Simply_Uno

Petitioning for a spouse from 3rd world countries, highly scrutinized??

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

Salutations to you all,

I am fairly new here and I have been attempting to locate immigration information via the internet and immigration attorneys. Using my case specifically, I am an all-american midwesterner, specifically from chicago, Illinois. I was told that because my spouse is from Ghana (a 3rd world country), that my petition is going to be "highly scrutinized." This is due to the problems associated with someone from a developing nation having acculturation issues into a developed nation. It was also brought to my attention that during his interview, he will "have to prove that he is able to assimilate into my countrys' culture." This is disheartening to say the least, even if there is an ounce of truth to it. If some one can shed some informative light on these issues, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you all in advance.

I am all that the Potter created me to be.

I celebrate, liberate and dedicate my life to His Glory.

I Am Uno!

Welcome One.

Mosey on down to the Sub Sahara forum when you get a chance. There are a few people there with SOs there from Ghana. Good Luck on your journey

Chispas

The longer it takes to introduce yourself the less you've actually accomplished

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Welcome,

Was this information given to you from a lawyer? They tend to give you the worse case scenario for you to feel that there service is needed. I had the luxury of having a lawyer in the beginning, but I soon discovered that I was nothing but a number in his office $$. He had an assistant that did not know what she was doing and he was not following up on her work.

Out of frustration I started doing searches as you or information. These people know the process in and out and are all to welcomed to help anyone through the process. It really is how we all cope with our journey.

You are not alone in your journey with someone from a third world country. You will not be anymore scrutinized then anyone else. A lawyer does not make the process any faster then someone who files on there own.

I welcome any help and information.

May your journey be expedited and smooth. AMEN

<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Welcome to our family. I dont think that you really need a lawyer. Unless it is really, really, serious. You are in good hands with us we will try our best to help you with everything you need to know. As you can see there are more members who's SO is from Ghana. Maybe they can help you even more. I wish I knew about this site when I got started but, that's ok. It will be a long rocky road but be paient and always remember we are here for you.

4/10/07- I-129 Received Pkg

4/23/07- Received NOA-1

8/23/07- NOA-2

8/29/07- Left NVC

9/04/07- Received by Consulate

9/27/07- Pick up pkg 3&4

11/19/07- INTERVIEW DATE-APPROVED

11/27/07- Picks up visa

01/14/08- Leaves Nigeria

01/15/08- US Entry in New Orleans

02/02/08- Wedding Date

04/11/08- Send forms I-485 and I-765

04/13/08-Received AOS and EAD

04/18/08-NOA 1 AOS and EAD

05/07/08-BIOMETRIC APPOINTMENT

03/26/09- Green Card

02/11/2011- Lift conditions file date

02/14/2011- lift conditions NOA

03/09/2011- lift conditions biometrics appointment

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
Salutations to you all,

I am fairly new here and I have been attempting to locate immigration information via the internet and immigration attorneys. Using my case specifically, I am an all-american midwesterner, specifically from chicago, Illinois. I was told that because my spouse is from Ghana (a 3rd world country), that my petition is going to be "highly scrutinized." This is due to the problems associated with someone from a developing nation having acculturation issues into a developed nation. It was also brought to my attention that during his interview, he will "have to prove that he is able to assimilate into my countrys' culture." This is disheartening to say the least, even if there is an ounce of truth to it. If some one can shed some informative light on these issues, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you all in advance.

I am not sure that what your lawyer told you is accurate in terms of the acculturation etc etc. All that they are concerned about is the fact that you have an honest and true relationship and that the beneficiary is not going to become a public charge, outside of that they could care less what your husband is going to do when he gets here.

I have never heard of anyone being asked if they will be able to assimilate to American culture at the interview. That is to determine whether the person is eligible for a visa, not how they will get along in the US.

If that was the case, there are a lot of people who would not be in the US today.

Good luck and welcome :)

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Filed: Country: Senegal
Timeline

I do believe African countries and other 3. world countries are more highly scrutinized than 1. world countries. The fraud is higher.

There is more administrative processing time involved, not always but generally speaking and most interview questions seem tougher.

Not to mention home investigations in many underdeveloped countries. I have yet to hear of a European home investigation.

More time length to verify submitted documents is also an issue.

But how well he will assimilate here does not have to be proven. How could it ? Impossible.

He will have to prove that he is in a bona fide relationship and eligible to be granted a visa. Specifics about what the eligibility entails

is listed on the USCIS web site, such as free to be married, free of communicable disease, crime etc.

Filed: Other Timeline

okay, now you've done it :blink: what is a home investigation. Uno aint heard nothing about that. As my husband would say "omoba, don't give me ah broken heart".

I am all that the Potter created me to be.

I celebrate, liberate and dedicate my life to His Glory.

I Am Uno!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Wow! i have never heard this before either. It would be interesting to know who gave you that information. I do however believe that interviewees from developing nations are scrutinized much more than other countries. Its a sad case, but it happens.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Filed: Country: Senegal
Timeline

Home investigations are a well known fact in the Mena countries and some African countries. Use the search function here for home investigations.

Liberia being one embassy where they do these investigations for a fact.

Investigators, usually Nationals employed by the embassy make either announced and unannounced visits to the home, work place and

neighborhood of the beneficiary.

They ask questions of family members and friends about their knowledge of the relationship, time when the USC visited, etc.

Some find that the SO is already married or otherwise not eligible for a visa.

These investigations can also be made per phone.

A former embassy employee who was a fraud investigator told me personally that they made calls to ask for a Mrs.......when the guy was

supposed to be engaged to the USC, the Mrs. came to the phone, identifying her as such.

Do not let this concern you. If everyone is honest it will go well. Not everyone gets home visits.

These investigators are not warm and fuzzy but want to do their job and report their findings to the CO.

Don't sweat it !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.