trust issues

144 posts in this topic

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline
I can win an argument on any topic, against any opponent. People know this, and steer clear of me at parties. Often, as a sign of their great respect, they don't even invite me.

Dave Barry (1947 - )

A woman is like a tea bag- you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water.

Eleanor Roosevelt

thquitsmoking3.jpg

I have never thought this......but if you do not have something kind and encouraging to say or good advice.... and your man is here already... and you arent in the middle of these trials and tribulations

You need to get your ### off the boards. What you said to doodle was uncalled for to begin with...

And here you are with your husband here... Can't you be a little compassionate?

WHATS WRONG WITH PEOPLE ON HERE?

Good god, what is WRONG WITH YOU? Maybe you wouldn't be a complete nutcase over being separated from your husband if you stopped obsessing over it. Get a hobby. Smoke a joint. Relax.

You act as if you (&the other unfortunate MENA couples who are going through a prolonged separation) are the only person in the world who has ever been apart from a loved one. Hate to burst your little ego-bubble, but there are plenty of couples who've had to go through separations. My sister was separated from her partner for 18 months when she got deployed to Iran; next year, they will be separated for over two years because she's getting deployed to Kosovo.

You could at least pretend to have an ounce of self-respect.

we met: 07-22-01

engaged: 08-03-06

I-129 sent: 01-07-07

NOA2 approved: 04-02-07

packet 3 sent: 05-31-07

interview date: 06-25-07 - approved!

marriage: 07-23-07

AOS sent: 08-10-07

AOS/EAD/AP NOA1: 09-14-07

AOS approved: 11-19-07

green card received: 11-26-07

lifting of conditions filed: 10-29-09

NOA received: 11-09-09

lifting of conditions approved: 12-11-09

This is a sad sad unfriendly thread. How can you people be so mean to each other?

Back to the original question: I dont know you two but I can try give an opinion. I dont think there is anything wrong with helping out your man if you feel he is honest with you and all that stuff. If he is honest and a good partner to you he would help you out too if you needed it. You though seem to be smelling something fishy about whats happening to you so time to have a good talk cuz thats what couples should do...live an honest life and be open with each other. You said he didnt mind that you cut him off the monthly money so you will see what happens. Why did he need the money till now and now he says no money is fine? Have you visited him there in Italy? If your relationship is genuine from both sides I am sure you will work it out. Thats up to you to find out and I wish you luck :thumbs:

I have a question here. Does it just seem to me or do only US women fall in love with men from Islamic countries? I am not sure if I saw a US man here being in love with for example an Egyptian woman. Maybe I´m wrong, maybe it has religious reasons, please feel free to correct me :)

(F)

Filed: Timeline

[

I have plenty of self respect and its easy to be condescending when your husband is with you... Your life is moving fowards... ours arent and at least military people have an end date. Some of us have no idea when we will see our husbands. And I was sick of reading comments from people wh arent even going through the absolutely horrific waits we are ( mine will be a year with no end in sight)

Its easy for you guys who have your husbands here to tell those of us in the midst of record waits and paper work to get a hobby . Why dont you get one and get the hell off the visa boards since you are done with your journey if you cant be supportive?

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline
9 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 2 Anonymous Users)

The MENA freakshow is attracting quite a bit of attention. It's as if Veiled Princess is in our midst again *sniff*.

6yycjrk.jpg

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
9 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 2 Anonymous Users)

The MENA freakshow is attracting quite a bit of attention. It's as if Veiled Princess is in our midst again *sniff*.

6yycjrk.jpg

wom.......NO ONE can fight like the mena girls. :thumbs:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline
This is a sad sad unfriendly thread. How can you people be so mean to each other?

. . .

I have a question here. Does it just seem to me or do only US women fall in love with men from Islamic countries? I am not sure if I saw a US man here being in love with for example an Egyptian woman. Maybe I´m wrong, maybe it has religious reasons, please feel free to correct me :)

(F)

No, it's not only US women who have relationships with men from predominately non-MENA countries, but non-Muslim, non-MENA men have more hurdles to overcome. There are some men involved with MENA women who come here, but it is harder for men because these countries still tend to hold to relatively conservative and patriarchal standards and traditions when it comes to women. MENA cultures, to varying extents, define women by the social status and preferences of the men they re associated with, and it is believed that a woman married to a non-Muslim, a non-Arab, and/or non-countryman lowers her status and becomes vulnerable to negative foreign influences. The woman and her children are considered to be whatever the husband is - even to the point of having their citizenship rights compromised. In fact, in many cases, the children cannot take the nationality of the mother, only that of the father.

Mix in cultural norms that allow men more freedom in the public sphere, and more choice regarding travel, social mixing, intermarriage and it results in their having more opportunities to meet foreign women and becoming involved wth them, something MENA women are discouraged to do, although this is all changing in more "westernized" urban areas and in some countries.

Edited by Green-eyed girl

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.