox) I mail my forms to but since I m using UPS and UPS has a different Chicago address than the Chicago Lockbox address which do I use. Again I m using UPS, thanks

USCIS Chicago Lockbox

For U.S. Postal Service (USPS):

PO Box 805887
Chicago, IL 60680-4120

For FedEx, UPS, and DHL deliveries:

Attn: FBAS
131 South Dearborn - 3rd Floor
Chicago, IL 60603-5517

View Topic

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 Last  (Viewing page 3 of 19 ) - topics in the last 5 years

Recent Visa Approvals

Christopher & Genesis
IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Marcel & Yudid
K1 Visa
Nat & Ariel
IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Larry & Liliana
K1 Visa
Bigo Yogo & Bia
K1 Visa

Upcoming Interviews

Newest Bolivia Members

Marcel Ruiz
( view all )

Top Posting Members

1. ceadsearc
2. T and M
3. LarryHickman
4. Summer75
5. genr87
6. coniefl
7. Ninahuanca
8. M and K
9. zinger143
10. na123