Drew and Tik

World of Warcraft addicts

169 posts in this topic

I got added last night, I'm hoping to move through the ranks quickly. But I normally fund my alts with my main so without cash this will be interesting.

I'm the same way. I loved twinking out alts with AH greens and blues and upgrading gear every few levels.

ive never been a real twinker... i just like getting to 70 fast.. then the real gearing begins and no need to twink.

my level 60 rogue, who was my 2nd and only other 60 when BC hit, was in level 26 greens.... with level 30 ish BOE green weapons... my best piece was a reward from gnomergan, the triprunner dungaroos (or something to that effect) .... LOL, even now at 70.. her gear is horrid. its whatever boes i found as upgrades or quest rewards. she did her job tho, got to 70 and made me alot of cash for my main ><

She made the beginning of BC fun tho, every quest reward was an upgrade! haha. my hunter on the other hand who started BC in T3.... her only upgrade was the trinket from cruels intentions (horde side) leveling her was fast as heck, and i made a darn lot vedoring all rewards.

im pretty convinced a hunter could level to 60 easily by only training growls, mend pets and only using auto shot. im tempted to do it actually. youd save a ton of money at first on skills :D lol

as long as i have enough cash to train my skills im good and dont/ wont need outside funding.

not feeling to awesome today so i wont be on much . i raid BT / hyjal tues/wed again for the week, but its my last raid week till the 2nd. so ill be on days and off nights once that is out of the way :) hope so see you guys when i start up again.

Edited by NatalieC

-Natalie and Brian in Lebanon, Ohio

i%20am%20canadian.JPG

Want to see my K1 visa timeline? Click Here

Want to see my AOS timeline? (quick version below)

07-08-05 Mailed AOS packet

12-12-05 AOS approved; no interview

12-17-05 Green card recieved + Welcome letter.

WHERE WE ARE NOW Filing for Citizenship

10 Yr GC petition

11-20-07 I-751 Pkg mailed to Nebraska (here we go again)

11-23-07 Confirmed delivered to PO Box

11-23-07 NOA 1 date

12-07-07 NOA 1 Received in the mail

Our case is now at the Cali SC. The 6 month timer ticks.

12-12-07 Biometrics appointment notice recieved

01-03-08 Biometrics

01-04-08 Online Case status 'last updated'

01-06-08 Online Case status 'last updated'

03-19-08 Online Case status 'last updated'

On March 18, 2008, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you.

03-24-08 Online Case status 'last updated'

On March 22, 2008, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this CRI89 PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS OF PERMANENT RESIDENT STATUS RECEIVED.

~~~~~~

34e1c26.jpg Y!: natalie_c81 AIM: pdd4me81 MSN: nataliec81

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey hey hey!! I missed this thread o.O

Rolling a new toon tonight and hope to see you guys in game!

yay Swirly! Don't forget to post your name so we can add you!

Edited by thanksforthefish

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I have never done the twink thing. My 68 hunter is the highest I have ever gotten a toon. I do not have any experiance in PvP, the battle grounds or raiding. I know I am terrible! LOL

kim (kim&james) got me into the guild already, I iz the new mage hawtness. :D

Nice! happy leveling...let me know if you need some bags :D

I have never done the twink thing. My 68 hunter is the highest I have ever gotten a toon. I do not have any experiance in PvP, the battle grounds or raiding. I know I am terrible! LOL

That sounds just like me ....although I have just joined a raiding guild, they are going take me by the scruff of the neck and show me how it's done :lol:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

I have done a bit of PvP, Lots of BG's but only a couple of raids. Might be fun later to give that a go.

Well, its Tuesday, Until 1pm I guess I will have to clean the house and finish wrapping the presents. I hate Tuesdays.

For anyone who has'nt joined up yet or has an interest in trying WOW, come join us, the more the merrier.

I 130 & I129F (K3) and AOS info in timeline

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hey, I'm gonna' get on now, hopefully someone can fill me in :)

Opps, nevermind, damn weekly maintenance!

"I came here tonight because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible."

-Harry Burns

Timeline

Well maybe, those of us that need it, can all try to get the PvP, battle ground and raiding experiance together? Then we can feel safe as we screw it up....lol

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
Well maybe, those of us that need it, can all try to get the PvP, battle ground and raiding experiance together? Then we can feel safe as we screw it up....lol

Raiding - 10-40 people ranging from young 12 year old to 45+ year old gamers organized on voice chat, broken down into groups, with usually one raid leader giving directions, explaining encounters, etc. Really fun at first seeing these instances and the creatures, but after 10+ runs people are usually on auto pilot and just want to kill stuff as fast as possible to see what purple item drops and how to distribute them.

PvP - Killing other players can be fun, but it is almost never fair. It is usually 2 or more against 1, sometimes with +40 level differences, massive gear differences, etc. People jump you when you are fighting a creature, come out of stealth, burn 5+ cooldowns to kill you, pop potions, run away when losing and come back, or just grief you over and over. One of the reasons I enjoy my druid and rogue so much - stealth. When you res you can stealth and escape. You can remain stealthed and kill a griefer attacking another player.

Battlegrounds - This is sort of like raiding meets PvP. Organized groups can roll over unorganized groups, but you keep playing the same map over and over and over. You earn medals and points to spend on purple PvP gear and for some players without raid guilds they invest obscene amounts of time in this sort of PvP.

I've put in my fair share of all this stuff in addition to leveling unguilded alts in peace, crafting, collecting materials, running pick up group instances, exploring new zones, and I have to say WoW is a game that appeals to many different types of people for many different reasons.

I left about 8 months ago, but reactivated my account for 1 month to see what has changed. Some of my former guildmates still play 8+ hours a day and raid almost daily for gear. I did this before as well and was in Tier 2/3 on my main and even a few alts, such as a priest and hunter, but the hamster wheel of spending countless hours raiding and PvPing for gear burnt me out.

What surprises me is how these folks did the same thing as I, but they are still addicted hard core. I want to have a few 70's ready for Lich King and I enjoy playing different classes and running an instance for 1-3 hours. I would even like to raid the new stuff a few times just to see the zones, mobs and learn the strats, but I don't want WoW to become my primary recreational focus or to take that much time from my life.

What surprises me is how these folks did the same thing as I, but they are still addicted hard core. I want to have a few 70's ready for Lich King and I enjoy playing different classes and running an instance for 1-3 hours. I would even like to raid the new stuff a few times just to see the zones, mobs and learn the strats, but I don't want WoW to become my primary recreational focus or to take that much time from my life.

the ONE thing i like for me is that since hitting BT and hyjal... it only takes a very short amount of time to clear content. once we hit Tk we stopped SSC, once we hit hyjal we stopped Tk

notw in hyjal and BT we clear BT in one night ( 4 hours) and then hyjal in 2 hours the next day. we COULD spread it out to like 2-3 bosses a day for a few days but like you said fast as possible is better.

now i only have to spend tuesday and half of wednesday doing" manditory" stuff then i have 5 other days to do what i like, be it RL or wow life

i sorta dont want sunwell to come out since that means back to a 5 day work, er i mean raid week. i also never intend to be playing when the next expansion hits. if i am ive instructed some people to kill me.

as for pvp battle grounds being different because of gear... honestly, with arena and pvp epics.. its REALLY evened out. i can still get my butt handed to me by a couple ppl because i cant kill a certain person ( tho they shouldnt be wearing resilience gear in BGs, only in arena... ) but it still makes it fun for johnny casual. before the xpac, i could walk in ab or wsg and send 4-5 people to a graveyard and not be at 50% health.

i was usually the target of "OMG kill that person, they have tier gear" which sorta sucked, but you could usually deal and kill them.

NOW im still a victim of "OMG, tier 6, kill her" but i have much less of a chance of living( i have barely 9 k HP in full T6 i think 4 items of mine have 20 ish stamina, since stam is a terrible dps gear stat) and tend to just try to drain mana, killing healers and living long enough to kill a hunter pet before i lay down and die lol. like i said before, if many people hit 70 i will Q of for battle grounds on my geared character once and a while and try to get the same Bgs as you. Vent would be helpful for Qing but it would be neat :D im not sure i could PVP on a ungeared hunter. id just sit in shock here probably. mage is one class i truely am new to. i played a 60 mage in full t2 back when ranks 'meant' something in PVP. the owner had to go away and didnt want to lose rank he wanted the free rank 11 mounts. so i played his character for a weekend. i was TERRIBLE i had trinkets macroed with GG on the button and every 5 minutes i could kill someone. blew my instants and pyroed someone for 8K . after that i had to blink and run away because i had no idea what i was doing. with my mage on stormrage now almost at 30 ,i sorta understand how to live better and how to do things. hopefully its fun at 70 :) at least im a tailor so i can make the spell fire set :D

wow really becomes more fun when you have a group of people playing ( especially for battlegrounds)

when you have a pre made, even if youre terrible (when you cant expect much else do to gear or newness to the class), usually it is more fun.

have fun whoever plays today i have raid at 8 so i wont be on

Edited by NatalieC

-Natalie and Brian in Lebanon, Ohio

i%20am%20canadian.JPG

Want to see my K1 visa timeline? Click Here

Want to see my AOS timeline? (quick version below)

07-08-05 Mailed AOS packet

12-12-05 AOS approved; no interview

12-17-05 Green card recieved + Welcome letter.

WHERE WE ARE NOW Filing for Citizenship

10 Yr GC petition

11-20-07 I-751 Pkg mailed to Nebraska (here we go again)

11-23-07 Confirmed delivered to PO Box

11-23-07 NOA 1 date

12-07-07 NOA 1 Received in the mail

Our case is now at the Cali SC. The 6 month timer ticks.

12-12-07 Biometrics appointment notice recieved

01-03-08 Biometrics

01-04-08 Online Case status 'last updated'

01-06-08 Online Case status 'last updated'

03-19-08 Online Case status 'last updated'

On March 18, 2008, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you.

03-24-08 Online Case status 'last updated'

On March 22, 2008, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this CRI89 PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS OF PERMANENT RESIDENT STATUS RECEIVED.

~~~~~~

34e1c26.jpg Y!: natalie_c81 AIM: pdd4me81 MSN: nataliec81

Timeline
wow really becomes more fun when you have a group of people playing ( especially for battlegrounds)

when you have a pre made, even if youre terrible (when you cant expect much else do to gear or newness to the class), usually it is more fun.

Yeah, I think I am too far gone in the gear sense because in the past 8 months or so these people have progressed past multiple sets of gear again and they won't be going backwards in an attempt to gear up characters like me.

I had a decent group of folks to PvP and raid with, but we had a guild split where a ton of them just /gquit and I had no idea what happened for a bit because I only logged in once every few days or few weeks. Canceled the account and let the time run out.

Back when UBRS was the 'raid,' night up through Ony, MC, BWL, AQ and the 20 mans I was too into the game. Then there was the entire PvP epic time where we'd play all through a weekend for the bonus honor.

I don't even know the dungeon progressions, what gear drops, end game encounter strats, layouts, or any of the stuff in the current game related to end game raids.

Oh well. One thing that is nice about WoW is you can pretty much solo level if necessary or leveling with 1 or 2 others works as well for the many, many quests you can do.

Got my druid 2 levels and am at 69 and my rogue is 64 and priest is 63, so I have a range of characters to run an instance here and there if bored.

Timeline

the ONE thing i like for me is that since hitting BT and hyjal... it only takes a very short amount of time to clear content. once we hit Tk we stopped SSC, once we hit hyjal we stopped Tk

notw in hyjal and BT we clear BT in one night ( 4 hours) and then hyjal in 2 hours the next day. we COULD spread it out to like 2-3 bosses a day for a few days but like you said fast as possible is better.

now i only have to spend tuesday and half of wednesday doing" manditory" stuff then i have 5 other days to do what i like, be it RL or wow life

i sorta dont want sunwell to come out since that means back to a 5 day work, er i mean raid week. i also never intend to be playing when the next expansion hits. if i am ive instructed some people to kill me.

as for pvp battle grounds being different because of gear... honestly, with arena and pvp epics.. its REALLY evened out. i can still get my butt handed to me by a couple ppl because i cant kill a certain person ( tho they shouldnt be wearing resilience gear in BGs, only in arena... ) but it still makes it fun for johnny casual. before the xpac, i could walk in ab or wsg and send 4-5 people to a graveyard and not be at 50% health.

i was usually the target of "OMG kill that person, they have tier gear" which sorta sucked, but you could usually deal and kill them.

NOW im still a victim of "OMG, tier 6, kill her" but i have much less of a chance of living( i have barely 9 k HP in full T6 i think 4 items of mine have 20 ish stamina, since stam is a terrible dps gear stat) and tend to just try to drain mana, killing healers and living long enough to kill a hunter pet before i lay down and die lol. like i said before, if many people hit 70 i will Q of for battle grounds on my geared character once and a while and try to get the same Bgs as you. Vent would be helpful for Qing but it would be neat :D im not sure i could PVP on a ungeared hunter. id just sit in shock here probably. mage is one class i truely am new to. i played a 60 mage in full t2 back when ranks 'meant' something in PVP. the owner had to go away and didnt want to lose rank he wanted the free rank 11 mounts. so i played his character for a weekend. i was TERRIBLE i had trinkets macroed with GG on the button and every 5 minutes i could kill someone. blew my instants and pyroed someone for 8K . after that i had to blink and run away because i had no idea what i was doing. with my mage on stormrage now almost at 30 ,i sorta understand how to live better and how to do things. hopefully its fun at 70 :) at least im a tailor so i can make the spell fire set :D

LOL....OMG, I totally did not understand any of what you just said. :lol:

Timeline
LOL....OMG, I totally did not understand any of what you just said. :lol:

I did. It's the same thing as someone who just started on the internet and not knowing what lol or omg means. World of Warcraft is full of acronyms, places, and things related to the game and game world that you slowly pick up.

Heck, being away a few months and there are new places and things I don't recognize.