Captain Ewok

K-1 and K-3 USCIS Filing locations after July 30th

25 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

Form I-129F Filing Locations

Effective July 30, 2007

If And Mail Form I-129F to
You are a U.S. citizen. You are filing a K-1 petition for your fiancé(e) and you live in:

Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Guam, Hawaii, Idaho, Nevada Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, Oregon, South Dakota, Utah, Washington, Wisconsin and Wyoming.

USCIS

California Service Center

P.O. Box 10130

Laguna Niguel, CA 92607-0130

For private couriers (non-USPS) deliveries:

USCIS

24000 Avila Road

2nd Floor, Room 2312

Laguna Niguel, CA 92677

You are filing a K-1 petition for your fiancé(e)and you live in:

Alabama, Arkansas,

Connecticut, Delaware,Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts,Mississippi, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York,North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, U.S. Virgin Islands, West Virginia, and the District of Columbia.
US Postal Service and private courier deliveries:

USCIS

Vermont Service Center

Attn: I-129F

75 Lower Welden Street

St. Albans, VT 05479-0001

You are filing a K-1 petition for your fiancé(e) and you live outside the United States. California Service Center or the Vermont Service Center, depending on your last place of residence in the U.S. (see above for filing location).
You are filing a K-3 petition for your spouse. The Service Center where the underlying I-130 petition is currently pending. Use the address listed on your most recent receipt notice or transfer notice and include a copy of that notice with your Form I-129F.

reference: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/tem...00045f3d6a1RCRD

additionally:

directfiling-july-2007.gif

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.

It is about time they split them up more equally!

Our Visa Journey

2/13 - I-129F sent to TSC

7/31 - K1 - APPROVED

8/5 - POE @ Dallas/Ft. Worth

8/11 - Wedding!!

10/15 - received Greencard

Got 10-year Greencard

Filed: Timeline
It is about time they split them up more equally!

yeah vermont wont be the paradise its been for all the filers. Its always been so unfair how fast their stuff gets done while the rest of us just suffer for 90 110 days and they are done in a week

Okay.. plz clarify, correct or confirm.. I filed I-130 ..sent to TSC (I live in Texas)..it was transferred to CSC. I need to send out I-129F along with documents and fees (not sending I-130 NOA1 bcuz never rcvd it..only online status letter, cashed check (front/back with WAC#),USPS dlvry confirmation card). Sending it to California address. Is this correct??? Sending it Monday (possibly FedEx)

USCIS

P.O. Box 10130

Laguna Niguel, CA 92607-0130

For private couriers (non-USPS) deliveries:

USCIS

24000 Avila Road

2nd Floor, Room 2312

Laguna Niguel, CA 92677

Timeline

Please note that the above filing locations are not effective until July 30, 2007. Until then current filing procedures are in effect.

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.

Please note that the above filing locations are not effective until July 30, 2007. Until then current filing procedures are in effect.

I'm a USC currently living outside the country. My last residence was Miami, FL.

1) If they are only processing in 2 locations does this mean it'll be slower in the coming months?

2) If processing time is more important than the fee increase ($170 vs $455), does it make sense to file now in early July for in Texas and have it transferred to Vermont, or just wait until I come under Vermont on July 30th?

Ideas anyone?

Thanks

I read that we could file certain forms, prior to this date "July 30,2007, to new direct filing locations..

USCIS will accept Forms I-129F, I-131, I-140, I-360, I-485, I-765 and I-907 filed with the new “Direct Filing” location in advance of the July 30, 2007 effective date, that are otherwise properly filed.

Please visit www.uscis.gov frequently for filing updates or call the National Customer Service Center at

800- 375-5283 for up-to-date information.

– USCIS –

http://www.uscis.gov/files/pressrelease/Up...iling062107.pdf

Timeline

Yep :). The locations are not official until then but they accept them early at the new locations as well and mis-filed up to a month after (they will redirect).

Ok im confused, about these new changes. Does that mean that my application will automatically be transfered to CSC or do I have to send a copy of the I-129 F that I summited for my husband over year ago with copy the of my receipt notice? Neither one of my applications have been ajudicated. 130 is at CSC and I129F was sent to the chicago lock box.

I don't see how the new rules would have any impact on pending cases (except that it MIGHT be transferred, which would require nothing further from the petitioner).

SA4userbar.jpg

Yep :). The locations are not official until then but they accept them early at the new locations as well and mis-filed up to a month after (they will redirect).

So had I waited a month or so longer, I could have now filed the petition at Vermont? Early of the changes?

Edited by LisaD

Timeline

Their official press release stated that otherwise properly filed I-129f would be accepted at the new direct filing locations in advance of 7/30/07. I plan today to follow up on this with a contact I have at the USCIS :).

Timeline

Per a telephone conversation on 5:00 EST 7/2/2007:

We have confirmed with Officer Ruiz of the USCIS that you can, yes, file your I-129F's in advance of July 30th with the new direct filing location.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.