Moldovandish

Pets and healthcare

6 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Moldova
Timeline

We just took our 13-year old dog to the vet today. She hasn't been in a couple of years at least. They are suspecting a health condition so they are running blood tests etc.. The bill can come up to 400 dollars. We love our dog..she's like our baby (while we still don't have a baby of our own :P ), so we don't mind paying that. But is there anyway to avoid huge pet bills? Does anyone have experience with pet health insurance?

Love is patient

05/01 - Engagement

10/20 - I-129f sent to TSC

10/24 - NOA1

04/09 - NOA2

04/22 - NVC sent petition to Bucharest

07/20 - interview - APPROVED!

08/13 - flight to RDU

09/18 - Wedding

09/30 - SSN with married name

10/01 - sent in AOS to Charlotte

10/13 - NOA - AOS & EAD

10/20 - Bio

12/02 - received EAD

08/18 - e-filed EAD renewal

10/13 - FP

10/24 - interview letter

11/02 - EAD recieved

12/13 - AOS interview

12/19 - Green Card received

09/14 - I-751 sent to TSC

09/18 - received

10/16 - Check cashed. Transf. to CSC

10/17 - NOA received

12/15 - biometrics

01/25 - permanent Green Card approved

09/16 - N-400 sent to TSC

09/19 - received

09/22 - check cashed

09/23 - NOA

10/23 - Biometrics

11/22 - Interview letter received

01/26 - Interview - PASSED!

03/13 - Oath

foxfoxard20071112_-5_Alexa%20Helen%20is.png

We just took our 13-year old dog to the vet today. She hasn't been in a couple of years at least. They are suspecting a health condition so they are running blood tests etc.. The bill can come up to 400 dollars. We love our dog..she's like our baby (while we still don't have a baby of our own :P ), so we don't mind paying that. But is there anyway to avoid huge pet bills? Does anyone have experience with pet health insurance?

i have heard of pet insurance but never knew anyone who had it or what is covered...

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I had pet insurance (albeit in the UK, so I'm not sure how helpful this will be) and I found them extremely good. They always paid out within 2 days after a claim and never questioned anything. They were PetPlan Ins Co. I will say, however, do shop around...some insurers will only pay out for an ongoing medical problem for 12 months (Pet Plan would pay for a lifetime). They also cover things like third party liability, costs for advertising a lost pet and more, they generally won't, however, pay for routine innoculations, worming, spaying etc. Anyway, shop around, I would recommend it personally and good luck :D

.png

Our Second Anniversary

I want to succeed in America where, unlike Britain, they do not regard ambition as being the same as eating babies.

The National Rifle Association says that, "Guns don't kill people, people do," but I think the gun helps, you know? I just think just standing there going, "Bang!" That's not going to kill too many people, is it? You'd have to have a really dodgy heart to have that happen.

There's a huge hole in the whole Flood drama, because anything that could float or swim got away scot-free, and it was the idea to wipe out everything, He didn't say, "I will kill everything, except the floating ones and the swimming ones, who will get out due to a loophole."

Eddie Izzard

eddieizzard.jpgizzard.jpgizz.jpg115422114991504.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

At your dog's age I doubt it would be very cost-effective. One thing you should do is shop around, find a good vet you can trust.

My dog Timmy has hydroencephaly (water on the brain), but the "advanced care" place I took him to started leeching me for as much money as they could get. First trip was $300, next one was $400, and then they were proposing surgery to do a biopsy on a two pound, sick chihuahua. I took him back to my regular vet, and he suggested taking him to who he considers the best vet in southern California. After a 10 minute exam, the vet identified the problem, prescribed medicine, and said TImmy should live a normal lifetime. Two years later, Timmy is healthy, up to 3 pounds now, and is the happiest, funniest little dog you've ever seen.

Anyway, my point is be sure you can trust your vet. Spending $400 or more is OK if it's going to solve the problem, just don't let them rip you off.

Me -.us Her -.ma

------------------------

I-129F NOA1: 8 Dec 2003

Interview Date: 13 July 2004 Approved!

US Arrival: 04 Oct 2004 We're here!

Wedding: 15 November 2004, Maui

AOS & EAD Sent: 23 Dec 2004

AOS approved!: 12 July 2005

Residency card received!: 4 Aug 2005

I-751 NOA1 dated 02 May 2007

I-751 biometrics appt. 29 May 2007

10 year green card received! 11 June 2007

Our son Michael is born!: 18 Aug 2007

Apply for US Citizenship: 14 July 2008

N-400 NOA1: 15 July 2008

Check cashed: 17 July 2008

Our son Michael is one year old!: 18 Aug 2008

N-400 biometrics: 19 Aug 2008

N-400 interview: 18 Nov 2008 Passed!

Our daughter Emmy is born!: 23 Dec 2008

Oath ceremony: 29 Jan 2009 Complete! Woo-hoo no more USCIS!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I have health insurance for my dog. She is a large breed dog, and I know that she will probably have major problems eventually. Here are my experiences.

I pay less than $30/month. When I took the dog for her fleas/skin problems, and allergy tests, the 2 visits cost me about $750. After co-pays etc, they covered about $350 of it. While that's not all, it does help.

No offense to anyone, but I find veterinary science very unreliable. I'm on my 2nd vet here yet, and we've only been here since July.

Heading Home!

Naturalization

Feb 28/2011 - sent paperwork

Mar 3/11 - received text & email notification - they have it!

Mar 15/11 - text, email, and notice sent - biometrics booked

April 12/11 - biometrics done - I start studying

May - get the letter

June 27 - Interview and oath ceremony - same day

Lifting Conditions

Feb 5/08 - Sent paperwork by USPS - priority

Feb 14/08 - NOA issued

Feb 28/08 - Biometrics letter received for The Bronx Office - have to reschedule

Mar 22/08 - Biometrics rescheduled - LOVE the Saturday appointment!

Feb ?/09 - done!

I'M HIGHLY OPINIONATED WHEN I WANT TO BE, BUT I NEVER SAID I WAS RIGHT

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

We have pet insurance for the cats and it's only ten dollars a month but it only covers emergencies, not regular health care. We couldn't claim their checkups or shots for example, but if they got out and fell off the balcony it would pay for their treatment etc.

Karen - Melbourne, Australia/John - Florida, USA

- Proposal (20 August 2000) to marriage (19 December 2004) - 4 years, 3 months, 25 days (1,578 days)

STAGE 1 - Applying for K1 (15 September 2003) to K1 Approval (13 July 2004) - 9 months, 29 days (303 days)

STAGE 2A - Arriving in US (4 Nov 2004) to AOS Application (16 April 2005) - 5 months, 13 days (164 days)

STAGE 2B - Applying for AOS to GC Approval - 9 months, 4 days (279 days)

STAGE 3 - Lifting Conditions. Filing (19 Dec 2007) to Approval (December 11 2008)

STAGE 4 - CITIZENSHIP (filing under 5-year rule - residency start date on green card Jan 11th, 2006)

*N400 filed December 15, 2011

*Interview March 12, 2012

*Oath Ceremony March 23, 2012.

ALL DONE!!!!!!!!