• America's Largest Immigration Community!

Free US immigration self-help guides, example forms, community discussion, case tracking & estimated approval dates!

• AS SEEN:
  • Latest VisaJourney Member Visa Approvals!

• How to Use VisaJourneyJoin Today for Free!
    Who are we? For over 20 years, VisaJourney has been your one-stop immigration community for Work, Student and Family Visas (K1 & IR1 Visas), Green Cards, US Citizenship, DACA, the Diversity Lottery and all other topics. Share your experiences and relax -- you are not alone!

• Trending Immigration Discussions
      Topic   Popularity Poster
    #1 Is 6 months 180 days or 182.5? It matters!
    K1 Visa Discussion
    - popularity rating: 4140 blank avatar SobraGwapo
    #2 Please advise me with this!
    IR1/CR1 Visa Discussion
    - popularity rating: 2628 blank avatar R2DMom
    #3 Can I submit my marriage certificate RFE digitally?
    Green Card Discussion
    - popularity rating: 1064 blank avatar Artuicune
    #4 My k1 visa status changed from refused to Application Recieved ?
    K1 Visa Discussion
    - popularity rating: 944 blank avatar Rabadiady
    #5 How do I interpret Visa Bulletin?
    US Citizen Family Discussion
    - popularity rating: 576 blank avatar Lamancha

• Community Spotlight
    DV Lottery of K1 Visa - Can I file for both?
    I applied for the DV lottery 2025 and hope to be selected this year. My fiancé and I discovered that there is a fiancé visa for the USA. Do you think if we apply for the K1 visa but are selected for the DV lottery that we can stop the fiancé visa process? What are the timelines and options here :)?
    • 24 replies
    Confused about steps after marriage
    My fiancee arrived last month on K1 fiance visa and we got married yesterday. It seems from what I have seen online that I made a mistake by not getting SSN prior to marriage? I am going to the SSN office on Monday to gather more information... also worried about employment authorization and travel authorization(s). Thanks for any insights!
    • 58 replies
    N-400 interview in TWO days. Last wise words?
    Hey everyone!! My N-400 interview is in 2 days. I am so nervous!!

Any last words of advice?? Do's and don't? Anything you wished someone had told YOU? Thanks!

• 36 replies
    Divorce from non-immigrant (out of status) and financial responbsibility
    I go to court next month for another hearing... The judge previously said the "Plaintiff was financially obligated to support [my ex] while she resided in the United States." What does that mean?
    • 88 replies
    Recently filed 129F - still so many questions - here's the first
    I am a USC, my partner is Burmese.  We met in Thailand in 2022 and are starting the K1 process but we have soo many questions... Please help! :)
    • 46 replies
    Tourist visa cancelled by CBP agent.  Can we still get a CR1 or K1 Visa?
    Upon my gf's most recent arrival, her tourist visa was cancelled at the airport due to her frequent visits last year and suspicion of working here. She was denied entry and sent back same day. Is a CR1 or K1 visa process an option still? I would appreciate any advice or tips you can provide!
    • 62 replies
  • Recent Immigration Discussions
    ESTA required when traveling?
    6:20 am today

Barson

blank avatar

Read 16 Times
    2 Replies

Hi All,

do you still need an ESTA when you are travelling to the US after your interview but haven t gone through the Customs/Border protection yet to get your passport stamped?

now it s not really a problem to be safe than sorry and just renew mine.
    but could still save some $

Thanks.

View Topic

Anyone in AP processing in Karachi since early 2024
    2:40 am today

arslan_16

blank avatar

Read 33 Times
    1 Replies

My wife's H4 is in AP since last month from Karachi. We received no slip but were told on interview. Wanna create this thread to find out how long is it taking at Karachi Consulate for recent cases. Replay with interview date and last update

View Topic

K1 employment question
    1:16 am today

redsword98

blank avatar

Read 97 Times
    5 Replies

Looking to file my K1 all ready , but unemployed at the moment. Should I wait till I get a job, or get it over with and file now. And get a job before the affidavit of support comes up?. Thanks alot.

View Topic

Accidental Errors Found on Introductory Letter in I-130 Packet Submitted
    12:16 am today

MarkTanya

Read 46 Times
    2 Replies

Greetings,

I couldn't find any related topics to my question, so hopefully someone can help me.

So, I recently submitted our I-130 application packet to USCIS and we each submitted an introduction letter (per our legal consultant) stating who we are, what we both want, and why from the USCIS VISA process and signed/dated it. Unfortunately, I didn't catch this error until today, but our legal consultant's secretary accidentally sent my husband the incorrect template that had the header stating in error, "In Connection to Our I-129F" instead of "In Connection to Our I-130". My letter, of course, had the correct header but his did not. Also, when I was browsing my USCIS online account today, I noticed that those two documents were scanned and uploaded to the Documents section. I'm not sure what that means when they upload supporting documents that I submitted with the I-130 application packet, but hopefully someone can tell me why. :)

My main question is, will this pose an issue with the possibility of an RFE to resubmit a corrected one, or will they pardon it... or should I upload a scanned letter attached to an amended version or just wait?

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks!

View Topic

Did I mess up my standalone i-130?
    11:35 pm yesterday

bristermat

blank avatar

Read 63 Times
    2 Replies

Hi all,

I submitted i-130 application for my wife in June 2023.

I submitted all the supporting evidence separately(each separate pictures, separate pdf for 401k beneficiary, separate pdf of my visit to wife's country. )

I read lot of comments where people uploaded one pdf with all evidence while providing some details of the evidence.

Did I mess up? Can I upload unsolicited evidence now with one pdf combining all evidence?

Thanks

View Topic

• Follow Us

• VisaJourney Immigration Partners
  • Recent Status Updates

• EatBulaga

We are K1-to-AOS, and soon-to-be ROC filers.
      · 0 replies
    • cherine brooks

I file a K1 visa for my husband in 2021 and they refuse him, because of controlled substance and they gave 212 (a) (2) (a) (i) (ii), they claim he is inadmissible. we got married in July 2021 of the same year. and I file an I 130 in 2023, waiting on a response, I'm worried if they will denied me again.
      · 0 replies
    • Prosper_s

Category: F2A
      PD: 31 January 2019
      QD: December 2020

Been waiting for interview at Lagos consulate like forever. Please how long does it take to get an interview date? What more can I do? The waiting time is really frustrating.
      · 0 replies
    • BoyMoma

2 years late to file I-751
      I am two years late in filing my I-751 form. Here’s the situation:
      - We completely overlooked this particular form.
      - After my initial green card expired, we applied for the I-90, which has been in process for two years.
      - With the extension they provided, I was able to travel and receive my driver's license.
      - In April this year, I filed for the N-400.
      - During this entire time, I received no communication from USCIS regarding missing documentation.
      - Today, at my naturalization interview, I learned I was supposed to file the I-751.
      - After some back and forth with the officer, he still conducted my interview. He mentioned that since I am married and have children, I should not have a problem, and he asked me to submit an affidavit of explanation plus supporting documents.
      - Later today, I received a letter in my portal asking for "missing documents," specifically the I-751. They gave me four days to provide evidence of the I-751 acceptance or processing status.
      I am unsure of what to do. Please help and advise.
      · 0 replies
    • noman shahid

Hi any one can advise me USCIS denied my case because they ask for RFE and my petitioner didn't check in account and the respond time expired and USCIS denied my case . please tell me can I appeal in this scenario?? 
      · 1 reply
  • Popular Contributors