15 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone,

I'm here to share the good news! Our AOS has been approved and the best part is that we'll be USCIS free for at least 21 months! Woohoo! :dance:

Anyways, had our interview at the LA Office. My appointment was scheduled for 9:45 AM but arrived there at around 9:50 AM. :blink: Well, the reason was we took the wrong exit at the 10 freeway - merged out of the 101 and exited somewhere near Echo Lake park. Took the sidestreet (Glendale Blvd then Temple) from thereon and at last arrived at the USCIS building. :bonk:

Tip # 1 - Leave early! We had a 1 hour headstart but was still late. The 10 freeway is usually packed at that time so take the carpool lane if possible. Also take 10 freeway thru and thru and exit at Los Angeles St.

Tip # 2 - Bring a map with directions to the building. A GPS would be the best way to go though - this is in case you get lost. We had a GPS alright but somehow the car plug did not work. I brought a map with me but it only had the directions from our home to the USCIS building. Good thing I brought my laptop (I have a Verizon Wireless Card) and googled the directions from where we got lost to the USCIS building.

Once we got to the building we realized that there was no parking.

Tip # 3 - Parking is located at a parking structure at the back of the USCIS building. What we did was go around the building and you'll see a gray parking structure there. You can park there and walk to the building. Fee is 5 bucks and 3 bucks (i think) after 2 PM.

Tip # 4 - Leave all electronic devices at your car.

Entrance to the building is at the front (adjacent to Los Angeles Mall). Fall in line on the blue line, show your appointment letter and as usual, there will be frisking and bag x-rays and well, you know the routine (read: Tip # 4). The lady guard there was kind of b@!#@!$ but that didn't dampen our spirits hehehe! Elevators are found on the left and right side of the building. There is also a cafeteria in front in case you need to grab a quick bite.

Once your are up the 8th floor, go to Window 1 and leave your appointment letter there. Then take a seat, relax and wait for your name to be called. We waited for about 30 minutes before our name was called. No food and drinks allowed but I saw some drinking soda and eating something. My wife and I chose to chew gum instead... :whistle:

We were called in by a lady consul (she was Korean) and she brought us to her office inside. She introduced herself and asked us to remain standing to take our oath. It was smooth sailing after that - the consul was nice and had already reviewed our file even before the interview. She asked us for our drivers license, my wife's passport, my wife's naturalization certificate and my passport. She also asked for any evidence that will prove our relationship. In our case we gave her a bunch of pictures we have from way back when until the present day. We also gave her a copy of our bank account statement. She asked for our car insurance but we were not able to provide it because it didn't have our names on it (it had my in laws names on it) and just explained this calmly to her. She also asked for our paystubs and employment certificates (we're both working already). She also asked for my I-94 and EAD card. She xeroxed everything (except for the copies) and gave everything back to us.

As far as I can remember, these are the questions that she asked: Where do I live, when is my birthday, questions about our relationship - where we met, how many years did we go steady, when did we start to date, how many years have we been married...she also asked what were our majors during college, what were our professions, where we work and lastly the infamous string of "are you a communist?" kind of questions...

The most memorable part of the interview was when the consul asked my wife to give a good reason why she should grant me a green card...and she answered "because I want to spend the rest of my life with him and...I love him..." (awww, tart, I love you too... :blush: ). I think that was the clincher!

After that, she gave me 2 papers - one telling me that my I will receive my green card in 90 days in the mail and the other reminding me when to file my removal of conditional status.

As for the documents I brought, just make sure you have everything that was listed on the appointment letter. Do not forget to make copies.

Well, for those who haven't had their interview - Good luck! J.A.P.A.N. - Just Always Pray At Night. Hehehehe! :star:

2-0. In favor of the boys.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Congratulations. :) And thanks for sharing the details with us.

K-1, AOS, ROC
2007, 2009, 2011

Naturalization

2016-05-17 - N-400 package sent

2016-05-21 - NOA1 (IOE receipt number)

2016-06-15 - Biometrics

2016-11-08 - Citizenship interview in Detroit: approved
2016-12-16 - Oath ceremony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Congrats and thanks for sharing. Best wishes. :thumbs:

animated%20usa%20flag1.gifanimated%20thailand%20flag.gif

Thai Style USA

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our Links:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=106...amp;ref=profile

https://www.facebook.com/groups/223365857736847/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/411770628885582/

http://www.thaiworldnetwork.com

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Congrats and thanks for sharing. Best wishes. :thumbs:

animated%20usa%20flag1.gifanimated%20thailand%20flag.gif

Thai Style USA

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our Links:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=106...amp;ref=profile

https://www.facebook.com/groups/223365857736847/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/411770628885582/

http://www.thaiworldnetwork.com

Congratulations!!! :dance: :dance: :dance:

K1 Timeline

02/26/2007 - Filed I-129F

03/08/2007 - NOA1

06/05/2007 - NOA2

09/10/2007 - Interview

09/13/2007 - Visa Received

12/14/2007 - Flight to USA, POE-LAX

02/22/2008 - Wedding Date

AOS

05/29/2008 - I-485 received at Chicago Lockbox

06/19/2008 - Biometrics

08/25/2008 - Card production ordered

08/30/2008 - Green Card received

ROC

07/15/2010 - Mailed I-751 to CSC

07/19/2010 - NOA1

07/21/2010 - Check cleared

08/11/2010 - Biometrics

08/24/2010 - Card production ordered

08/27/2010 - Approval notice received

08/30/2010 - Green card received

N400 - Naturalization

08/08/2011 - Mailed N400 to Phoenix, AZ lockbox

08/12/2011 - NOA

08/15/2011 - Check cashed

09/07/2011 - Biometrics

09/09/2011 - Case status update - In line for testing & interview

09/13/2011 - Case status update - Interview scheduled

09/16/2011 - Interview appointment letter received from the mail

10/31/2011 - Test/Interview - Passed

12/07/2011 - In line for Oath Ceremony Scheduling

01/27/2012 - Oath Ceremony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
congratulations :D !!!!!

2008-05-06 I-129F sent

2008-05-10 Delivered to NVC 3:12pm

2008-05-20 NOA1

2008-05-23 Touched

2008-06-26 Touched

2008-06-27 Touched

2008-09-07 NOA2

2008-09-11 Received at NVC

2008-09-12 Left NVC

2008-09-18 Consulate received

2008-09-25 Pkt3 Received

2008-09-28 Pkt3 Returned

2008-09-30 Pkt4 Received

2008-10-09 Interview

2008-10-13 Medical

2008-10-24 Visa Received

2008-10-30 Fying home to my Jonathan

Filed: Timeline
Hi Everyone,

I'm here to share the good news! Our AOS has been approved and the best part is that we'll be USCIS free for at least 21 months! Woohoo! :dance:

Anyways, had our interview at the LA Office. My appointment was scheduled for 9:45 AM but arrived there at around 9:50 AM. :blink: Well, the reason was we took the wrong exit at the 10 freeway - merged out of the 101 and exited somewhere near Echo Lake park. Took the sidestreet (Glendale Blvd then Temple) from thereon and at last arrived at the USCIS building. :bonk:

Tip # 1 - Leave early! We had a 1 hour headstart but was still late. The 10 freeway is usually packed at that time so take the carpool lane if possible. Also take 10 freeway thru and thru and exit at Los Angeles St.

Tip # 2 - Bring a map with directions to the building. A GPS would be the best way to go though - this is in case you get lost. We had a GPS alright but somehow the car plug did not work. I brought a map with me but it only had the directions from our home to the USCIS building. Good thing I brought my laptop (I have a Verizon Wireless Card) and googled the directions from where we got lost to the USCIS building.

Tip # 3 - Parking is located at a parking structure at the back of the USCIS building. What we did was go around the building and you'll see a gray parking structure there. You can park there and walk to the building. Fee is 5 bucks and 3 bucks (i think) after 2 PM.

Entrance to the building is at the front (adjacent to Los Angeles Mall). Fall in line on the blue line, show your appointment letter and as usual, there will be frisking and bag x-rays and well, you know the routine (read: Tip # 4). The lady guard there was kind of b@!#@!$ but that didn't dampen our spirits hehehe! Elevators are found on the left and right side of the building. There is also a cafeteria in front in case you need to grab a quick bite.

Once your are up the 8th floor, go to Window 1 and leave your appointment letter there. Then take a seat, relax and wait for your name to be called. We waited for about 30 minutes before our name was called. No food and drinks allowed but I saw some drinking soda and eating something. My wife and I chose to chew gum instead... :whistle:

We were called in by a lady consul (she was Korean) and she brought us to her office inside. She introduced herself and asked us to remain standing to take our oath. It was smooth sailing after that - the consul was nice and had already reviewed our file even before the interview. She asked us for our drivers license, my wife's passport, my wife's naturalization certificate and my passport. She also asked for any evidence that will prove our relationship. In our case we gave her a bunch of pictures we have from way back when until the present day. We also gave her a copy of our bank account statement. She asked for our car insurance but we were not able to provide it because it didn't have our names on it (it had my in laws names on it) and just explained this calmly to her. She also asked for our paystubs and employment certificates (we're both working already). She also asked for my I-94 and EAD card. She xeroxed everything (except for the copies) and gave everything back to us.

As far as I can remember, these are the questions that she asked: Where do I live, when is my birthday, questions about our relationship - where we met, how many years did we go steady, when did we start to date, how many years have we been married...she also asked what were our majors during college, what were our professions, where we work and lastly the infamous string of "are you a communist?" kind of questions...

The most memorable part of the interview was when the consul asked my wife to give a good reason why she should grant me a green card...and she answered "because I want to spend the rest of my life with him and...I love him..." (awww, tart, I love you too... :blush: ). I think that was the clincher!

After that, she gave me 2 papers - one telling me that my I will receive my green card in 90 days in the mail and the other reminding me when to file my removal of conditional status.

As for the documents I brought, just make sure you have everything that was listed on the appointment letter. Do not forget to make copies.

Well, for those who haven't had their interview - Good luck! J.A.P.A.N. - Just Always Pray At Night. Hehehehe! :star:

Hi MariEnMichelle,

I have a question regarding your interview. You mentioned that the lady asked for your and your spouse paystubs. Were you asked to bring them when you got your interview letter? As far as I know, they usually only ask for the USC spouse to bring W2's and paystub, but not the non-immigrant spouse's paystub. And...what is employment certificate?

:dancing::dancing::dancing: Congratulations!

K1

10/02/2007 ~ Sent I-129F to CSC

2/27/2008 ~ NOA2!!! (148 days)

5/27/2008 ~ Interview --- APPROVED!!

5/28/2008 ~ Visa in hand (239 days)

7/17/2008 ~ POE Portal, North Dakota

7/26/2008 ~ Marriage

AOS

8/26/2008 ~ Sent AOS/AP/EAD to Chicago lockbox

9/18/2008 ~ Biometrics in St Louis

9/22/2008 ~ Transferred to CSC

11/05/2008 ~ AP/EAD approved (71 days)

1/20/2009 ~ AOS approved!!! (147 days)

1/29/2009 ~ 2-year GC arrived (156 days)

Removing Conditions

11/18/2010 ~ Sent I-751 to CSC

11/19/2010 ~ I-751 delivered to CSC

11/19/2010 ~ NOA1

12/10/2010 ~ Received biometrics letter

12/21/2010 ~ Biometrics in St Louis

12/29/2010 ~ Touch

1/04/2011 ~ Case status finally available online

2/16/2011 ~ Approved!! (89 days)

2/22/2011 ~ 10-year GC arrived (95 days)

Hi Everyone,

Hi MariEnMichelle,

I have a question regarding your interview. You mentioned that the lady asked for your and your spouse paystubs. Were you asked to bring them when you got your interview letter? As far as I know, they usually only ask for the USC spouse to bring W2's and paystub, but not the non-immigrant spouse's paystub. And...what is employment certificate?

Well, no but bring yours too if you are working. This is evidence that releases your spouse from the financial responsibility stated on the waiver on your Affidavit of Support. The certificate of employment is proof that you are working for a certain company. Ask your HR rep and they'll know what to give you. Hope this helps! :thumbs:

congrats....

kaaliw naman ng story nyo:)

that should teach me to leave the house early! he he he

hehehe! thanks! :thumbs:

To Everyone!

Thank you so much! :thumbs:

2-0. In favor of the boys.

• 1 month later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

congrats ulet sis! thanks a lot for this post. this is certainly a big help for us! wooohhhhhoooo!!!

K-1 Visa Timeline

04/03/07 - Engagement Day

06/05/07 - NOA1 according to USCIS Website

10/16/07 - NOA2 according to CRIS - THANK YOU OH LORD!

01/08/08 - Embassy Interview - Thank God! Thanks VJs!

02/23/08 - POE = LAX >>> Goodbye my beloved Pinas!

03/13/08 - Civil Wedding in 90210

04/19/08 - Church wedding in Azusa

AOS Timeline

05/24/08 - NOA1 dates for I-485/AOS and I-765/EAD

07/22/08 - Biometrics Appointment at South El Monte, CA for I-485 only; Application Touched!

08/13/08 - RFE letter received in the mail

08/22/08 - Reply to RFE sent...Oh Lord, please guide us!

08/27/08 - RFE response received; Case resumed

09/13/08 - EAD card received

12/10/08 - AOS Interview in Los Angeles - APPROVED!!! PRAISE GOD FOREVER!

12/22/08 - Green Card Received - THANKS GOD!!! Thanks our VJ FAMILY!!!

Removal of Conditions Timeline

09/13/10 - Form I-751 Packet Sent thru USPS

09/14/10 - NOA1 Date (09/15/10 on the uscis website)

09/15/10 - $545 Check Cashed

09/18/10 - Received NOA1

11/04/10 - Biometrics Appointment

01/06/11 - ROC Approval Date/Card Production Ordered

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.