ryecatcher25

UNbelieveable - amnesity for 12 million illegals

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Can anyone here believe that they realy are going to give amnesity to 12 million illegals? ANd here we are all suffering. Oh well i guess the politicians really will do anything to get elected and 12 million votes are a lot. I guess the moral of the story is figure out a way to get into this country becuase if the hispanics don't obey the rules, why should anybody else?

Service Center : Nebraska Service Center

Consulate : Manilla, Philipines

I-129F Sent : 2005-11-30

I-129F NOA1 : 2005-12-02

I-129F NOA2 : 2005-12-16

Left NVC : 2006-1-5

Manila recieved: 2006-1-11

Interview Date : 2006-5-16 - APPROVED

Enter USA : 2006-5-31

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uzbekistan
Timeline

I wouldn't care if they were Mexican or Canadian... they are here illegally and they should not be given a darn thing.

Only thing I can suggest is to let your opinion be known. Write to your State reps. Let them know that if they do not fight against this then they can count 1 less vote at the polls the next time they need it!

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fagm.gif3dflagsdotcom_uzbek_2fagm.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
I wouldn't care if they were Mexican or Canadian... they are here illegally and they should not be given a darn thing.

Only thing I can suggest is to let your opinion be known. Write to your State reps. Let them know that if they do not fight against this then they can count 1 less vote at the polls the next time they need it!

:thumbs:

I've said it before, on another thread.... maybe we could stop complaining about what the government is doing for them and officialy complain about what they're not doing for us USC (I speak for my fiance here).

Let the illegal immigrants fight for what they think they deserve.... everyone has the right to try to have a better life.

Here's what I posted on the other thread:

I'm not even gonna say this reform is right or wrong. But I'd really like to say something... why don't WE get attention?? Is waiting to be with the person you love so much easier than crossing the border?? Is having your life on hold something you enjoy doing?

Let the illegal immigrants fight for their rights, if they think they have any, because everyone always wants to get the best out of everything.

But lets fight for ours too!!! Because we, the people that do believe that the law still means something, deserve to be treated better. And we do deserve to let everyone know the hell we go through, checking out status every hour online, loosing apetite and sleep, having our health completely messed up, tons of money spent, some of us even have kids that don't get to see their dads for months, couples that don't get to see each other during a pregnancy and on and on and on......

If illegal immigrants get their faces on tv, so can we!

The main thing in my opinion is.... I don't want the illegal immigrants to be treated badly, I just want US to be treated right!!

OUR COMPLETE TIMELINE

Latest steps:

10/26/2006- Consulate receives case (seriously, one month to receive the case?? BS!), and packet 3 that I sent even before they had received the case.

01/02/2007- Interview!!!!!!!!!!!!! Got a 221(g)

01/23/2007- Second Interview. VISA granted!!!

01/29/2007- VISA arrived.... no envelope though. I'm gonna contact them and see what happened this time!

01/31/2007- I'll have to send them one last financial support evidence.

02/01/2007- Evidence sent

02/02/2007- Evidence received by Consulate

02/06/2007- Consulate sends envelope!

02/07/2007- Envelope received!!!

02/10/2007- Flew to the USA!!!!!!

04/17/2007- Wedding day!!!

--- Wish us luck!!! ---

Although I am in the UK, I will soon be an immigrant to the US - legally :thumbs: and I totally agree that illegals should not be given an amnesty when you see what people on here and on other sites have to go through to be with loved ones.

The same idea has been bandied about in the UK, to my mind it is a way that the politicians can get "around things" and make the figures look better. BUT... and this is a big but, what type of message does it then send out!!! Here in the UK we already have massive illegal immigration (no where near what the states has, but then again we are a lot littler :whistle: ) To give amnesty to all the illegals it then sends out a message to the world, come on in , get through the first few years and then all will be well, we'll give another amnesty.

Definitely not fair to all those doing it the heartbreakingly long way, just my thoughts.

[The reason god put spaces in between your fingers was so another person's hands could fill it up.

CHERISH YESTERDAY, LIVE TODAY AND DREAM TOMORROW

Life is like a song... Sing it.

Life is like a challenge... Pursue it.

Life is like a sacrifice... Offer it.

Life is love... Enjoy it.

I have to agree with MrsnMrsK's point - illegals shouldn't be treated BADLY or unfairly - 2 wrongs don't make a right after all - but other immigrants - legal ones - ought to be given some breaks as well. MONTHS of time it takes to do these visas legally because we're told we all need FBI checks and local police checks out the wazoo (and I have no objection to this) but if you're illegal there are NO checks are there?

ANd then you get amnesty - and do they check you then? (I don;t know btw) I bet they don't have to wait over a year for AOS or GC either - so to USCs and legal immigrants it APPEARS unfair (even if it may not be)

Applied for K1

Met online 2001 - just aquaintances

Sept 2002 - 1st US visit - everything goes perfectly.

Dec 20th - Forms recev'd at CSC

Dec 27th - NOA1 received by snail mail!

Dec 29th - 'Touched'

March 10 2006 - NOA2!

March 23 - recv'd at NVC

March 24 - petition sent to London

April 9th - Pkt 3 rec'd!

May 17th - Pkt 3 signed for at London Embassy

May 24th - Medical

May24th - Pkt 4

June 14th - Interview 10am - APPROVED 1pm!!

June 16th - Visas received in my hot little hands 1pm :)

July 19th - flying to US!

July 27th - Married!! :-)

Aug 7th - Applied for SSN in married name

Aug 9th - SSN received

uk.gif1273.gifusa.gif

3dflagsdotcom_uk_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

I'm not a lawyer I just have opinions on everything :)

animated flags from http://3dflags.com

I can't believe that with all the threads related to this subject in OT, we had to have one more in K-1.

Hey! Can you believe it? They're proposing paths to legality for illegal immigrants? I hadn't heard!

Abby (U.S.) and Ewen (Scotland): We laughed. We cried. Our witness didn't speak English. Happily married (finally), 27 December 2006.

Latest news: Green card received 16 April 2007. USCIS-free until 3 January 2009! Eligible to naturalize 3 April 2010.

Click on the "timeline" link at the left to view our timeline. And don't forget to update yours!

The London Interviews Thread: Wait times, interview dates, and chitchat for all visa types

The London Waivers Thread: For I-601 or I-212 applicants in London (UK, Ireland, and Scandinavia)

The London Graduates Thread: Moving stateside, AOS, and OT for London applicants and petitioners

all the mud in this town, all the dirt in this world

none of it sticks on you, you shake it off

'cause you're better than that, and you don't need it

there's nothing wrong with you

--Neil Finn

On second thought, let us not go to Camelot. 'Tis a silly place.

--Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

What amnesty are we talking about here?? There is no amnesty in any current immigration bill.

Also, like Pax said, there's off-topic hosting several threads on this issue; see you there...

Permanent Green Card Holder since 2006, considering citizenship application in the future.

I can't believe that with all the threads related to this subject in OT, we had to have one more in K-1.

Hey! Can you believe it? They're proposing paths to legality for illegal immigrants? I hadn't heard!

just being polite and replying to a query from someone who maybe did not know about the other posts ;)

[The reason god put spaces in between your fingers was so another person's hands could fill it up.

CHERISH YESTERDAY, LIVE TODAY AND DREAM TOMORROW

Life is like a song... Sing it.

Life is like a challenge... Pursue it.

Life is like a sacrifice... Offer it.

Life is love... Enjoy it.

It's not the correct forum for this issue, anyway, even if there weren't already at least four or five threads that I can think of right off the top of my head going in OT. Threads like these clutter the forums and make it harder for people to find the information they actually need.

So, again, this discussion should continue elsewhere.

Abby (U.S.) and Ewen (Scotland): We laughed. We cried. Our witness didn't speak English. Happily married (finally), 27 December 2006.

Latest news: Green card received 16 April 2007. USCIS-free until 3 January 2009! Eligible to naturalize 3 April 2010.

Click on the "timeline" link at the left to view our timeline. And don't forget to update yours!

The London Interviews Thread: Wait times, interview dates, and chitchat for all visa types

The London Waivers Thread: For I-601 or I-212 applicants in London (UK, Ireland, and Scandinavia)

The London Graduates Thread: Moving stateside, AOS, and OT for London applicants and petitioners

all the mud in this town, all the dirt in this world

none of it sticks on you, you shake it off

'cause you're better than that, and you don't need it

there's nothing wrong with you

--Neil Finn

On second thought, let us not go to Camelot. 'Tis a silly place.

--Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
Can anyone here believe that they realy are going to give amnesity to 12 million illegals? ANd here we are all suffering. Oh well i guess the politicians really will do anything to get elected and 12 million votes are a lot. I guess the moral of the story is figure out a way to get into this country becuase if the hispanics don't obey the rules, why should anybody else?

I have no problems with anyone wanting a better life, LEGALLY! I'm puzzled that the many hispanics that have gone through the proper channels, filed the appropriate forms, waited patiently for their citizenship, paid their dues basically, how can they protest with a group that have come to the United States illegally?

Yes, the structure and waiting period to become a citizen or at least to come into the country leagally needs to be revised but still rules are rules and laws are laws. Now we have expedite proceedures in place where if you're coming to the United States on a work visa you can pay to have your visa expedited. Can I pay the additional amount and have my fiancee here before I deploy to Iraq? Yes, I have submitted the emergency expedite, ok you might say that I'm using the system to have my fiancee visa expedited but then again I'm serving my country and another country (Iraq), if not for the expedite I may have to wait another 1 - 2 years to marry my soulmate.

Another question that I pose is that I have to show that I can support my fiancee, do the illegal immigrants need to show proof that they will not be a "burden" on the system by supporting themselves?

2005-07-20 Sent Xiang first email

2005-11-19 Met Xiang in Nanning

2005-11-25 Asked for Xiang's hand in marriage

2006-02-21 Date I-129F Sent

2006-02-24 Date I-129F NOA1 (Receipt)

2006-03-15 Applied for Emergency Expedite

2006-04-03 Date I-129F NOA2 (Approved)

2006-04-25 Date packet was sent from NVC to Guangzhou, China

2006-07-07 Date Xiang recieved Packet #3 from Guangzhou, China

2006-07-08 Date Xiang sent Packet #3 to the U.S. Consulate

2006-07-27 Date Xiang recieved request for biographical information on our daughter

2006-07-27 Date Xiang sent biographical information to the U.S. Consulate

2006-08-17 Date Xiang sent biographical information to the U.S. Consulate, again!

2006-08-21 Date Xiang called, faxed and mailed the U.S. Consulate the biographical information

2006-08-22 Email from the U.S. Consulate, they FINALLY received the G-325A form for our daughter!

2006-08-22 Waiting patiently for Packet #4 to arrive, bring my soulmate to my open arms!!!

2006-08-25 Packet #4 sent out from the U.S. Consulate, in transit to my baby!!!

2006-08-29 11:25pm Email from the U.S. Consulate, the interview date is October 17th!

2006-09-29 Medical examination for Xiang and our daughter Qi. Interview is just around the corner!

2006-10-16 11:15pm VISA APPROVED!!!!

2006-10-29 Xiang and Qi arrived in Detroit, immigrations 2 1/2 hours, finally holding my sweetheart in my arms.

2006-11-05 Exchanging our vows, what a beautiful day for our wedding!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

There is a lot of scare tactics involved with how illegals are draining the country yet almost no one wants to work for $2 per hour (or per day) on the farms etc. except the illegals. The net effect of illegal is a huge plus for our economy and generally they make better citizens despite what the hatefiiled politicoians are saying! Lies told repeatedly do not become truth. I for one want everyone to be treated exactly like I am treated - same and equal! If not - then destropy the statue of liberty first and take out the word equal from the constitution next!

K1

March 2 Filed I-129 F

July 21 Interview in Bogota ** Approved ** Very Easy!

AOS

Oct 19 Mailed AOS Packet to Chicago

Feb 17 AOS interview in Denver. Biometrics also done today! (Interviewing officer ordered them.)

Apr 25 Green card received

Removal of conditions

March 17 Refiled using new I-751 form

April 16 Biometrics done

July 10 Green card production ordered

Citizenship

Jan 20 filed N400

Feb 04 NOA date

Feb 24 Biometrics

May 5 Interview - Centennial (Denver, Colorado) Passed

June 10 Oath Ceremony - Teikyo Loretto Heights, Denver, Colorado

July 7 Received Passport in 3 weeks