grumpy00

used by his fiancee`

62 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Can somebody help me out here please!!! i have a friend who petitioned his fiancee` and got married a wk after the girl arrived in the US. But he found out that the girl really didn't want to have anything to do with him. Basically, she just used him to come over to the US. What do you think he should do? He already filed a complaint with the INS about this incident. It's been 3mos when this happened and i think the girl's visa expired last fri (Nov.11th) What further action does he need to do next? I need some input PLEASE!!! Thank you....

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
Can somebody help me out here please!!! i have a friend who petitioned his fiancee` and got married a wk after the girl arrived in the US. But he found out that the girl really didn't want to have anything to do with him. Basically, she just used him to come over to the US. What do you think he should do? He already filed a complaint with the INS about this incident. It's been 3mos when this happened and i think the girl's visa expired last fri (Nov.11th) What further action does he need to do next? I need some input PLEASE!!! Thank you....

if he does not want to proceed with the application any more he can inform uscis by written, then the case will be closed, the girl will have to return to her home country. but i will imploy ur friend to give it a seccond thought b4 he could take such an action.

As long as she didn't file for AOS and there is no history of him abusing her then she'll have a tough time staying here legally.

More and more scammer stories showing up. Going to get worse as Nobia claims there will be 10 million more PC users in the Philippines.

No lack of lonely horny Americans to accommodate the maganda pinay there.

Edited by Haole

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

As long as she didn't file for AOS and there is no history of him abusing her then she'll have a tough time staying here legally.

More and more scammer stories showing up. Going to get worse as Nobia claims there will be 10 million more PC users in the Philippines.

No lack of lonely horny Americans to accommodate the maganda pinay there.

A lot of this is alleviated if you find an educated woman.

The ones that are prone to "use" an American for US entry are those without any incomes/education who cannot enter the US on their own with a work Visa.

My fiancee turned down 3 job offers in the US in large cities, making more income than I do, just to pursue the legal fiancee visa route with me after we fell in love. She can travel anywhere she wants with or without my help and is very independent. She never asks for any money and pays her own way through everything on her end. She is also 3 years older than me--so there isn't one of those common 40 year age gaps between us.

Because of that, I would be severely surprised if she were to all of a sudden develop no feelings toward me when she arrives. I highly doubt that would happen considering how strong our bond of love is, and I feel that she'd never do anything to hurt me in any way. I can confirm that with her emotions and body language with me.

Before I met Arlyn, I had read up a lot about scammers online and actually decided to try comminucating with some to see what methods they used to draw Americans in.

I toyed with a few of them for a couple of months, and you'd be surprised at what lengths they go to con people. It was funny to me, because I knew in advance they were already scammers--so it allowed me to learn how to weed out their actions from someone who was genuine.

When Arlyn and I built our relationship, it was an entirely different experience. A real woman will try to uncover your scandal and you'll have to WIN her heart--she won't be afraid to hurt your feelings with the truth. The fake ones throw themselves on the platter for anyone very easily, and tell you all the things you want to hear.

Take heed, and be smart about it. The right "SO" is out there for each of you--just takes patience to find that right one.

I would advise your friend to study up on scammers for future reference so he can weed them out--there are websites EVERYWHERE detailing what to look for. I would hate to see him give up on filipinas completely because of his bad experience--and I would recommend he actually find a lady IN the country IN a province, rather than online next time.

The true filipina women are simply amazing, and if you find the right one, you'll be treated like a king for the rest of your life!

-Adam and Arlyn

Adam and Arlyn

K-1 Visa

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Manilla, Philipines

2006-08-18: Met Arlyn online.

2007-04-12: Met Arlyn in Manilla.

2007-04-14: Our "official" engagement.

2007-05-03: Left Arlyn in Manilla. (We cried our eyes out.)

2007-05-11: I-129F Sent to Texas Service Center. (Forwarded to California Service Center.)

2007-05-17: I-129F Received by California Service Center.

2007-05-22: Check cashed and I-129F NOA1 declared online.

I-129F RFE(s) : None! Thank God!

2007-10-04: I-129F NOA2 Email.

2007-11-02: NVC received our petition.

2007-11-06: NVC forwarded our petition to Manila.

2007-11-14: Petition was received by the Consulate!

2007-11-20: Received IV Schedule dates!

2007-11-24: Packet 4 arrives to Arlyn's home!

2007-12-07: Received NOA2 Hard Copy, FINALLY!

2007-12-15: Purchased our plane tickets from Continental Airlines.

2007-12-26: Early CFO Seminar completed.

2007-12-26: Delbros Document Verification completed.

2007-12-27: St. Luke's Medical completed.

2007-12-31: Adam arrives to Manila to join Arlyn's interview!

2008-01-03: Embassy Interview! (7:30:00 AM)

APPROVED! Thank You Jesus!!!

2008-01-07: Visa Pick-Up at Embassy!

2008-01-17: Adam and Arlyn arrive in U.S. with matching flights!

2008-01-17: Adam and Arlyn officially married in Alabama!

2008-01-18: Phase 2 begins . . .

2008-04-23: Future wedding ceremony!

~Adam and Arlyn begin their Happily Ever After~

Filed: Other Timeline

It doesn't matter if the K1 expired. The woman fulfilled the terms of the visa by marrying her petitioner.

She may or may not be able to adjust her status if the marriage ends .

She cannot adjust her status based upon marriage to someone else.

As for all this inappropriate comment about women from the Phillipines - good or bad - that's not the purpose of the question. It's also not the only country 'scammers' come from.

Edited by rebeccajo

Filed: Timeline
As for all this inappropriate comment about women from the Phillipines - good or bad - that's not the purpose of the question. It's also not the only country 'scammers' come from.

Word. Plenty of scammers operating right here from the United States. Huge ring of them pretending to be Russian girls broken up in L.A. not long ago.

That is so sad :( I can immagine how devastating it was for him to find out. I do not think that the AOS will be approved though if he files an official complaint or something!

Removal of conditions...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Damn shame, unfortunately, I knew quite a few young ladies that were scamming "Kanos" while I was living in the Phils and even met a few of the "Kanos". You could tell them they were being scammed but they wouldn't believe it.........sometimes we men are stooopid.

If he is still married, he needs to get a legal annulment, which will have the result of the marriage never having been considered valid. Unlike the Philippines, legal annulments in the U.S. are easier to get.

An annulment will provide less opportunity for the gal to attempt a self-petition based on an "abusive marriage," since the marriage is not considered to have even existed.

Either way, annulment or divorce, he should start the procedure real soon. He can forget about deporting her or getting swift action from USCIS. It just won't happen that way. He needs to cut his legal ties with the young lady without doing an Adjustment of Status, and let her pick up the pieces, if she can, from there.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Word. Plenty of scammers operating right here from the United States. Huge ring of them pretending to be Russian girls broken up in L.A. not long ago.

Very, very correct.

A majority of scammers online only go as far as getting money out of the deal--most of the time it will just be a group of American guys posting pictures of attractive women from many random countries, and copying and pasting generalized messages in emails--sometimes even going as far as messengers or having a woman speak over the phone. Since sincerity cannot really be pulled from typed text, many people fall victim to these scams and lose money in the end if they are not aware of how the scammers operate.

The bad news, however, is some people take it a step further and genuinely are who they say they are, and do whatever it takes to get where they want to go--even if it means hurting an innocent victim in the process.

As hurt and angered as your friend might be over the whole situation, I wouldn't advise him to get USCIS involved. Perhaps I'm just not the vengeful kind, but retaliating on the lady won't help anything in my opinion. I think Kalai's advice is the best. Handle it with an annulment, and let her take it from there.

Should he drop responsibility of her? Sure. Should he retaliate and make her life worse? No. He should give himself time to recover instead, and eventually move on with his life--and let her move on with hers.

That's the best advice I can give. :thumbs:

Adam and Arlyn

K-1 Visa

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Manilla, Philipines

2006-08-18: Met Arlyn online.

2007-04-12: Met Arlyn in Manilla.

2007-04-14: Our "official" engagement.

2007-05-03: Left Arlyn in Manilla. (We cried our eyes out.)

2007-05-11: I-129F Sent to Texas Service Center. (Forwarded to California Service Center.)

2007-05-17: I-129F Received by California Service Center.

2007-05-22: Check cashed and I-129F NOA1 declared online.

I-129F RFE(s) : None! Thank God!

2007-10-04: I-129F NOA2 Email.

2007-11-02: NVC received our petition.

2007-11-06: NVC forwarded our petition to Manila.

2007-11-14: Petition was received by the Consulate!

2007-11-20: Received IV Schedule dates!

2007-11-24: Packet 4 arrives to Arlyn's home!

2007-12-07: Received NOA2 Hard Copy, FINALLY!

2007-12-15: Purchased our plane tickets from Continental Airlines.

2007-12-26: Early CFO Seminar completed.

2007-12-26: Delbros Document Verification completed.

2007-12-27: St. Luke's Medical completed.

2007-12-31: Adam arrives to Manila to join Arlyn's interview!

2008-01-03: Embassy Interview! (7:30:00 AM)

APPROVED! Thank You Jesus!!!

2008-01-07: Visa Pick-Up at Embassy!

2008-01-17: Adam and Arlyn arrive in U.S. with matching flights!

2008-01-17: Adam and Arlyn officially married in Alabama!

2008-01-18: Phase 2 begins . . .

2008-04-23: Future wedding ceremony!

~Adam and Arlyn begin their Happily Ever After~

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

When people realized they are scammed for the American dream there first response is always revenge by way of taking away their "loved ones" rights to be here. I think when someone makes the decision to make a commitment to bring someone to America they should decide if this is a person that would contribute something to America, your community, and society. If you do not think they would, why would you marry them anyways? Then if you thought she/he would, then let them stay and benefit the rest of us. AH, but all most care about is what do they get out of the deal.

Get some counseling figure out what your lacking emotionally, spiritually, and mentally, that allowed you to fall victim to this type of scam. Stop with the revenge animosity and grow from the experience.

If you have any obligations left regarding the situation, I would tell the truth, but do not waste your time trying to figure ways to get her out. Let the USCIS figure out how to fix your mistake. That is what they get paid for. Spend the time growing, changing, and healing from the situation.

<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

When people realized they are scammed for the American dream there first response is always revenge by way of taking away their "loved ones" rights to be here. I think when someone makes the decision to make a commitment to bring someone to America they should decide if this is a person that would contribute something to America, your community, and society. If you do not think they would, why would you marry them anyways? Then if you thought she/he would, then let them stay and benefit the rest of us. AH, but all most care about is what do they get out of the deal.

Get some counseling figure out what your lacking emotionally, spiritually, and mentally, that allowed you to fall victim to this type of scam. Stop with the revenge animosity and grow from the experience.

If you have any obligations left regarding the situation, I would tell the truth, but do not waste your time trying to figure ways to get her out. Let the USCIS figure out how to fix your mistake. That is what they get paid for. Spend the time growing, changing, and healing from the situation.

How does that make any sense at all, other than in the mindset of "turning the other cheek"?

Think about it: you say that one faced with that situation should consider whether their fake significant other has anything to contribute to US society. Let me ask you this: how the hell would you know if they really have anything to bring to the table, so to speak, considering they LIED their way to America in the first place? How do you know if anything (anything at all) they ever said to you was true?

You go to extreme lengths to bring them over in good faith, and find out you've been deceived. Indeed the logical, human response is to exact revenge. It makes sense and I, personally, endorse it wholly. The other side of it is to take every precaution you can take to make sure the scammer is not allowed to stay, not because of your personal issues, but because America has enough native-born deceitful/scamming scum that it doesn't need to import more.

Like you said, however, there's no need to waste time trying to figure out ways to get the person out. But letting USCIS know in the first place, and following up on that if applicable, to make sure the person gets deported, is, in part, your responsibility.

Timeline:

2005-04-14: met online

2005-09-03: met in person

2007-02-26: filed for K-1

2007-03-19: K-1 approved

2007-06-11: K-1 in hand

2007-07-03: arrived in USA

2007-07-21: got married, yay!

2007-07-28: applied for green card

2008-02-19: conditional green card in hand

2010-01-05: applied for removal of conditions

2010-06-14: 10-year green card in hand

2013-11-19: applied for US citizenship

2014-02-10: became a US citizen

2014-02-22: applied for US passport

2014-03-14: received US passport

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
Think about it: you say that one faced with that situation should consider whether their fake significant other has anything to contribute to US society. Let me ask you this: how the hell would you know if they really have anything to bring to the table, so to speak, considering they LIED their way to America in the first place? How do you know if anything (anything at all) they ever said to you was true?

Well are they contributing in their country? I here people say "oh they can't make any money over there". WEll what do these people do with their free time in their country? How do you know they are telling the truth? By getting to know the person better.

He nees to report his situation and move on. It is very complicatd process for him to worry about.

<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

Filed: Other Timeline

Oh isn't that the truth.

How many times have I read the angry comments, especially those that refer to 'how much it cost' to bring them here.

You know, when somebody moves halfway around the world, a little bit of understanding and compassion towards their adjustment to a new life could go a long way.

I often wonder, when I read posts about a USC being 'scammed' - I sometimes wonder just how much real effort the USC put into the immigrants adjustment and adaptation to America. I sometimes wonder if the foreign born spouse didn't just feel neglected, lost and abandoned, and the marriage subsequently fell apart.

CSC has had a couple immigration scam rings broken up since I have been a member of VJ.

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.