Enlighten one :)

Husband Called Cops on me

39 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Ok,

I posted my story in another forum. Here is the quick and dirty version.

I ended the relationship about 8 weeks ago.. Told my husband he could stay as a roomate or move to AZ wtih brother. He pretended he wanted to stay. Two weeks later he tried to start a fight with me. Well I wanted the rent money and I was not having it. He tried to bate me. I left to pick up my son from football practice. When I returned he was gone. I went outside to see if he was sitting on the porch and there was a cop standing outside. Stating he was called because me and my husband were fighting and my husband wanted to get his stuff out of the house. Now mind you I told him he coudl leave two weeks ago.

He might just use this to prove he was at my house and the relatiionship didn't work. I found the following evidence in his "locked Suit case"

1. An email between him and his brother talking about him trying to get to Canada, his brother saying he would pay someone to marry him so he could come to the us. That he should get a new passport so Canada did not know he tried to come to the US on a student VIsa.

2. An email where his brother asked him if he got a Divorce.

3. An email after we met where his brother stated he wanted to talk to me. Asked my husband what he had told me already, because he did not want to contradict anything. He asked if he told me he was married. My husband claimed he never was. Asked my husband what he told me he did for work.

I hyjacked my husband;s email account and found a first class plane ticket for Oct 25th. This would dispute a claim of VAWA. My husband also had a credit card he did not tell me about, which I have a copy of. He had his drivers license and has been through CNA school. Anyone who was abbused would not be afforded these luxuries. He might not claim that though. He might just use the policy report. Found an email of him communicating iwth a woman he met at the LIbrary. Where he did not claim we were married.

Found an email of him communicating with his brother regarding the interview process. Can be innocent allone but add impact with everything else.

OK. another question I need feed back on. OUr Marriage Cert. does not have my legal name. it states Missy (nick name) M (my middle initial is "V" for violet), but does have my last name. He did not post our marriage legally on the board has his country requires. I am sure he palmed some hands to get this marriage done.

Can I deny the marriage is legal?

Thanks for any feed back.

<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I'm sorry to hear what you are going through now after all you obviously went through to get him here... yes seems the legality of your marriage could be disputed... wish i could be more helpful :bonk: what a jerk !

event.png

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

mrs. j, i am so sorry for what has happened. you have always been a great support for people on here. just wish there was something i could do or say. you are in my thoughts and prayers (F) please be safe.

Give Generously, Live Fully, Laugh Often, Love Completely...AND PRAY ALWAYS!!!

He is home!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

If you think that he used you to get a Green Card then I would contact USCIS and let them know about this.

Best of luck to you.

N-400

10/26/09 Sent application to Lewisville TX.

10/27/09 Rec'd Application signed by B. Conteh

10/29/09 Check cashed

11/02/09 Rec'd NOA date showing 10/29/09

11/09/09 Rec'd letter Bio Appointment

11/17/09 Bio Appointment 8am

11/20/09 Called FBI-Prints were sent back to USCIS same day.

12/03/09 Rec'd email from USCIS that the RFE was a mistake.

12/04/09 Rec'd email from USCIS saying that I have been transferred for an interview.

12/07/09 Rec'd letter for interview on 1/11/10 @11am in Fairfax, VA.

01/11/10 Interview completed. Passed test decision can't be made.

03/02/10 Contacted Senator's office...No reply yet!

03/04/10 Senator office called says can take up to 120 days.

04/12/10 Service request filed.

05/12/10 Contacted Senator's office again.

05/12/10 Told over the phone that I was approved. Believe it when I see it!

06/04/10 Senators office tells me the adjudicator who interviewed me thinks I have a criminal record. Send out all paper work showing no criminal record.

06/08/10 Leave for Canada

06/09/10 Get RCMP certificate showing no criminal record. Fax off to senators office.

06/23/10 Approved for Citizenship

06/24/10 USCIS contacts Senators office

06/28/10 Find out that I have been approved for citizenship and they are just waiting to schedule my oath.

07/12/10 Put in line for oath ceremony....wonder how long that will be!

08/18/10 Called USCIS confirmed they sent oath letter for 09/17/2010 at 9am.

09/17/10 Oath ceremony at 9am..... US Citizen!!!! Applied for passport.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Get a copy of that police report.

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

This is shocking!!!!!!!!! I really sympathize with you right now and hope you get through this season. It's a shame that this is happening after everything you have been through and you have been such a support to us in our journey. I pray all works out well for you. [i thought he was a pastor] Interesting!!

K1 Journey:

3/12/09 - Sent I129F

3/16/09 - Check cashed

3/19/09 - Received hardcopy of NOA1

8/19/09 - NOA2 [online] Thank God!!!!!

8/24/09 - NOA2 hardcopy received!!!

8/25/09 - Received at NVC

8/26/09 - Forwarded to Lagos Consulate

11/4/09 - Interview date

11/12/09- Visa picked up

12/6/09 - Wedding

AOS Journey:

12/21/09- Filed AOS

1/5/2010 - Received NOA1

1/11/2010 - Received Biometrics letter

1/24/2010 - RFE for I-693

1/29/2010 - Biometrics appointment.

2/2/2010 - Sent out RFE response

2/16/2010 - Received Transfer notice to California Service Center.

2/16/2010 - AP Approved

2/16/2010 - EAD card ordered. [online notice]

2/25/2010 - EAD card received

2/18/10 - Advance Parole notice sent

3/5/10 - Advance Parole notice sent back by P.O label undeliverable

3/8/10 - Called USCIS and requested for notice to be resent

3/13/10 - Received Green card approval notice online

3/19/10 - Received hard copy of Approval Letter and Green card. Yay!!!! see you all in 2012

12/12/11 - Getting all the paperwork ready for Removal of Conditions. [Can't believe it's that time already]

12/15/11 - Sent off paperwork with tracking

12/19/11 - Received at VSC

12/21/11 - Check cashed

12/22/11 - Received I797,Notice of Action

12/31/11 - Received Biometrics notice

01/20/12 - Biometrics Appt.

09/15/12 - I797 Notice of Action Approval Decision

09/19/12 - Notice received via USPS and Online

09/22/12 - Green card Received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

What registry did you go through. I would have someone go look at the books and see if the marriage is entered in the books. You mentioned something about a divorce , If he wasn't divorced from a court marriage then your marriage is void. Did he/you do the required posting before the marriage ? Did you make a copy of his emails that you found in his suitcase ?

First visit:2007-09-12 to 2008-09-23

I-129F Sent : 2007-11-24

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-11-30

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-03-31

NVC Received : 2008-04-21

NVC Left : 2008-04-23

Consulate Received : 2008-04-28

Packet 3 Received : 2008-05-20

Interivew date : 2008-08-07 CO asks inappropraite questions

His father died: 2008-08-18

Retain Marc Ellis 2008-09

Visited Nigeria again: 2008-11-12

petitioned returned to CSC :2008-11-27

returned to USA 2008-12-13

His father buried 2009-01-03

picks up K1 visa Nov 2009

Marriage Dec 2009

take throne as Igwe /Lolo 2010 or 2011

Timeline

I have all the emails i found in his suit case. I have a copy of the first class plane ticket. copy of a credit card he never told me he had.

When we were first talking about getting married.. I was not sure if i wanted to do this. He asked for my information to post on the board like birthdate and I would not give it to him. ONe of my many moments of doubt. He said do not worry, he would make it work. He said he could have his pastor mary us, but I now know he still needed to post. I remember seing the wrong birthday date someplace.

My name is Melissa V Ayotte the marriage cert says Missy M Ayotte. When I thought the marriage was real, I was willing to overlook this minor problem.

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

Timeline

He told Immigration he was never married.

On a Student visa application he claimed to be married. During his interview he told them it was a marriage by tribal and no documentation. I have a copy of the student visa found in his suit case.

But his brother asked him in an email before we even met..did you divorce her. He said do not get involve with any nigerian woman again. I will find someone to mary you in America or Canada.

Timeline

Ok, I do need to get a copy of the Policy report.

When the cops was there. Right away I told him that my husband his here on a temp GC and he just called you to prove that he was being abused or afraid of me so he can ROC on his own. Cop seen that I wasn't even mad. I knew what my ex was up to. When I followed my husband into the house, when he returned. The cop seen that I wasn't even irrate. I said to my ex why did you do this infront of Elijah. You could have left tomorrow while we were at work and school. Then he proceeded to show the cop the suit case I cut into. Why did he need the lock.

The cop then said...HUrry up, I have stuff I could be doing. I said ..yeah here you are using the cops time when someone could be getting robbed or murdered. He is here to protect the community not watch you pack. Then when he was outside I followed and said can I have the house key. My ex hesitated the cop said...in a aggrivated town... give her they key. you wanted to leave.

I could tell he was frustrated and believed me, but I never collected the report.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Ok, I do need to get a copy of the Policy report.

When the cops was there. Right away I told him that my husband his here on a temp GC and he just called you to prove that he was being abused or afraid of me so he can ROC on his own. Cop seen that I wasn't even mad. I knew what my ex was up to. When I followed my husband into the house, when he returned. The cop seen that I wasn't even irrate. I said to my ex why did you do this infront of Elijah. You could have left tomorrow while we were at work and school. Then he proceeded to show the cop the suit case I cut into. Why did he need the lock.

The cop then said...HUrry up, I have stuff I could be doing. I said ..yeah here you are using the cops time when someone could be getting robbed or murdered. He is here to protect the community not watch you pack. Then when he was outside I followed and said can I have the house key. My ex hesitated the cop said...in a aggrivated town... give her they key. you wanted to leave.

I could tell he was frustrated and believed me, but I never collected the report.

It was just ONE report, right? And, no one left in handcuffs or anything. No angry exchanges?

I wouldn't worry about that at all. Get your stuff together and take care of the rest of it.

I'm so sorry.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Why would a person get a print out of those e-mails which seems like a casual (and definetely something illegal) conversation and keep them. There is nothing in those e-mails requires him to kepp a copy of it?

Your marriage certificate (lets call it draft) has to be given at the ceremony and you will get official copy in the mail. Where did you get married.

If you guys are both Nigerian it shouldn't be diffucult to get his marital status from your consulate. You can just claim that you are going to register your marriage onto his countyr (which is yours too) a nd they have to pull up his record....

Is there something you are afraid or you don't want to tell? I am not accusing you! I just don't quite understand why you are not going to police or USCIS and ask their opinion before us?

September 5th 2007 Married in the U.S

October 15th 2007 documents were recieved

Nov 25th 2007 biometrics

Dec 17 2007 work authorization

Feb 26 2008 interview and approval

25 Nov 2009 I-751

27 Nov 2009 NOA

11 Dec 2009 Biometrics (early bio)

31 Dec 2009 touch (web site indicates last update)

Timeline

I am american USCIS.

I am going to immigration. I want to give them a copy of the certificate. I just curiouse is why. He will get reported. I am not sure what he is doing. If he files VAWA then where do I send this. ROC doesn't happen for him until next September 10. 3 months before the 2 year mark is what I read.

I do not know why he kept these emails. I am sure his brother is pissed. He kept a lot of things that he printed out. He used an internet cafe, so he printed a lot of correspondance to read later.

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm incredibly sorry to hear that. Exs have the tendency to do really dumb stuff. I wish you all the besti n this, I know it's not much and I wish I could offer you more but I'm still pretty green with everything and the forum but know you're in my thoughts.

Timeline

Thanks for the sympathy all. I have had time to process. I am doing great. I hvae accepted and grown and appreciate the process.

Yes he was a Pastor. I have read correspondents, emails he has had with the church he worked at. This was not a lie, but in his coutnry less then a year course will get you the certificate to become a pastor. He woke up prazing and praying to God.. he spent his free time reading christian inspired books and aurthurs, and went to bed the same way he woke up.

This is shocking!!!!!!!!! I really sympathize with you right now and hope you get through this season. It's a shame that this is happening after everything you have been through and you have been such a support to us in our journey. I pray all works out well for you. [i thought he was a pastor] Interesting!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.