CarlosV

NVC Interview Appointment -> How to register?

9 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Bolivia
Timeline

I received an email from NVC about upcoming interview appointment for my wife and step-daughter. It directs me to this site -> Interview Preparation (state.gov)  I click on the link go to embassy La Paz. It says to register appointment online. I attempt to register both but when I enter their Case No it says not ready for appointment. Do I have to wait to do this? Also, it ask for the DS-260 number. Is that the Confirmation No on the DS-260?

14 hours ago, CarlosV said:

I received an email from NVC about upcoming interview appointment for my wife and step-daughter. It directs me to this site -> Interview Preparation (state.gov)  I click on the link go to embassy La Paz. It says to register appointment online. I attempt to register both but when I enter their Case No it says not ready for appointment. Do I have to wait to do this? Also, it ask for the DS-260 number. Is that the Confirmation No on the DS-260?

Are you a US citizen or a green card holder? 

Timeline
On 12/27/2023 at 2:35 AM, appleblossom said:

Are you a US citizen or a green card holder? 

I'm a US citizen. My wife is going for her spousal visa interview.

1 hour ago, CarlosV said:

I'm a US citizen. My wife is going for her spousal visa interview.

OK, sounds like your case isn't at the consulate yet. What does your online status say, does it say it's in transit?

Timeline
On 12/28/2023 at 12:14 PM, appleblossom said:

OK, sounds like your case isn't at the consulate yet. What does your online status say, does it say it's in transit?

Where do I find the online status? NVC sent email that it is Feb 1. I don't see a status in NVC.

Is there a fee that needs to be paid after interview?

8 hours ago, CarlosV said:

Where do I find the online status? NVC sent email that it is Feb 1. I don't see a status in NVC.

Is there a fee that needs to be paid after interview?

https://egov.uscis.gov

and yes, you’ll need to pay the $220 immigrant visa fee for each of them. 

Edited by appleblossom

Timeline
4 hours ago, appleblossom said:

https://egov.uscis.gov

and yes, you’ll need to pay the $220 immigrant visa fee for each of them. 

I learned the $220 is the green card fee. It doesn't have to be paid at the consulate. It is paid to USCIS. 

The status on USCIS is it was sent to State.

2 hours ago, CarlosV said:

I learned the $220 is the green card fee. It doesn't have to be paid at the consulate. It is paid to USCIS. 

The status on USCIS is it was sent to State.

Yes, immigrant visa fee for the production of the green card - and yes, it's paid to USCIS, you'll be told how to pay at the interview. 

Looks like you've already got your interview date? 

Timeline
On 12/31/2023 at 1:14 PM, appleblossom said:

Yes, immigrant visa fee for the production of the green card - and yes, it's paid to USCIS, you'll be told how to pay at the interview. 

Looks like you've already got your interview date? 

Yes, per NVC. They sent email stating wife and step-daughter is Feb 1.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.