Christmas Party for Work

134 posts in this topic

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline

Every place I've ever worked (corporate and non, I've done them both) has had spouses invited for the Christmas party. BUT even if they didn't, I'd still go...for all the reasons VDawg and Dev have said. In fact, there are many functions I go to that D will probably give a miss on...I'm digressing here, this has nowt to do with Christmas....I'm active with the local board of realtors and there are always functions. I don't think D would want to sit thru some of it, and that's fine... Or even customers' baby showers, bridal showers, crappy 'purse' parties where I've bought something just to throw it away later....these are things he can't do with me (even if he was here, lol)...but networking and building relationships IS my business, so there will be plenty of family time afterwards!

Good luck Tara!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Only monetarily. My time is a much more valuable commodity in my opinion. My family does need more "things" to have happiness.

I work to provide for them, nothing more.

But that's exactly the point. By making the right moves to make more money, you provide more for them.

Jeffery AND Alla.

0 kilometers physically separates us!

K-1 Visa Granted... Wednesday, 21 May 2008

Alla ARRIVED to America... Wednesday, 12 November 2008

russia_a.gif Алла и Джеффри USA_a.gif

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

Timeline

Wow what a generalization. And I don't want to make life better? My family does not receive the minimum because I don't work in the corporate "let's play politics" world or I politely refuse to attend a Christmas party that bans my spouse from participating. Ridiculous! :wacko:

Gupt, he doesn't care about making life better, only the minimum.

Jeffery AND Alla.

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

Filed: Timeline
Wow what a generalization. And I don't want to make life better? My family does not receive the minimum because I don't work in the corporate "let's play politics" world or I politely refuse to attend a Christmas party that bans my spouse from participating. Ridiculous! :wacko:

Gupt, he doesn't care about making life better, only the minimum.

once again, doesn't make me a corporate azz kisser for attending work events. :no:

Why don't you stop the generalizations....

Edited by devilette

Timeline

Please, please show me where I called anyone a "corporate azz kisser". Never said any thing like that. Not even close. My points are all surrounding that spouses should not be banned from corporate Christmas functions. It's wrong at a family time of the year.

once again, doesn't make me a corporate azz kisser for attending work events. :no:

Why don't you stop the generalizations....

Jeffery AND Alla.

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Poor Jeff....this is not your week. What kind of cologne are wearing?

For the record, I too wouldn't attend a company Christmas Party if I couldn't bring my spouse...unless it was more like a company meeting and then I tell my wife it's a company meeting and not a party.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Man after reading about your Christmas parties I wished I worked for some of your companies :yes:

My husband's party is tomorrow - spouses invited. We are going up to a retreat center where we will have a nice dinner, no bar at all, formal sit down type of place. We will watch a skit, listen to some people sing Christmas carols and then they will raffle off a dozen or so gift baskets of various things amongst the 300+ people. No bonuses are given at the company except for some production bonuses which add up to about $17 a month on a good day.

My company is smaller (35 or so people). This is my first Christmas here. After work one day we will all go out for "cocktails" and dinner which we have to pay for ourselves at a high end restaurant that I can't really afford. No spouses invited. No bonuses or any other type of incentive. Just dinner that we pay for with people we worked with all day that we really don't care to see on a social level.

The only people who get bonuses anytime are the upper management and the sales people. I think it sucks because I think I do just as much work (accounting/admin/customer service) but there is no incentives at all.

A girl who has worked here for 15 years was just awarded a $1000 bonus for company loyalty...give me a break...1K for 15 years of service :no:

I can't believe some of your companies are giving away 50K...I wish. It is a multi million dollar company I work with so it isn't like they are hurting for money.

Edited by Yardiewife

we gotta go next week to DH's.. we where looking forward to that last year too but i ended up going to germany so he didnt go.. but we are going this year.. the good thing about it is we can eat and drink how much we want and his stupid boss pays for it all.. :lol: i think this year its down at the beach at some fish restorante.. and i cant stand the smell of fish :wacko: lol

Edited by Joel'sWife

R.I.P. Diana 1982 - 28.08.2008

<3 WE MISS YOU <3

December 2oo7 - received 1o year GC!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
I can't believe some of your companies are giving away 50K...I wish. It is a multi million dollar company I work with so it isn't like they are hurting for money.

In the business I'm in, each employee is expected to make multi-millions for the company every year. So, the big bonuses are nice, but it is a small piece of the action. Right now, we do about 1.5 million in revenue per employee, and that is considered bad. 2 million is a more reasonable goal. (Let's say 10% of that is profit). If you make 10 million dollars for your employer, 50k seems like a small bonus to me.

2004-08-23: Met in Chicago

2005-10-19: K-1 Interview, Moscow (approved)

2007-02-23: Biometrics

2007-04-11: AOS Interview (Approved)

Timeline

It has been a rough week for me. You may have stumbled on something. The last time I had a hit of cologne was on the day I left Kazan', said see you soon (I hope) to my fiancée, and hopped on the plane for the U.S. That was back in July. Hmmmm. :lol:

I'm glad we agree. I just think it's darn tootin' bad manners to forbid spouses at a company Christmas party.

Poor Jeff....this is not your week. What kind of cologne are wearing?

For the record, I too wouldn't attend a company Christmas Party if I couldn't bring my spouse...unless it was more like a company meeting and then I tell my wife it's a company meeting and not a party.

Jeffery AND Alla.

AllaAndJeffery.PNG