48 posts in this topic

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
So silly. He shouldn't have done any time at all.

I agree.

It's come to the point where a dog gets more empathy than a Mexican. Our priorities are out of wack.

and? :huh:

and we should go watch some Mexican fights. :P

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
It's a lame sentence. But he can't play football for at least 2 seasons so that's something.

so maybe the falcons will stand a chance now? :P

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Why dont Mexico ban ####### fights lol.

Citizenship

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

CIS Office : San Francisco CA

Date Filed : 2008-06-11

NOA Date : 2008-06-18

Bio. Appt. : 2008-07-08

Citizenship Interview

USCIS San Francisco Field Office

Wednesday, September 10,2008

Time 2:35PM

Filed: Timeline
I think punishing him is ok. I'm sure he'll be out in less than 23 months. It would probably be more useful to have him fund fight-dog rescue efforts for the rest of his life. And be required to donate a certain percentage of his income to animal rescue.

What income? lol He's done

I just wish that all stars received the justice they have so obviously earned... Whatever!!! OJ ruined it for everyone...

Edited by Sheriff Uling

[CLICK HERE] - MANILA EMBASSY K1 VISA GUIDE (Review Post #1)

[CLICK HERE] - VJ Acronyms and USCIS Form Definitions (A Handy Reference Tool)

Manila Embassy K1 Visa Information

4.2 National Visa Center (NVC) | (603) 334-0700 press 1, then 5....

4.3 Manila Embassy (Immigrant Visa Unit) | 011-632-301-2000 ext 5184 or dial 0

4.4 Department of State | (202) 663-1225, press 1, press 0,

4.5 Document Verification | CLICK HERE

4.6 Visa Interview Appointments website | CLICK HERE

4.7 St. Lukes | 011-63-2-521-0020

5.1 DELBROS website | CLICK HERE

6.2 CFO Guidance and Counseling Seminar | MANILA or CEBU

6.3 I-94 Arrival / Departure info | CLICK HERE

Adjustment of Status (AOS) Information

Please review the signature and story tab of my wife's profile, [Deputy Uling].

DISCLAIMER: Providing information does not constitute legal consul nor is intended as a substitute for legal representation.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I haven't managed to see much of the story on the news.

Whatever happened to the dogs? Were they put down or put in a shelter or adopted?

I just wonder- if a dog is trained to fight like that and it is all the dog knows, is it even possible for that dog to become a good housepet?

Edited by Stacey33

Whatever happened to the dogs? Were they put down or put in a shelter or adopted?

I just wonder- if a dog is trained to fight like that and it is all the dog knows, is it even possible for that dog to become a good housepet?

I heard the dogs were put to sleep because they were considered too dangerous to be owned as pets. It's sad. :(

05/07/2007 : I-129F Sent

05/29/2007 : NOA1

09/28/2007 : NOA2 (144 days from filing date)

11/02/2007 : NVC Received Case (35 days from NOA2)

11/06/2007 : NVC Sent Case to HCM Consulate

11/16/2007 : HCMC Received Case

11/17/2007 : HCMC Sent Packet 3

11/20/2007 : HCMC Received Packet 3

12/10/2007 : HCMC Called Fiancee (Packet 4 Sent + Interview Date)

12/18/2007 : Packet 4 Received

01/02/2008 : Medical Appointment

01/09/2008 : Interview passed!

01/29/2008 : Visa Received

02/02/2008 : POE @ SFO

Favorite Links:

K1 Process Flowchart

Vietnam Visa Seekers

Filed: Other Country: Romania
Timeline

I heard the dogs were put to sleep because they were considered too dangerous to be owned as pets. It's sad. :(

Not true. The story actually has a happy ending - or, should I say, a promising new beginning - for most of the dogs. Below is an excerpt from the Best Friends Animal Society newsletter :

December 6, 2007 : 10:30 AM ET

Judge Henry Hudson of the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia has approved a recommendation by a guardian/special master appointed by the court that 22 of the 48 American pit bull terriers connected with the Michael Vick civil forfeiture action be placed with Best Friends Animal Society.

Valparaiso University School of Law Professor Rebecca J. Huss, in a Summary Report to the United States Attorney for the Eastern District of Virginia, recommended that 47 dogs (one has been euthanized for medical reasons) be placed with eight organizations, with Best Friends receiving the most dogs (22). The next largest group would be placed with Bay Area Dog Lovers Responsible About Pit Bulls (BAD RAP) of Oakland, Calif. (10). Other organizations that would receive dogs are Richmond Animal League of Richmond, Va. (4); Georgia SPCA of Suwanee, Ga. (3); SPCA of Monterey County, Calif. (3); Recycled Love Inc. of Baltimore, Md. (3); Animal Rescue of Tidewater, Chesapeake, Va. (1); and PACK (Pit Bull Advocates for Compassion and Kindness), San Francisco, Calif. (1).

"The court has granted Best Friends the opportunity to do what it does best – provide a caring, rehabilitative home for these abused, homeless animals," said Paul Berry, chief executive officer of Best Friends. "They deserve the very best that we can give them, and we are prepared to provide a safe place for them to stay for the rest of their lives.

"The pit bull is easily the most misunderstood breed of dog in the U.S. Unfortunately, it is the very loving and loyal nature of these dogs that makes them prone to exploitation."

Huss expressed confidence in Best Friends and the other rescue organizations recommended for placement. "For the dogs that may need to remain in a sanctuary environment, although there will certainly be a period of adjustment, I believe that these dogs will not just survive, but thrive in that environment."

The report was prepared during multiple visits by Huss to Virginia, where she interacted with the dogs and their caretakers, and spoke with animal control officers and numerous rescue organizations, including Best Friends. In July, the United States filed a civil forfeiture action relating to approximately 53 American pit bull terriers located on the property of Michael Vick. The court appointed Huss as guardian/special master of the 48 surviving dogs.

link: http://news.bestfriends.org/index.cfm?page...CDA3C22E7164E5E

M & S

Naturalization timeline:

04-06-2009 N-400 sent to Phoenix, AZ lockbox

04-08-2009 N-400 delivered

04-14-2009 Check cashed

04-18-2009 NOA received (Priority Date: 4/08, Notice Date: 4/13)

04-22-2009 Biometrics notice received

05-08-2009 Biometrics appointment

05-26-2009 Interview letter received

07-07-2009 Interview appointment - APPROVED!

07-15-2009 Oath letter received

08-12-2009 Oath Ceremony @ Sacramento Memorial Auditorium

I am now a U.S. Citizen! - exactly 4 years after moving to the US

08-15-2009 Applied for U.S. Passport (regular service)

09-18-2009 Passport card received

09-19-2009 Passport book received

xx-xx-2009 Naturalization Certificate arrives back

I was surprised he got so much time. I thought a shorter sentence with more applicable deterrence might be more appropriate. He could have made a huge donation to the SPCA instead I'm thinking. Community service work would have been better as well. Now WE can pay to feed and house him for 23 months. Geesh.

Carla (F)

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
I was surprised he got so much time. I thought a shorter sentence with more applicable deterrence might be more appropriate. He could have made a huge donation to the SPCA instead I'm thinking. Community service work would have been better as well. Now WE can pay to feed and house him for 23 months. Geesh.

Carla (F)

I'm a little surprised at the sentence too, not that he doesn't deserve it. 23 months to three months, that's a travesty though. Unless someone is a complete moron and doesn't even care if they're in jail, they can almost always fulfill the requirements to get the good behavior sentence so they might as well have said he was sentenced to three months. I think at least six to a year would be better, but at least he can't play football (for now).

"I came here tonight because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible."

-Harry Burns

I'm a little surprised at the sentence, given that he probably could have been convicted of rape or assault and gotten out with less.

AOS

-

Filed: 8/1/07

NOA1:9/7/07

Biometrics: 9/28/07

EAD/AP: 10/17/07

EAD card ordered again (who knows, maybe we got the two-fer deal): 10/23/-7

Transferred to CSC: 10/26/07

Approved: 11/21/07

• 1 year later...
Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I agree.

And Michael Vick's been reinstated!

Yep, you heard it right.

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell has agreed to conditionally reinstate the former Falcons quarterback.

:dance:

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I agree.

And Michael Vick's been reinstated!

Yep, you heard it right.

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell has agreed to conditionally reinstate the former Falcons quarterback.

:dance:

:protest:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!