AnewKINDofFEELIN

Waiting on the VSC to make a decision?

2,459 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline
this sucks...I'm pissed off, sad, desperate...and 100 more adjectives...hahaha!

Probably the person in charged of my application is on vacation. I can't believe they waited 6 months to give me a RFE. I can't believe Lora waited almost 7 months and they gave her a RFE!!!!!!

This fuckin sucks!!!!

I agree with you Mirla.........Majorly F***ing sucks..........Officer Frank told me hardly anyone was at work....It took them 37 minutes to answer the phone today so I think only the new people with no time off are working.......ie.....approving September............ :bonk::help::dead:

well that may be true but I never called them once until I was at 6 months......then I started to call......so if they are upset at that then when everyone else starts to be at 6 or 7 months then it will be interesting....anyway Mel and Syl never called and they waited the longest

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
I agree with you Mirla.........Majorly F***ing sucks..........Officer Frank told me hardly anyone was at work....It took them 37 minutes to answer the phone today so I think only the new people with no time off are working.......ie.....approving September............ :bonk::help::dead:

Sounds about right. It's really absurd that we're seeing September filers approved left and right with so many june and july files left to rot.

All you need is a modest house in a modest neighborhood

In a modest town where honest people dwell

--July 22---------Sent I-129F packet

--July 27---------Petition received

--August 28------NOA1 issued

--August 31------Arrived in Terrace after lots of flight delays to spend Lindsay's birthday with her

--October 10-----Completed address change online

--January 25-----NOA2 received via USCIS Case Status Online

Timeline

I started calling when I was 4 or 5 months but like once a month or twice. Then after I sent my RFE I was calling once a week cause the status was not updated until I resend my RFE so there's no relation beetwen your case and your phone calls.

Edited by MKCT

"Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life's coming attractions." Albert Einstein.

05/09/07 --- NOA1

05/15/07 --- Touched

10/24/07 --- Case assigned!

10/31/07 --- Touched

11/01/07 --- RFE

11/02/07 --- Touched

11/05/07 --- Got RFE on the mail

11/09/07 --- RFE sent back to VSC

12/06/07 --- Waited enough time to RESEND our RFE

12/07/07 --- RFE received at VSC and signed by Novak....

12/10/07 --- Case received and resumed

12/11/07 --- Touched

12/12/07 --- Touched

12/13/07 --- Touched

12/14/07 --- Touched

01/02/08 --- Touched

01/02/08 --- APPROVED!!!!!!

01/11/08 --- Got NOA2 on the mail

01/12/08 --- Got NVC letter on the mail

01/17/08 --- Got packet 3

01/28/08 --- Medical

02/05/08 --- INTERVIEW!!!!

02/10/08 --- Off to NY!!!!

Timeline
Didn't both of you call many, many times? I'm not blaming you for calling at all, but I'm wondering if they spited you for what they saw as hassling them.

well think of this....If everyone around you in the end of July is approved and by late January or even February you have not....what will you do?????

How will you feel??????...........Pretty shitty like Mirla I think......this process sucks anyway you put it and is unfair when people are waiting from May and the idiots are approving September.......

So I will not be blaming you when you feel and say the same thing as she does

Timeline
Didn't both of you call many, many times? I'm not blaming you for calling at all, but I'm wondering if they spited you for what they saw as hassling them.

well think of this....If everyone around you in the end of July is approved and by late January or even February you have not....what will you do?????

How will you feel??????...........Pretty shitty like Mirla I think......this process sucks anyway you put it and is unfair when people are waiting from May and the idiots are approving September.......

So I will not be blaming you when you feel and say the same thing as she does

I'm not indicting anyone here. Believe me, I would have probably applied for a Canadian visa already if I was in her boat.

--August 31------Arrived in Terrace after lots of flight delays to spend Lindsay's birthday with her

Timeline
:blink:

"Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life's coming attractions." Albert Einstein.

05/09/07 --- NOA1

05/15/07 --- Touched

10/31/07 --- Touched

11/01/07 --- RFE

11/02/07 --- Touched

12/11/07 --- Touched

12/12/07 --- Touched

12/13/07 --- Touched

12/14/07 --- Touched

01/02/08 --- Touched

01/28/08 --- Medical

Timeline

Sorry Mirla and Anewkindoffeelin........I am exhausted and edgy about this whole situation.......I am not trying to blame anyone of anything it is just that sometimes on this forum people who are not in our positions are not very understanding......sorry if I was acting the same way...... :blush:

Timeline

Sorry Mirla and Anewkindoffeelin........I am exhausted and edgy about this whole situation.......I am not trying to blame anyone of anything it is just that sometimes on this forum people who are not in our positions are not very understanding......sorry if I was acting the same way...... :blush:

Don't worry about it. We're all stressed out. Some more than others. B) Anyway, I actually typed the original message about 3 or 4 times trying to make sure it didn't sound like I was blaming you....but I failed.

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline
I thought my family was bad for ragging on me about being vegetarian or making stupid jokes about my Australian husband.

"Oh you must eat kangaroo meat all the time"

"Do you ride kangaroos"

It goes on and on!

Oh yes.....we all have our cross to carry......or family member to endure.......but it does get old.......I am just afraid that Oscar will not understand.......and on top of it all I live in Prince William County, Va....anti immigration capital of the U.S.....so everyone in the place thinks they have the right to comment........augh

Oh by the way the lawyer called me from his vacation spot.....He thought I sounded distressed on my message....duh....but he will not be in the office until Jan. 2...........OMG.....I want my money back.....rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....So no RFE info until then........

Hi Lora,

Sorry to hear of your VSC nightmares and to top that off family woes. I feel you on the family, I keep my business to myself when it come to family. And I am a happy camper. I am very happy I didn't get a lawyer, I would be in jail somewhere.

I too live in Prince William County, VA.

06/13/07 - Sent I-129F

06/14/07 - VSC received petition

06/15/07 - NOA1

06/19/07 - Check cashed EAC # on back of canceled check

06/20/07 - NOA1 Hard Copy received

11/15/07 - NOA2 Approved (no email/no touches)

11/16/07 - Touched

11/26/07 - Called 202-663-1225 Given Case number and petition is loaded (electronically submitted to Lagos)

11/21/07 - NVC mailed to Lagos DHL

11/27/07 - Arrived Lagos Consulate (signed by Godwin)

12/06/07 - Received interview date from State Department (202) 663-1225

12/12/07 - Email from Lagos Embassy packets ready for pickup

01/16/08 - Hakeem picked up packets

02/06/08 - Interview scheduled in Lagos

Timeline

It's alright Lora. I understand you 100%. We are in the same situation and too bad we can't do anything about it.

05/09/07 --- NOA1

05/15/07 --- Touched

10/31/07 --- Touched

11/01/07 --- RFE

11/02/07 --- Touched

12/11/07 --- Touched

12/12/07 --- Touched

12/13/07 --- Touched

12/14/07 --- Touched

01/02/08 --- Touched

01/28/08 --- Medical

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I didn't call at ALL until a week before six months, and then they said don't call back until 2 weeks after six months. Then two weeks again. I'm not calling again. They're useless and don't know anything.

My Timeline

Summer 2005 - Introduced online by a mutual friend

December 2005- Meet face to face. Mark 12/20 official start date.

June 9, 2007 - NOA1 from VSC

February 20, 2008 - APPROVED!!!

February 21, 2008 - paperwork forwarded to NVC.

February 27, 2008 - paperwork sent to Consulate.

March 6, 2008 - Packet 3 recieved.

March 19, 2008 - Packet 3 returned. (minus checklist!)

April 21, 2008 - Returned checklist. All Packet 3 in London.

May 7, 2008 - Medical.

May 30, 2008 - Interview. APPROVED.

July 27, 2008 - Arrives in US.

August 8, 2008 - Legal Wedding

AOS:

Sent: 10/17/08

Notice of Receipt: 10/23/08

I-765 - Rejected: 10/22/08

I-765 Resubmitted: 11/5/08

I485 RFE (for already submitted documents): 11/10/08

Biometrics appointment: 11/14/08

RFE returned: 11/15/08

Transferred to CSC: 5/15/09

Card Production ordered: 7/28/09

Hi guys! Just checking in to see weather i will read some good news but it seems like the VSC is sleeping. Come on give this people their approvals #######?? I am pissed off for Lora, Mirla, Ric and the rest fo the earlier filers it makes me cry :crying::crying::crying:

Even though we haven't been calling all the time, they still played with our emotions until they approved us so if anyone feels like calling they should go ahead and call. What is the customer service line there for anyways??? Lora, Milra Ric and the rest i am still praying for you guys please keep the faith. I know its hard and its probably not what you guys want to hear but as all of you know i have been there so keep the faith your approvals are on their ways. Lora im sure that RFE is something you can submit really fast and befor you know you will be approved. My heart goes out to you guys. (L)(L)(F)(F)

Let love and faithfulness never leave you; bind them around your neck, write them on the tablet of your heart.

Prov. 3:3

REMOVING OF CONDITION

08/02/2010 I-751 sent with K2 & my son

08/12/2010 Check cashed

08/06/2010 NOA (received 08/16/2010)

08/18/2010 My son's check was cashed

09/27/2010 Biometrics appointment

10/26/2010 APPROVED

11/1/2010 10yrs GC in the mail

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I didn't call at ALL until a week before six months, and then they said don't call back until 2 weeks after six months. Then two weeks again. I'm not calling again. They're useless and don't know anything.

I didn't call either until 6.5 months. But when I did 'customer service' actually tried to put in a service inquiry for me because I was outside service commitment. But her computer wouldn't let her and she needed to transfer me to vsc.

That's when I got the idiot "we're approving may 19" lady. But I called vsc directly using rfe trick the next day and a sane person admitted they were into july, etc, but I had to wait the 30 days beyond 6 months (because mail from them might be on it's way - yeah right 30 days).

So try it, but try again if you get the office imbecile who thinks they are still only up to may.

This has to end someday right :wacko:

Petition sent priority mail 6/4/07

Received by VSC 6/6/07

Touched 6/13/07

um ... hello?

Touched 12/20/07, after change of address

approx. 1/3/08 - starting to wish VSC staff acquire untreatable stinkfoot

1/17/08 Ombudsman filed formal inquiry.

Touched 2/3 ... wow that was fast, only 8 months to get around to us

Approved 2/20 NOA2

Case arrived Manila USE 3/4

Interview scheduled April 22!

Medical 4/14

Approved!! Interview on 4/22 - just one question!

Visa in hand May 10, whew!

Tickets for poe may 24

Married july 2008

2 year resident w/o interview 2/09 (no more hiding in the basement jokes)

kid 1,Bradley, 10/2009

10 year resident 2/2011 w/o interview

kid 2, Jeffrey, 8/2012

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Probably the person in charged of my application is on vacation. I can't believe they waited 6 months to give me a RFE. I can't believe Lora waited almost 7 months and they gave her a RFE!!!!!!

This fuckin sucks!!!!

well that may be true but I never called them once until I was at 6 months......then I started to call......so if they are upset at that then when everyone else starts to be at 6 or 7 months then it will be interesting....anyway Mel and Syl never called and they waited the longest

I got an RFE and got officer Frank on the phone too. Is it just one person working there???? :angry:

A smooth visa journey and much speed to all!

K-1 Timeline

07-27-2007: I-129F mailed to TSC

07-30-2007: Return receipt signed by TSC

09-12-2007: Petition returned by USCIS, asked to change to new fee schedule and resubmit

09-14-2007: Letter to congressman with copy of postmarked envelope asking for help with appealing rejection

09-20-2007: Reply from Congressman to send it back with old fee and copy of post-mark. Package sent again directly to VSC

09-24-2007: USPS delivered package to VSC at 2:32 PM

10-16-2007: NOA1 issued

10-19-2007: Touched

10-22-2007: NOA1 Received in the mail!!!!!!!!!!! Finally! and touched again the next day

12/20/2007: Touched!

12/21/2007: Touched

12/26/2007: RFE received in the mail and RFE reply sent the same day

01/02/2007: USCIS website update - received notice and case processing resumed

01/04/2008: touched

01/06/2008: Touched on a SUnday??????

01/07/2008: touched and APPROVED later in the day!!!!!!

01/10/2008: NOA2 Hard Copy Received

01/14/2008: NVC received and left the next day

01/28/2008: Packet 3 received

02/04/2008: Packet 3 submitted at US Consulate Mumbai

02/08/2008: Packet 4 received

04/14/2008: Interview!!!!!

06/02/08: POE JFK Received Temporary EAD Expires August 31st

06/06/08: Got married!

06/12/08: Applied for Bhushan's SSN

06/20/08: Received SSN in the mail

07/18/08: AOS packet mailed

07/21/08: Received by Chicago LockBox

07/25/08: Check cashed

Timeline

This fuckin sucks!!!!

I got an RFE and got officer Frank on the phone too. Is it just one person working there???? :angry:

Well he did tell me that there was hardly anyone there....they are all on leave......so I guess it really does not matter until after Jan.2 to get and send back an RFE.....which will be 7 months of waiting or.......210 days.....I am close to a full gestation of a baby.....I think childbirth was easier then this #######.....and I did that 5 times...... augh this is sick... :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::(

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.