Madwoman

Nairobi Consulate?

21 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline

When I first filled in my timeline, I noticed that there was no option for selecting "Nairobi, Kenya" as the consulate--it simply didn't exist! But Kenya is listed as a possible beneficiary's country--just not as a consulate :blink: This has always confused me--and it's a bit frustrating because it makes it so difficult to search for other people who have gone through Nairobi. I put "Tanzania" as my fiance's consulate, since I figured it was the closest country! Other's have put Rwanda, or even...Armenia? :huh:

What is also confusing--Nairobi IS listed under consulates that you can review.

:blink::huh::wacko:

Anyone know how we can fix this? Who can I e-mail to get Nairobi on the "list"?

thanks!

-K-1-

Apr 24th, 2008 - Proposal!!!

Jun 20th, 2008 - I-129F petition sent to VSC

Jun 24th, 2008 - NOA 1 Sent

Jul 10th, 2008 - Touched

Nov 12th, 2008 - APPROVED!!!! YEEEAAAH!!

Nov 14th, 2008 - NVC received petition

Nov 18th, 2008 - Petition leaves NVC

Nov 24th, 2008 - Petition arrives at Nairobi Embassy

Dec 23rd, 2008 - Medical Exam

Jan 7th, 2009 - Interview in Nairobi-- APPROVED!!! Visa in hand same day!

Feb 21st, 2009 - POE, Logan Airport Boston, USA -- forgot to give my fiance his I-94 # (!) Had to go back and get it when we realized

Mar 28th, 2009 - Wedding!

-AOS-

April 27th, 2009 - Mailed AOS & EAD

April 29th, 2009 - Delivered to Chicago Lockbox

May 5th, 2009 - NOA for AOS & EAD

May 30th, 2009 - Completed Biometrics at Boston Office

June 3rd, 2009 - EAD card production ordered

June 10th, 2009 - EAD arrived in mail

July 10th, 2009 - Touched

August 8th, 2009 - RFE = requesting a new I-693

August 21st, 2009 - Completed new medical

August 22nd, 2009 - Mailed RFE priority

August 26th, 2009 - CRIS e-mail: AOS approved!

Sept 3rd, 2009 - Conditional green card arrived in mail!

-ROC-

May 16th, 2011 - Applied to lift conditions at VSC

May 31st, 2011 - NOA, residence status extended for one year

Aug 16th, 2011 - Biometrics

Jan 4th, 2012 - Approved! Card is in the mail :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

I have the same problem , hope we get the Us consulate in Kenya listed.

In your Strength, I can crush an army; with my God , I can scale any wall .....2nd Samuel 22:30

For God did not give us a spirit of fear and timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self discipline}... 2 Timothy 1 :7[/i]

Set me as seal over your heart. Solomon 8:6

imgfinal2.jpg

AOS

08/03/2009 - AOS Approval

08/13/ 2009- GC in mail

ROC

09/01/2011 - Roc Approval

N - 400

06/15/2012 - Mailed N - 400 package to Phoenix

06/19/2012 - Notice of Action

07/20/2012 - Biometrics

08/20/2012 - Interview: PASSED

09/21/2012 - Oath Ceremony :)

09/21/2012 - US Citizen

RqhYvq6.jpgRqhYm4.pngRqhYm4.png

Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows James 1 : 17[/center]

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Rwanda
Timeline

I have wondered the same thing and actually sent an email to the administrators of VJ asking them to correct this. I haven't heard back from them....I think it was three of four weeks ago that I sent the email.

It does make it hard to keep up with others that have to go through Nairobi, as it serves as the consulate for so many surrounding countries.

If it can't get fixed, maybe we can start a Nairobi thread....however, it can't start with me cause I don't have the VJ skills that that would require(lol)......I still have trouble finding Igor's list and don't know how to put that personal timeline on all my posts.....

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Liberia
Timeline
I have wondered the same thing and actually sent an email to the administrators of VJ asking them to correct this. I haven't heard back from them....I think it was three of four weeks ago that I sent the email.

It does make it hard to keep up with others that have to go through Nairobi, as it serves as the consulate for so many surrounding countries.

If it can't get fixed, maybe we can start a Nairobi thread....however, it can't start with me cause I don't have the VJ skills that that would require(lol)......I still have trouble finding Igor's list and don't know how to put that personal timeline on all my posts.....

The same thing happened with the Liberian Consulate. I emailed the VJ admin more than 3 times and even started a thread. He always said he would add it, but it still isn't there and the last time I asked was more than 6 months ago.

Timeline

Hi luvhasnoborders here is the link of the igor list http://cse.ssl.berkeley.edu/igor/vjdata. To add the personal timeline just go to MY CONTROLS then under PERSONAL profile then click EDIT SIGNATURE. Hope it helps

In your Strength, I can crush an army; with my God , I can scale any wall .....2nd Samuel 22:30

For God did not give us a spirit of fear and timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self discipline}... 2 Timothy 1 :7[/i]

imgfinal2.jpg

AOS

08/13/ 2009- GC in mail

ROC

N - 400

07/20/2012 - Biometrics

09/21/2012 - US Citizen

Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows James 1 : 17[/center]

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=158479

I have posted a link from this thread in the site discussion forum where Ewok will find it easier to hopefully rectify the problem in the near future.

hi omoba...I am trying desperately to get the phone numbers for the benin city, nigerian police department, but to no avail. Do you know of anyone who can obtain them for me?...Lois

Filed: Country: Senegal
Timeline

Sorry, I have not been able to obtain it. I guess find someone who lives close and get it through them. Did you dial the number correct that someone previously gave you ? I noticed there was a 0 in front of the number. I know that calling Germany I have to leave the 0 out which precedes all area codes.Just grasping for straws here. At least you have the address, maybe you can start there.

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline
Sorry, I have not been able to obtain it. I guess find someone who lives close and get it through them. Did you dial the number correct that someone previously gave you ? I noticed there was a 0 in front of the number. I know that calling Germany I have to leave the 0 out which precedes all area codes.Just grasping for straws here. At least you have the address, maybe you can start there.

I actually have been trying to find someone close for a week now, but with now success. And yes, it is dialed correctly, but thanks for trying. I'll keep checking back..Lois

Filed: Country: Senegal
Timeline

Try a Benin city message board and ask there. Just google Benin City and some should pop up sooner or later.

I had to ask a webmaster of a Sierra Leone message board about things before and got a good response. Try the members in the Benin forum first though. Doesn't matter what type of message board it is.

Edited by Omoba

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline
It is nice to see the several people going through the Kenyan Embassy. :-) I kept wondering why it wasn't on the list also.

Yes, actually now that I think about it, is there a Kenyan Embassy thread? If not, we should start one! AND I am asking everyone who has gone through the Nairobi Embassy to please write a review and update info on the Embassy page. There is hardy anything there! It's like people get so excited after they get their visa, they forgot to drop some crumbs for those poor ones coming after them :unsure:

Guess I don't blame them though :whistle:

-K-1-

Apr 24th, 2008 - Proposal!!!

Jun 20th, 2008 - I-129F petition sent to VSC

Jun 24th, 2008 - NOA 1 Sent

Jul 10th, 2008 - Touched

Nov 12th, 2008 - APPROVED!!!! YEEEAAAH!!

Nov 14th, 2008 - NVC received petition

Nov 18th, 2008 - Petition leaves NVC

Nov 24th, 2008 - Petition arrives at Nairobi Embassy

Dec 23rd, 2008 - Medical Exam

Jan 7th, 2009 - Interview in Nairobi-- APPROVED!!! Visa in hand same day!

Feb 21st, 2009 - POE, Logan Airport Boston, USA -- forgot to give my fiance his I-94 # (!) Had to go back and get it when we realized

Mar 28th, 2009 - Wedding!

-AOS-

April 27th, 2009 - Mailed AOS & EAD

April 29th, 2009 - Delivered to Chicago Lockbox

May 5th, 2009 - NOA for AOS & EAD

May 30th, 2009 - Completed Biometrics at Boston Office

June 3rd, 2009 - EAD card production ordered

June 10th, 2009 - EAD arrived in mail

July 10th, 2009 - Touched

August 8th, 2009 - RFE = requesting a new I-693

August 21st, 2009 - Completed new medical

August 22nd, 2009 - Mailed RFE priority

August 26th, 2009 - CRIS e-mail: AOS approved!

Sept 3rd, 2009 - Conditional green card arrived in mail!

-ROC-

May 16th, 2011 - Applied to lift conditions at VSC

May 31st, 2011 - NOA, residence status extended for one year

Aug 16th, 2011 - Biometrics

Jan 4th, 2012 - Approved! Card is in the mail :)

Timeline
It is nice to see the several people going through the Kenyan Embassy. :-) I kept wondering why it wasn't on the list also.

Yes, actually now that I think about it, is there a Kenyan Embassy thread? If not, we should start one! AND I am asking everyone who has gone through the Nairobi Embassy to please write a review and update info on the Embassy page. There is hardy anything there! It's like people get so excited after they get their visa, they forgot to drop some crumbs for those poor ones coming after them :unsure:

Madwoman: I suggest we start one yet, i havent seen one. :whistle:

imgfinal2.jpg

AOS

08/13/ 2009- GC in mail

ROC

N - 400

07/20/2012 - Biometrics

09/21/2012 - US Citizen

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Burundi
Timeline

My fiancee has her K-1 interview in Nairobi this week, so I guess I'm pretty up-to-date concerning the embassy and panel physicians, to this point in the process, anyway. Some of the other people dealing with the Nairobi embassy have obviously had far worse luck than I, but I've been praying a lot, and so far, I've had nothing but good news. Some of the embassy info (hours, documents, appointments, doctors, contact difficulties, etc.) seems wrong to me, too, but I can't update the embassy info page. If you've got any questions, I'll try to check back and answer them whenever I can.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.