trailmix

IR1 / CR1 - Montreal Timeline to Interview

3,833 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

So happy news!!! We received our letter today! =D Our interview is October 13, 2008 @ 8:00am . looks like they changed a bit of how the medical is handled but no complaints here. I was suprized that they left three weeks in-between lol i was expecting 2 months! But i'm happy! I was getting worried.

Guess we'll see you there Sierratango!

Helen Keller: “A happy life consists not in the absence, but in the mastery of hardships.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
They do say 'scheduling is complete for the month' - the operators that say that - mostly, do not bother to actually look and see if Montreal or Vancouver have finished - it's just a generic response.

If they say it has finished for the month it means absolutely nothing really, just need to keep calling, at least until the end of the 3rd week of the month.

good luck!

trailmix is absolutely right :thumbs:

We waited 6 weeks for our interview date after completing NVC in Feb 09. In our 6th week of waiting we were told 'scheduling is complete for the month'. Then surprise, surprise the very next morning I received an email with our interview date for 6 weeks later. BTW the email was received the last week of the month, not the second.

Hang in there everyone, your day will come!

USCIS

NOA1 08/19/08

NOA2 01/20/09

NVC

Received 01/26/09

Completed 02/13/09 (19 Days)

Interview Assigned 03/27/09 (6 weeks after NVC completion)

Medical

04/14/09 (Toronto)

Interview

Montreal 05/12/09 (88 days after NVC completion) **APPROVED**

POE

06/16/09 Buffalo

07/02/09 Welcome Letter Received

07/07/09 Applied for SSN

07/10/09 "Card production ordered" email received

07/13/09 SSN received

07/14/09 "Approval notice sent" email received

07/17/09 GREEN CARD received

Removal of Conditions

03/21/11 I-751 mailed to VSC

03/23/11 I-751 received at VSC

03/29/11 Cheque Cashed

03/30/11 NOA1 received (3/24/11)

04/11/11 Biometrics appointment notice received

05/05/11 Biometric appointment

12/13/11 **Approval date** (5 days short of 9 months!)

12/19/11 Approval letter and green card received

Naturalization

05/16/2019 Filed online (estimated completion February 2020)

05/18/2019 Biometrics scheduled

05/21/2019 Receipt notice and biometrics notices posted to online account.05/23/2019 Hard copy of NOA1 received

05/24/2019 Hard copy of biometrics appointment received

06/07/2019 Biometrics appointment (estimated completion January 2020)

12/31/2019 Email received "Interview scheduled"

01/01/2020 Interview date notice posted to online account (02/19/2020)

01/05/2019 Hard copy of interview appointment received

02/19/2020 Interview (**Approved**) and same day Oath Ceremony. 

Timeline
So happy news!!! We received our letter today! =D Our interview is October 13, 2008 @ 8:00am . looks like they changed a bit of how the medical is handled but no complaints here. I was suprized that they left three weeks in-between lol i was expecting 2 months! But i'm happy! I was getting worried.

Great news Avery! How have they changed the medical stuff?

Filed: Timeline

Congratulations!! Just a couple questions...when was your case completed at NVC and did you receive your notification by email? Sorry...just waiting anxiously myself :blush: Good luck and congrats again!

Timeline

That is great news, Avery! every interview date gives me hope!

Congratulations...

Lucky October 13!!!!

;)

USCIS

NOA #2: Approval June 25th, 2009 - 92 days

NVC

July 8, 2009 to August 10, 2009 - 28 days

Interview Assigned - December 3, 2009 - FINALLY!!

Medical - December 14, 2009 - Passed

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

Port of Entry - February 26, 2010 Baltimore International, Maryland

USCIS -- ROC package sent off

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

January 04, 2012 Biometrics

September 2, 2012, RFE Received.

September 22, 2012 RFE responded to

October 15, 2012 ROC approved, 10 Green card on its way.

kermit_the_frog1237963302.jpg

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

And beware of advice from experts, pigs, and members of Parliament."

Kermit the Frog

Visit my News Feed Page -- Good Reads for Everyone!

Timeline

Hey there IHEARTNVC... how about YOUR timeline and case complete etc., etc...

:D

Would help those of us that aren't you who are also waiting.

:star:

Congratulations!! Just a couple questions...when was your case completed at NVC and did you receive your notification by email? Sorry...just waiting anxiously myself :blush: Good luck and congrats again!

USCIS

NVC

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

Kermit the Frog

Filed: Timeline

Don't know the whole timeline (was done thru lawyer) but we are applying for a CR1 and our case was completed at the NVC on June 26, 2009

Hey there IHEARTNVC... how about YOUR timeline and case complete etc., etc...

:D

Would help those of us that aren't you who are also waiting.

:star:

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Great news Avery! How have they changed the medical stuff?

I called today to book my medical and it did not seem that anything had changed...bring appointment letter, 3 photos, passport, vacc record, and money-cash or money order...

Timeline

The letter medical is updated to July 2009 - It gives you a full list of vaccinations required which were not on the old list that is on file in the guides section. The format is also different, probably not a big thing for those of you just coasting by but I've been hawking and reading over and over so its a change to me. =P

@I<3NVC =D We received our letter today, dated September 8, 2009. No e-mail, I checked the spam box too.

I imagine anyone living further west of us might get it this week! My fingers are crossed for you Igg. =)

Helen Keller: “A happy life consists not in the absence, but in the mastery of hardships.”

Timeline

Hey Avery...

Do you think you could tell me the list of vaccinations??? You can PM me if you like, I'd appreciate that muchly...

THanks for the finger crossing, btw...

Very nice...

The letter medical is updated to July 2009 - It gives you a full list of vaccinations required which were not on the old list that is on file in the guides section. The format is also different, probably not a big thing for those of you just coasting by but I've been hawking and reading over and over so its a change to me. =P

@I<3NVC =D We received our letter today, dated September 8, 2009. No e-mail, I checked the spam box too.

I imagine anyone living further west of us might get it this week! My fingers are crossed for you Igg. =)

USCIS

NVC

Kermit the Frog

Timeline

The general vaccination info is very confusing because it lists all the possible shots they could think of. Better info is on Dr Seidens website, take a look

http://panelphysicians.com/Pages/Age6.htm

Requirements vary depending on age/gender and this table is much easier to read than that general info.

Btw, my appointment letter is dated Sept 10...and I also received an email with it that day.

Timeline

Plus you can call Dr. Seiden's office with any questions and they will (eventually) get back to you. My wife spoke to a really, really, really nice young woman there yesterday about antibody titers/vaccinations.

Timeline
Plus you can call Dr. Seiden's office with any questions and they will (eventually) get back to you. My wife spoke to a really, really, really nice young woman there yesterday about antibody titers/vaccinations.

Hey Steve, did you schedule your medical yet?

Timeline

Congrats on the interview, Avery!

Just for curiosity sake, when did the NVC finish your case for the CR/IR visa? I looked at your timeline and you have Vancouver as your consulate, but they don't issue CR/IR visas, so I am guessing you applied for both a K visa AND CR/IR? Is your interview in Montreal?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.