AnewKINDofFEELIN

Waiting on the VSC to make a decision?

2,459 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Hey guys, I was thinking of trying to call NVC either tonight or tomorrow.

I was just trying to get a feel for how easy it really is.

From what I've read it seems to be...call the number, hit the right prompts, give EAC number...and then that's it, right?

I'm not sure.

I'm working up the courage to do the very same thing. I'm gonna try in the morning and see what happens. Hopefully, they won't bite my head off! I've been a really good girl and haven't called anyone at USCIS during this whole process. :innocent:

I only complained to the ombudsman via email! :whistle:

both of you should call!!!!!!! they're not scary at all

im sure that they have your petitions by now...mine was recieved by them in 2 business days, and sent in another 2 business days

CALL NOW!!!!! lol

Does everybody who got their approvals are on NVC or on the way to the embassies????

Do you all have your NOA2 hard copy? Just wondering...

My hardcopy should be here today or tomorrow...

But i have a question:

Of those of you that have their petitions at NVC....Did ou get a TOUCH before it was sent but AFTER your approval????????????????????????/

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I've read it seems to be...call the number, hit the right prompts, give EAC number...and then that's it, right?

I'm not sure.

I'm working up the courage to do the very same thing. I'm gonna try in the morning and see what happens. Hopefully, they won't bite my head off! I've been a really good girl and haven't called anyone at USCIS during this whole process. :innocent:

im sure that they have your petitions by now...mine was recieved by them in 2 business days, and sent in another 2 business days

CALL NOW!!!!! lol

Does everybody who got their approvals are on NVC or on the way to the embassies????

yea, the NVC is super super fast, but im still waiting because my petition is in naples, italy at the WRONG CONSULATE...booooooooooo...i did get the NOA2 hard copy though...i got it a couple of days after i saw the status update online...i dont know the exact date though, because it was sent to my mom's house and i don't live there :thumbs:

Removal of Conditions NOA: 2/24/11

Biometrics Appt: 8/15/11

ROC Approval: 9/30/11

Card Production Ordered: 10/11/11

Card Received: 10/15/11

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

But i have a question:

Of those of you that have their petitions at NVC....Did ou get a TOUCH before it was sent but AFTER your approval????????????????????????/

Yes, we got one a couple of days later. Apparently that touch indicates that it's been sent to NVC.

Gillian

I'm not sure.

CALL NOW!!!!! lol

But i have a question:

yes, i got a touch the day after my NOA2 and my petition was recieved by the NVC 2 business days after the touch...i think its 2 business days, but it could be 1 business day depending on whether or not they worked the day after thanksgiving

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I don't have my hard copy yet but I think my lawyer may have received it today b/c she emailed me.

K1

------------------------------------

07.12.07 - I-129f petition mailed

07.13.07 - I-129f received by VSC

07.18.07 - NOA1 notice

07.20.07 - check cashed

07.22.07 - touch

11.29.07 - NOA2, waited 140 days

11.30.07 - touch

12.03.07 - NVC Received

12.05.07 - NVC Left

12.10.07 - Consulate Rec'd

12.13.07 - Packet 3 Rec'd

03.13.08 - Packet 3 sent back to Montreal

04.08.08 - eligible for interview

05.13.08 - Packet 4 Rec'd

06.02.08 - Interview!

06.09.08 - Visa in hand!

06.16.08 - move date, POE via Peace Bridge, Buffalo, NY

06.20.08 - civil wedding

AOS

06.25.08 - AOS package sent

06.30.08 - received in Chicago

07.07.08 - NOA1 for 485 (AOS), 765 (EAD), & 131 (AP), rec'd in mail 07.14.08

07.09.08 - touch on all 3

07.10.08 - check cashed

07.28.08 - case transferred to CSC

08.02.08 - Biometrics

08.03.08 - touch on AOS

08.04.08 - touch on AOS & EAD

08.05.08 - touch on EAD

08.06.08, 08.07.08, 08.21.08, 08.22.08 - touch on AOS

09.03.08 - EAD approved!

09.04.08 - touch on EAD

09.05.08 - EAD card arrives in mail

09.06.08 - AP arrives in mail (no updates online or via email)

09.23.08 - touch on AOS

09.24.08 - welcome letter mailed

09.25.08 - touch on AOS

09.30.08 - AOS approved

10.01.08 - touch on AOS

10.04.08 - Green Card received

02.21.09 - "real" wedding in Montreal

Timeline

But i have a question:

Yes, we got one a couple of days later. Apparently that touch indicates that it's been sent to NVC.

Gillian

Good to know...what happens to these files AFTER approal? They get scanned to leave vermont? I noticed some were sent FAST...and some are still waiting that were approved around same time???

But i have a question:

Gillian

Good to know...what happens to these files AFTER approal? They get scanned to leave vermont? I noticed some were sent FAST...and some are still waiting that were approved around same time???

i noticed that people who were approved from VSC the same day as me were also sent to NVC on the same day as me...they must send them in clumps...nice word, ey? clumps? lol

quick side note: i love how SO MANY of us have been approved, yet we refuse to leave this thread...i feel like its my home now, i cant just pick up and leave!!!!!!! lol and everyone is so familiar, its been so freaking long

lets get the hell outta here y'all!!!!

:lol:

Edited by babybluesusie

Timeline

To the tune of I'LL BE HOME FOR CHRISTMAS

I'll be home for Christmas,

Here online with you,

There's no snow, no mistletoe,

Just approvals under the tree,

Christmas eve will find me,

Where I want to be,

On VJ I will be.....

:(

*never gets invited to parties*

*doesn't even get told they're on*

Well, you are most definitely invited! And so's your mum! :lol:

ESPECIALLY your Mum! :lol:

My Timeline:

7/27/07 VSC rcvd I-129F--8/7/07 NOA1 issued--12/12/07 NOA2 issued--12/27/07 Pkg 3 returned--2/29/08 Interview & Approval--4/1/08 POE--6/27/08 Married--6/27/08-6/5/09 Trying to figure out how to make this work--6/11/09 Submitted AOS forms--6/19/09 NOA's issued--7/21 Biometrics--7/27 Rcvd 2 of 3 Interview appt letters for 8/24--8/3 Rcvd 3rd interview appt letter for 8/28--8/5 Used infopass appt to consolidate interviews on 8/28--8/6/09 Rcvd email notification of AP & EAD approvals--8/11&12 Rcvd AP's in mail--8/14 Rcvd 1st EAD card in mail.--8/23/11 Mailed ROC Pkg.--8/24/11 NOA--10/5/11 Biometrics

My Favorite Links & Threads:

CSC & VSC K1 & K3 Recent approvals

Colombia Club Part 1 & Colombia Club Part 2

RFE List Learn from others' mistakes.

Red Flags Learn what to try to avoid or prepare to discuss and explain during interview.

HUSKERKIEV Thread Great insider tips from a former adjudicator at the Nebraska Service Center.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

I'm not sure.

CALL NOW!!!!! lol

But i have a question:

yes, i got a touch the day after my NOA2 and my petition was recieved by the NVC 2 business days after the touch...i think its 2 business days, but it could be 1 business day depending on whether or not they worked the day after thanksgiving

Yea, I got the last touch a day after my RFE and I think it means they have sent it...

"Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life's coming attractions." Albert Einstein.

05/09/07 --- NOA1

05/15/07 --- Touched

10/24/07 --- Case assigned!

10/31/07 --- Touched

11/01/07 --- RFE

11/02/07 --- Touched

11/05/07 --- Got RFE on the mail

11/09/07 --- RFE sent back to VSC

12/06/07 --- Waited enough time to RESEND our RFE

12/07/07 --- RFE received at VSC and signed by Novak....

12/10/07 --- Case received and resumed

12/11/07 --- Touched

12/12/07 --- Touched

12/13/07 --- Touched

12/14/07 --- Touched

01/02/08 --- Touched

01/02/08 --- APPROVED!!!!!!

01/11/08 --- Got NOA2 on the mail

01/12/08 --- Got NVC letter on the mail

01/17/08 --- Got packet 3

01/28/08 --- Medical

02/05/08 --- INTERVIEW!!!!

02/10/08 --- Off to NY!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline
To the tune of I'LL BE HOME FOR CHRISTMAS

Here online with you,

There's no snow, no mistletoe,

Just approvals under the tree,

Christmas eve will find me,

Where I want to be,

On VJ I will be.....

That came out great!!!!! :D

"Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life's coming attractions." Albert Einstein.

05/09/07 --- NOA1

05/15/07 --- Touched

10/24/07 --- Case assigned!

10/31/07 --- Touched

11/01/07 --- RFE

11/02/07 --- Touched

11/05/07 --- Got RFE on the mail

11/09/07 --- RFE sent back to VSC

12/06/07 --- Waited enough time to RESEND our RFE

12/07/07 --- RFE received at VSC and signed by Novak....

12/10/07 --- Case received and resumed

12/11/07 --- Touched

12/12/07 --- Touched

12/13/07 --- Touched

12/14/07 --- Touched

01/02/08 --- Touched

01/02/08 --- APPROVED!!!!!!

01/11/08 --- Got NOA2 on the mail

01/12/08 --- Got NVC letter on the mail

01/17/08 --- Got packet 3

01/28/08 --- Medical

02/05/08 --- INTERVIEW!!!!

02/10/08 --- Off to NY!!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Well, I just called DOS and talked to the most helpful and friendly guy!! He gave me the LND # but also told me it hasn't left NVC yet. He also told me all kinds of stuff about what happens next - stuff I already know, but hey - he was so nice I couldn't admit I knew all of that already! I just let him ramble on! He also told me he had petitioned for a fiance himself and that it took him 4 moinths to get her the visa and he thought that was bad! He felt bad I'd had to wait so long to get approved!

Finally, he said to feel free to call back to verify the petition was sent to London and to get interview date, etc.

My first call at all during this process was a resounding success!!!

Woooooooohoooooooo!

BUT....if you call the other number I found in another thread...the are SUPER SUPER nice and can give the SAME info.....

# 202-663-1225 and press 1, 0

That's the DOS number. They can provide the NVC package status? I thought they needed the new case number that is assigned at NVC to be able to help.

Edit:

Whoops. According to Julezabelle they must be able to cross reference the case numbers. Will wonders never cease?

Edited by Bill y Bella

My Timeline:

7/27/07 VSC rcvd I-129F--8/7/07 NOA1 issued--12/12/07 NOA2 issued--12/27/07 Pkg 3 returned--2/29/08 Interview & Approval--4/1/08 POE--6/27/08 Married--6/27/08-6/5/09 Trying to figure out how to make this work--6/11/09 Submitted AOS forms--6/19/09 NOA's issued--7/21 Biometrics--7/27 Rcvd 2 of 3 Interview appt letters for 8/24--8/3 Rcvd 3rd interview appt letter for 8/28--8/5 Used infopass appt to consolidate interviews on 8/28--8/6/09 Rcvd email notification of AP & EAD approvals--8/11&12 Rcvd AP's in mail--8/14 Rcvd 1st EAD card in mail.--8/23/11 Mailed ROC Pkg.--8/24/11 NOA--10/5/11 Biometrics

My Favorite Links & Threads:

CSC & VSC K1 & K3 Recent approvals

Colombia Club Part 1 & Colombia Club Part 2

RFE List Learn from others' mistakes.

Red Flags Learn what to try to avoid or prepare to discuss and explain during interview.

HUSKERKIEV Thread Great insider tips from a former adjudicator at the Nebraska Service Center.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

But i have a question:

Gillian

I didn't get another touch, but its there at NVC right now!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.