jordanianprincess

Poll - When you met your SO

Lets see how much we have in common with each other  

113 members have voted

1. 1. How did you meet your Fiance/Spouse?

• Internet chat room
    • Internet dating site
    • While vacationing/working in his/her area
    • Through freinds/family
    • Other
  2. 2. How long were you together before getting engaged/married?

• 6 months or less
    • 6 months - 1 year
    • 1-2 years
    • 2-4 years
    • 4 years or more
  3. 3. How many visits have you made to each other since meeting?

• One
    • Two
    • Three
    • Four
    • Five or more (if anyone checks this I'm gonna be jealous)

53 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

I met Amed when I was vacationing in Europe. My mom and aunt and I parted ways in England, and I hopped over to Paris by myself. I was wandering around the Eiffel Tower, popped into a store to get out of the rain, and was approached by this attractive guy asking if he could help me. We chit-chatted for a few minutes, I paid for my stuff and responded to his questions in French, and he was surpised. He asked if I'd like to come back by and go for a coffee after he got off of work, but I was wary and declined. When I was walking back to the Metro, I thought "here i am, by myself, in the most romantic city in the world. Why not?" So I went back by, pretended to be looking at the exchange rates in the window, and he came out and started talking to me again. He invited me to go with him to tour Versailles the next day (which is where I had planned to go anyway). I met up with him at the train station in Versailles, and we spent the rest of my trip together. He even met me in Nice for a couple of days. When I came back to the U.S., we kept in touch. I went back to Paris 4 times after that to see him. The 4th time, I stayed for a year. That last trip back to the States was the hardest trip I've ever had to make.

And he will be here next week and we'll finally stop having to say goodbye!!!!!!!!

4/15/06- Visa in hand!!!

4/21/06 Arrival in U.S.

5/11/06 Legal Marriage

11/4/06 Wedding

AOS

6/12/06 AOS, EAD, and AP papers sent off

6/26/06 NOA1 Date

7/17/06 Biometrics done

8/04/06 Case transferred to CSC

8/8/06 Case received at CSC

9/21/06 Greencard received!!!!

8/31/09 Naturalization- Done with USCIS

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What great stories!!!

I met Majid when I was on vacation in Morocco, spending a few days alone after meeting up with a friend of mine who was doing the Peace Corps. I was at a cafe, and he was at the next table, and he kept trying to talk to me. I figured it was a good chance to practice my french, so I finally relented! I'm glad I did :D

Laura, your AOS interview got cancelled? I hope you get transferred to CSC!

Inlovingmemory-2.gif

October 13, 2005: VISA IN HAND!!!

November 15, 2005 - Arrival at JFK!!!

January 28, 2006 - WEDDING!!!

February 27, 2006 - Sent in AOS

June 23, 2006 - AP approved

June 29, 2006 - EAD approved

June 29, 2006 - Transferred to CSC

October 2006 - 2 year green card received!

July 15, 2008 - Sent in I-751

July 22, 2008 - I-751 NOA

• 9 months later...

BumpWorthy

I figured it is a good poll and thread for the newer members to get to know us oldies a bit better and update the stats!

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Ha! I thought this was new. I must have missed it the first time around.

I voted "while vactioning/working in his area". Although it wasn't really his area. We were both working in Genova, Italy and met waaay back in April of 2003. :)

We were together almost two years before getting engaged, and almost three by the time we were married.

Oh, and the last question didn't really apply. We lived together in Italy for over a year (gasp! :P ) so we didn't visit each other.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

wow, apparently I answered the poll, but never shared my story! Here goes: Most of you know I am a professional bellydancer (Raqs Sharqui, Danse Oriental, Rakasa). Said was here in Louisiana for the 4th time doing Anti Terrorism Training w/ the DHS, Police Dept, & local university thru a program called ATAP (Anti Terrorism Assistance Program). He came w/ his colleagues to the restuarant where I worked. He wanted to meet me in 2003 but I was married and barely said hello to him. Then when he returned in 2005, he came to find me again b/c he said "he couldn't forget my angel face" :blush: and I was divorced this time. He visited the restaurant 3 or 4 times looking for me but I wasn't working, til finally, 8 days before he had to leave. I was there and he invited me to sit w/ him & his colleagues on my breaks. He asked if he could take me out when I finished working and I said ok. The rest is history..... :luv:(L)

Met briefly in Baton Rouge, LA Nov. 2003 - not available :(

Met again in Baton Rouge, LA March 25, 2005 - 2 souls feel as 1

Sept 17-Oct 3, 2005 Noura goes to Morocco to meet family & friends of Said (informally engaged)

Daily phonecalls, discover internet chatting w/ video cam - OMG!!!

March 25-April 14, 2006 Noura's 2nd trip to Morocco - formal engagement w/ family

April 24, 2006- mailed in K1 Visa package - TSC

Oct 5, 2006 - Interview SUCCESS

Oct 12, 2006 - Called to pick up visa tomorrow!

Oct. 16, 2006 VISA IN HAND!

Dec. 24, 2006 - Said arrives in NOLA, just in time for the holidaze!

Dec. 31, 2006 - OUR WEDDING!!! Ringing in a New Year as husband & wife!

Jan 8, 2007 - applied for SSN

Jan 15, 2007 - recieved SSN

Feb 6, 2007 - checks cashed for AOS/EAD/AP - YAY!

Feb 8, 2007 - NOA1 on AOS/EAD/AP

Feb 14, 07 - touched EAD/AP

March 8, 07 - Biometrics appt in NOLA

April 17, 07 - AP approved

April 19, 07 - EAD approved

glitter_maker_12_25_2006_00_00_12_97213.gif

Filed: Timeline
wow, apparently I answered the poll, but never shared my story! Here goes: Most of you know I am a professional bellydancer (Raqs Sharqui, Danse Oriental, Rakasa). Said was here in Louisiana for the 4th time doing Anti Terrorism Training w/ the DHS, Police Dept, & local university thru a program called ATAP (Anti Terrorism Assistance Program). He came w/ his colleagues to the restuarant where I worked. He wanted to meet me in 2003 but I was married and barely said hello to him. Then when he returned in 2005, he came to find me again b/c he said "he couldn't forget my angel face" :blush: and I was divorced this time. He visited the restaurant 3 or 4 times looking for me but I wasn't working, til finally, 8 days before he had to leave. I was there and he invited me to sit w/ him & his colleagues on my breaks. He asked if he could take me out when I finished working and I said ok. The rest is history..... :luv:(L)

(L)(F)

Apparently I answered the poll too but never put anything else . . . I met Ahmed on my 2nd trip to Egypt. I went for a big dance festival and he was the brother of a guy that worked for the costumer that my friend (Nouna's mom) here in Dallas buys costumes from . . . he was recruited to show me around in Cairo.

Edited by cbd2cai

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hmmm...

We met online while both playing a wargame! :lol: We were on the same team. Knew each other for a while before we started talking and it was a while after that before we became friends and a very short time after that in which things got serious. Two years later here I am.

The last question doesn't apply because I still haven't made it over there yet! :crying:

I was going to go there at first but got horribly ill, then we tried to get him here on a B visa. :lol::lol: Yeah, fat chance on that one. So now I am planning again on going there, we just keep getting delayed. *sigh*

Insha'Allah soon we'll be together.

:luv:

Allah tries his chosen people through many hardships, but those who persevere through adversity, surrendering themselves before the will of Allah, shall be blessed with a superb reward.

-The Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reported by Anas bin Malik

A time will come when the sky is torn apart; when the stars scatter, and the ocean drains away; and when the graves are tossed about, and laid open. At that time every man will be told what he has done, and what he has failed to do; and every woman will be told what she has done, and what she has failed to do.

-Qur'an, Al-Infitar, Surah 82:1-5

Hmmm...

We met online while both playing a wargame! :lol: We were on the same team. Knew each other for a while before we started talking and it was a while after that before we became friends and a very short time after that in which things got serious. Two years later here I am.

The last question doesn't apply because I still haven't made it over there yet! :crying:

I was going to go there at first but got horribly ill, then we tried to get him here on a B visa. :lol::lol: Yeah, fat chance on that one. So now I am planning again on going there, we just keep getting delayed. *sigh*

Melly, have you booked another trip yet??

Hmmm where did this come from? It's new to me so I voted..met in an internet chat room, we knew each other for nearly 1.5 yrs before marrying, I've been to Egypt twice to visit.

We met in the Arab American Yahoo chat room on Sept. 25, 2004. I went to meet him and his family in Dec. 2005 and we married Jan. 2006. I visited again in July 2006.

Edited by moody

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline
Hmmm...

Haven't booked the first trip yet no. Still waiting (long story). Insha'Allah it will be end of February but still don't know. And I checked prices last night on Lufthansa. Cheapest was 1550 and that was with yuck flights. To get a flight schedule I liked was 1800.

Allah tries his chosen people through many hardships, but those who persevere through adversity, surrendering themselves before the will of Allah, shall be blessed with a superb reward.

-The Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reported by Anas bin Malik

A time will come when the sky is torn apart; when the stars scatter, and the ocean drains away; and when the graves are tossed about, and laid open. At that time every man will be told what he has done, and what he has failed to do; and every woman will be told what she has done, and what she has failed to do.

-Qur'an, Al-Infitar, Surah 82:1-5

Hmmm...

Haven't booked the first trip yet no. Still waiting (long story). Insha'Allah it will be end of February but still don't know. And I checked prices last night on Lufthansa. Cheapest was 1550 and that was with yuck flights. To get a flight schedule I liked was 1800.

I booked for the end of February. If you do book, let me know and maybe we can meet-up!

I like Lufthansa so i bit the bullet a bit for the one-stop flight from DFW because I don't want to waste my time sitting in miscellaneous airports around the world . . . just Frankfurt is fine with me. I have a problem with flying to Chicago (not that I don't like Chicago), then to Frankfurt-Cairo. The more stops there are, the more chances there are for delays. The first flight I took on Lufthansa was around $900, three years ago! but the fares have all gone up since then. . . obviously!!!

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

i'm new so i'll tell my story :)

i met abdelilah while i was traveling in morocco with my best friend. i had already been to morocco once before (the year before). we were at the gnaoua and world music festival in essaouira when i saw his hotness dancing near me. i smiled, he walked over to me, and the rest ....well that leads us to today! :D i can't wait until he can come here and be my husband!!!!!!!

"It's far better to be alone than wish you were." - Ann Landers

world-map.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

These stories are great! I met Mohamed while I was studying in Spain. He had moved to Spain 2 years earlier. We met Feb 3 2006 (tomorrow is 1 year!) in a cafe and were engaged when I left in June.

Isn't it amazing how lucky most of these meetings are? Me and Mohamed always are amazed that we both ended up in the same cafe in the same city in Spain and that we both knew how to speak Spanish.

03/09/07 - POE at JFK - Temp EAD given

03/13/07 - Married

AOS

04/20/07 - Package arrived in Chicago

04/26/07 - NOA1 for AOS and AP

05/08/07 - AP touched

05/22/07 - Biometrics

05/23/07 - RFE email notification for 485

05/29/07 - RFE received by mail - Request for medical exam

06/01/07 - Contacted congressman regarding RFE

06/08/07 - Case resumed processing

10/01/07 - Email Notice of Transfer to CSC

10/04/07 - Pending at CSC

11/09/07 - Green Card Approved

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Hmmm where did this come from? It's new to me so I voted..met in an internet chat room, we knew each other for nearly 1.5 yrs before marrying, I've been to Egypt twice to visit.

We met in the Arab American Yahoo chat room on Sept. 25, 2004. I went to meet him and his family in Dec. 2005 and we married Jan. 2006. I visited again in July 2006.

You met on my birthday!!! (sep 25 :luv: )

We met in yahoo in an Islam chat room. He and I chit chatted a bit and after a while he would bring up the fact that he was starting to like me. I blew all those comments off 'cause, duh...he's from Egypt which is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay over there. :lol: Then one night I said why not and started working through my fears of flying over the atlantic. I'm planning on going back in August insha Allah if he's not here. (L)

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.