18 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Ok he came through JFK last week but I do not think he got that infamous EAD stamp-if he did...........I don't see it anywhere. Can anyone tell me what I should be looking for?

I also do not even know where to begin with all this-can we get him a SS card now that he has been here for a week? We will most likely get married in a few weeks-can anyone tell me what else I need to do paperwork wise in the meantime? my head is spinning-I still can't believe he is finally here!

thanks for any advise guys ;)

Edited by irishgirl73

Ni neart go cur le cheile

"Togetherness is Strength"

well, after you stop thinking 'omg - he's really here!' and hugging him....

for the ssn, i'd wait another week to be sure he's in the system. then arm yourself with the information set out here on the applying for a ssn bit and apply for it.

sorry, can't help with the stamp bit.

k

Ok he came through JFK last week but I do not think he got that infamous EAD stamp-if he did...........I don't see it anywhere. Can anyone tell me what I should be looking for?

I also do not even know where to begin with all this-can we get him a SS card now that he has been here for a week? We will most likely get married in a few weeks-can anyone tell me what else I need to do paperwork wise in the meantime? my head is spinning-I still can't believe he is finally here!

if i remember correctly, the temp EAD is a little round red stamp

go ahead and fill out the SS papers and go to your local office in about a week... dont wait longer in case it takes longer than usual for any reason... he could have his number in a less than 2 weeks, but it could take up to 8

check for the laws where you live and see in what time frame you have to apply for a marriage license

congratulations and good luck

Edited by keltic

"True love is falling in love with your best friend,

and only then, will you find the meaning of happiness."

tony_1.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

K-1 holders can get the SS number with or with out EAD, see the guides.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...om&page=ssn

Print this page out in case the SSA officer gives you the run around. https://s044a90.ssa.gov/apps10/poms.nsf/36f...b4?OpenDocument

You don't need to wait long, the visa in the passport is all that they need to see.

Here is mdyoung's SSA guide:

Here he comes to save the day. You know mdyoung is on the way. LOL

An alien applying for a work-authorized original SSN must present evidence to establish his or her age, identity and employment authorization.

For an original work authorized SSN request, an alien applicant must present at least two documents to establish age, identity and current work authorization.

If the immigration document, i.e., I-551, I-688B, I-766, is used to establish alien status and identity, the alien must provide another document to establish age.

When requesting an SSN card, the documents presented, as evidence must be either originals or copies certified by the issuing agency. We cannot accept uncertified or notarized photocopies as evidence.

“If the applicant has no immediate need for the SSN and the translation can be done promptly or the foreign language document is the only evidence available; have the document translated by an authorized translator and use the document as evidence.”

“If the applicant has a pressing need for an SSN, and evidence other than the foreign language document is available; request other evidence and process the application without the foreign language document.”

RM 00203.040 Reviewing SSN Evidence:

http://policy.ssa.gov/poms.nsf/lnx/0100203040#B3

GN 00301.340 Authorized Translators Defined:

http://policy.ssa.gov/poms.nsf/lnx/0200301340

If a foreign-born person has the foreign birth certificate (BC) in his/her possession or can easily obtain a copy, he or she must submit it as proof of age. When a person is foreign-born, a BC may not exist, may not have been recorded shortly after birth, or the probative value of the document may not be high. In these situations, we can accept alternative evidence of age in order of probative value. The alternative evidence of age may be less than a year old, e.g., a DHS document or passport.

You can find detailed information regarding evidence that establishes age on the SSA Website at:

http://policy.ssa.gov/poms.nsf/lnx/0100203110

The documents acceptable as evidence of identity are now based on three factors: (1) the applicant’s age, (2) the applicant’s citizenship/alien status, and (3) the relative probative value of documents.

Any document used to establish identity must meet the following criteria:

-- The document provides information the reviewer can compare with the

data on the form SS-5 (e.g., the person's name, as well as age, date

of birth, or parents' names) and/or

-- The document provides information the reviewer can compare with the

applicant (e.g., physical description, photograph).

NOTE: A non-picture identity document should have the person's name as well as information that can be compared to the SSN record, the applicant or other documents submitted (e.g., age, date of birth, or parents' names).

A recent or current identity document is up to date, unexpired or new. If a document does not have an expiration date, it should have been issued within the past two years.

However, the acceptability of an identity document must be evaluated on a case by case basis by the office processing the application, taking into consideration the applicant's situation and exploring what evidence is available for the person.

You can find detailed information regarding evidence of identity for an SSN Card on the SSA Website at:

http://policy.ssa.gov/poms.nsf/lnx/0100203200

Employment Authorization Documents:

-- I-688B

-- I-766

-- I-551 (Stamp or card)

Normally, an SSN card should be received in the mail within two weeks after the application and document(s) have been received and verified.

When an alien requests an SSN or replacement/corrected SSN card, SSA will verify his or her documents and current status with the appropriate Bureau of the Department of Homeland Security. If verification is not available through the Systematic Alien Verification for Entitlements (SAVE) system, SSA will send Form G-845 for manual verification.

RM 00203.720 Verifying Immigration Documents:

http://policy.ssa.gov/poms.nsf/lnx/0100203720

If the SSA office does send the G-845, suggest that you go back to the SSA office no more that once week with your documents to (1) ask them to check SAVE again (2) ask if they sent a G-845 (3) if yes, did it come back (4) after 30 days ask if they have followed up on the G-845 by calling or sending another mark “second request.”

http://policy.ssa.gov/poms.nsf/lnx/0100203735

RM 00203.735 Requesting Online (Primary) Verification By SAVE

You can try calling the SSA Regional Office if you have waited at least 30 days and your local SSA office doesn't seem to be concerned about following up on the G-845

http://www.ssa.gov/otherssasites/

Refer them to:

http://policy.ssa.gov/poms.nsf/lnx/0100203740

RM 00203.740 Requesting Additional (Manual) Verification By DHS

Step 6

DHS should respond to SSA within 15 federal work days after receiving the Form G-845. If DHS does not respond within 15 federal work days from the receipt of the G-845 from SSA, follow-up with the DHS, USCIS Immigration Status office. (Allow 15 days plus five additional federal work days of mail time for the G-845 to be received at and returned from DHS. Follow local practice to follow-up with DHS.

Some SSA offices have an arrangement with the DHS, USCIS office to telephone for the follow-up contact; other SSA offices send a copy of the original G-845 annotated “second request.”) If the DHS response is still not received within 15 federal work days after the follow-up contact (if the follow-up is by mail allow five additional federal work days of mail time for the G-845 to be received at and returned from DHS), make a second follow-up contact. If the DHS response is not received within 15 federal workdays (again, if the follow-up is by mail, allow five additional federal work days of mail time for the G-845 to be received at and returned from DHS), after two follow-ups, contact the Regional Office (RO). Also report to the RO any trend that shows a serious deviation by DHS from the above time frames. The RO will consult with central office.

All cards are mailed from Social Security Headquarters in Baltimore, Maryland to the postal address provided on the Form SS-5.

You may find additional SSN and employment information on the Internal Revenue Service Website at:

http://www.irs.gov/businesses/small/intern...=129227,00.html

Who was that masked man? LOL

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Timeline

thanks everyone-you rock! I just had him check & he DOES have the EAD stamp in his passport. I will go to the ss office next week to get him a ss#.

I can't wait for all this NEW paperwork-AOS.............here we come!!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline
thanks everyone-you rock! I just had him check & he DOES have the EAD stamp in his passport. I will go to the ss office next week to get him a ss#.

congrats and tell him welcome to the country

2005 Aug 27 Happily Married

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Good that stamp just makes it less likely to get the run-around at the SSA office.

Good luck!

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

As for the EAD stamp, here's what to look for: on the I-94 card that is in his passport (it's small and white), now look on the back and if there is a small red stamp that says something like work authorization and there would also be a date handwritten of how long he's allowed to work, basically as long as the visa is good for. If that's there, that's the EAD stamp. If you do go to your SS office just make sure that he's in the SAVE system first off and if he's not come back later. My fiance was in the SAVE system 5 days after entry. Best wishes to you both!!!

May 8, 2006 - sent 129F

May 9, 2006 - USCIS rec'd 129F

May 19, 2006 - NOA1 rec'd in mail

June 29, 2006 - Received & sent IMBRA RFE

June 30, 2006 - RFE delivered at CSC at 7:46am signed by J Arnett

July 24, 2006 - NOA2 Approved!!!!!!!

July 28, 2006 - Petition received at NVC

August 1, 2006 - Petition leaves NVC

August 15, 2006 - sent packet 3

August 21, 2006 - Medical

August 30, 2006 - Rec'd packet 4

October 2, 2006 - INTERVIEW!!! APPROVED!!!

October 4, 2006 - Visa in hand!!!

October 7, 2006 - POE at JFK and got EAD stamp!

October 21, 2006 - Received Social Security card

October 28, 2006 - Married!!!!!!

AOS/EAD

November 10, 2006 - Sent off AOS/EAD

November 16, 2006 - NOA1 for AOS and EAD

December 2, 2006 - Biometrics for AOS and EAD

January 23, 2007 - Without any touches, we get letter for interview in March

January 26, 2007 - EAD card production ordered

January 29, 2007 - EAD touch - Approval Notice Sent

February 1, 2007 -received EAD card

February 8, 2007 - AOS touch

March 6, 2007 - AOS Interview - approved pending FBI checks

May 25, 2007 & May 29, 2007 - AOS touch- yay! it's been awhile

May 30, 2007 - email notice Welcoming New Permanent Resident

June 6, 2007 - Greencard in hand

REMOVING CONDITIONS

March 15, 2009 - Sent off I-751

April 10, 2009 - Biometrics

May 18, 2009 - APPROVAL LETTER RECEIVED!!! Without any online updates

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

If you do go to your SS office just make sure that he's in the SAVE system first off and if he's not come back later. My fiance was in the SAVE system 5 days after entry. Best wishes to you both!!!

Make sure you ask the SS office to check that you are in SAVE first. If not, don't let them proceed with your application as it will be sent for manual verification which could take up to 12 weeks. Thats what happened to me but fortunately it didn't take 12 weeks, just 2 weeks. I was really worried for those 2 weeks though.

Good luck

K-1 Visa Journey

04/20/2006 - file our I-129f.

09/14/2006 - US Embassy interview. Ask Lauren to marry me again, just to make sure. Says Yes. Phew!

10/02/2006 - Fly to New York, EAD at JFK, I'm in!!

10/14/2006 - Married! The perfect wedding day.

AOS Journey

10/23/2006 - AOS and EAD filed

05/29/2007 - RFE (lost medical)

08/02/2007 - RFE received back at CSC

08/10/2007 - Card Production ordered

08/17/2007 - Green Card Arrives

Removing Conditions

05/08/2009 - I-751 Mailed

05/13/2009 - NOA1

06/12/2009 - Biometrics Appointment

09/24/2009 - Approved (twice)

10/10/2009 - Card Production Ordered

10/13/2009 - Card Production Ordered (Again?)

10/19/2009 - Green Card Received (Dated 10/13/19)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

We got our SSN card 2 weeks after my husband got here.

Traveled to Morocco on Aug 3rd, 2005

Got Engaged on Aug 16th, 2005

Left Morocco on Aug 19th, 2005

08-29-05 Filed I129F

01-09-06 Interview Date (9am) We were not approved today, I guess we got a 221g of the damn S. Korea Police Certificate that Casablanca said we didn't need.

03/03/06 Turn in Passport at 9am

03/15/06 Visa Issued

03/31/06 Enter USA via JFK

05/15/06 Wedding for Visa

06/10/06 Mailed AOS papers

07/06/06 Biometerics Apt

07/15/06 My offical wedding day....I know .....:-)

07/10/06 Touched

08/25/06 EAD Approvel

09/01/06 EAD in Hand

09/26/06 AOS Interview (Recommend for Approval)

10-05-06 Received Welcome Letter

10-10-06 Green Card Arrived.

We are now one9d63d28.jpg.png

Timeline
Welcome Gavin!!!

It's about freaking time isn't it??? :lol:

I still can't believe he is here :blink::blink:

Hey there Irish I just wanted to sneak in here and say

Congrats to you both. :dance::dance::dance: You were always so nice peeking in on us in the waiver section. Very thoughtful of you. Hope you two are very happy and enjoy each other

Best wishes,

Baileyj

SHA ZAM!!! I-601 WAIVER APPROVED......10/13/06

11/18/06 Arrived

12/21/06 Filed for Social Security number

12/22/06 Married

01/03/2007 Social Security number arrived

01/10/07 Filed AOS

01/19/07 NOA1

02/05/07 Biometrics

2/6/07 Touch on EAD

02/07 Received RFE and returned information within 2 days

2/24/07 Transferred to California

2/26/07 Received letter (Transfer to California)

3/1/07 AOS email confirmation that case was received in California

3/2/07 AOS Touched again today but no update.

3/5/07 AOS another touch but no update.

4/5/07 EAD Touched again

4/9/07 EAD Touched.

4/10/07 EAD card ordered.

Removal of Conditions

6/8/2009 Sent I-751.

6/12/2009 Check Cashed

6/15/2009 NOA1 Received

6/25/2009 Received biometrics letter

7/13/2009 Biometrics appointment at Indianapolis Indiana

Hey Irish, good to see that you two are together at last, good luck for the future and hope you have a wonderful wedding day

[The reason god put spaces in between your fingers was so another person's hands could fill it up.

CHERISH YESTERDAY, LIVE TODAY AND DREAM TOMORROW

Life is like a song... Sing it.

Life is like a challenge... Pursue it.

Life is like a sacrifice... Offer it.

Life is love... Enjoy it.

Filed: Other Timeline
Hey there Irish I just wanted to sneak in here and say

Congrats to you both. :dance::dance::dance: You were always so nice peeking in on us in the waiver section. Very thoughtful of you. Hope you two are very happy and enjoy each other

Best wishes,

Baileyj

THE IRISH ARE COMING!!! THE IRISH ARE COMING!!!

*hee hee*

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.