AnewKINDofFEELIN

Waiting on the VSC to make a decision?

2,459 posts in this topic

O.K........I just talk to a NICE lady at VSC.....she said the petition has been with a case wroker since November 1.......and was then transfered on November 17 to someone else......and it has been with them ever since.....she said she was unsure why it still has not been worker on......I told her it appeared that they were working cases in July and she would send a note to the floor to ask but was not able to report her response from them but she said it may stimulate something......she said about 1/3 of the case workers are OUT OF THE OFFICE on leave this time of year but she does see I am outside of the service target goal........but??????....................nothing......well Virgil Ric and I are probably together with a on leave ajudicator...........AUGH......NOW WHAT.......I AM GOING A LITTLE CRAZY.........OOOPs........I do not want to be back in the hospital......I have not had aproblem since I got out of there......so I am trying to only be a little upset........thanks guys....Lora

I would think that if adjudicators are out on leave they would transfer their cases to someone who was actually there working. It does not make any sense that they would keep some people in limbo while letting others get by :wacko:

At least you know it is with an adjudicator Lora. Hopefully it means that your approval is coming soon.

We're gonna get it! (before Christmas!!.. i can dream. i just really don't want to go to yet another family gathering having to say I don't know. Thanksgiving was bad enough) I'm just trying to keep myself distracted. I've been getting into the Christmas spirit and santa-ing and baking and keeping busy. It'll be here one day!

I hear you.......I am trying too but I can not travel to Peru and he can not come here so here I sit......I hope you are right about before Christmas......I have not seen Oscar since June and it is really killing me.........Merry Christmas and have a great visit with Pete......... :)

i feel you pain, i havent seen adriano since june either =(

Removal of Conditions NOA: 2/24/11

Biometrics Appt: 8/15/11

ROC Approval: 9/30/11

Card Production Ordered: 10/11/11

Card Received: 10/15/11

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline
O.K........I just talk to a NICE lady at VSC.....she said the petition has been with a case wroker since November 1.......and was then transfered on November 17 to someone else......and it has been with them ever since.....she said she was unsure why it still has not been worker on......I told her it appeared that they were working cases in July and she would send a note to the floor to ask but was not able to report her response from them but she said it may stimulate something......she said about 1/3 of the case workers are OUT OF THE OFFICE on leave this time of year but she does see I am outside of the service target goal........but??????....................nothing......well Virgil Ric and I are probably together with a on leave ajudicator...........AUGH......NOW WHAT.......I AM GOING A LITTLE CRAZY.........OOOPs........I do not want to be back in the hospital......I have not had aproblem since I got out of there......so I am trying to only be a little upset........thanks guys....Lora

I would think that if adjudicators are out on leave they would transfer their cases to someone who was actually there working. It does not make any sense that they would keep some people in limbo while letting others get by :wacko:

At least you know it is with an adjudicator Lora. Hopefully it means that your approval is coming soon.

We're gonna get it! (before Christmas!!.. i can dream. i just really don't want to go to yet another family gathering having to say I don't know. Thanksgiving was bad enough) I'm just trying to keep myself distracted. I've been getting into the Christmas spirit and santa-ing and baking and keeping busy. It'll be here one day!

I hear you.......I am trying too but I can not travel to Peru and he can not come here so here I sit......I hope you are right about before Christmas......I have not seen Oscar since June and it is really killing me.........Merry Christmas and have a great visit with Pete......... :)

i feel you pain, i havent seen adriano since june either =(

thanks........He let his last visa expire 2 years ago and there is no way for him to get another.......and travel is not possible for me until the first week of January......anyway I do not know what the airfare in Dec to Europe is but south America is triple.......I am not rich.....so I guess it is better that I have to wait until January February for his interview.....I am trying to find a bright side to all of this....but God I miss him...........Just like all of us.........sigh......... (L)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I will, as long as they let him in! But I'm not terribly worried they won't. He's come and gone like 9 or 10 times in the last three years so, it looks good that he always goes home. Do you guys have webcams and skype and the like to keep in touch? Or vonage for bizarrely cheap long distance ?

My Timeline

Summer 2005 - Introduced online by a mutual friend

December 2005- Meet face to face. Mark 12/20 official start date.

June 9, 2007 - NOA1 from VSC

February 20, 2008 - APPROVED!!!

February 21, 2008 - paperwork forwarded to NVC.

February 27, 2008 - paperwork sent to Consulate.

March 6, 2008 - Packet 3 recieved.

March 19, 2008 - Packet 3 returned. (minus checklist!)

April 21, 2008 - Returned checklist. All Packet 3 in London.

May 7, 2008 - Medical.

May 30, 2008 - Interview. APPROVED.

July 27, 2008 - Arrives in US.

August 8, 2008 - Legal Wedding

AOS:

Sent: 10/17/08

Notice of Receipt: 10/23/08

I-765 - Rejected: 10/22/08

I-765 Resubmitted: 11/5/08

I485 RFE (for already submitted documents): 11/10/08

Biometrics appointment: 11/14/08

RFE returned: 11/15/08

Transferred to CSC: 5/15/09

Card Production ordered: 7/28/09

Or vonage for bizarrely cheap long distance ?

tell me more about this vonage....

Timeline

I will, as long as they let him in! But I'm not terribly worried they won't. He's come and gone like 9 or 10 times in the last three years so, it looks good that he always goes home. Do you guys have webcams and skype and the like to keep in touch? Or vonage for bizarrely cheap long distance ?

oh yes...what would I do without webcam........but nothing like just holding hands.......and our first big snow is coming and he has never seen snow.....I wanted so much to see his face when my kids and Oscar and i play in the snow the first time.....snowball fights, sleding making snow angels......I know that sounds corny but this is what I dream of.......a family life with a man that I love and loves me.......Come on VSC........please hurry

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

oh yes...what would I do without webcam........but nothing like just holding hands.......and our first big snow is coming and he has never seen snow.....I wanted so much to see his face when my kids and Oscar and i play in the snow the first time.....snowball fights, sleding making snow angels......I know that sounds corny but this is what I dream of.......a family life with a man that I love and loves me.......Come on VSC........please hurry

My husband had never seen know either.....he was taking pictures of an inch of snow and ice because he was so excited. He is in for a treat tonight with this storm we have coming!

Also, i used skype but it tended to make me upset. being able to see him without being able to touch him was torture. As much as I hate AIM, I almost preferred that to Skype

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
....I know that sounds corny but this is what I dream of.......a family life with a man that I love and loves me.......Come on VSC........please hurry

It doesn't sound corny at all! This is what we all dream of... a NORMAL relationshiop. It's the little things, like you said, like just holding hands. Just being together. Apparently, it's a lot to ask for us though.

K1

------------------------------------

07.12.07 - I-129f petition mailed

07.13.07 - I-129f received by VSC

07.18.07 - NOA1 notice

07.20.07 - check cashed

07.22.07 - touch

11.29.07 - NOA2, waited 140 days

11.30.07 - touch

12.03.07 - NVC Received

12.05.07 - NVC Left

12.10.07 - Consulate Rec'd

12.13.07 - Packet 3 Rec'd

03.13.08 - Packet 3 sent back to Montreal

04.08.08 - eligible for interview

05.13.08 - Packet 4 Rec'd

06.02.08 - Interview!

06.09.08 - Visa in hand!

06.16.08 - move date, POE via Peace Bridge, Buffalo, NY

06.20.08 - civil wedding

AOS

06.25.08 - AOS package sent

06.30.08 - received in Chicago

07.07.08 - NOA1 for 485 (AOS), 765 (EAD), & 131 (AP), rec'd in mail 07.14.08

07.09.08 - touch on all 3

07.10.08 - check cashed

07.28.08 - case transferred to CSC

08.02.08 - Biometrics

08.03.08 - touch on AOS

08.04.08 - touch on AOS & EAD

08.05.08 - touch on EAD

08.06.08, 08.07.08, 08.21.08, 08.22.08 - touch on AOS

09.03.08 - EAD approved!

09.04.08 - touch on EAD

09.05.08 - EAD card arrives in mail

09.06.08 - AP arrives in mail (no updates online or via email)

09.23.08 - touch on AOS

09.24.08 - welcome letter mailed

09.25.08 - touch on AOS

09.30.08 - AOS approved

10.01.08 - touch on AOS

10.04.08 - Green Card received

02.21.09 - "real" wedding in Montreal

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Vonage is a VOIP phone service (that is it runs over the fiber optic broadband network). It's 29.95 I think a month for unlimited calling all over the US. It's awesome. I get my voicemail in my email, so when I'm at work and I get messages I can still get them as wav files. I love it. And, for me its totally free to call the UK. And I can ask it to tell me how long and how many times I've called X phone numbers and it produces a report for you. (Which is great for the interview!) I looked it up and albania is 16 cents a minute. But it's really nice.

My Timeline

Summer 2005 - Introduced online by a mutual friend

December 2005- Meet face to face. Mark 12/20 official start date.

June 9, 2007 - NOA1 from VSC

February 20, 2008 - APPROVED!!!

February 21, 2008 - paperwork forwarded to NVC.

February 27, 2008 - paperwork sent to Consulate.

March 6, 2008 - Packet 3 recieved.

March 19, 2008 - Packet 3 returned. (minus checklist!)

April 21, 2008 - Returned checklist. All Packet 3 in London.

May 7, 2008 - Medical.

May 30, 2008 - Interview. APPROVED.

July 27, 2008 - Arrives in US.

August 8, 2008 - Legal Wedding

AOS:

Sent: 10/17/08

Notice of Receipt: 10/23/08

I-765 - Rejected: 10/22/08

I-765 Resubmitted: 11/5/08

I485 RFE (for already submitted documents): 11/10/08

Biometrics appointment: 11/14/08

RFE returned: 11/15/08

Transferred to CSC: 5/15/09

Card Production ordered: 7/28/09

Timeline

Vonage is a VOIP phone service (that is it runs over the fiber optic broadband network). It's 29.95 I think a month for unlimited calling all over the US. It's awesome. I get my voicemail in my email, so when I'm at work and I get messages I can still get them as wav files. I love it. And, for me its totally free to call the UK. And I can ask it to tell me how long and how many times I've called X phone numbers and it produces a report for you. (Which is great for the interview!) I looked it up and albania is 16 cents a minute. But it's really nice.

I have Verizon and for 4.95 a month I get 5 cents a minute to Peru but I had to call and ask for the package.....My problem is they use the Claro lines in Peru and OMG that sucks.......he does not have a land line only cell ouch terrible reception but at least I can talk to him oh about 4 times a day and on line about 2 hours an evening......shoot when I was married before I lived with him but I hardly saw or spoke to him...my choice....so this is alot of communication.....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

I have Verizon and for 4.95 a month I get 5 cents a minute to Peru but I had to call and ask for the package.....My problem is they use the Claro lines in Peru and OMG that sucks.......he does not have a land line only cell ouch terrible reception but at least I can talk to him oh about 4 times a day and on line about 2 hours an evening......shoot when I was married before I lived with him but I hardly saw or spoke to him...my choice....so this is alot of communication.....

Hang in there Osloratamm! I am not going to pretend I know what it is like to be away from my SO for that long. I can't even imagine how hard that must be. Hold on a bit longer and you will have your approval. You are almost there!!!

I got my RFE letter last night thankfully. Phew. It was exactly what I thought. They need Darren's divorce decree. We didn't have it in time when we mailed in the petition. I am sending it out tomorrow. Hopefully it will keep moving....

Edited by Steph1973

6.4.07-Sent application

6.18.07-NOA1 Hard Copy

6.24.07-Touched

9.7.07-Left for England

9.16.07-Returned from England. :(

10.18.07-Leave for England

10.21.07-Back from England. :(

11.15.07-Leave for England

11.19.07-Back from England :(

12.4.07-Touched again!

12.5.07-RFE issued

12.12.07-Received RFE letter

12.14.07-Received final divorce decree for RFE

12.14.07-Overnighted RFE & evidence for Monday delivery.

12.18.07-Touched. RFE was recieved and processing resumed

12.19.07-Touched

12.20.07-Touched

12.22.07-Leave for England

1.2.08-Return from England

1.2.08-Touched

1.2.08-APPROVED, NOA2

1.7.08-Received NOA2 hardcopy in the mail

1.7.08-NVC received paperwork

1.9.08-NVC forwarded paperwork to Consulate

1.14.08-Consulate received petition

1.15.08-Received packet 3 info

1.18.08-Mailed back packet 3 forms to Consulate

1.30.08-Packet 3 approved and processed

2.1.08-Medical exam

2.15.08-Leave for England

2.21.08-Interview

2.23.08-Return from England

2.26.08-Darren recieved Visa in the mail

2.28.08-Darren arrives to the U.S.!!!!!!!!!!!!

3.15.08-Got Married!!!!

I-485

4.14.08-Filed form

5.13.08-Received receipt

6.4.08-Biometrics appointment

I-765

4.14.08-Filed Form

5.13.08-Received receipt

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
CONGRATULATIONS BILL Y BELLA :dance: :dance: :dance:

CONGRATULATIONS BILL Y BELLA! WOOHOOOOOOOO :dance::dance::dance:

6.4.07-Sent application

6.18.07-NOA1 Hard Copy

6.24.07-Touched

9.7.07-Left for England

9.16.07-Returned from England. :(

10.18.07-Leave for England

10.21.07-Back from England. :(

11.15.07-Leave for England

11.19.07-Back from England :(

12.4.07-Touched again!

12.5.07-RFE issued

12.12.07-Received RFE letter

12.14.07-Received final divorce decree for RFE

12.14.07-Overnighted RFE & evidence for Monday delivery.

12.18.07-Touched. RFE was recieved and processing resumed

12.19.07-Touched

12.20.07-Touched

12.22.07-Leave for England

1.2.08-Return from England

1.2.08-Touched

1.2.08-APPROVED, NOA2

1.7.08-Received NOA2 hardcopy in the mail

1.7.08-NVC received paperwork

1.9.08-NVC forwarded paperwork to Consulate

1.14.08-Consulate received petition

1.15.08-Received packet 3 info

1.18.08-Mailed back packet 3 forms to Consulate

1.30.08-Packet 3 approved and processed

2.1.08-Medical exam

2.15.08-Leave for England

2.21.08-Interview

2.23.08-Return from England

2.26.08-Darren recieved Visa in the mail

2.28.08-Darren arrives to the U.S.!!!!!!!!!!!!

3.15.08-Got Married!!!!

I-485

4.14.08-Filed form

5.13.08-Received receipt

I-765

4.14.08-Filed Form

5.13.08-Received receipt

Timeline

Hang in there Osloratamm! I am not going to pretend I know what it is like to be away from my SO for that long. I can't even imagine how hard that must be. Hold on a bit longer and you will have your approval. You are almost there!!!

I got my RFE letter last night thankfully. Phew. It was exactly what I thought. They need Darren's divorce decree. We didn't have it in time when we mailed in the petition. I am sending it out tomorrow. Hopefully it will keep moving....

thanks Steph.......I know the reunion will be that much sweeter when I go for his interview and then move him up here......I do know I appreciate the time we do spend together that much more........He was just on the phone with me and was singing.......When a man loves a woman....unfortunately he can not sing and does not know the words ....Amercican Idol is not in his future.....but I love the thought (L)

EAC********* 12/13/2007 I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E)

I got touched but it is probably from my phone call today to Vermont.....At least it does not say 6/5/2007 anymore......

yayyy, glad to hear it...im hoping for the best!

EAC********* 12/13/2007 I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E)

I got touched but it is probably from my phone call today to Vermont.....At least it does not say 6/5/2007 anymore......

My guess is that someone is actively working your case now. You finally got a hold of someone that admitted that you are outside of the processing goals and they have moved your file to the top of the pile, or have given it to someone who is still there working.

Hang in there darlin, I think this is a good sign.

--- AOS Timeline ---

07/22/08 --- Mailed AOS packet to Chicago

07/25/08 --- NOA for I-131, I-485, and I-765

08/27/08 --- Biometrics

10/01/08 --- AP received

10/14/08 --- EAD received

11/13/08 --- Notice of transfer to CSC

02/09/09 --- Permanent Resident Card Ordered Notice

02/09/09 --- 2 Yr Permanent Resident Card Received

--- Lifting Conditions ---

11/10/10 --- Mailed I-751 packet to VSC

11/12/10 --- NOA1

12/22/10 --- Biometrics

03/15/11 --- RFE

05/10/11 --- Approved

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.