22 posts in this topic

They misspelled my middlename in my GC. Gosh! :crying::crying::crying:

Now we need to have it corrected. We will file Form I-90 and return the errorneous GC. How long do you think it will take? When would I get my new GC?

Anyone with the same experience, please share. Any input is very important and highly appreciated.

Thank you so much.

Edited by Bernie4Bien

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline

Well, we sent my husbands green card and I-90 in June and we are still waiting. :angry:

What we did was, made an infopass appointment, took the incorrect GC, copies of the I-485, G-325, passport, birth cert. to show it was a USCIS error. Asked for a I-551 stamp in the passport. This stamp can be used like a green card. You can work and travel with it. First one he got expired after 6 months. They told me they could not even check on the I-90 till after 6 months had passed. In Dec. we made another infopass. Was told that they never received the I-90 and GC. I told them Oh yes you did, I had delivery confirmation and produced a copy of it. They made an inquiry on it and was told we would hear something in 2 weeks (to this day we haven't heard anything) He also got a second stamp that expires in one year. Soooo when you do send the GC and I-90 make sure you have a delivery confirmation, print it out as soon as it is delivered and keep in your records. The reason being is that USPS purges all their delivery confirmations after 3 months from their computers. If I hadnt made that copy I would have been in a mess.

On part 2 question #2 of the I-90, (reason for application) check "d" My card was issued with incorrect information because of a USCIS administrative error. I have attached the incorrect card and evidence of the correct information. ( we sent copy of I- 485 application, copy of passport, copy of birth certificate, ect.)

Good luck,

Meriem (F)

glitterfy200428648Z.gif

Thank you for the info Meriem_setif.

Hubby and I will go to the local USCIS service unit near our place. Hoping they can stamp my passport and shed some light on this matter and save us a trip to Chicago. Besides, it is always a nice feeling to talk to a live person directly. If not then we have to make an infopass and drive all the way to Chicago....gosh the traffic!

I wonder why it take so long!!!???!!!! :wacko: Hopefully you will hear something about your husband's gc soon.

Well, we sent my husbands green card and I-90 in June and we are still waiting. :angry:

What we did was, made an infopass appointment, took the incorrect GC, copies of the I-485, G-325, passport, birth cert. to show it was a USCIS error. Asked for a I-551 stamp in the passport. This stamp can be used like a green card. You can work and travel with it. First one he got expired after 6 months. They told me they could not even check on the I-90 till after 6 months had passed. In Dec. we made another infopass. Was told that they never received the I-90 and GC. I told them Oh yes you did, I had delivery confirmation and produced a copy of it. They made an inquiry on it and was told we would hear something in 2 weeks (to this day we haven't heard anything) He also got a second stamp that expires in one year. Soooo when you do send the GC and I-90 make sure you have a delivery confirmation, print it out as soon as it is delivered and keep in your records. The reason being is that USPS purges all their delivery confirmations after 3 months from their computers. If I hadnt made that copy I would have been in a mess.

On part 2 question #2 of the I-90, (reason for application) check "d" My card was issued with incorrect information because of a USCIS administrative error. I have attached the incorrect card and evidence of the correct information. ( we sent copy of I- 485 application, copy of passport, copy of birth certificate, ect.)

Good luck,

Meriem (F)

Edited by Bernie4Bien

• 3 months later...

Hi there, Have you recieved any info on your I-90?

We sent ours to CA Dec 10 2007. It will be 6 months next week and still have not received anything!!! We have made an info pass appoinment for next week, hopefully they will have a decent answer!!

11-05-06 Sent I-130 to California

06-01-07 INTERVIEW

06-04-07 Received VISA in the mail. Silly Consulate issued me CR-1 instead of IR-1, no time to change it in Australia, will try to change it once in California.

06-10-07 POE SFO

06-21-07 Receive SSN#

07-12-07 Receive Green Card in the mail STILL HAD CR1 INSTEAD OF IR1

12-10-07 Finally sent I-90 asking for a new green card with correct info.

06-17-08 INFOPASS - Was told USCIS sent new green card to old address back in Jan. Will resend it but may not be able to correct error as it was made by Consulate not USCIS.

What to do now??

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Now we need to have it corrected. We will file Form I-90 and return the errorneous GC. How long do you think it will take? When would I get my new GC?

Anyone with the same experience, please share. Any input is very important and highly appreciated.

Thank you so much.

My wife's card was issued with the wrong country of origin. It took about a month to get the new one.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Hi there, Have you recieved any info on your I-90?

We sent ours to CA Dec 10 2007. It will be 6 months next week and still have not received anything!!! We have made an info pass appoinment for next week, hopefully they will have a decent answer!!

No news or whatsoever. It's been about three to four months since we sent our I-90.

We hope you will have a good answer when you talk to them next week. Please share, if you don't mind, afterwards.

Wonder what/why it takes them so long to correct it???!!!! :wacko:

Edited by Bernie4Bien

Thank you so much.

My wife's card was issued with the wrong country of origin. It took about a month to get the new one.

That was fast. Lucky for you.

It's been 3 to 4 months now and still no news from them.

Pusbrk, My husband was originally from Seattle, we could have put that as his address as his in the military. We thought it would be easier to go via CA as we live here at the moment. But it is taking too long!!!

Bernie and Bien, I will post again later when we return from our infopass appointment. I have a feeling that they never received it, then we will show them that we sent it certified mail, then they will change their story and say they sent it, and we say we never received it, then they say we have to pay a huge fee to replace it!!! And it is their screw up!!!

I hate them, they are the dumbest people in the country!!!

06-01-07 INTERVIEW

06-04-07 Received VISA in the mail. Silly Consulate issued me CR-1 instead of IR-1, no time to change it in Australia, will try to change it once in California.

06-10-07 POE SFO

06-21-07 Receive SSN#

06-17-08 INFOPASS - Was told USCIS sent new green card to old address back in Jan. Will resend it but may not be able to correct error as it was made by Consulate not USCIS.

What to do now??

My NOA for EAD has errors too, i just got it today but, i made a call and give some corrections already. I just hope that it will be okay. I just pray that you will have your correct GC sooner than you expected.

MY JOURNEY

* March 26,2008- Leave Philippines

* March 28,2008- POE GUAM....nice people...IMMIGRATION very accommodating...good ,friendly people

* March 28,2008 - Arrived Orlando, Florida

* April 02,2008- Apply SSN

* April 18,2008- BRIDAL SHOWER

* April 20,2008- Rcvd my SSN

* April 26,2008- MARRIAGE

* April 28,2008- Rcvd my Marriage Certificate Documents

* April 28,2008- Change my name to my married name SOCIAL SECURITY OFFICE

* May 01,2008- Got 2 Bank Accounts

* May 05, 2008- Rcvd my SSN with my married name on it

* May 22,2008- Got 2 Credit Card Accounts approval

* May 23-28,2008- Visit Alabama,Mississippi and Louisiana

7061.gif

* May 31,2008 - Mailed my EAD- I-765

* June 04,2008 - Notice Date Rcvd

* June 09,2008 - NOA arrived (PROBLEM:My first name spelled incorrectly)

* Aug. 02, 2008- Rcvd a USCIS letter that they corrected the typo error

Fast Forward...

FEB 12,2011 - SUBMITTED I-751 APPLICATION TO VERMONT SERVICE CENTER

FEB 22,2011 - RECEIVED NOTICE OF ACTION ON I-751 APPLICATION

We had ours sent certified mail too! That's good then, just in-case they will say they did not received it.

I noticed they made quite a bunch of typos. The long wait for application notices/approval is really so agonizing and having typos corrected is another time spent on waiting and wondering. :huh: Gosh!

Hollywood70' hope they will give a very good answer. Good luck and keep us posted.

Pusbrk, My husband was originally from Seattle, we could have put that as his address as his in the military. We thought it would be easier to go via CA as we live here at the moment. But it is taking too long!!!

Bernie and Bien, I will post again later when we return from our infopass appointment. I have a feeling that they never received it, then we will show them that we sent it certified mail, then they will change their story and say they sent it, and we say we never received it, then they say we have to pay a huge fee to replace it!!! And it is their screw up!!!

I hate them, they are the dumbest people in the country!!!

Amy, we hope things be okay with your EAD . Thanks for the prayer.

My NOA for EAD has errors too, i just got it today but, i made a call and give some corrections already. I just hope that it will be okay. I just pray that you will have your correct GC sooner than you expected.

Ok, my update. We had an infopass appointment this morning.

It turns out my new card was mailed back in Jan, about 4-6 weeks after we first sent the I-90. But it was sent to our old address even though I had completed a Ar-11 (change of address back in Aug/sep 2007). The post office sent the card back to USCIS. I don't why the USCIS didn't try to make contact with me that it had been returned or why they couldn't tell me over the phone when I called the hotline twice after Jan. I had to wait 6 months, drive down 4 hours to LA to have them say that they will send it to our current address but it will probably still have CR-1 on it!!!!

WHY???? I have proof that we were married for more than 2 years at our interview. The anwser to my WHY??? was the mistake had been made by th US Consulate, which falls under the State Department not USCIS. So USCIS cannot correct an error they made. So what are my options now? PLEASE HELP?? I will wait until they resend my card, but the officer was pretty certain that they couldn't change it as it wasn't their fault. oh, and I also got a 6 month stamp. What good is that going to do me if I have to send another I-90?? :(

Edited by hollywood79

06-01-07 INTERVIEW

06-10-07 POE SFO

06-21-07 Receive SSN#

What to do now??

Update again...

I called the military hotline at USCIS and they said the same thing " you need to talk to Dep. of State". Now I will call the Department of State in the morning and my husband will send an email to their Inspector General. Hopefully this will be all fixed soon!

:wacko:

06-01-07 INTERVIEW

06-10-07 POE SFO

06-21-07 Receive SSN#

What to do now??

This is why I chickened out of sending mine back!

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Thanks for the update Hollywood79. Hopefully this mess will be fixed soon.

As for me, I will call them today and inquire what's going on with mine. Hopefully they can give me an update and brighten my day!

• 7 months later...

hello, I have a few questions but first, here's what happened:

I just received my green card today. It's the 2 year Permanent Resident Card or Temporary Green card with conditions (my husband petitioned me)

But I noticed that the last letter on my Middle name was wrong. I looked at the application submitted by my attorney I-485, I-765 and I-130, and all had the correct spelling of my middle name. But then, when I received my biometrics appointment, I already noticed the misspelled middle name.I immediately contacted the legal assistant and she told me that i could just tell the USCIS officer when I go to my biometrics appointment to change it. So when I went to my biometrics appointment, I told the USCIS officer and he corrected it. i thought it was going to be alright. BUT then, I received my NOA for our interview and noticed the misspelled middle name again, i contacted my attorney's legal assistant again and she said the same thing. So when my husband and I got to the interview, I told the officer again. When finally I got my letter of approval with the welcome note and all, they didn't put my whole middle name just my initial so I thought it was already solved. BUT :blink: then i received my green card today and they still misspelled it!!

I called the legal assistant again and she said that it was the USCIS fault, however, if they (attorney) file the I-90 for me then I would have to pay them $300!!

My husband got quite annoyed with this. So I think that I would file the I-90 myself since I dont believe that i have to pay anything at all because it was USCIS fault... and according to the website I should not pay any filing fee.

Question 1:

Do you think I should have it replaced?

Now my other problem is My husband and I are going to move out of his parents house next week. (Question 2)What should we do first? Have a change of address or mail the I-90 form?

The legal assistant also told me to make an Info-pass to set an appointment with our local USCIS office and have a stamp on my passport. however, my passport is still the old passport and I have my maiden name on it. When I called the USCIS Customer service, the lady told me to still get an info-pass and take my passport with me and 2 passport id photos and they will provide me with some sort of temporary ID or form since I have no passport with my married name on it.

(Question 3) Is this true? (Question 4) Should I get a new passport first or give what the lady told me a shot?

I got my card from the National Benefits Center. (Question 5) It would be better to submit the I-90 form to the National Benefits Center rather than submit it through our local USCIS office right?

Thank you so much for your help!!! I hope I can hear from you guys soon..:D

LR:D :)

-------

8.20.08-married :D:D:D

10.08 - forms I-485 and I-130 submitted through lawyer

11.08- biometrics

12.2008- appointment for interview received

01.04.09- EAD card received

01.28.09- interview for AOS

02.05.09- AOS approval letter and welcome note! yey!

02.12.09- GC recieved! :D (wrong middle name spelling)

02.15.09- moving out of in-laws' house.

confused if i have to change address first or have GC corrections

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.