one...two...tree

U.S. citizen arrested under state's new anti-illegal immigrant law, Hispanic advocate says

682 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

A U.S. citizen was arrested under the state's controversial new anti-illegal immigrant law overnight in Tulsa County, an opponent of the law said Thursday.

The woman was arrested for transporting her boyfriend, who was an illegal alien, said the Rev. Miguel Rivera, president of the National Coalition of Latino Clergy and Christian Leaders.

Under the law, which went into effect at midnight, it is a felony to knowingly transport an illegal alien.

A spokesman for the Tulsa County Sheriff's Office couldn't confirm the story.

''We are going to continue transporting our fellow Latinos no matter their status,'' Rivera said.

If taken to jail, Rivera said he will sing and preach there and continue fighting against the law.

Rivera and the Rev. Victor Orta said Thursday that they have faith that U.S. District Judge James Payne will eventually declare the law unconstitutional.

A challenge to the law is pending before Payne, who refused to issue a preliminary injunction to block the law Wednesday.

If Payne does not rule their way, they said they are ready to take the case to the 10th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals or the U.S. Supreme Court.

Rivera said that Hispanics have lost faith in the Tulsa County Sheriff's Office and the Tulsa Police Department, despite assurances from those agencies that they don't intend to enforce the law against people who aren't found committing other crimes.

Rivera said he is telling all Hispanics to call the FBI anytime they need police because Tulsa and Tulsa County officers will check the residency status of crime victims and witnesses.

He also said a list of 30 to 33 incidents of illegal racial profiling by Tulsa-area police has been referred to the U.S. Department of Justice for investigation.

Tulsa County Undersheriff Brian Edwards said the sheriff's office is only checking the residency status of people who are arrested, not victims or witnesses.

''You shouldn't be afraid to call the police,'' Edwards said. ''The last thing people need it to live in a state of fear.'' Edwards said he is frustrated by Rivera's comments.

''I don't know why they're not working to help as many of their people as possible to become legal,'' Edwards said. ''It seems like an all-out assault on us for enforcing the law.''

Edwards said he wasn't aware of anyone being arrested in Tulsa County for breaking HB 1804 as described by Rivera.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.asp...1_1__AUSci58616

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline

arrested for transporting her boyfriend, who was an illegal alien

She should have been arrested :thumbs:

As for Hispnaics being afraid to call the police, well if they weren't criminals in hiding they wouldn't be afraid.

Maybe they shouldn't be living here illegally. If they are here Legally they know they have Nothing to worry about.

If they don't like to live in the shadows or live in feer of being arrested

Then they should self deport & GET THE F*@K out. :thumbs:

''It seems like an all-out assault on us for enforcing the law.''

Illegals and activist like to fuss and cry "racila Profiling" simply because USA is enforcing its own laws. It has nothing to do with race or human rights.

It is CUT & DRY The law is the law you break the law you pay the price.

THERE IS A WAY TO BECOME LEGAL, GET THE F*@K Back to where you entered illegally and apply LEGALLY like the rest of us have to do.

gewelcome-vi.gif

3dflagsdotcom_japan_2faws-vi.gif

IMPORTANT NOTICE:Like you all, I am not an attorney ; I am a layperson (I have laid a lot of persons ) My advice is based on Experience obtained by filing ourselves

AOS met in Japan 1994 married 10/2004

DO:Los Angeles,Ca.

6/17/06 Forms Sent (I-130, I-485, and I-765)

6/19/06 RD I-130,I-485, I-765

6/26/06 NOA rcvd

7/15/06 Biometrics complete Day 22

8/4/06 Interview Notice Rcvd Day 42

9/9/06 EAD Card Received :)Day 78

9/13/06 SS Card Received :)Day 82

9/27/06 AOS Interview Los Angeles APPROVED LPR Day 96

12/04/06 Welcome To the United States Letter received

12/08/06 Green Card Received- expires 12/2016

People shout 'racial profiling' because that's exactly what happens. Perfectly legal US citizens who happen to look 'wrong' are questioned disproportionately. If you were constantly required to prove your legal status, you might think twice about making such a statements.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Timeline
People shout 'racial profiling' because that's exactly what happens. Perfectly legal US citizens who happen to look 'wrong' are questioned disproportionately. If you were constantly required to prove your legal status, you might think twice about making such a statements.

Not if it meant ensuring our nations security, safety & Freedom.

I am all for enforcing immigration laws with all the illegals Swedes, Asians,Scottish, & Irish. profilimng is neccesary it is used in every aspect of law enforcement. Drug enforcement, homicides, Gang activity task force, & Illegal Immigrant raids. If the shoe fits!

If they are Illegal then they should be rounded up deported, if someone if Knowingly harbouring or employing thme they should also be arrested & prosecuted.

gewelcome-vi.gif

IMPORTANT NOTICE:Like you all, I am not an attorney ; I am a layperson (I have laid a lot of persons ) My advice is based on Experience obtained by filing ourselves

6/26/06 NOA rcvd

Timeline

By the way these "Hispanic activists" are Illegal Activists and should be ashamed of their ranting and support for Illegal Criminals trying to make a racila issue out of a legal issue, they are the racists.

Its funny how these populations of illegals & activist for them are so desperate that thier last resort in hiding their Illegal behavior is to try to drop the race card and make it a racial issue.

The ICLU ( ACLU) jumps on any chance of making racial issues out of attempts at law enforcement.

All you Sharptonites are a sad bunch.

Edited by Addie_Goodvibes

gewelcome-vi.gif

6/26/06 NOA rcvd

Filed: Country: Belarus
Timeline
''We are going to continue transporting our fellow Latinos no matter their status,'' Rivera said.

Just like they will continue to illegally immigrate. Any surprises here?

Laws? They don't need no stinkin' laws. They do what they want. Laws don't apply to them. Anyone surprised there either?

That's the mentality of these people.

"Credibility in immigration policy can be summed up in one sentence: Those who should get in, get in; those who should be kept out, are kept out; and those who should not be here will be required to leave."

"...for the system to be credible, people actually have to be deported at the end of the process."

US Congresswoman Barbara Jordan (D-TX)

Testimony to the House Immigration Subcommittee, February 24, 1995

Rivera said that Hispanics have lost faith in the Tulsa County Sheriff's Office and the Tulsa Police Department, despite assurances from those agencies that they don't intend to enforce the law against people who aren't found committing other crimes.

Rivera said he is telling all Hispanics to call the FBI anytime they need police because Tulsa and Tulsa County officers will check the residency status of crime victims and witnesses.

He also said a list of 30 to 33 incidents of illegal racial profiling by Tulsa-area police has been referred to the U.S. Department of Justice for investigation.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.asp...1_1__AUSci58616

I wonder how many of those incidents will be found as ACTUAL racial profiling and how many of from people sitting in their home fighting the new law?

Please note: I did not say that any were not actual, just curious how the investigations of these "incidents" will turn out

Edited by Marc and Olga

K-1 timeline

05/03/06: NOA1

06/29/06: IMBRA RFE Received

07/28/06: NOA2 received in the mail!

10/06/06: Interview

02/12/07: Olga arrived

02/19/07: Marc and Olga marry

02/20/07: DISNEYLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AOS Timeline

03/29/07: NOA1

04/02/07: Notice of biometrics appointment

04/14/07: Biometrics appointment

07/10/07: AOS Interview - Passed.

Done with USCIS until 2009!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

good. lock up the aid society :thumbs:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

I suspect you sincerely believe it is that simple, if you are legal, your inconvenience would be appropriate and there would be no negative impact on your day to day life.

It's also interesting that anyone who questions this supposition is automatically supporting illegals and couldn't possibly have any other motivation.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

The squeeky wheel gets the grease:

Cry loud enough and long enough and scream about racial profiling and eventually exceptions to the law will be made for you. One day your children will awake to a world of chaos and you will ask what ever happend to law-abiding citizens. The answer to that question will be based on what we do today to enforce the laws currently on the books. It does not matter if they are State or Federal laws, they need to be enforced. If you feel differently please start a thread identifying which laws you feel should be enforced and which you think should be chucked because you disagree with them. I just love people who decide for themselves which laws are necessary and which can be broken because they are inconvenient or bothersome. Laws are laws people. Follow them or suffer the consequences. If you decide that this country is where you want to live then be prepared to be subject to the laws as is any one who is a legal citizen of this great nation. I for one am fully prepared, even willing to present my passport upon demand if that is what it takes to get a handle on this mess.

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensedregistered pharmacist". (because somebody gives a damn)

Russia-USA.png

Together at last!!!

Entry 4/8/08

Marriage 6/7/08

LAISSEZ LES BONS TEMPS ROULER!!

Timeline
I suspect you sincerely believe it is that simple, if you are legal, your inconvenience would be appropriate and there would be no negative impact on your day to day life.

It's also interesting that anyone who questions this supposition is automatically supporting illegals and couldn't possibly have any other motivation.

Thats where you are Wrong

OK Lets talk about Negativly Impacted by:

EVERY Day LEGAL USA CITIZENS & Legal Residents are Negativly Impacted by Illegal Immigrants

USA Middle class is Negativly Impacted by Illegal ALiens

Americas Social Services are Negativly Impacted by Illegals Criminals

Legal Children are Negative impacted by illegal Aliens in schools over run by on english speaking children of Illegals who require more attention and DEMAND special treatement to accomodate their deficiencies.

Legal Liscensed USA Drivers are Negativly Impacted paying higher insurance because Illegal Aliens who defy the law and drive illegally everyday.

Legal Citizens /residents are Negativly Impacted by The Higher cost of Health care due to Illegal Aliens draing the respurces of Health care facilities.

Legal Tax paying Citizens & residents are Negativly Impacted by illegal Aliens Working illegally Not paying taxes yet putting the burden of supporting their ilegal criminal asses on the USA TAX PAYERS in tune of 10+ Billion / year.

So I could care less about the minor inconveneince of you having to occasionally be asked about your citizenship status. WHA F*@KING WHA!

gewelcome-vi.gif

6/26/06 NOA rcvd

Timeline

Did anyone click the link on the OP in this Thread?

Scroll down and look at the comments

Majority of America feels the same way

Illegal Immigrants should NOT be Immune or above the law, Immigration enforcement is WELCOMED.

The HIGH MAJORITY SUPPORTS & APPLAUDS the offorts of law enforcement & These Kind of Laws and Supports this knd of enfrocement.

Kudos to the Police !

Notice how the Nice choice of wording in the headline baited people into believing a U.S. Citizen was arrested however notice that was an account made by the SHARPTONITE Hispanic Advocate.The individual was arrested forTRANSPORTING an ILLEGAL , ACCORDING TO THE Rev. Victor Orta II There was an arrest of US. Citizen. Also it is funny how the media likes to soften the truth by labeling ADVOCATES for ILLEGALS as "Hispanic Advocates" :lol:

So it makes those of us who support LEGAL Immigration out as RACIST or "anti-Immigrant"

Edited by Addie_Goodvibes

gewelcome-vi.gif

6/26/06 NOA rcvd

Filed: Country: Belarus
Timeline

Silly me...'scuse me for noticing...there is a cadre of regulars that pick at any illegal immigration law whether new, old, proposed, etc. And the same folks never offer up any of their own solutions (except for endless amnesties into eternity). No solutions to stop or even slow illegal immigration. It's really quite noticible.

As the old adage goes..."if the shoe fits, wear it." ;)

"Credibility in immigration policy can be summed up in one sentence: Those who should get in, get in; those who should be kept out, are kept out; and those who should not be here will be required to leave."

"...for the system to be credible, people actually have to be deported at the end of the process."

US Congresswoman Barbara Jordan (D-TX)

Testimony to the House Immigration Subcommittee, February 24, 1995