33 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Well, we had our interview today.

The interview was for 7:40 AM in SLC .

Woke up at 4:30 am. looked out the window to see the mother of all snow storms. UGH! Didn't have breakfast cuz my stomach was in knots.

After shovelling out the SUV we were on the road by 6am. Traffic was a nightmare with cars all over the place. It was pretty much at a stand still as we got closer to SLC. We ended up being about 10 minutes late.

We came into the office and gave the Security guard the Interview letter. He didn't ask us for ID at all. Just told us to put our possions on the xray table thingy. Hubby beeped when he went thru. He forgot to take his watch off. :whistle:

The Security guard handed our letter to a young man and he told us to follow him. He said his name was Officer Rice and that he will be doing our interview. He was super nice.

We followed him into his little office and he said"Before you sit down, I have to swear you in. please raise your right hand and swear that what your about to say is the truth."

Then he asked me for my Passport, my EAD Card, AP papers, my SSN. He asked Jim for his ID as well. Then he did something really strange or so I thought. He asked my hubby to please show him his tattoos on both arms & shoulders. He said he wanted to make sure he had the right guy. I laughed and commented that when I went thru Customs with my K-1 the last thing the guy said to me was to make sure I married the right guy.

Then Officer Rice said he needed to ask me a few questions that are asked of everyone at this time. The usual " are you a Terrorist?, have you ever been charge with a crime?, have you ever had any other Visa besides this K-1 that you came with?" Have you ever helped someone get into the states illegally?, Have you ever been on any American Income assistance, food stamps etc... "

Then he asked where & when we met. Asked when we married. Asked me my parents names. Asked if I have any children and their birthdates.. I told him I haveone, but she lives in Canada, that she was supposed to move here but my ex refused to let her at the last minute.I told him we will be appyling for her Visa in 2 yrs once she is legally allowed without his consent. He said thats great!

As he spoke he checked things off on the huge stack of an application in front of him. He was smiling the whole time.

I handed him a duo-tang with copies of everything in it. And said I was told to bring these in case you need them. He mentioned how organized I was. Looked thru it and only took my daughter's Birth cert. He said he I was so thourough with my Initial Application he didn't need anything else.

He asked if the house was in my name and my husband replied that we are in the process of re-finiancing and my name will be added then. He asked if I was on his Medical and Jim told him yes and gave him a letter stating this. He asked if he could keep it and Jim said sure as it was a statement that was already paid.

He looked over Jim's 2005 W2 & Taxes and noted that we hadn't done them yet. Offier Rice said that was fine, that he , himself owes money this year and will be delaying it till the last minute . lol He also said that the old affidavit was fine even tho I made Jim make up a new one cuz he had to add on his new job. The officer said everything was fine that he made well above the poverty line with just his Military Pension.

He asked if we had anything with both our names like a contract or something. I gave him the only thing we had in both our names which is a contract for a $3000.00 Vaccum we bought. He looked over the contract and said Wow ! this must be some kinda vaccum! and laughed. Then Jim told him how good it is and they talked for about 10 minutes about it. :whistle:

Then he asked if we had anything else that would help our case. We brought a Garbage bag with us full of stuff. 1375 wedding pictures, other pictures, cards, letters, email, junk mail you name it.

So I handed over my Scrapbook of our wedding pictures. Its a HUGE book that I've painstakingly made. He looked thru all the pictures and commented how nice it was and how much care must have gone into making it. I told him I have no life so I have tons of time to scrapbook ! LOL He laughed. Then I also pulled out a huge envelope of more pictures, all the wedding cards, Christmas cards addressed to us both , mail in my name, mail in both our names, our guest book, emails, letters from his parents . I put all this on his desk and he laughed, looked thru a few more things and said, "Ok, you can clean off my desk for me now. I'm approving this case. You'll get your Green card in a few weeks." He made us sign a little piece of paper stating we have to come back to get the conditions removedin almost 2yrs. Then he said, " Unfortunetly, I'll have to keep your EAD card and AP papers. So you'll just have to hang around home for a few weeks till your greencard arrives. "

So I cleaned off his desk, We stood up, shook hands and he said "Congratulations! have a great day!"

What a relief !! No more Immigration for almost 2 yrs. Yippee !!! :thumbs:

A Lily & A Rose...Together Forever !

April 28th INTERVIEW DATE !!!!!!!! APPROVED

June 30th Arrived in my Sweeties Arms !!

August 4th.2005 Our Wedding

Sept. 19th Sent AOS

Sept 28th recieved NOA for AOS

Nov.05/05 recieved Biometrics letter

Nov.17th Biometrics Appt.

Nov. 22nd. AP Approved

Nov. 25th/05 recieved EAD card

Nov.30th. recieved AP Papers in mail

Dec. 08th/05 Recieved Snail mail letter for AOS Interview Feb 15th 7:40 AM.

Feb. 15th. /06 AOS Interview SUCCESS !!!! no more to deal with for another 2 yrs!

Feb. 27th./06 Recieved Greencard in the mail

August 4th/06 Our First Wedding Anniversary !!

Feb. 8th 08 Sent in Packet to remove conditions

Feb 23rd 08 Recieve NOA letter stating they are extending my Greencard for another year.

March 11th 08 biometrics appt.

May 29th 08 recieved email stating Card production ordered

June 7th 2008 10 yr card recieved.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

alfie.jpg

My lil Alfie boy

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Congrats Lily :D

PEGGY & ROGER

3dflagsdotcom_canad_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

K-1/K-2 VISA'S APPROVED IN MONTREAL MAY 2, 2005

K-1/K-2 AOS APPROVED IN ATLANTA MAY 17, 2006

10 year GC Approved - APRIL 16th ,2009 - Peggy and Jonathan's......

Still waiting for our cards...Had to file I-90 as they sent them to the wrong address.

March 9th, 2010, Received GC that has been lost in the mail for 10 months. Still waiting for my son's that is lost as well.

Filed Waiver for my son's 10 year GC and it was approved. He finally received his GC after its been missing for 2 years.

Thanking God this is over for 10 years.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Congratulations Lily I knew you would fly thru your interview.

Mary

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Conratulations. For $3000 you could have bought several Roombas from iRobot and had change left over. :)

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Way to go! So encouraging to read another success story! Thanks for all the details...

TIMELINE

* K3 through Montreal *

03-17-2004: I-130 NOA1

04-09-2004: I-129F NOA1 (K3)

09-27-2004: Sold the house

10-14-2004: I-130 transferred from Neb. to Calif.

10-14-2004: I-129F NOA2

11-03-2004: Receive Packet 3

11-05-2004: Returned DS230 and checklist

11-08-2004: DS230 and checklist received in Montreal

11-18-2004: Receive Packet 4 - interview scheduled for 12-13-2004

12-13-2004: K3 received in Montreal

12-30-2004: Enter the States at Port Huron, Mich., on the way to Seattle

* AOS through Seattle *

02-06-2006: AOS, EAD package arrives in Chicago

02-11-2006: EAD NOA1

02-13-2006: AOS NOA1

04-05-2006: Biometrics appointment in Seattle

05-03-2006: EAD approval notice (by email)

05-06-2006: Receive interview notice

05-08-2006: EAD arrives by mail

06-06-2006: Interview and approval

06-19-2006: Green card arrives by mail

Congratulations!!

08/17/08: Mailed N400 to TSC

08/19/08: USPS attempted delivery

08/20/08: TSC received N400

08/21/08: TSC cashed check

09/02/08: Received NOA...........Priority date: 08/20/08

..............................................Notice date : 08/22/08

09/02/08: Received Biometrics Notification

09/18/08: Biometrics completed - Charlotte DO

10/24/08: Received Interview Letter

12/08/08: Interview @ 1:00pm. APPROVED!

01/05/09: Oath Ceremony 10:00AM. Now officially a USC!!!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

01/17/09: Applied for US Passport and passport card

01/28/09: Received US Passport

01/29/09: Received US passport card

01/29/09: Received naturalization certificate back from passport office

Congrats! About time! :)

Abby (U.S.) and Ewen (Scotland): We laughed. We cried. Our witness didn't speak English. Happily married (finally), 27 December 2006.

Latest news: Green card received 16 April 2007. USCIS-free until 3 January 2009! Eligible to naturalize 3 April 2010.

Click on the "timeline" link at the left to view our timeline. And don't forget to update yours!

The London Interviews Thread: Wait times, interview dates, and chitchat for all visa types

The London Waivers Thread: For I-601 or I-212 applicants in London (UK, Ireland, and Scandinavia)

The London Graduates Thread: Moving stateside, AOS, and OT for London applicants and petitioners

all the mud in this town, all the dirt in this world

none of it sticks on you, you shake it off

'cause you're better than that, and you don't need it

there's nothing wrong with you

--Neil Finn

On second thought, let us not go to Camelot. 'Tis a silly place.

--Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Congrats :dance:

*Karen -- Jamaica ....... Courtney -- New Jersey*

09-12-05 - AOS filed

04-21-06 - AOS Interview

04-27-06 - Approval

05-17-06 - Green Card in hand

02-11-08 - File to remove conditions

03-15-08 - Biometrics

03-18-09 - Approved - No interview (Card production ordered)

03-24-09 - 10-year card arrives!

adaf8672.gif

JimminiCricket.jpg

congrats on success

PARENTS JOURNEY

Dec 10 - sent I130 for Mom & Dad

Jan- Recd NOA1

Feb- Recd RFE for missing BC

Mar- Recd RFE for missing BC

Apr- NOA2 Case approved

May- NVC case #

May- paid $88 AOS FEE

So glad to hear it went well in the end! I think you charmed the officer with all your wonderful pictures :) I was amazed when our officer actually took the time to LOOK at them. I was almost sure they wouldn't even bother.

Congrats to you and yours!!

Wohoooooo Lily :D Congratulations :dance::star:(F) I'm hoping to get "officer Rice" to interview us next week. He sounds nice :thumbs: Thanks for sharing the experience and telling us about all the details :) It's still snowing here in SLC btw... :blink:

3dflags_fin0001-0001a.gifSanna and Daniel's journey3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

December 13, 2007 - I-751 submitted to NSC (removing of conditions fun begins...)

December 22 - Received a rejection notice because the form was not "properly signed". Package itself was not returned.

January 1, 2008 - Received packet back from CSC. They are requesting we resubmit the packet (which is already organized by CSC) with a properly signed form.

January 2 - Packet resubmitted to California.

January 12 - NOA1 received (dated 01/07/2008)

January 19 - Biometrics appointment notice received (dated 01/15/2008)

February 1 - Biometrics

March 11 - Approved! Card production ordered (notified via e-mail).

March 20, 2008 - New card arrived in the mail :)

Done until 2018 :)

For more details including K1 and AOS journies check out "Our story" in my profile =)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.