rsn

Plan to start K1 process - curious about a few things...

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I have known my fiance for about 8 months, and we have been in the same country 3 times, for about 1 week each (when we met, and 2 other times). I plan on filing the I-129F before I go over there for a planned 7 week visit. I want to make sure I'm not filing too early, so:

Will her chances of getting a visa be hurt by the fact that we have only been together for 8 months and have only spent a total of 3 weeks in the same place so far?

K1: 01/15/2009 (mailed I-129F) - 06/23/2009 (visa received)

AOS: 08/08/2009 (mailed I-485, I-765, & I-131) - 10/29/2009 (received GC)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

No, many people have filed a few months after having met. As long as you can prove that you have a legitimate relationship and the evidence to back it up, it's all good.

Diana

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
I have known my fiance for about 8 months, and we have been in the same country 3 times, for about 1 week each (when we met, and 2 other times). I plan on filing the I-129F before I go over there for a planned 7 week visit. I want to make sure I'm not filing too early, so:

Will her chances of getting a visa be hurt by the fact that we have only been together for 8 months and have only spent a total of 3 weeks in the same place so far?

Not likely... the process takes about 6+ mos... The USCIS cares about having met in person within the previous 2 years. The consulate is charged with the bonafide relationship question. So a 7 week trip (post submission) would be a benefit come interview time

YMMV

You are looking "excellent'" for the interview. They most allways as how many trips the petitioner made.

More the merrier.

Take more pictures of you, your mate and you guys with family. Pictures still number ONE at the embassy interview.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

you will be fin

Good luck and my best wishes for you

Nothing's impossible . Nothing's unreachable .When I am weary you make me stronger

This love is beautiful .So unforgettable . I feel no winter cold when we are together .

Will you stand by me ?!!!Hold on and never let me go .

Will you stand by me?!! With you i know i belong . When the story gets told .

When day turns into night .I look into your eyes . I see my future now .All the world and its wonder

This love wont fade away.And through the hardest days . I will never question us .You are the reason my only reason.

I'm blessed to find what i need in a world loosing hope. you are my only believe .

You make things right every time after time.....

Will you stand by me ?!!!

I love you so much and i miss you so much more .

anm68b54b0b16262b16.gif

you will be fine all you have to prove is that you have met in the last 2 years and you have that covered anything above that is a bonus and shows your bona fide relationship

Good luck

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Everyone: Thanks for your input. Much appreciated.

K1: 01/15/2009 (mailed I-129F) - 06/23/2009 (visa received)

AOS: 08/08/2009 (mailed I-485, I-765, & I-131) - 10/29/2009 (received GC)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
Answer (from similar personal experience): It can possibly hurt, depending on the attitude or mood of the interviewing consul or the policies of the Section Chief.

Because your fiancee's interview will occur at a higher-fraud consulate, it's prudent to include some (not an overwhelming amount of) "proof of relationship" evidence in your I-129F filing. Although USCIS does not require the inclusion of such information, its presence in the I-129F package means that the consulate cannot deny the existence of such evidence when your interview rolls around.

Include a few photos of the two of you (in different clothing, in different venues), a phone log (or copies of your phone bills), and an e-mail or chat log (barring that, a representative sampling of printouts that span the duration of your relationship). Don't rely solely on photos. Also, strongly consider collecting some one-page letters from your family/friends/colleagues that verify the length and strength of your relationship. Get no more than a couple of letters from her people. Everyone should include their full contact information.

The earlier posters may be completely right, but you must be prepared for them to be wrong.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.