26 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Well we were issued an RFE on the 31st and we still did not get it. The first time I called about it, they told me 5 to 6 days. OK, fair enough. The next tiime I called regarding my address, I asked them again about the RFE, this time it was 2 weeks. Now today, I checked to make sure my address was corrected and they told me 30 to 45 days! I am so tired of being told one thing and then the next time they say something else.

They said they can't tell me anything over the phone to "protect my privacy." I called the guy on that and said. OK, so I can call up and change my address, yet you don't know the person you are talking to is me. How is that protecting my privacy? He said "well, in this instance, we would be taking your word for it." Unbelievable. So I say, well can you check my address to make sure it was taken down correctly. He says: "I can't do that." I said, well the first time I called, they read my address back to me and asked if my address was correct, so now you are telling me you can't do that? He says: "Well you probably talked to a immigration officer that time." So why can't you put me through to an immigration officer this time? "Sir, you need to schedule and INFOPASS to do that." #######????

3dflags_usa0001-0003a.gif3dflags_tha0001-0003a.gif

I-129F

Petition mailed to Nebraska Service Center 06/04/2007

Petition received by CSC 06/19/2007...NOA1

I love my Siamese kitten...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Just when you think they can't get any more incompetent they think of something else :protest::ranting:

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Well we were issued an RFE on the 31st and we still did not get it. The first time I called about it, they told me 5 to 6 days. OK, fair enough. The next tiime I called regarding my address, I asked them again about the RFE, this time it was 2 weeks. Now today, I checked to make sure my address was corrected and they told me 30 to 45 days! I am so tired of being told one thing and then the next time they say something else.

They said they can't tell me anything over the phone to "protect my privacy." I called the guy on that and said. OK, so I can call up and change my address, yet you don't know the person you are talking to is me. How is that protecting my privacy? He said "well, in this instance, we would be taking your word for it." Unbelievable. So I say, well can you check my address to make sure it was taken down correctly. He says: "I can't do that." I said, well the first time I called, they read my address back to me and asked if my address was correct, so now you are telling me you can't do that? He says: "Well you probably talked to a immigration officer that time." So why can't you put me through to an immigration officer this time? "Sir, you need to schedule and INFOPASS to do that." #######????

I'm sure it is something simple Jamie. I just wish that they would allow you to straighten it out over the phone.

Timeline

The sad thing is that even after you get your NOA2, it does not get any better. Now you have to get your petition to NVC. For some strange reason it just sits in the staging area for several weeks. I guess they are hoping it will grow wings and fly to NVC all by itself. :blink:

Hope you get your RFE taken care of ASAP Jamie. Good luck!!

Edited by afterforever

Timeline
Ah, the misinformation line strikes again :unsure:

????? :blink:

This misinformation line is USCIS customer service. Call them a few times...each time you will be told something totally different.

I'm thinking of axe'ing the K1 and going there to marry her. Have to start over, but at this rate, what's the difference.

3dflags_usa0001-0003a.gif3dflags_tha0001-0003a.gif

I-129F

Petition mailed to Nebraska Service Center 06/04/2007

Petition received by CSC 06/19/2007...NOA1

I love my Siamese kitten...

This misinformation line is USCIS customer service. Call them a few times...each time you will be told something totally different.

I'm thinking of axe'ing the K1 and going there to marry her. Have to start over, but at this rate, what's the difference.

You're already there. Don't give up yet...I just wish that you could know what they want now, and take care of it. Instead of waiting and wondering......Hang in there Jamie.

Hang in there!

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

I know how you feeling... I am in REF still didn't received it yet... I don't know if you guys ever called USCIS CSC ... I has a lady ... mostly I coulndt understand her.. i guess she were from somewhere in asia!... wow what a professional job USCIS have... putting someone with bad english accent .. which you cant understand what the heck is thay are talking about!

will will will

I am pray for my self and you all..

good luck to all of us

06/12/07----sending The package to NSC

06/15/07---- Received at NSC

06/25/07---- TOUCHED

07/02/07---- TOUCHED and it conformed they received my Mail on 06/25/07 at CSC!

07/20/07---- TOUCHED and a lady said it still Pending..

08/06/07---- TOUCHED

08/29/07 OMG I am just keep TOUCHING... :lol:

09/26/07 TOUCHED CSC ... Nothing yet :(

09/28/07 sending a fax to congressman at 00:06 A.M.

10/31/07 JUST Called CSC TODAY, my Case Is under Officer reviewing... RIGHT ONNNNNN

11/05/07 RFE!!!! AFTER ABOUT 4 MONTH RFE? WHAT FOR? WHY SO LATE? #######

11/26/07 Approved WooHooo

11/30/07 NO2 hardcopy has been received yo yo

12/10/07 Transferred to NVC as of today 12/17/07. NVC telephone line is a hack of busy!

12/14/07 NV received the case

12/18/07 called and conformed the nvc case number and case have been send to ankara u.s. embassy

01/17/08 Received Appointment Letter Damn slow while they send it thro USPS

02/10/09 Approval Letter. ouiiiiii

02/20/09 Recived The Permanent Resident card

zadcvfp4_845f2cf68d.gif

Yup, I hear ya. They told me our NOA2 case was sent directly to the Consulate and bypassed NVC. I asked the lady 3 times if she was sure and she said yes. A week later I found out it was still in the staging area waiting to be sent to NVC. I sometimes wonder if these people ever got their training. Unbelievable!!

05/07/2007 : I-129F Sent

05/29/2007 : NOA1

09/28/2007 : NOA2 (144 days from filing date)

11/02/2007 : NVC Received Case (35 days from NOA2)

11/06/2007 : NVC Sent Case to HCM Consulate

11/16/2007 : HCMC Received Case

11/17/2007 : HCMC Sent Packet 3

11/20/2007 : HCMC Received Packet 3

12/10/2007 : HCMC Called Fiancee (Packet 4 Sent + Interview Date)

12/18/2007 : Packet 4 Received

01/02/2008 : Medical Appointment

01/09/2008 : Interview passed!

01/29/2008 : Visa Received

02/02/2008 : POE @ SFO

Favorite Links:

K1 Process Flowchart

Vietnam Visa Seekers

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

can we do anything about it? Can We?

06/12/07----sending The package to NSC

06/15/07---- Received at NSC

06/25/07---- TOUCHED

07/02/07---- TOUCHED and it conformed they received my Mail on 06/25/07 at CSC!

07/20/07---- TOUCHED and a lady said it still Pending..

08/06/07---- TOUCHED

08/29/07 OMG I am just keep TOUCHING... :lol:

09/26/07 TOUCHED CSC ... Nothing yet :(

09/28/07 sending a fax to congressman at 00:06 A.M.

10/31/07 JUST Called CSC TODAY, my Case Is under Officer reviewing... RIGHT ONNNNNN

11/05/07 RFE!!!! AFTER ABOUT 4 MONTH RFE? WHAT FOR? WHY SO LATE? #######

11/26/07 Approved WooHooo

11/30/07 NO2 hardcopy has been received yo yo

12/10/07 Transferred to NVC as of today 12/17/07. NVC telephone line is a hack of busy!

12/14/07 NV received the case

12/18/07 called and conformed the nvc case number and case have been send to ankara u.s. embassy

01/17/08 Received Appointment Letter Damn slow while they send it thro USPS

02/10/09 Approval Letter. ouiiiiii

02/20/09 Recived The Permanent Resident card

zadcvfp4_845f2cf68d.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
can we do anything about it? Can We?

In semi-seriousness:

Get a job with the USCIS and work your way up the ranks until you end up in a posistion that can make a differance. You could also try writing to various Government people but the ones that can make the changes are busy playing golf. You could also vote to get the right politicians in office that can make a differance, but I think you will find they talk a good game to get into office... then they will just join the other guys on the golf course. :blink:

Hang in there, it'll all work out!

2-22-08 - I-485 rev'd

2-27-08 - NOA1

3-17-09 - Transferred to Cali.

4-12-08 - Biometrics

4-22-08 - Touch

4-28-08 - EAD received.

...waiting...

3-04-09 - Had to renew the EAD :(

3-04-09 - Got annoyed at being outside of the processing window

3-04-09 - Called and they confirmed. Will contact me within 45 days.

3-05-09 - Date on the EAD NOA1

3-12-09 - Received a confirmation email that I am outside of the window and will get a decision in 60 days.

3-12-09 - TOUCH!!!

3-27-09 - Touch!

5-09-09 - Randomly received the renewed EAD Card... w/ wrong A# :(.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.