mikeize

Possible Debate

73 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

This thread is dedicated to one or more "hot-button", divisive, polarized issues (if you can think of any). BUT, you can only argue for the opposite side from the actual opinion you hold. I'm not sure if anyone will really be interested in this, but I think it could be fun and enlightening. Whaddya think? Give it a go! I don't want to start with a topic since the whole thread is my idea, but I'll be happy to try and participate.

-mike

fnord!

"Of COURSE there's no God... there's nothing BUT God!"

"what shall we say, shall we call it by a name? As well as count the angels dancin' on a pin?" -Let it Grow by the Grateful Dead

"Inspiration, move me brightly. Light the song with sense and color--hold away despair... more than this I will not ask, faced with myst'ries dark and vast... statements just seem vain at last... ... ... ... ..."

-another Dead tune-

We f*cking RULE!!! All other K1'rs pale in comparison to our mighty relationship. We will usher in a new era of rock-osity to this faded world. Prepare yourselves for the party. Hope you like tofu and karaoke.

-mike and ize

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
Your idea sucks!

Just practicing! :P

I wholeheartedly agree. It really is simply a waste of time and resources to bother with such a ridiculous idea, when there are REAL debates to be had. (Uh-oh, I think I found the first problem- trying not to be sarcastic/facetious!, yikes! definitely not allowed!)

-mike

fnord!

"what shall we say, shall we call it by a name? As well as count the angels dancin' on a pin?" -Let it Grow by the Grateful Dead

"Inspiration, move me brightly. Light the song with sense and color--hold away despair... more than this I will not ask, faced with myst'ries dark and vast... statements just seem vain at last... ... ... ... ..."

-another Dead tune-

We f*cking RULE!!! All other K1'rs pale in comparison to our mighty relationship. We will usher in a new era of rock-osity to this faded world. Prepare yourselves for the party. Hope you like tofu and karaoke.

-mike and ize

We should build a mono-rail from Mexico to the USA and have no immigration checkpoints along the way.

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Timeline
Agent Smith is a peacable, innocent natured guy who can't stand to see drama created or pots stirred... :innocent:

Actually, he's an ignorant chopf*ck! He oughta go back to India!

-mike

fnord!

-another Dead tune-

-mike and ize

rich English people should not be allowed to buy ANY houses in Wales for the purpose of vacations because every person in Wales is poor and struggles to buy a house to live in therefore they reserve the right to burn the holiday homes of the rich English people to the ground..............hehehehehe.....hows about that for someting different to talk about...... :lol:

Filed: Country: Guatemala
Timeline
We should build a mono-rail from Mexico to the USA and have no immigration checkpoints along the way.

That's insane! I say gather them all in a big group and make them WALK back to Mexico...with no shoes.

Don't let the sunshine spoil your rain...just stand up and COMPLAIN!

-Oscar the Grouch

That's insane! I say gather them all in a big group and make them WALK back to Mexico...with no shoes.

we agree. debate over ;)

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Timeline

Well... this isn't exactly the serious exercise I was hoping it would be, but actually it's kinda fun anyway! Let the facetiousness continue!

-mike

fnord!

-another Dead tune-

-mike and ize

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Debating illegal immigration issues on this forum will result in an effective solution to the problem!

09-02-2005 Applications for AOS, EAD, and AP received by MSC

10-21-2005 AOS fingerprint notice for 12-08-2005

11-07-2005 AP approved

12-05-2005 Infopass appt at San Jose office for interim EAD -- Refused, because it is already approved by MSC on 11-07-2005

12-07-2005 Attempt at interim EAD at San Francisco office -- no go. Back to San Jose, where CSO (chief station officer) tells they will contact MSC via email to request permission to issue interim EAD

12-08-2005 Biometrics for AOS and EAD. Having no EAD appt letter was no problem (used EAD NOA)

12-15-2005 EAD arrived in the mail

12-24-2005 Received interview letter; interview scheduled 03-01-2006

01-28-2006 Received replacement SSN card in married name (5 wks since application)

03-01-2006 AOS interview -- approved; received stamp in the passport

03-13-2006 Green card arrived in the mail

---

Filing for removal of conditions

Timeline

I don't think rich people should have to pay ANY taxes at all. Why should they? They're fukcing rich, dude!

-mike

fnord!

-another Dead tune-

-mike and ize

Filed: Timeline

I believe the United States has been stuck at 50 states for far too long. Those oceans aren't as formidable as they used to be. It's time we expanded and brought the gift of freedom to the whole world. Why should North America hog the glory of being American?

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Well... this isn't exactly the serious exercise I was hoping it would be, but actually it's kinda fun anyway! Let the facetiousness continue!

-mike

I had absolutely nothing to do with changing the tone. :whistle:

Filed: Country: Guatemala
Timeline

we agree. debate over ;)

You can't be for real.

Don't let the sunshine spoil your rain...just stand up and COMPLAIN!

-Oscar the Grouch